Options

2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,835
    3days said:
    Slowing spread is relevant for hospitals, because higher case counts mean:
    - staff missing due to increased illness, increased stress, increased resignations
    - longer waits due to room, equipment availability
    - temporary elimination of non emergent, but still important, procedures

If healthcare facilities are not functioning well, it could effect corresponding communities. Negative consequences include, but are not limited to, increased death counts. 
    All of this! IF people stop listening to anti-vax propaganda and just get vaccinated we wouldn't be having these problems of non-vaxxed people filling up hospitals while they wait to die.
    😴😴😴 please go to AMT to “discuss” this. 
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    nicknyr15 said:
    3days said:
    - staff missing due to increased illness, increased stress, increased resignations

If healthcare facilities are not functioning well, it could effect corresponding communities. Negative consequences include, but are not limited to, increased death counts. 
    All of this! IF people stop listening to anti-vax propaganda and just get vaccinated we wouldn't be having these problems of non-vaxxed people filling up hospitals while they wait to die.
    As stated before, impossible! :)
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,935
    Noload said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    3days said:

As stated before, impossible! :)
    As the great Kevin Garnett once stated, anything is possible!!!
  • Options
    patkelly12patkelly12 CT Posts: 347
    Why limit one's stupidity to just a single page?
  • Options
    CJ260717CJ260717 Posts: 414
    D-Rod said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Zod said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Forget indoor arenas, just play sheds.  Problem solved.  

That would create a whole new world of problems.    Are outdoor venues available in the cities.  How do you handle rallocating tickets?  What if the venue capacity is a few thousand less?  who's tickets are you going to cancel?   How do you redo seat location.'

Switching venues for a show that is already sold is a shittonne of work... lol.
    Playing sheds has nothing thing to do with the 2020 shows. Playing outdoors seems to be the better option.  Plenty of sheds across the us/Canada. 

Alright, I’m finally going to ask.   What the hell is a shed? 
    I'm a big fan of sheds!  shed is typically a simple, single-story roofed structure in a back garden or on an allotment that is used for storage...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shed
  • Options
    ChoskaChoska Posts: 121
    D-Rod said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Zod said:
    mcgruff10 said:

That would create a whole new world of problems.    Are outdoor venues available in the cities.  How do you handle rallocating tickets?  What if the venue capacity is a few thousand less?  who's tickets are you going to cancel?   How do you redo seat location.'

Playing sheds has nothing thing to do with the 2020 shows. Playing outdoors seems to be the better option.  Plenty of sheds across the us/Canada. 

Technically aren't those outdoor amphitheaters more like very elaborate lean-tos than sheds? 
    Seattle 1992Seattle 1992Seattle 1993Seattle 1995Seattle 1996Seattle 1998Seattle 2001Seattle 2002Seattle 2005Gorge 2006Seattle 2009Seattle 2013Chicago 2016 x2Seattle 2018 x2San Diego 2022Nashville 2022, Seattle 2022 - Eddie Vedder

• Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,246
    D-Rod said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    D-Rod said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Zod said:
    mcgruff10 said:

amphitheaters.  :)
    Toronto Show  TonyLevincom
    Ok, got ya.  Bring on the sheds, closets and garages 
    😂
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,844
    Okay 30 mins away from me giving up on today. Then there is tomorrow! 
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,634
    PJNB said:
    I will be pretty bummed out if we enter February and dont even get a hype-building instagram post to "Stay Tuned..."

If the Tour starts May 1st or that week, we are just about at the 3 month out mark.  I don't see how they can wait much longer than that to announce this thing...
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,552
    PJNB said:
    I will be pretty bummed out if we enter February and dont even get a hype-building instagram post to "Stay Tuned..."

If the Tour starts May 1st or that week, we are just about at the 3 month out mark.  I don't see how they can wait much longer than that to announce this thing...
    They can when the tickets are already sold.  There will be some refunds obviously but I wonder if arena shows are even selling out these days.
  • Options
    uglybabouglybabo Posts: 518
    PJNB said:

They can when the tickets are already sold.  There will be some refunds obviously but I wonder if arena shows are even selling out these days. 
    I think someone already mentioned this, but with Jeff saying that Eddie’s tour is like a trial to see how this goes, we may not get anything concrete till the end of the February - and that’s if everything goes smoothly. 

If the shows are even 60% sold out, they won’t need much lead time. I think overall there will be less travel to see these shows than a normal PJ tour. 
  • Options
    They need to reschedule these already so those of us in cities that got passed over can get unrealistically optimistic and ultimately passed over again for the next tour. 

Until this tour in the books, it's really bleak on when/if they will ever come back to mine, and i'm guessing, many many others' cities.
  • Options
    RyanRyan Posts: 1,019
    PJNB said:

2006, 2010 May tours were both announced first or second week of March, six or seven weeks before the first shows.
    2020 was announced about eight weeks before the first show.
    If coronavirus is under control and they proceed with shows May 2022, I’ll guess an announcement between Feb 28 and Mar 14.
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,844
    edited January 2022
    Ryan said:
    PJNB said:

2006, 2010 May tours were both announced first or second week of March, six or seven weeks before the first shows.
    If coronavirus is under control and they proceed with shows May 2022, I’ll guess an announcement between Feb 28 and Mar 14.
    I can respect this research and numbers but am hoping that they do not wait that long. I am very impatient as are thousands of other fans lol. I guess if there is a possibility that they announce now and postpone again rather than wait another month to be sure I will take the month wait. 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,552
    I hope they announce the rest of the year as well.  Assuming more shows after Europe.  
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,926
    Yes! Please announce all at once.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    mcgruff10 said:
    You new here?   ;)
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,926
    Noload said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    You new here?   ;)
    You know it!  Just heard evenflow for the first time!  Epic brooooo.  I can’t wait to mosh to it!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    I hope they announce the rest of the year as well.  Assuming more shows after Europe.  
    Me too, but with COVID I think the best we can hope for is here are May/June dates and the fall dates will be begin in (insert month here). 
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    mcgruff10 said:
    Noload said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    You new here?   ;)
    You know it!  Just heard evenflow for the first time!  Epic brooooo.  I can’t wait to mosh to it!!
    LOL
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,274
    PJNB said:

Tool had several sold out shows on their tour and a few upcoming are sold out with others getting close.  Arenas are selling out for the good shows.

No rumors on prospective dates to me means this is pretty far away from announcement.  I really hope it is before March though as I don't even live in the same part of the country.
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,911
    nicknyr15 said:
    3days said:

Yes. Let's absolutely not discuss WHY these tours are getting cancelled...
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,835
    nicknyr15 said:
    3days said:

Are you kidding? Every post like yours goes down the same. I’ll come here to 15 new posts about Covid. There’s literally a thread in AMT to argue about your feelings on the pandemic. 
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,137
    I see people's points about past tours being announced only 6-7 weeks from shows.  And I also see that people saying tickets having already been sold means they need less time (less ticket to sell).

My opinion is different.  I bought concert tickets 2 years ago....I would hope that they would grant me the respect of having as much lead time as possible in order to determine if I can still make it.  I also understand the the uncertainty of everything messes with timelines.  But still....Been waiting 2 years.  I understand why, but please give me the time needed to be able to get to the concerts.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    RR258111RR258111 São Paulo, Brazil Posts: 59
    I see people's points about past tours being announced only 6-7 weeks from shows.  And I also see that people saying tickets having already been sold means they need less time (less ticket to sell).

My opinion is different.  I bought concert tickets 2 years ago....I would hope that they would grant me the respect of having as much lead time as possible in order to determine if I can still make it.  I also understand the the uncertainty of everything messes with timelines.  But still....Been waiting 2 years.  I understand why, but please give me the time needed to be able to get to the concerts.
    I agree... this scenario is complete different than a regular tour.....please, release the dates !

PJ - Irvine,CA (06,03,2003) SP, Brazil (12,02,2005), SP, Brazil (12,03,2005) ,SP, Brazil (11,03,2011),  SP, Brazil (11,04,2011), SP, Brazil (03,31, 2013), SP, Brazil (11,14,2015), Ft Lauderdale, FL (04,08,2016), Miami, FL (04,09,2016), SP,Brazil(03,24,2018)Chicago, IL(08,18, 2018), Chicago, IL(08,20,2018), San Diego, CA (05,03,2022), Los Angeles, CA (05/06/2022), Los Angeles, CA (05/07/2022) , Oakland, CA(05/12/2022) - EV - SP, Brazil 2015/2018, 

• Options
    wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 482

agree 100%.  Sorry if this has been already discussed, but, at this point, you have loyal fans who have clung to their tickets for nearly two years now, and the "regular rules" about date announcements really shouldn't apply. They've already announced their intentions to play in the spring, so I honestly don't understand the hesitation in announcing the dates sooner rather than later to allow people to plan around those dates.  Unless there are things happening behind the scenes that prevent such an announcement, I really see the delay as a disservice to their loyal fans. 
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,804
    Ryan said:
    PJNB said:

If they are playing Wrigley and Fenway this summer those shows are usually announced in January. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    wsimon74 said:

agree 100%.  Sorry if this has been already discussed, but, at this point, you have loyal fans who have clung to their tickets for nearly two years now, and the "regular rules" about date announcements really shouldn't apply. They've already announced their intentions to play in the spring, so I honestly don't understand the hesitation in announcing the dates sooner rather than later to allow people to plan around those dates.  Unless there are things happening behind the scenes that prevent such an announcement, I really see the delay as a disservice to their loyal fans. 
    Their intention to play this spring (May) was announced in November pre omicron. They’re probably reassessing based on how the solo tour is going to go. 
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,911
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    3days said:

Are you kidding? Every post like yours goes down the same. I’ll come here to 15 new posts about Covid. There’s literally a thread in AMT to argue about your feelings on the pandemic. 
    Sorry if I hurt your feelings talking about something that is affecting tour cancellations. Just responded to another post. Not arguing with anyone, except maybe you now... Have a swell day!
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,218

I agree. If we have to wait until early March to get these May dates I'm going to be pretty annoyed. I'm not one to get annoyed at short tour dates announcements but I've been holding out for 2 years now and will need to schedule vacation , book a hotel and a flight for the show I am going to.  I'll make it work whenever it gets announced but for a rescheduled date sooner is better than later.