Options

2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,932
    From a fan of Rage since it's inception, you kinda get used to this. Hell, I still have my ticket from the 2000 tour. I kept it as a memento, rather than get the refund. What a tour this would've been...
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 912
    Not that it was a rumor, but more a hopeful addition, No Jazz Fest for PJ this year.  The Who, Foo Fighters, Stevie Nicks, and Luke Combs headlining

• Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,504
  • Options
    uglybabouglybabo Posts: 518
    Adele cancels her Vegas residency the night before the first show. It’s so hard to make plans to travel for a show right now. 

If it’s close by, or in your city that’s one thing. But booking a flight, hotel etc solely for a show is a bit nerve wracking. 
  • Options
    jefftjefft Posts: 650
    edited January 2022
    uglybabo said:
    Adele cancels her Vegas residency the night before the first show. It’s so hard to make plans to travel for a show right now. 

If it’s close by, or in your city that’s one thing. But booking a flight, hotel etc solely for a show is a bit nerve wracking. 
    100 percent nerve wracking.  Then the what if you get it while your away, more hotel costs etc, etc......
    Post edited by jefft on
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    uglybabo said:

Wow.  That is crazy.  What did she know today that she didn't know a week, two weeks or three weeks ago?  Nothing.  No excuse to cancel the day before in my opinion, assuming it was a Covid related decision and not an illness, family incident, etc.

• Options
    bbiggs said:
    uglybabo said:

Wow.  That is crazy.  What did she know today that she didn't know a week, two weeks or three weeks ago?  Nothing.  No excuse to cancel the day before in my opinion, assuming it was a Covid related decision and not an illness, family incident, etc.

In the video she states, delivery issues and Covid. 
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 1,999
    jefft said:
    uglybabo said:

100 percent nerve wracking.  Then the what if you get it while your away, more hotel costs etc, etc......
    As a healthy & fully boosted holder of 2/3 EV tickets, I’m honestly kind of pumped to have tested positive for COVID this morning. Dealing with regular cold symptoms now, but won’t have to sweat out the next two weeks hoping I don’t catch it right before the show. 
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    bbiggs said:
    uglybabo said:

In the video she states, delivery issues and Covid. 
    I saw after I posted.  I’m sympathetic towards the fact that some of her crew members have the virus, but even a few extra days of lead time would prevent a ton of traveling fans from being negatively impacted.  And if it’s truly about crew members having Covid right now, why cancel the entire residency?  Cancel the first few shows until the crew is healthy.  Quarantine for 5 days and good to go. I don’t know.  Less than 24 hours before show time seems preventable. 
  • Options
    Alright I’m putting this out there - my Ottawa ticket is very average and I feel like it’s at least 50/50 I could improve it - so I am setting a deadline of Nov. 30 for PJ to announce the new dates or I am refunding that ticket.  Not that one ticket from one guy is going to impact anything but it’s getting ridiculous.  
    Updating my little blurb above…I decided the semi announcement they made in November was good enough…but now it’s getting annoying again…so setting new deadline in next few days.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    I’m not annoyed yet, as I’ve expected “early 2022” to mean last week of Jan or early February.

Now, if the first week or two of February pass and we hear nothing, then I’ll be annoyed again lol
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,772

The EV shows have always been and are still a 100% go.

They just announced a sweepstakes for a get away package for an EV show.  If there was even a small possibility of a postponement, this would not have been done.

We are under the 3 week mark for the Tour to start.  Covid will be just as bad in 20 days as it is now.  I can’t see how anyone still thinks these shows aren’t going to happen.

When did SiriusXM do their contest for Apollo tickets?
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,802
    I’m not annoyed yet, as I’ve expected “early 2022” to mean last week of Jan or early February.

Now, if the first week or two of February pass and we hear nothing, then I’ll be annoyed again lol
    That’s what I’m thinking as well 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    D-Rod said:

That’s what I’m thinking as well 
    Alright then.  New deadline Feb. 15.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,063

The EV shows have always been and are still a 100% go.

They just announced a sweepstakes for a get away package for an EV show.  If there was even a small possibility of a postponement, this would not have been done.

We are under the 3 week mark for the Tour to start.  Covid will be just as bad in 20 days as it is now.  I can’t see how anyone still thinks these shows aren’t going to happen.

When did SiriusXM do their contest for Apollo tickets?
    I won on 2/24, I think. I won towards the beginning of the contest, week 2 maybe and COVID wasn't even on my radar at that time. Hit the radar a week or so later. 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    RyanRyan Posts: 1,017

I mentioned this a couple pages ago, but I’ll post it again; it would be unprecedented for PJ to announce a tour while Ed is touring.  They’ve announced shows in the past either just before Ed tours (2008) and shortly after, but never during.  They’ll want Ed’s tour and new record to be the focus for those few weeks.
    I wouldn’t expect anything from PJ until early March.  It gives them a chance to see how Ed’s tour during the pandemic goes and how omicron goes over the next six weeks.  Hopefully we get all the dates (spring and fall?) at once.
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,391
    But this isn’t normal really. A lot of people sitting on tickets would like to know dates for various reasons. Sorry Ed, but we can divert attention away from your solo stuff for a week of PJ excitement
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    They won't be announcing a tour. They will be announcing rescheduled dates for a tour they announced two years ago. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,174
    It does seem odd the EV tour seems full steam ahead (even with many other bands cancelling stuff), at the same time I get the feeling PJ is being extra cautious before announcing the rescheduled dates (when they said they'd announce in early 2022 I don't think were in a good place covid wise).

I feel like I'm go or bust.  Especially with today's news they cancelled the first leg of the RATM tour.   Luckily for me I don't need to get on a plane.   Just some driving and a boat, which means if I did contract it on the trip at least I can get home and ride it out.  Assuming I don't start the trip with it and test negative when I get a test after immediately crossing into the US so I can use it to come back.
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,478
    I thought bands had to reschedule shows before the refund window opened? It's kinda hard to determine if I should get a RATM refund without knowing when the new dates are. So frustrating.
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    I woke up slightly more annoyed today, since the Boston Calling lineup dropped and I want to go to that in May so bad now 
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,546
    I'm a little jealous that the US isn't limiting event capacity like my province. 

Here's to hoping restrictions are lifted the day before Bif Naked is set to play an acoustic set so she can afford some "bananas and vegetables".
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 918
    DEGBTI said:
    didn't pj already announce the re-scheduled 2020 tour to start in May? Have they said anything different since, no. So what is the problem? Ed is touring in a couple weeks, long before May. The hype around omicron is already losing steam. Certainly Ed believes so or he wouldn't be touring in a couple weeks. 
    Dates were set before Omicron dude. He didn't schedule them as they are because he knew Omicron would "lose steam". Also, not sure where you live, but Delta and Omicron are hardly losing steam here in the mid-west. 
    I live in San Diego dude. Nobody I know cares one bit about omicron. We go about our daily lives as always. We are outside living life, dude.
    I have about 25% of my employees out with omicron now. All have flue symptoms and want to be back to work asap. Keep watching the news and scaring yourself dude. Its here to stay, get over it and live your life. 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    If you want to argue about COVID please go to AMT. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,767
    Wilco is holding a festival in Cancun right now.  Govt Mule is holding a festival in Jamacia right now.

Choices have to be made. Reservations have to be made. Just need an asnwer one way or another.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,757
    edited January 2022
    Next week is the week or the next I am sure of it. If not then after that for sure. 
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,802
    PJNB said:
    Next week is the week or the next I am sure of it. If not then after that for sure. 
    I’m  sticking with Tuesday January 25th at 1pm EST.  
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,930
    D-Rod said:
    PJNB said:
    I'm with you on this. I think the 25th is pretty likely, maybe, possibly. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,757
    D-Rod said:
    PJNB said:
    I'm with you on this. I think the 25th is pretty likely, maybe, possibly. 
    We got this in 2016 the day before the tour announcement. The 25th is a great day to announce I am guessing too. 

• Options
    It’s gonna be the 31st.  As someone posted a while back that TM told him the refund deadline would be March 3, which is 30 days after 1/31.