Options

2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,185
    edited January 2022
    Some of the shows still going on in January/February in New York:

Courtney Barnett (at Radio City day after Eddie N2 Beacon, that could be interesting)
    Marc Anthony
    Billie Ellish
    Elton John
    Billy Joel
    Tool
    The Marshall Tucker Band
    John Mayer
    Imagine Dragons
    Darius Rucker
    Evanescence (this Friday)
    Wale (next Monday)
    Thursday (next Wednesday)
    Third Eye Blind (next Thursday)
    Killswitch Engage
    Lupe Fiasco

Plus 22 productions on Broadway, 8 shows a week.

Maybe theater is different since everyone sits nicely and watches the show? Plus some of the venues aren’t allowing or selling food/drink. Been to 4 shows so far with no problems (knock on wood).
    Post edited by OceansJenny on
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,899
    So the rumor is there are no rumors?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,795
    mcgruff10 said:
    The rumour is the announcement is coming this week for sure. Guaranteed! 

Not sure if it is accurate though... 
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,802
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:

and that’s a solid rumour 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    D-Rod said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:

and that’s a solid rumour 
    Sending positive energy towards a tour announcement next week. 
  • Options
    What happened to the rumors of additional EV shows?
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,127
    edited January 2022
    forget EV, there’s a huge RV show in Suffern soon.
    Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,928
    The War On Drugs:

"With our long-awaited tour finally underway, we are heartbroken to share a member of our touring party has tested positive for COVID-19. With so much of the tour on the horizon, we’ve made the difficult decision to postpone the shows in Nashville and Atlanta, in order to take the safest approach for everyone. If everyone remains negative and healthy, we will continue the tour in Philly on Jan. 27th. Ticketholders: keep an eye out for an email from your local promoter for more information. We are working with the venues in order to announce new dates as soon as possible"

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,207
    JimmyV said:
    The War On Drugs:

"With our long-awaited tour finally underway, we are heartbroken to share a member of our touring party has tested positive for COVID-19. With so much of the tour on the horizon, we’ve made the difficult decision to postpone the shows in Nashville and Atlanta, in order to take the safest approach for everyone. If everyone remains negative and healthy, we will continue the tour in Philly on Jan. 27th. Ticketholders: keep an eye out for an email from your local promoter for more information. We are working with the venues in order to announce new dates as soon as possible"
    So one person in party tests positive and they cancel shows?  Ugh when will the insanity end
  • Options
    Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 723
    pjhawks said:
    JimmyV said:
    The War On Drugs:

So one person in party tests positive and they cancel shows?  Ugh when will the insanity end

Yeah, right? Postponed, cancelled, what's the difference really? So insane. Like really insane. Probably the most insane thing ever, to be honest.
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,582
    Yeah, I’m not sure how long people are going to pretend like we can slow the spread at this point. Case counts are really irrelevant now. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    Slowing spread is relevant for hospitals, because higher case counts mean:
    - staff missing due to increased illness, increased stress, increased resignations
    - longer waits due to room, equipment availability
    - temporary elimination of non emergent, but still important, procedures

If healthcare facilities are not functioning well, it could effect corresponding communities. Negative consequences include, but are not limited to, increased death counts. 
  • Options
    Forget indoor arenas, just play sheds.  Problem solved.  
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,207
    Why are you cancelling concerts for 1 person testing positive? The NHL, NBA and college sports are being played indoors with a lot of full arenas in the US. They don’t cancel when one player tests positive.  They isolate and test the people around that person. 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,441
    mcgruff10 said:
    +1
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    mcgruff10 said:
    This sounds reasonable to me. 
  • Options
    KL159781KL159781 Posts: 118
    pjhawks said:
    JimmyV said:
    The War On Drugs:

This is what’s been happening with concert tours for the last 6 months. It doesn’t matter if it makes sense to us, it’s just the way it is in the industry and is why a number of us thought that Vedder may postpone his tour, to tour later in the year when Covid is less prevalent.
  • Options
    KL159781KL159781 Posts: 118
    mcgruff10 said:
    How would that solve the problem? Tours are not being postponed over the possibility of audience members getting Covid while at shows. Cities and states place crowd limitations on venues out of concern for the audience, and it’s happening almost nowhere in the US right now. It’s crew and band members that are the concern within the industry. Regardless of whether concerts are held inside or outside, crew are still having to share buses, hotels, planes, setting up staging, etc.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,205
    mcgruff10 said:

That would create a whole new world of problems.    Are outdoor venues available in the cities.  How do you handle rallocating tickets?  What if the venue capacity is a few thousand less?  who's tickets are you going to cancel?   How do you redo seat location.'

Switching venues for a show that is already sold is a shittonne of work... lol.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Zod said:
    mcgruff10 said:

That would create a whole new world of problems.    Are outdoor venues available in the cities.  How do you handle rallocating tickets?  What if the venue capacity is a few thousand less?  who's tickets are you going to cancel?   How do you redo seat location.'

Playing sheds has nothing thing to do with the 2020 shows. Playing outdoors seems to be the better option.  Plenty of sheds across the us/Canada. 

Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Zod said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Playing sheds has nothing thing to do with the 2020 shows. Playing outdoors seems to be the better option.  Plenty of sheds across the us/Canada. 

Alright, I’m finally going to ask.   What the hell is a shed? 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,928
    I prefer the in and out ease of venues in cities. Close restaurants, hotels and multiple parking options. Too many sheds are out in the sticks. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    D-Rod said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Zod said:
    mcgruff10 said:

2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    D-Rod said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Zod said:
    mcgruff10 said:

amphitheaters.  :)
    Toronto Show  TonyLevincom
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    edited January 2022
    Well, today was my prediction for announcement, but its not feeling like its going to be the day

Really hoping for something in the next few weeks. 

It also still feels highly strange and wrong that they haven't opened up EV Fan to Fan considering the shows start in 10 days.  
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,954
    "Hear my name, take a good look
    This could be the day"

Would certainly be nice if today was the day. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    D-Rod said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Zod said:
    mcgruff10 said:

amphitheaters.  :)
    Toronto Show  TonyLevincom
    Ok, got ya.  Bring on the sheds, closets and garages 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,582
    3days said:
    - staff missing due to increased illness, increased stress, increased resignations

If healthcare facilities are not functioning well, it could effect corresponding communities. Negative consequences include, but are not limited to, increased death counts. 
    Hospitals are not filling up with vaccinated people. Require a vax record and get it going. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    Well, today was my prediction for announcement, but its not feeling like its going to be the day

Really hoping for something in the next few weeks. 

It also still feels highly strange and wrong that they haven't opened up EV Fan to Fan considering the shows start in 10 days.  
    Agree re F2F.

I’m predicting next Monday 1/31 as the PJ news day.

PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,896
    3days said:

All of this! IF people stop listening to anti-vax propaganda and just get vaccinated we wouldn't be having these problems of non-vaxxed people filling up hospitals while they wait to die.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2