America's Gun Violence #2

Comments

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    mickeyrat said:
    CM189191 said:
    hunter hospitalized after accidentally shooting himself in the leg

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-news/minnesota-hunter-hospitalized-after-accidentally-shooting-himself-in-the-leg

Better luck next time Darwin
    The initial investigation indicates the man accidentally discharged his weapon while climbing into a tree stand.

my take....
    The initial investigation indicates the man recklessly climbed the tree  while weapon was loaded with a round chambered and the safety off. The weapon discharged, striking the man in the leg.

BINGO! 
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited November 2021
    mickeyrat said:
    CM189191 said:

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-news/minnesota-hunter-hospitalized-after-accidentally-shooting-himself-in-the-leg

The initial investigation indicates the man accidentally discharged his weapon while climbing into a tree stand.

my take....
    The initial investigation indicates the man recklessly climbed the tree  while weapon was loaded with a round chambered and the safety off. The weapon discharged, striking the man in the leg.

BINGO! 
    Was it Alec Baldwin?  Seems like that is how he handles his firearms, so just checking.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    PJPOWER said:
    mickeyrat said:
    CM189191 said:

my take....

BINGO! 
    Was it Alec Baldwin?  Seems like that is how he handles his firearms, so just checking.
    Of course he doesn't get held to the standards of everyday people when it comes to handling firearms.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    static111 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mickeyrat said:
    CM189191 said:

my take....

BINGO! 
    Of course he doesn't get held to the standards of everyday people when it comes to handling firearms.
    Oh yeah, I forget.  If you are a Baldwin, you can be reckless with a gun because you are just an idiot actor, not a “responsible” gun handler.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,422
    PJPOWER said:
    static111 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mickeyrat said:
    CM189191 said:

my take....

BINGO! 
    Oh yeah, I forget.  If you are a Baldwin, you can be reckless with a gun because you are just an idiot actor, not a “responsible” gun handler.

so wait. this hunter was handed his gun by someone in an authority role over him stating it was "cold" in a (loose) approximation of movie set protocol?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,422
    he was just acting like he was going to shoot an animal from tree stand?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    edited November 2021
    mickeyrat said:
    PJPOWER said:
    static111 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mickeyrat said:
    CM189191 said:

my take....

BINGO! 

so wait. this hunter was handed his gun by someone in an authority role over him stating it was "cold" in a (loose) approximation of movie set protocol?
    Who knows, once it was in his hands, it was his responsibility not to point it at his leg and do a quick safety check, just like Baldwin.  At least he “just” shot himself and his carelessness didn’t take someone else’s life.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    Since we’re taking about Alex again it made me think of this. I was watching part of the closing arguments on the Rittenhouse trial. The defense was going to use the gun as a prop in his speech, as he grabbed it he pointed to someone off camera and said “he checked it, it’s clear.”
    Immediately the judge stopped him, and asked when? Then before he could answer he said “have it checked again.” It was checked in front of everyone to see.

To me that seems like how things should work. Not everyone can be expected to be an expert. But if you’re not and you plan to handle a gun, at least be present and witness it being checked by an expert and not just assume that it was.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    so when is parent of the year Baldwin getting charged?
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    Rittenhouse is walking and Baldwin is probably going to be convicted (via plea bargain that gives him probation and no time).

But that doesn't reflect which on I'd feel safer around.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • mace1229 said:
    Since we’re taking about Alex again it made me think of this. I was watching part of the closing arguments on the Rittenhouse trial. The defense was going to use the gun as a prop in his speech, as he grabbed it he pointed to someone off camera and said “he checked it, it’s clear.”
    Immediately the judge stopped him, and asked when? Then before he could answer he said “have it checked again.” It was checked in front of everyone to see.

To me that seems like how things should work. Not everyone can be expected to be an expert. But if you’re not and you plan to handle a gun, at least be present and witness it being checked by an expert and not just assume that it was.
    That's how it should be done. 

I will put it this way too though.  When I skydive I use one of the drop zones chutes because I don't do it often enough to warrant me packing my own chute.  I pay them good money for that knowledge and expertise.  

Same way I see Baldwin.  His production crew paid good money to ensure safety on the set because he is not an expert and they failed everyone.

This should change in every scenario of a movie set going forward and it is checked just before you yell action.
    Yes, you jumping out of a perfectly safe airplane and going splat in which you liked signed a waiver is the same thing as a clueless actor pulling the trigger of a gun he was to stupid to check…did the person murdered get a chance to sign a waiver.   Quit with the bull Shit excuses…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Yes, you jumping out of a perfectly safe airplane and going splat in which you liked signed a waiver is the same thing as a clueless actor pulling the trigger of a gun he was to stupid to check…did the person murdered get a chance to sign a waiver.   Quit with the bull Shit excuses…
    He signed a contract.  It's not bullshit.

Someone signed off on the plane, someone signed off on the chute, I signed away my rights.  It all has nothing to do with the service that I bought though.  I paid for safe travel from experts.  The gun expert should have done the same.

why don't you gun owners who don’t hunt just admit you like playing with guns, you like stroking the barrel, it gives you power and courage and it makes you shake when it goes off…quit the bullshit…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    Yes, you jumping out of a perfectly safe airplane and going splat in which you liked signed a waiver is the same thing as a clueless actor pulling the trigger of a gun he was to stupid to check…did the person murdered get a chance to sign a waiver.   Quit with the bull Shit excuses…

Unfortunate as it was, the shooting was a workplace injury.

Employees are not held accountable for injury to other co-workers. (for example, a crane operator accidently drops a load on a co-worker)

The impetus is upon the employer to provide a safe work environment.

Baldwin might be held financially accountable as the Executive Producer on the film set.

But it's unlikely he'll be arrested or face any charges.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farwell_v._Boston_&_Worcester_Railroad_Corp.

...hope you signed your waiver before going to work this morning...

WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • why don't you gun owners who don’t hunt just admit you like playing with guns, you like stroking the barrel, it gives you power and courage and it makes you shake when it goes off…quit the bullshit…
    If you shake when shooting then I suggest one find a new hobby...
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    why don't you gun owners who don’t hunt just admit you like playing with guns, you like stroking the barrel, it gives you power and courage and it makes you shake when it goes off…quit the bullshit…
    Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Tough to pass up a good barrel stroke, though…
  • hedonist said:
    Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Tough to pass up a good barrel stroke, though…
    Freud39s Cigar - Lesley Truffle - Writer
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    memphis rapper young dolph was shot and killed today. in memphis.

i had never heard his music but the outpouring on twitter is sad to see.

i saw someone post that being a rapper in your own hometown is probably the most dangerous job in entertainment.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • memphis rapper young dolph was shot and killed today. in memphis.

i saw someone post that being a rapper in your own hometown is probably the most dangerous job in entertainment.
    I mentioned this elsewhere but if you go down the rabbit hole of the underground of rap you'll find that gangs have a big grip on the rap game.

If you have time look up MC Serch and MC hammer beef.  That will give you an idea on what kind of power they have and how dangerous it can be.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    mickeyrat said:
    CM189191 said:

my take....

funny, I was recently told by one of our resident gun experts that "guns don't just go off". really. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Walmart should replace their greeters with firearm experts who will clear your gun and make sure the safety is on before you enter the store. They’d have metal detectors and pat you down first as well so as to prevent the antis from skirting the rules.

https://www.nbcboston.com/news/local/woman-with-toddler-charged-after-her-gun-accidentally-goes-off-in-walmart/2567585/
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    edited November 2021
    mickeyrat said:
    CM189191 said:

my take....

funny, I was recently told by one of our resident gun experts that "guns don't just go off". really. 
    They don’t.  They are mechanical devices that do not have minds of their own.  For a gun to go off, it must be loaded, trigger pulled, or hammer dropped.  They do not just “go off” without someone or something either accidentally or purposely causing them to.  How hard is that to understand?  Really?
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJPOWER said:
    mickeyrat said:
    CM189191 said:

my take....

They don’t.  They are mechanical devices that do not have minds of their own.  For a gun to go off, it must be loaded, trigger pulled, or hammer dropped.  They do not just “go off” without someone or something either accidentally or purposely causing them to.  How hard is that to understand?  Really?
    i mean it can be triggered by something other than someone's finger. really. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJPOWER said:
    mickeyrat said:
    CM189191 said:

my take....

i mean it can be triggered by something other than someone's finger. really. 
    I concur, but that’s not what you eluded to with your prior snarky comment.  “Really really”
    Anyways, I’m over it.
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    memphis rapper young dolph was shot and killed today. in memphis.

I mentioned this elsewhere but if you go down the rabbit hole of the underground of rap you'll find that gangs have a big grip on the rap game.

If you have time look up MC Serch and MC hammer beef.  That will give you an idea on what kind of power they have and how dangerous it can be.
    i had no idea serch and hammer had beef. hammer does not seem like the type to beef, and serch was a nerdy white dude. i guess 3rd bass may have gone after hammer in pop goes the weasel or something.

now that i think about it, the gangs may have put up money for studio time or may even own underground record labels.

it is all sad.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Another “responsible” gun owner doing what “responsible” gun owners do.

https://www.boston.com/news/local-news/2021/11/18/4-year-old-accidentally-shoots-hand-new-hampshire-weare/
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Another “responsible” gun owner doing what “responsible” gun owners do.

https://www.boston.com/news/local-news/2021/11/18/4-year-old-accidentally-shoots-hand-new-hampshire-weare/
    New Hampshire gonna New Hampshire
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    At this point it’s comical that we even debate this issue! America is just infatuated with weapons..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
This discussion has been closed.