Options

2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,065
    Still not sure why the fan to fan isn’t opened up yet. That has to be soon! How long was it open before the spring 2020 tour? 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    Still not sure why the fan to fan isn’t opened up yet. That has to be soon! How long was it open before the spring 2020 tour? 
    Did they mention there being a fan to fan for the EV shows?  Or are we just assuming that there will be one since the PJ shows had one?
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,065
    Did they mention there being a fan to fan for the EV shows?  Or are we just assuming that there will be one since the PJ shows had one?
    I don’t even know anymore! Lol. I swear there was some mention of it.  I just was going through emails from tenclub about it and couldn’t find anything. But this is on Ticketmaster 

can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,931
    In the original announcement, it discusses the fan to fan exchange. 
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,931
    In the original announcement, it discusses the fan to fan exchange to launch early 2022. So maybe February  =)

• Options
    edited January 2022
    I don’t even know anymore! Lol. I swear there was some mention of it.  I just was going through emails from tenclub about it and couldn’t find anything. But this is on Ticketmaster 

That’s about as clear as it gets.  I’ll admit that’s very strange that the exchange isn’t open yet.  To say that but not have it up and running 20 days before the show is kind of weak

My guess is that it’s more related to the “platinum” tickets not being sold out yet, and less Covid related 
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,059
    Ryan said:
    PJ and Ed have never announced tours while one or the other is out on the road, so I expect we will not hear anything about PJ shows until after the EV tour is done.

An announcement in March with tour starting in May isn’t unheard of (2006, 2010).
    Are Ed's shows sold out? If so, what difference does it make if they announce the PJ shows?  I could see if they were struggling to sell Earthlings tickets, but if they are at capacity, then adding the PJ dates shouldn't have an effect.
  • Options
    uglybabouglybabo Posts: 518

That’s about as clear as it gets.  I’ll admit that’s very strange that the exchange isn’t open yet.  To say that but not have it up and running 20 days before the show is kind of weak

My guess is that it’s more related to the “platinum” tickets not being sold out yet, and less Covid related 
    I think some people are going to lose quite a bit of money in the next few weeks if they’re unable to attend. 

Like if you bought a $500 ticket to LA and put it up on the fan exchange you’ll be competing with the $185 tickets still available. 
  • Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,189
    "Starting early 2022" huh...probably June for the February shows...

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    The festival Glen Hansard was scheduled to play right before the Earthlings tour just got cancelled.

"Based on the current direction and impact of the Covid-19 pandemic, The Ark - Ann Arbor has made the difficult decision to cancel this year's Ann Arbor Folk Festival. Although the Folk Festival is The Ark's largest annual fundraising event and cancelling means losing a vital source of their annual operating revenue, the main concern is for the health and safety of patrons, artists, crew, staff, and the broader community."

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,945
    kcuf me said:
    No actual info from jeff, as expected

It was a great interview on the radio. Would of been sweet for some news on the reschuled 2020 NA tour. Hopefully we will get more info soon. 
  • Options
    dmbolp said:

The fan to fan needs to open next week.  At least for EV shows if they aren’t postponing.  It’s not fair to people who need to sell if it takes longer to open.  The tickets were sold with a condition that they could be resold on the exchange.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 826
    dmbolp said:

The fan to fan needs to open next week.  At least for EV shows if they aren’t postponing.  It’s not fair to people who need to sell if it takes longer to open.  The tickets were sold with a condition that they could be resold on the exchange.  
    Ok Mr Scalper, I find it amusing to hear all the so called fans that suddenly need to resell their tickets.  Give me a Fn break. 
  • Options
    vedpunk said:
    dmbolp said:

Ok Mr Scalper, I find it amusing to hear all the so called fans that suddenly need to resell their tickets.  Give me a Fn break. 
    The fan to fan is face value only so it can’t be used for that. 

People just want an option to get some of their money back if they can’t attend. 
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,805
    Some people
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    vedpunk said:
    dmbolp said:

You are wrong.  Don’t judge people without knowing their situations.  For example the rules for short trips to US from Canada have changed since the tour was announced. Many Canadians will not be able to go now.

Perhaps you should stick to sharing your insight about upcoming shows.  

Thanks 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options
    edited January 2022
    The Fan 2 Fan literally prevents scalping so kind of an interesting thing to comment

If it was advertised that the F2F would be available, then it should be.  Plain and simple.  

I think they would have liked to sell the Platinum tickets sooner, but I’m not surprised that they are still available.  

I’ve said this before, but post Covid, people in general not only have less disposable income, but are choosing where and how to use it more carefully.

If anything, the fact that those Platinum tickets are still there shows that it’s in the bands best interest to get the new dates announced ASAP.  There are already going to be a few not sold out shows, but announcing them earlier can let people plan and lock in travel.  A February or March announcement for May shows is going to lead to a lot of empty seats in the upper levels.  Mainly talking about the Midwest shows.  We all know the East Coast shows sell out much faster than the rest of the country and Baltimore/MSG will be a sell out no matter what.
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,193
    edited January 2022
    Edit: Nvm staying on topic.
    Post edited by OceansJenny on
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,822
    Edit: Nvm staying on topic.
    Hard to at the moment isn't it with nothing to talk about. Crazy that there is nothing out there for hold rumours at the moment and we are potentially days or weeks away from getting the May tour announced. 
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 826
    vedpunk said:
    dmbolp said:

You are wrong.  Don’t judge people without knowing their situations.  For example the rules for short trips to US from Canada have changed since the tour was announced. Many Canadians will not be able to go now.

Thanks 
    My bad, you make some good points. I only wish I had tour info to share :(
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,804
    edited January 2022
    After listening to Jeff’s interview again I believe his comments about Eddie’s tour being the guinea pig was a reference on “ how to tour during the pandemic “ and not “ should we tour”
         Having said that I can see them announcing the shows before Ed hits the road………just my opinion……..I will hang up and listen  
    Post edited by D-Rod on
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,591
    D-Rod said:
    After listening to Jeff interview again I believe his comments about Eddie’s tour being the guinea pig was a reference on “ how to tour during the pandemic “ and not “ should we tour”
         Having said that I can see them announcing the shows before Ed his the road………just my opinion……..I will hang up and listen  
    Agreed. Touring safely so nobody gets sick probably isn’t a lot of fun either. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:
    D-Rod said:
    After listening to Jeff interview again I believe his comments about Eddie’s tour being the guinea pig was a reference on “ how to tour during the pandemic “ and not “ should we tour”
         Having said that I can see them announcing the shows before Ed his the road………just my opinion……..I will hang up and listen  
    Agreed. Touring safely so nobody gets sick probably isn’t a lot of fun either. 
    Yeah, I sort of thought he was referring to testing, as in, how will it work for the band and entire production crew to be tested all the time, what happens if someone tests positive, how bubbled do all those people have to be, etc.  

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,822
    edited January 2022
    Is this the week? :confused:
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,256
    vedpunk said:
    dmbolp said:

Thanks 

This is the boat I'm stuck in.  The rules doesn't make much sense.   You need to get a test done within 72 hours of returning to Canada, which means most people will probably get a test as soon as they cross the border, so the result is back in time for the return trip.

The rule that has me nervous, is I believe border agents are doing random testing upon the return trip.   If you get chose, they do a test on you, and you go straight home, and have to quarantine until you get the result.   Being a government run thing it could take a while to get the result, which could totally mess with having to go back to work after the trip.

We're still mulling over what we'll do.  Kind of waiting to see if the back cracks on Omicron and what not.   Just got our booster shots, allthough the booster made me fairly ill.. shrug..

To your point too.. I imagine there's a fair amount of fans that that aren't comfortable going to show during the height of a wave in the pandemic.   Hopefully if the tour is going ahead as scheduled, they open up f2f, so tickets get into the hands of people that can or are willing attend.
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,642

A) most everyone is getting omicron
    B) if you manage to prove your exposure, re-entry to Canada doesn't require the 72-hour pre-departure molecular test

May shows are in less than 180 days.

Just saying.
  • Options
    Zod said:
    vedpunk said:
    dmbolp said:

Thanks 

To your point too.. I imagine there's a fair amount of fans that that aren't comfortable going to show during the height of a wave in the pandemic.   Hopefully if the tour is going ahead as scheduled, they open up f2f, so tickets get into the hands of people that can or are willing attend.
    Yeah, I think overall there will be a lot more local fans versus out of towners. 

If there was a show within a few hours drive I might consider it, but with all the COVID testing/procedure added to the possibility of a last minute cancellation it’s a bit much. 

I mean no offense to Chicago (had a wonderful time the few times I’ve been)  but if I flew there and then the shows were cancelled it’d be a wasted trip (mid week, winter, COVID). 

And regarding fan to fan it needs to open soon. I think there’s going to be quite a few tickets available and we’re already less than 3 weeks till the tour starts. 
  • Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,189
    Maybe once Platinums are gone?
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,256
    uglybabo said:
    Zod said:
    vedpunk said:
    dmbolp said:

Thanks 

Yeah, I think overall there will be a lot more local fans versus out of towners. 

If there was a show within a few hours drive I might consider it, but with all the COVID testing/procedure added to the possibility of a last minute cancellation it’s a bit much. 

I mean no offense to Chicago (had a wonderful time the few times I’ve been)  but if I flew there and then the shows were cancelled it’d be a wasted trip (mid week, winter, COVID). 

And regarding fan to fan it needs to open soon. I think there’s going to be quite a few tickets available and we’re already less than 3 weeks till the tour starts. 

Yah, for me, it's always a ferry ride and a drive.   In a straight line Vancouver is only 20km's closer than Seattle, so both cities have been my "local" go to cities for shows, so being able to go to Seattle felt being able to go back to something familiar :)

It still might work out.  The hotel room is fully cancellable up to 48 hours before the date of the show.  I haven't made ferry reservations yet, but it's not too expensive if I do and can't make it.   It's the tickets.  The pair for night 2 that I got from verified fan would probably sell because they're cheapest tickets in the venue, but the ones we bought from night 1 on platinum... those could end up being hard to move.

Seattle is on the back end of the tour, so there's hope the situation improves before then.
  • Options
    Zod said:
    uglybabo said:
    Zod said:
    vedpunk said:
    dmbolp said:

Thanks 

Yah, for me, it's always a ferry ride and a drive.   In a straight line Vancouver is only 20km's closer than Seattle, so both cities have been my "local" go to cities for shows, so being able to go to Seattle felt being able to go back to something familiar :)

It still might work out.  The hotel room is fully cancellable up to 48 hours before the date of the show.  I haven't made ferry reservations yet, but it's not too expensive if I do and can't make it.   It's the tickets.  The pair for night 2 that I got from verified fan would probably sell because they're cheapest tickets in the venue, but the ones we bought from night 1 on platinum... those could end up being hard to move.

Seattle is on the back end of the tour, so there's hope the situation improves before then.
    In your situation I totally understand the wait and see idea; refundable hotel and being able to drive combined with the later shows it makes sense. 

And I have had problems with Ticketmaster as a Canadian when it came time to buy/sell tickets. So having fan to fan open earlier it would give more time to iron that out.