#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    OnWis97 said:
    Lol. Or maybe, just maybe, it is you, the clueless. The left are shit. Absolute shit. Proven every single day. 

#FJB
    This is why we're in the mess we're in. Decades of absorbing "news" primarily aimed at outrage over anything the left/libs/Democrats do.  That's all a third of the country hears.
    Exactly.  All the GOP/Fox/OAN crowd does is obstruct.  They don't give two shits what happens as long as the libs are owned.

These idiots forget that gas prices were high under tRump, unemployment exploded under tRump, the deficit increased greatly under tRump, etc.
    The QtRUmplican/fox/oan/newsmax/infowars people have their decisions and minds made for them by a handful of people who are making big bank on their conspiracy theories and lies.

There is truly an alternate universe that exists for them. All outrage 24/7. 

This is a true problem with our country. It won't stop until the disinformation is stopped. This is why I am convinced that there have to be limits placed on the 1st amendment.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    OnWis97 said:
    Lol. Or maybe, just maybe, it is you, the clueless. The left are shit. Absolute shit. Proven every single day. 

#FJB
    This is why we're in the mess we're in. Decades of absorbing "news" primarily aimed at outrage over anything the left/libs/Democrats do.  That's all a third of the country hears.
    Exactly.  All the GOP/Fox/OAN crowd does is obstruct.  They don't give two shits what happens as long as the libs are owned.

These idiots forget that gas prices were high under tRump, unemployment exploded under tRump, the deficit increased greatly under tRump, etc.
    The QtRUmplican/fox/oan/newsmax/infowars people have their decisions and minds made for them by a handful of people who are making big bank on their conspiracy theories and lies.

There is truly an alternate universe that exists for them. All outrage 24/7. 

This is a true problem with our country. It won't stop until the disinformation is stopped. This is why I am convinced that there have to be limits placed on the 1st amendment.
    This is where we disagree.
    I'm all for the 1st amendment as written.
    We need to know what the QtRUmplicans are saying, believing,  thinking. We need to know who's spewing hate speech, racist speech, anti-semitism etc.

However, "news organizations " spewing outright lies and conspiracy theories there has to be a penalty.
    Right now that penalty is dumbasses not getting vaxxed and dying or killing other like minded anti-vaxxers. Thereby depleting the QtRUmplican voting base.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    edited October 2021
    dankind said:
    OnWis97 said:

#FJB

In fairness, I dismiss a good portion of society's thoughts and opinions once I learn they support Donald Q. Trump.

Singed, a former Republican Party fund raiser

:rofl:        Yep, guess my brain knew better than my fingers what to put in that post.  Was for sure a bit singed by the former party.
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    Posting Guidelines

1. Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the Ten Club Community forum environment. Please think of it as if you are as a guest in someone else's home. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    I still want to know who Joe Brandon is?
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    edited October 2021
    static111 said:
    https://www.westword.com/news/lauren-boebert-lets-go-brandon-f-joe-biden-photo-12597821

how immature is that shit. typical MAGAts. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    static111 said:
    https://www.westword.com/news/lauren-boebert-lets-go-brandon-f-joe-biden-photo-12597821

how immature is that shit. typical MAGAts. 

I wish the ugly doorstop would put that sign where the sun doesn't shine.  Her holsters are probably all filled with guns, though.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Once again, Hillary Clinton was dead on in describing those people.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    static111 said:
    Not sure if it was CNN or where, but a reporter was interviewing some guy when a crowd was chanting "F Joe Biden." The reporter said something along the lines of "o how nice, they're chanting Lets Go Brandon!"
    I'm pretty sure she was serious. It was kind of funny in the moment, but that moment has passed.
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    edited October 2021
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    Not sure if it was CNN or where, but a reporter was interviewing some guy when a crowd was chanting "F Joe Biden." The reporter said something along the lines of "o how nice, they're chanting Lets Go Brandon!"
    I'm pretty sure she was serious. It was kind of funny in the moment, but that moment has passed.
    She was interviewing a racecar driver named Brandon Brown and said "oh the crowd is chanting 'Let's go Brandon'" when they were in fact chanting "Fuck Joe Biden." It's about the last minute of the below link. The comments are hilarious. They all think the interviewer is lying that she didn't recognize what they were chanting and that it's just another indication of how the media is out to get them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9suQV0olw38
    Post edited by OnWis97 on
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    edited October 2021
    “You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right?” Clinton said. “The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic—you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up.”

Yep. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,390
    “You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right?” Clinton said. “The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic—you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up.”

Yep. 
    She spoke the truth & they lost their minds when she did. 

Yep. 
    She spoke the truth & they lost their minds when she did. 
    And they still are. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    right wing media is having a field day with that town hall last night
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,429

White House: Biden to outline filibuster changes in 'weeks'
    By ZEKE MILLER
    2 hours ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — The White House said Friday that President Joe Biden would speak in the coming weeks about moving to “fundamentally alter" the filibuster or even eliminate the legislative roadblock that empowers the Senate minority as he aims to pass sweeping voting laws and secure the nation's credit.

Press secretary Jen Psaki said Americans should “stay tuned” about what changes Biden would embrace, as he appears to be warming to changing the Senate rule. Biden has previously stated he was supportive of requiring that lawmakers physically hold the Senate floor to sustain a filibuster, but on Thursday suggested he could support eliminating it entirely for some issues.

In a CNN town hall, Biden said that if Republicans refuse to provide the votes necessary to raise the debt limit — as they threatened last month before backing down on the eve of a potential government default — "I think you’ll see an awful lot of Democrats being ready to say, ‘Not me. I’m not doing that again. We’re going to end the filibuster.’”

He predicted that eliminating the 60-vote threshold to end debate on most legislation would be “difficult” beyond the debt limit, which he called a “sacred right.”

“Voting rights is equally as consequential,” Biden added, suggesting he would be open to filibuster changes to pass the long-stalled Democratic legislation as well as “maybe more” on unspecified issues.

Psaki on Friday declined to elaborate on Biden's remarks, only to say that Biden believes “we are at an inflection point on a range of issues" and that “not getting voting rights done is not an option."

“I think the president will have more to say about this in the coming weeks," she added.

Biden on Thursday suggested that he had not moved sooner to support changes to the filibuster to avoid angering Senate moderates like Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema, whose votes he needs to pass his multitrillion-dollar domestic spending initiatives.

Biden said the negotiating process on the twin infrastructure and social benefits bills were keeping him from other legislation.

“What it’s done is prevented me from getting deeply up to my ears — which I’m going to do once this is done — in dealing with police brutality, dealing with the whole notion of: What are we going to do about voting rights,” Biden said. “It’s the greatest assault on voting rights in the history of the United States — for real — since the Civil War."

On Wednesday, Senate Republicans blocked Democrats aiming to take up the sweeping elections legislation that they have claimed would serve as a powerful counterweight to new voting restrictions taking effect in conservative-controlled states.

But there were signs that Democrats are making headway in their effort to create consensus around changing Senate procedural rules.

Sen. Angus King, a Maine independent who caucuses with Democrats, recently eased his longstanding opposition to changing the filibuster rules, which create a 60-vote threshold for most legislation to pass.

“I’ve concluded that democracy itself is more important than any Senate rule,” said King, who acknowledged that weakening the filibuster would likely prove to be a “double-edged sword” under a future Republican majority.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Hard not to when he claims to have visited the border, then his press secretary backs it up by saying it’s true, he drove through the border in 2008.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,429
    mace1229 said:
    Hard not to when he claims to have visited the border, then his press secretary backs it up by saying it’s true, he drove through the border in 2008.

completely overlooking the fact the problem as it exists today is the same problem that existed then is the same problem that existed since before Reagan...

That problem is Congress being unwilling to do the work necessary to begin correcting it.  
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    edited October 2021
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:

completely overlooking the fact the problem as it exists today is the same problem that existed then is the same problem that existed since before Reagan...

That problem is Congress being unwilling to do the work necessary to begin correcting it.  
    What does that have to do with this? Of course the right is going to have a field day because parts of the town hall were a joke. When asked about the border and if he’s going to go he says “I’ve been there before and know it well.”
    Then his own PS clarified by saying he was referring to when he drove by it 13 years ago while on the campaign trail. I mean that’s not the right making that up, that’s his own PS claiming he’s referring to not a visit, but a drive by during a campaign from 13 years ago as his visit to the border. Like people aren’t going to point that stuff out and laugh?
    Post edited by mace1229 on
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:

Let's just go back to whatever was working prior to the Trump administration taking over. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:

Let's just go back to whatever was working prior to the Trump administration taking over. 
    You commie, you! Just wondering, does one have to visit the border to understand the immigration issues of the day? Other than photo ops where you grimace and snap your suit jacket a few times?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    I am fairly wary of posting anything critical of Dems these days because the right has gone so for off the edge and Republicans in droves are following that dangerous and seditious path.  That said, I think there is a point or two illustrated in the following article that are worthy of taking notice.  Joe needs to step it up and be more proactive.  And just as much at fault, Dems need to get it together and be more supportive of his plans.

‘We need him to deliver’: Biden faces wrath of disappointed supporters

The US president hopes to be a transformational figure like FDR but inaction on voting rights, the climate crisis and social policy has fuelled frustration

When Joe Biden huddled with a group of historians in March, the conversation revolved around thinking big like one of his predecessors, Franklin Roosevelt, architect of the New Deal. Biden, it seemed, wanted to join him in the first rank of transformational US presidents.

Six months later, a very different gathering took place this week outside the White House gates. Five young climate activists, holding signs and sitting on folding chairs, began an indefinite hunger strike. It was a visceral expression of disgust at what they see as Biden’s willingness to think small and break his promises.

“Young people turned out in record numbers to elect him on his climate commitments,” said Nikayla Jefferson, 24, an activist helping the quietly determined hunger strikers on the edge of Lafayette Park. “But over this past month he’s almost given up. He’s not being a leader in this moment in the way that we need him to deliver.”

A growing sense of betrayal is shared by campaigners for everything from gun rights to immigration reform, from racial justice to voting rights, who saw Democrats’ governing majority as a once-in-a-generation opportunity. Instead party infighting has put Biden’s agenda in jeopardy and could result in voter disillusionment in next year’s midterm elections.

The 46th president came into office promising to attack four crises – coronavirus, climate, economy and racial justice – but has seen his approval rating sink to 42% after colliding with some harsh political and economic realities.

These include tepid jobs growth, labour strikes, rising inflation and petrol prices, logjams in the global supply chain, a record number of arrests at the US-Mexico border and a botched withdrawal of US forces from Afghanistan that raised unexpected questions about his competence.

Even routine business, such as appointing an ambassador to Japan, appears to have become jinxed: Biden’s choice for Tokyo, Rahm Emanuel, provoked a backlash from liberals because of his record on racial justice as mayor of Chicago.

Worries that Biden has lost his way have been intensified by his failure to hold an open-to-all press conference since taking office in January. In that time he has done only 10 one-on-one interviews – far fewer than Barack Obama or Donald Trump at the same stage.

But the biggest sense of a stalled presidency derives from seemingly interminable wrangling among congressional Democrats over Biden’s $1tn physical infrastructure bill and a $3.5 trillion social and environmental package.

Two senators in particular, Joe Manchin of West Virginia and Kyrsten Sinema of Arizona, have demanded cuts to the reconciliation package, prompting public acrimony with Senator Bernie Sanders and other progressives that has come to dominate Washington and crowd out other urgent causes.

Biden’s proud march into the history books appears to have descended into internal party mudslinging.

Jeff Merkley, a Democratic senator for Oregon, told the Meet the Press Daily programme on the MSNBC network: “It’s completely taking the air out of the balloon for the Biden presidency. It’s hurting Biden. It’s hurting the Democrats. It’s undermining the vision of all the accomplishments we will have as being highly significant.”

With his legislative agenda in limbo if not peril, Biden was this week forced to step in, host both factions at the White House and take a more aggressive role. This gave some Democrats fresh hope of a breakthrough but indicated that he will pare down the $3.5tn package in favor of a more modest proposal, threatening a clean electricity programme that was the centerpiece of his climate strategy.

It also underlined concerns that Biden is yielding to corporate interests on fossil fuels, prescription drug prices and tax increases. Critics say he has become so consumed with the grind of policy sausage-making that he has lost sight of big picture issues dear to his supporters.

Among them is the fate of democracy itself.

More at link.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• No surprise on the last name and the duct tape probably indicates something as well. Oh well, good luck ‘Murica.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,440

#FJB
    👎
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    shecky said:

LOL, that's more like it, Joe!
    Seriously- time for Joe to pump it up and get tough on these right wing recreants.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:
    shecky said:

LOL, that's more like it, Joe!
    Seriously- time for Joe to pump it up and get tough on these right wing recreants.
    Haha....yeah Beavis came to mind seeing that as well. Funny stuff
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    edited October 2021
    #FJB
    This you?
    #
  • Settle down Karen.#FJB