Options

2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• Options
    Not sure if it’s the same for all, but I end up leaving  bigger tips while paying by card. For $20 of beers paid cash, chances are I’ll leave a buck. Took 5 seconds to pour (when not already poured), and often not much love given when handing me the said beer. 

When you pay by card, they give you all these nice % options, and suddenly a 15 or 20% is chosen. Not much difference on one or two orders. But at Ohana, with $18 drinks ordered several times throughout the day, it does make a difference. 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,807
    Once you go Apple Pay you will never go back.  Best system ever. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    D-Rod said:
    Once you go Apple Pay you will never go back.  Best system ever. 
    i will never go
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,867
    This month's newsletter was extraordinarily disappointing. A whole lot of Ed & Earthlings, a few quick solo blips and nothing PJ or especially tour related. It seemed kind of like a forced newsletter with just some filler material. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    This month's newsletter was extraordinarily disappointing. A whole lot of Ed & Earthlings, a few quick solo blips and nothing PJ or especially tour related. It seemed kind of like a forced newsletter with just some filler material. 
    Agreed. Not even "make sure your membership is up to date/renewal method is not expired" to make us hopeful 
  • Options
    jefftjefft Posts: 654
    Zod said:
    Something random I have noticed is that a lot of venues have now gone completely cashless, a change I expect to remain permanently in place after covid.

I find this to be a bit of a bummer.   When I was younger it was super quick to buy merch.  You'd wait in the line, which gave you time to look at what was up, you'd put in your order, hand over the cash and take off.  30 second transaction kind of thing.

Now people want to try stuff on, take their time, and paying with cc adds a minute while the card authorizes.    All of this makes it feel like merch lines move as slow as molasses :(
    Honestly on the trying on stuff, I do not blame people I know that sizing is off with so many vendors these days.  If I'm spending 200 on merch I'm gonna try it on and make sure it fits.  Sometimes a 2xl is a small fitting xl. 
  • Options
    kcuf mekcuf me Posts: 55
    The newsletters are generally filler or a commercial...
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,935
    By no means a rumor, but a few large rock bands (no where near PJ status) are playing Chesapeake Arena at UMBC in April & May. Seems like a pretty logical replacement for Royal Farms.
  • Options
    By no means a rumor, but a few large rock bands (no where near PJ status) are playing Chesapeake Arena at UMBC in April & May. Seems like a pretty logical replacement for Royal Farms.

Edit: Didn't check the venue size. Looks like only 5,500. Nevermind.

• Options
    radarradar Posts: 770
    Cat Power postpones the tour that was suposed to start in January. New dates in April etc.
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    radar said:
    Cat Power postpones the tour that was suposed to start in January. New dates in April etc.
    That is quite short notice.  Leads me to believe that the EV tour can still go this direction for another week or two.  After that, it would have to be assumed the shows are a go.  Toss a coin in the air and wait I guess...

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,851

10C show confirmed? lol ugh

Really hope you get your show man this year or next! 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    radar said:
    That is quite short notice.  Leads me to believe that the EV tour can still go this direction for another week or two.  After that, it would have to be assumed the shows are a go.  Toss a coin in the air and wait I guess...

March 2020 there was 9 days notice.  Of course, if we knew then what we know now, I’m sure there would have been more.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    PJNB said:

10C show confirmed? lol ugh

Really hope you get your show man this year or next! 
    I mean, that would be epic! I wonder how many seats remain that werent refunded. I'll take that show at a 5500 capacity venue!
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    radar said:

March 2020 there was 9 days notice.  Of course, if we knew then what we know now, I’m sure there would have been more.  
    Those were different circumstances in March, 2020, as you mentioned.  There is currently no reason for an artist to not have a decision made on touring with at least 2+ weeks lead time.  They have enough real time data to know where things will be on February 3, relatively speaking.  Here's to hoping the shows go on as planned and everyone that wants to attend can enjoy.

• Options
    uglybabouglybabo Posts: 518
    Springsteen possibly not touring this year; moving to 2023

https://m.hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=329756&title=BOSS-MOVING-BIG-TOUR-TO-%2723%3F
  • Options
    KL159781KL159781 Posts: 118
    edited January 2022
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    radar said:

Those were different circumstances in March, 2020, as you mentioned.  There is currently no reason for an artist to not have a decision made on touring with at least 2+ weeks lead time.  They have enough real time data to know where things will be on February 3, relatively speaking.  Here's to hoping the shows go on as planned and everyone that wants to attend can enjoy.

I’m assuming that rehearsals probably start by the beginning of next week, so if the tour is to be postponed, I would expect it to happen prior to them taking on the cost and effort of that. Like you said, they can know by now whether to proceed or not.
  • Options
    uglybabo said:

https://m.hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=329756&title=BOSS-MOVING-BIG-TOUR-TO-%2723%3F
    It literally says “rumor mill” at the top. He may postpone, but this is the last site I’d be using for credible information. 
  • Options
    uglybabouglybabo Posts: 518
    bbiggs said:
    uglybabo said:

It literally says “rumor mill” at the top. He may postpone, but this is the last site I’d be using for credible information. 
    Certainly just a rumor site, but he was apparently ready to announce a tour in December and some Europe dates were set for summer 2022 but they were cancelled before they were even announced; a few German sites had on sale dates. 

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    KL159781 said:
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    radar said:

I’m assuming that rehearsals probably start by the beginning of next week, so if the tour is to be postponed, I would expect it to happen prior to them taking on the cost and effort of that. Like you said, they can know by now whether to proceed or not.

What cost though? They can rehearse in their Seattle studio which they already own, using equipment they already own.

They wouldn't need to travel to the first city until probably 10-14 days before.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    uglybabo said:
    bbiggs said:
    uglybabo said:

Certainly just a rumor site, but he was apparently ready to announce a tour in December and some Europe dates were set for summer 2022 but they were cancelled before they were even announced; a few German sites had on sale dates. 

I see.  Well, if all of that is accurate, and if he ends up postponing until 2023, I don't know what to say.  Good thing I'm not a Springsteen fan, I suppose.  Seems crazy that any artist would postpone for an entire year at this stage of the game. 

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,559
    bbiggs said:
    uglybabo said:
    bbiggs said:
    uglybabo said:

I see.  Well, if all of that is accurate, and if he ends up postponing until 2023, I don't know what to say.  Good thing I'm not a Springsteen fan, I suppose.  Seems crazy that any artist would postpone for an entire year at this stage of the game. 

Perhaps that $500M payout on his music helps.  I think he wants to play though.   Getting up there in years. 
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,050
    bbiggs said:
    uglybabo said:
    bbiggs said:
    uglybabo said:

Perhaps that $500M payout on his music helps.  I think he wants to play though.   Getting up there in years. 
    True, true, and true. Same goes for this message board's band. They have (and give away) a lot of money. They're not hurting. At all.
    But they do want to play. And they're getting up there in years. Families growing, and with all the artists we've lost in the last 6 years, I think they're graciously accepting their flowers while they're still here.
    They don't owe us anything more, but we'll gladly welcome it.
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Options
    KL159781KL159781 Posts: 118
    KL159781 said:
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    radar said:

What cost though? They can rehearse in their Seattle studio which they already own, using equipment they already own.

They wouldn't need to travel to the first city until probably 10-14 days before.
    The conversation had shifted to the February Vedder tour and I was responding to that.
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    uglybabo said:
    bbiggs said:
    uglybabo said:

That was my point.  Assuming he wants to play live music, there is nothing preventing him from doing so.  At his age it would seem odd to postpone a tour for an entire year, if he does in fact want to play.  If an artist cancels or postpones, it is simply his or her choice at this point.  A choice that I respect either way. 
  • Options
    RR258111RR258111 São Paulo, Brazil Posts: 59
    ....just to keep up the good vibes and remembering.... the 2020 NA shows were announced on 1/13/20(Monday). Let's cross the fingers  to have the 2022 NA announcement by next Monday 17th.....

PJ - Irvine,CA (06,03,2003) SP, Brazil (12,02,2005), SP, Brazil (12,03,2005) ,SP, Brazil (11,03,2011),  SP, Brazil (11,04,2011), SP, Brazil (03,31, 2013), SP, Brazil (11,14,2015), Ft Lauderdale, FL (04,08,2016), Miami, FL (04,09,2016), SP,Brazil(03,24,2018)Chicago, IL(08,18, 2018), Chicago, IL(08,20,2018), San Diego, CA (05,03,2022), Los Angeles, CA (05/06/2022), Los Angeles, CA (05/07/2022) , Oakland, CA(05/12/2022) - EV - SP, Brazil 2015/2018, 

• Options
    RR258111 said:
    ....just to keep up the good vibes and remembering.... the 2020 NA shows were announced on 1/13/20(Monday). Let's cross the fingers  to have the 2022 NA announcement by next Monday 17th.....
    I like your way of thinking! 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    RR258111 said:
    I like it too. BUT, it's a Federal Holiday. They may not be working. I don't mean to piss on the parade though haha. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    RR258111 said:
    I like it too. BUT, it's a Federal Holiday. They may not be working. I don't mean to piss on the parade though haha. 
    How many federal holidays do you Americans need sheesh! lol