The Joe Rogan Thread

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    CNN had some sloppy reporting. Less likely it was intentional misinformation since it was so easily challenged.
    I think that's more than sloppy dude. they reported it on it SEVERAL times over several days; long after even I knew it could also be used for human use for parasitic infections. 
    But he didn't have a parasitic infection.  And we know that it doesn't do anything for Covid anyway.

I'm wondering if Rogan's story is even true...what doctor would prescribe that for covid?
    but that's not the issue. no, he didn't have a parasitic condition. but he took a human dose of ivermectin anyway. CNN said he took horse dewormer, which is FALSE. and they had to know it was false. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

mickeyrat said:
    CNN had some sloppy reporting. Less likely it was intentional misinformation since it was so easily challenged.
    I think that's more than sloppy dude. they reported it on it SEVERAL times over several days; long after even I knew it could also be used for human use for parasitic infections. 
    But he didn't have a parasitic infection.  And we know that it doesn't do anything for Covid anyway.

I'm wondering if Rogan's story is even true...what doctor would prescribe that for covid?

the other rather glaring question I have that I haven't seen asked is, Is Rogan VAXXED.
    Gupta asked this on the show. Rogan is not vaxxed. Gupta said "but you were close to getting it, weren't you?", and Rogan said he was. He didn't say what swayed him against it, whether he got covid first, or if he decided not to a while back, I don't know. But now he thinks he doesn't need it; he thinks (without evidence-actually the studies I've read state something else entirely-natural immunity is stronger initially, but it doesn't last as long as vaccine immunity) that natural immunity is stronger than vaccinated immunity. 

then he "jokingly" suggested people intentionally get covid and then get vaxxed, so then they have some type of super immunity. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I'm sure any rich celebrity can get a doctor to prescribe them anything they want for the right price. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814

I'm sure any rich celebrity can get a doctor to prescribe them anything they want for the right price. 
    Yeah...when he talked about "throwing everything at it" (or however he phrased it), my first thought was that most people cannot do that.

CNN had the opportunity to distinguish horse de-wormer from human doses and also to point out that there's nothing conclusive to show that Ivermectin was valuable in this case. Instead they used the same "horse medicine" joke used on thousands of tweets and validated their haters.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    OnWis97 said:

Yeah...when he talked about "throwing everything at it" (or however he phrased it), my first thought was that most people cannot do that.

CNN had the opportunity to distinguish horse de-wormer from human doses and also to point out that there's nothing conclusive to show that Ivermectin was valuable in this case. Instead they used the same "horse medicine" joke used on thousands of tweets and validated their haters.
    who even has access to monoclonal antibodies?

yes, if they want to stop getting accused of being fake news, they shouldn't be reporting it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387
    CNN blows. 

But let's not sit here and pretend Joe Rogan takes responsibility for the shit he puts out there either. 
    CNN blows. 

But let's not sit here and pretend Joe Rogan takes responsibility for the shit he puts out there either. 
    no one (well at least not me) is saying that. quite the opposite actually. he sits himself behind a shield of "just a monkey in his basement slinging shit at the wall", when he's got 80 million Bro Rogans thinking he's the second coming. 

Full disclosure: I used to be one of his defenders. I always thought he was fairly balanced in his criticisms of both/all sides, but slowly he's gone a bit off the rails. too much crazy/ignorant for me now. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387
    CNN blows. 

no one (well at least not me) is saying that. quite the opposite actually. he sits himself behind a shield of "just a monkey in his basement slinging shit at the wall", when he's got 80 million Bro Rogans thinking he's the second coming. 

Full disclosure: I used to be one of his defenders. I always thought he was fairly balanced in his criticisms of both/all sides, but slowly he's gone a bit off the rails. too much crazy/ignorant for me now. 
    One outlet known for unapologetically pushing bullshit & misinformation is upset with another outlet w/ a similar reputation, for doing the same. 

It's all one big circle jerk. 
    CNN blows. 

One outlet known for unapologetically pushing bullshit & misinformation is upset with another outlet w/ a similar reputation, for doing the same. 

It's all one big circle jerk. 
    as homer simpson once called it: Info-tainment. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    I don't buy calling CNNs reputation anywhere near Rogan's as far as disinformation.

CNN admits when they are wrong like every other reputable news organization.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    I don't buy calling CNNs reputation anywhere near Rogan's as far as disinformation.

I agree they aren't the same. but CNN doubled down on the "horse medicine" junk, Don Lemon saying ivermectin is used as horse medicine, so they were "technically correct". sure it is, but that's not what rogan took. it was intentionally misleading, if not outright lying. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited October 2021

I agree they aren't the same. but CNN doubled down on the "horse medicine" junk, Don Lemon saying ivermectin is used as horse medicine, so they were "technically correct". sure it is, but that's not what rogan took. it was intentionally misleading, if not outright lying. 
    That's why I called it "sloppy"....a small amount of research would have led them to the use in humans. They jumped on the "horse dewormer" jargon because there were a lot of reports of people buying that shit and taking it on their own.

Was it actually on their primetime news report or were the only people saying it the opiniated talking heads? True reporting would have led someone to actually talk to Rogan about exactly what he took, etc. Of course he said it on air and someone at CNN misinterpreted.

I really have no allegiance to CNN...I just know that tRumpsters like to abuse them for no reason.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville

That's why I called it "sloppy"....a small amount of research would have led them to the use in humans. They jumped on the "horse dewormer" jargon because there were a lot of reports of people buying that shit and taking it on their own.

Was it actually on their primetime news report or were the only people saying it the opiniated talking heads? True reporting would have led someone to actually talk to Rogan about exactly what he took, etc. Of course he said it on air and someone at CNN misinterpreted.
    sloppy is misreporting a small fact once or twice. this was intentional, in my view. I saw a highlight reel of their reporting on it; it was on several different segments, like between 7-10 of them; I haven't watched CNN in some time, but I just checked their tv schedule. who is an actual news anchor over there? seems to me it's all opinions with their "hot takes" on current events and nothing else. Erin Burnett, Lemon, Cuomo, Cooper, this is the entire CNN prime time is 4 hours of talking heads. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

sloppy is misreporting a small fact once or twice. this was intentional, in my view. I saw a highlight reel of their reporting on it; it was on several different segments, like between 7-10 of them; I haven't watched CNN in some time, but I just checked their tv schedule. who is an actual news anchor over there? seems to me it's all opinions with their "hot takes" on current events and nothing else. Erin Burnett, Lemon, Cuomo, Cooper, this is the entire CNN prime time is 4 hours of talking heads. 
    Jake Tapper or Wolf Blitzer I guess....but you're right they don't really have a "nightly news" type set up. 

I just don't see it as intentional because that is too easy to debunk and too easy to get embarrassed. 

Jake Tapper or Wolf Blitzer I guess....but you're right they don't really have a "nightly news" type set up. 

I just don't see it as intentional because that is too easy to debunk and too easy to get embarrassed. 
    if it wasn't intentional then it wasn't just sloppy, it was incredibly awful reporting, because it was over and over again several times by several different people. and I hesitate to even call it reporting. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,621
    Well his latest podcast with Jewel is really good.....

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

Well his latest podcast with Jewel is really good.....
    he'll occasionally have a non-controversial unpolitical person non-MMA meathead on and it's enjoyable. I just find those to be getting fewer and farther between. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    More amazingly talented comedians on Twitter. Imagine posting a picture of her and saying the same thing?
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    nicknyr15 said:
    More amazingly talented comedians on Twitter. Imagine posting a picture of her and saying the same thing?
    And I was just gonna say she’s unfuckable…

Always amuses me when people think their opinion holds more weight than it actually does. 
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    hedonist said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    And I was just gonna say she’s unfuckable…

Always amuses me when people think their opinion holds more weight than it actually does. 
    It’s insane. I don’t know how anyone spends any time on Twitter. I see tweets posted here constantly that are so low level. 
  • 09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©

• That is disrespectful to the Original band...
  • That is disrespectful to the Original band...
    They’re names not Thompson. They’re not twins but they are the Thompson Twins.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  •  I will concede this game right now for that one.