2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,329
    If the move of Amsterdam to July means they are going to try to fit in NA in May/June, I really don’t think they’re going to add any shows.  

True, but let's hope they can pull it off. 
  • I believe that in March 2020 the crew had already arrived in TO to set up the stage 5 days before the show date (last Leafs home game was on the 13th, and last Raptors game was in February). This would have allowed for a few days of rehearsals. Not knowing if the Leafs (I said IF) and Raptors make the playoffs this year, they’d have to pick somewhere else to start and rehearse. Qc City is a perfect place for that as nothing ever happens at Videotron Centre. 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• stanudesstanudes Baltimore Posts: 117
    edited November 2021
    So yeah, unfortunately the Baltimore show is either going to have to be changed to a different venue, or be held off until 2023. 
    Timeline of renovation for the Baltimore Arena was announced today. To begin in February 2022. This sucks! https://www.baltimoresun.com/business/bs-bz-baltimore-spending-board-royal-farms-deal-approved-20211124-ogdmxinpevdmhbrdd7fgqhykuq-story.html
    Post edited by stanudes on
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    stanudes said:
    So yeah, unfortunately the Baltimore show is either going to have to be changed to a different venue, or be held off until 2023. 
    Timeline of renovation for the Baltimore Arena was announced today. To begin in February 2022. This sucks! https://www.baltimoresun.com/business/bs-bz-baltimore-spending-board-royal-farms-deal-approved-20211124-ogdmxinpevdmhbrdd7fgqhykuq-story.html
    Shit that sucks man. Hopefully they can do something for the current ticket holders rather than outright cancel. 
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 1,990
    stanudes said:
    I’m not panicking yet - it’s possible that in May they could be in a phase of the renovation that doesn’t stop them from hosting a concert there. It is concerning though. 
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    stanudes said:
    While it would suck for the Baltimore locals, when’s the last time DC Proper was played?  Less than an hour away for them to switch to Capital One arena
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    The article indicates that the project will begin in February but the building will be able to hold a basketball tournament in March. So maybe a concert in May isn't out of the question. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,622
    Of course the show will be played there. You don’t schedule a bunch of events, from concerts to hoops tournaments, then announce a renovation and cancel everything. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Royal Farms Arena is not listing any events past college basketball tournament in February 2022.  Bad omen consistent with the arena renovation timeline.  Also, the PJ NA Tour Announcement stated the rescheduled shows will begin in May 2022.  Didn't think until today that maybe that means the Baltimore Show could slip another year due to events out of  PJ's control, like an arena renovation.  I'm not giving up Hope and I'm not giving up my Tix 2022 or 2023!!
  • So MSG x2 or x3 confirmed if Baltimore is out until the Fall lol
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    Merriweather would be a good alternative. And is outside.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    Merriweather would be a good alternative. And is outside.
    Merriweather brings back a lot of memories for me.

• 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    The emotional PJ tour rollercoaster.

“We all believe…we all believe…”
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    stanudes said:
    Man, that will suck if Baltimore show is NOT played at Royal Farms Arena. When they announced the Tour I said if I could ONLY see one show, the Baltimore show is the one I wanted the most. Even more then MSG. Got LUCKY and won 10C Lottery tickets for Baltimore.

I saw the Stones there and I really like the Venue .  It was called 1st Mariner Arena then.
  • Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,311
    If the Baltimore show can't be played because of the renovation timeline, wouldn't that already be known and announced?
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,927
    Ryan_WFC said:
    If the Baltimore show can't be played because of the renovation timeline, wouldn't that already be known and announced?
    I would say yes, since the proposal has been discussed since July. Yes, it did just pass...but this possibility didn't come out of the blue.
  • Ryan_WFC said:
    I would say yes, since the proposal has been discussed since July. Yes, it did just pass...but this possibility didn't come out of the blue.
    This is an interesting one.  It doesn’t seem realistic for them to play during construction.  So the logical options:

1) Play before construction in Feb even though they said tour starts in May.  Seems unlikely but how cool would that news be! It would sure make my winter!

2) Play in 2023 after construction - maybe the first concert in the new digs.  But - presumably the sections, rows and seats will all change with the renos.  Logistical nightmare, but maybe not that hard to do.  GA would still be GA.  The floor seats would be pretty much the same.  And people in the stands could receive their new seats, closest equivalent to their existing, and a right to refund if they don’t like it.  Any returned tickets would easily sell out. 

3) Change to another somewhat close venue such as where the Caps and Wizards play.  Would also require reissuing tickets though and Washington is not Baltimore.

4) Cancel outright - which I doubt as it wouldn’t be fair to ticket holders, plus most times when something has been sold the seller likes to keep the money!

I bet if 100 of us stayed our opinions on what’s most likely there would be a pretty even split among those options.  Personally I think option 2 is the most likely, but have no knowledge.

What do others think?
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    Ryan_WFC said:
    This is an interesting one.  It doesn’t seem realistic for them to play during construction.  So the logical options:

1) Play before construction in Feb even though they said tour starts in May.  Seems unlikely but how cool would that news be! It would sure make my winter!

2) Play in 2023 after construction - maybe the first concert in the new digs.  But - presumably the sections, rows and seats will all change with the renos.  Logistical nightmare, but maybe not that hard to do.  GA would still be GA.  The floor seats would be pretty much the same.  And people in the stands could receive their new seats, closest equivalent to their existing, and a right to refund if they don’t like it.  Any returned tickets would easily sell out. 

3) Change to another somewhat close venue such as where the Caps and Wizards play.  Would also require reissuing tickets though and Washington is not Baltimore.

4) Cancel outright - which I doubt as it wouldn’t be fair to ticket holders, plus most times when something has been sold the seller likes to keep the money!

I bet if 100 of us stayed our opinions on what’s most likely there would be a pretty even split among those options.  Personally I think option 2 is the most likely, but have no knowledge.

What do others think?
    Move it to Philly!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,927
    edited November 2021
    Ryan_WFC said:

What do others think?
    I think #2 is likely. I get it's out of there hands now, and wouldn't want them to cancel but would also understand if they had to.

Waiting until January to drop the cancel hammer that they potentially already know wouldn't sit well with me, if that's where things stand now.
    Post edited by lmckenney24 on
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    I believe that in March 2020 the crew had already arrived in TO to set up the stage 5 days before the show date (last Leafs home game was on the 13th, and last Raptors game was in February). This would have allowed for a few days of rehearsals. Not knowing if the Leafs (I said IF) and Raptors make the playoffs this year, they’d have to pick somewhere else to start and rehearse. Qc City is a perfect place for that as nothing ever happens at Videotron Centre. 
    They were going to rehearse in Albany
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 1,990
    Ryan_WFC said:

What do others think?
    I think the option you’re missing here is “play in May while renovation is going on but not in a phase that prevents a concert from happening.”

I have no idea if that’s possible or not, but I wouldn’t dismiss it entirely. They were renovating MSG for years. 
  • tdawe said:
    Ryan_WFC said:

What do others think?
    I think the option you’re missing here is “play in May while renovation is going on but not in a phase that prevents a concert from happening.”

I have no idea if that’s possible or not, but I wouldn’t dismiss it entirely. They were renovating MSG for years. 
    Works for me if that’s possible.  I assumed it would not be.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • chittychitty Posts: 574
    Coachella announces lineup in January, Pearl Jam announcing shows in January. Correlation or coincidence?
    chitty said:
    Coachella announces lineup in January, Pearl Jam announcing shows in January. Correlation or coincidence?
    California had 3 shows this year and 5 next. Crazy if they do play there though it would be a fairly easy payday for them all things considered. 
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    chitty said:
    Highly doubt they would play Coachella with the festival’s strict radius clauses and PJ having three SoCal dates likely in the following month. Granted, coming off the pandemic some of those restrictions may be a bit more flexible.

Rage Against the Machine is already confirmed to headline and their 2022 rescheduled tour itinerary has a Coachella gap in it. The festival’s Instagram posted Swedish House Mafia, which looks to be another headliner. Travis Scott was supposed to be a headliner rescheduled from 2020 to 2022 but it remains to be seen what happens with his slot.

The Coachella audience skews younger so I don’t really see it happening.
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465
    chitty said:
    The Pearl Jam announcement said "early next year," not necessarily January.
    edited November 2021
    They like to announce NA in January lately as well as the tour page says dates are coming soon. Sure February is a possibility and is soon I guess but my money goes on Jan 20th or earlier. 
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    PJNB said:
    They like to announce NA in January lately as well as the tour page says dates are coming soon. Sure February is a possibility and is soon I guess but my money goes on Jan 20th or earlier. 
    Good luck sleeping Jeff.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,203
    If Baltimore gets canceled because of venue renovations,why not honor those who had tickets and open a third date for MSG?
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    joseph33 said:
    If Baltimore gets canceled because of venue renovations,why not honor those who had tickets and open a third date for MSG?
    What’s the 2nd MSG date?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore