Options

The Joe Rogan Thread

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,754
    :frowning:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    He’s on Apple Music…you got your pick of evil corporations…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,852
    are those two music platforms fair to the artists they stream?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    apple apparently pays double what spotify does, which amounts to literally one cent per stream. for the vast majority of artists, that still amounts to fucking zero. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    you guys pay for stuff...?

jk

I do, but I am not giving a dime to spotify or Apple
  • Options
    I'm playing records.  In fact, I just listened to the vinyl Zuma LP.  Get a little wasted and listen to that?  Hell, nothing else mean shit. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    edited January 2022
    Anyway... back on topic.
    Right on, Joni.

Joni Mitchell Says She’s Removing Her Music From Spotify in Solidarity With Neil Young

“Irresponsible people are spreading lies that are costing people their lives,” she wrote

By Allison Hussey

Joni Mitchell has said she’s removing her work from Spotify, in solidarity with Neil Young’s decision to do the same this week. Pitchfork has contacted Spotify for comment.

The singer-songwriter posted a statement to her website Friday night (January 28), which reads in full:

I’ve decided to remove all my music from Spotify. Irresponsible people are spreading lies that are costing people their lives. I stand in solidarity with Neil Young and the global scientific and medical communities on this issue.

Young had requested the removal of his work earlier in the week, citing Spotify’s role in “spreading fake information about vaccines” by hosting Joe Rogan’s podcast. The platform followed through on Young’s request on Wednesday

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:
    If you want to keep people from going to Joe Rogan on this topic, conduct yourself with humility when covid hospitalization data turns out to be inflated for some period of time in a very facepalm way. People can smell bullshit.
    You probably still think Rogan isn't dangerous.
    Free speech is dangerous folks.
    Sometimes it is.

Guess you've never heard about yelling fire in a crowded theatre.

• Options
    Time for Pearl Jam to step up to the plate.
    Come on guys, let's do it.

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    brianlux said:
    Time for Pearl Jam to step up to the plate.
    Come on guys, let's do it.
    I'm with you. And thanks for posting about Joni.

Is it a coincidence that they're both Canadian?

;)
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    It’s hilarious that people think attempting the most logical way to stand up to a $36 billion business, whose business is exploiting its content creators, is pro establishment. 
  • Options
    patkelly12patkelly12 CT Posts: 346
    Not Joni Mitchell too!! Can Gary Puckett be far behind? Egos are something else.
  • Options
    musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,117
    edited January 2022
    i
    Post edited by musicismylife78 on
  • Options
    edited January 2022

j
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    so
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    W
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,070
    brianlux said:
    pjl44 said:
    If you want to keep people from going to Joe Rogan on this topic, conduct yourself with humility when covid hospitalization data turns out to be inflated for some period of time in a very facepalm way. People can smell bullshit.

Conspiracy theory.  That one has gotten stale.
    Move on.
    What is a conspiracy theory?
  • Options
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:
    You probably still think Rogan isn't dangerous.
    Lol
  • Options
    Snowden is spot on. "Dangerous!!" I swear you fuckin people......

• Options
    edited January 2022
    T
  • Options

• Options
    edited January 2022
    S
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    brianlux said:
    static111 said:
    “ The study found that areas that voted for Trump by at least 60% in November 2020 had death rates 2.7 times higher than counties that voted heavily for Biden.”

Maybe rogan should keep babbling.
    What are you talking about?  

Promote disinformation so people they don't like die.
    Of the podcast I’ve watched Rogan does not talk much about Covid…people are acting like he goes on and on he doesn’t, at least in the podcast I’ve watched…and often when Covid comes up he promote a healthy lifestyle, lost weight, eat healthy, avoid sugar, sugery drinks…etc…is this misinformation?  Maybe many people today think it’s misinformation because it’s easier to be lazy and fat … 

I've listen to Rogan.  He goes on and on, lol.
    Ha ha. Yeah, that's actually central to his brand!
    Because his interviews are long you may learn things about about guest you never knew…like Ron White love of shrooms…lol
    There are lots of podcasts that are long. And where you learn things.
    And your point is?  Just curious?  Is there a podcast in which Ron white was talking about shrooms other that Rogan.  I’m serious.  One of the things I like Rogan is because an advocate for cannabis, shrooms and lsd…and he discusses these things with some guest…to me that’s interesting…
    Lol.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    So I guess its Neil and Joni.  Kind of hilarious how its two old grey haired hippies who spent their entire lives fighting the man are now pro government and big Pharma. Wild how things change.  
    Did you read Neil's statement?
  • Options
    So I guess its Neil and Joni.  Kind of hilarious how its two old grey haired hippies who spent their entire lives fighting the man are now pro government and big Pharma. Wild how things change.  
    Kind of hilarious how a Pearl Jam fan who is able to 1) get a Tenclub membership 2) be able to pay for said membership and 3) by him or herself be able to log onto the fanclubs message board, at the same time is able to in his/her head make up ludicrous connections between Neil Young and Joni Mitchells actions and "fighting the man", "pro government" and "big pharma". 

Or perheps those things were spoonfed to said person.

Astounding either way.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    apple apparently pays double what spotify does, which amounts to literally one cent per stream. for the vast majority of artists, that still amounts to fucking zero. 

• Options
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    pjl44 said:
    brianlux said:
    static111 said:
    “ The study found that areas that voted for Trump by at least 60% in November 2020 had death rates 2.7 times higher than counties that voted heavily for Biden.”

Maybe rogan should keep babbling.
    What are you talking about?  

Promote disinformation so people they don't like die.
    Of the podcast I’ve watched Rogan does not talk much about Covid…people are acting like he goes on and on he doesn’t, at least in the podcast I’ve watched…and often when Covid comes up he promote a healthy lifestyle, lost weight, eat healthy, avoid sugar, sugery drinks…etc…is this misinformation?  Maybe many people today think it’s misinformation because it’s easier to be lazy and fat … 

I've listen to Rogan.  He goes on and on, lol.
    Ha ha. Yeah, that's actually central to his brand!
    Because his interviews are long you may learn things about about guest you never knew…like Ron White love of shrooms…lol
    There are lots of podcasts that are long. And where you learn things.
    And your point is?  Just curious?  Is there a podcast in which Ron white was talking about shrooms other that Rogan.  I’m serious.  One of the things I like Rogan is because an advocate for cannabis, shrooms and lsd…and he discusses these things with some guest…to me that’s interesting…
    Lol.
    Aren’t you some big kiss fan…the king of corporates whores, gene Simmons a trump supporter and voter…

Give Peas A Chance…