Options

The Joe Rogan Thread

Comments

• Options
    So after 2 years they are finally going to report the truth…
    And it's not just death statistics that are reported like this. Hospitalization statistics are too. When you're admitted to a hospital, you automatically have to get tested for COVID. If you're positive, you're considered in the "hospitalized with COVID" group, even if you're asymptomatic and you're in the hospital for a broken leg. Even Fauci has confirmed this....

"“But the other important thing is that if you look at the children who are hospitalized, many of them are hospitalized with Covid as opposed to because of Covid,” Fauci continued, emphasis added. “And what we mean by that — if a child goes in the hospital, they automatically get tested for Covid. And they get counted as a Covid-hospitalized individual. When in fact, they may go in for a broken leg or appendicitis or something like that. So, it’s over-counting the number of children who are, quote, ‘hospitalized with Covid,’ as opposed to because of Covid.”

Quote is taken from this article: 
    Fauci Finally Admits Something About Covid-19 Others Have Been Censored for Saying (townhall.com)
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    I'm all for accurate stats but surely you realize that most of these people are going to the hospital because they have covid.

My brother in law has been to the ER twice in the last week because of it.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    I'm all for accurate stats but surely you realize that most of these people are going to the hospital because they have covid.

Yeah but the stats are still off because of overcounting. There should've been a clear distinction between "hospitalized BECAUSE of Covid" and "hospitalized WITH Covid" the entire time. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Je me souviens!!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969

Yeah but the stats are still off because of overcounting. There should've been a clear distinction between "hospitalized BECAUSE of Covid" and "hospitalized WITH Covid" the entire time. 
    What about those who are "hospitalized with covid" when they arrive but they stay longer due to covid?

Lots of stats to keep.

I had a high school friend that went to the hospital for back surgery and died there from covid.  
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,646

Not most in some cases its the other way around - plenty of other examples like this:

Hospitals see more patients 'with COVID-19' vs. 'for COVID-19'

Officials from New York City-based NYU Langone Health told The New York Times in a Jan. 4 report that about 65 percent of its COVID-19 patients were "incidentally" found to be infected after admission for other reasons

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067

In MA, making that distinction decreased "COVID hospitalizations" by 50%. Almost 2 years of reporting that way. 2 years.

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2022/01/21/massachusetts-covid-hospitalizations-report/
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    pjl44 said:

In MA, making that distinction decreased "COVID hospitalizations" by 50%. Almost 2 years of reporting that way. 2 years.

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2022/01/21/massachusetts-covid-hospitalizations-report/
    No, this just is not correct. You can not extrapolate the percentages of  current admissions during the omicron wave to all hospitalizations over the last two years. We know that previous strains led to higher morbidity and mortality. 

Also, and I really feel like I’m beating my head against the wall on this point, the distinction people are trying to make between hospitalized with and for covid is not that straightforward. We know that many patient populations have higher length of stay and worse outcomes even when “just” hospitalized with rather than for covid. It may be asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic when they get admitted but that doesn’t mean it conveniently stays asymptomatic the entire admission.  
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    pjl44 said:

No, this just is not correct. You can not extrapolate the percentages of  current admissions during the omicron wave to all hospitalizations over the last two years. We know that previous strains led to higher morbidity and mortality. 

Also, and I really feel like I’m beating my head against the wall on this point, the distinction people are trying to make between hospitalized with and for covid is not that straightforward. We know that many patient populations have higher length of stay and worse outcomes even when “just” hospitalized with rather than for covid. It may be asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic when they get admitted but that doesn’t mean it conveniently stays asymptomatic the entire admission.  
    The main issue is never given the stats - so everything posted here is pure speculation.  

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    pjl44 said:

The main issue is never given the stats - so everything posted here is pure speculation.  
    If by “everything posted here” you mean my post in particular, then no, we do have outcome data on some patient groups regarding LOS and complications. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    pjl44 said:

I didn't mean to imply that 50% could be applied all the way back to March 2020. Was just lamenting how long it took to make that distinction.

You're attempting to extrapolate in your second paragraph, however. The scenario you're laying out certainly happens but so do joint replacement patients with asymptomatic positives. Unless you have data on that, you're just making a biased guess.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    If you want to keep people from going to Joe Rogan on this topic, conduct yourself with humility when covid hospitalization data turns out to be inflated for some period of time in a very facepalm way. People can smell bullshit.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    pjl44 said:
    If you want to keep people from going to Joe Rogan on this topic, conduct yourself with humility when covid hospitalization data turns out to be inflated for some period of time in a very facepalm way. People can smell bullshit.
    You probably still think Rogan isn't dangerous.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,732
    pjl44 said:

Conspiracy theory.  That one has gotten stale.
    Move on.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options

• Options
    musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,117
    edited January 2022

Post edited by musicismylife78 on
  • Options
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:
    You probably still think Rogan isn't dangerous.
    Free speech is dangerous folks.

Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

• Options
    Neil Young would not refer to himself as "woke".  Come on people,  Jeez.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    brianlux said:
    Who refers to themselves that way? Hardly anyone, but given the general definition of woke I think he qualifies this week and I’ve listen to NY for over 30 years. Makes me sad.

Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

• Options
    musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,117
    edited January 2022
    H
    Post edited by musicismylife78 on
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
  • Options
    But Snowden evil that what the government told me. Do have that right?

Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    He was one of the foremost figures in the 60s and 70’s, that touted speaking out against the government and not trusting the government, questioning big brother, not following along with what the government tells you to do.  CSNY toured the “Freedom of Speech” tour jn 2006.  Evidently, those same hippies ib 2022 now say, don’t question the government, follow whatever the government says, do wha tet get the government says, and labels those who speak out against the government as dangerous and worthy of being silenced.  Imagine if Nixon in 1970 had told Neil to get a shot?  How about trump in 2018?  
    rogan can say what he wants about mandates, that's his right and his opinion. what NY and others are against, has absolutely zero to do with "do as the government says" 'which I keep seeing as this ridiculous talking point from the right. he is misinforming people about the supposed dangers of vaccines, touting treatments that are either unproven or unavailable to people who don't get paid $100 million. 

that video I saw of rogan being fact checked live on his podcast? once he realized he was wrong, this is literally the first time ever, and I used to watch him a lot, where he questioned the source they were looking at. wonder why. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    if you read further down the snowden tweet, he's not defending joe. he's saying it's preposterous that people are blaming him for the anti-mask/anti-vaxxing going on in the US. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,109
    Joe Rogan is a moron. That is all.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    Who refers to themselves that way? Hardly anyone, but given the general definition of woke I think he qualifies this week and I’ve listen to NY for over 30 years. Makes me sad.

30 years, wow. 
    Well, 55 years here (starting with the Buffalo Springfield show I helped with running the main spot on Young).  But so what?  I'm proud of Neil for taking a stand.  Nothing new there.  And that has absolutely nothing to do with being "woke".  That's such a weak term anyway and an insult to the kind of reasonable stand Young is taking on COVID.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

30 years, wow. 
    Well, 55 years here (starting with the Buffalo Springfield show I helped with running the main spot on Young).  But so what?  I'm proud of Neil for taking a stand.  Nothing new there.  And that has absolutely nothing to do with being "woke".  That's such a weak term anyway and an insult to the kind of reasonable stand Young is taking on COVID.
    I just saw a post on NY's instagram promoting his music can be found on AMAZON MUSIC (caps are his) and touting how they are champions of high res digital music. 

Oh, Neil. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

30 years, wow. 
    I just saw a post on NY's instagram promoting his music can be found on AMAZON MUSIC (caps are his) and touting how they are champions of high res digital music. 

Oh, Neil. 

Well, that does suck.  But of course you know how much I hate Amazon!

• Options
    edited January 2022
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

30 years, wow. 

Oh, Neil. 

Well, that does suck.  But of course you know how much I hate Amazon!
    he even mentioned getting a 4 month free trial. it sounded like he was posting an ad. he did mention Apple Music at the end as well, but not in all caps, and just kind of a footnote. it was odd. almost like it was a paid spot. 

edit: my bad, he did put apple in caps when he said "I LOVE APPLE". But it still seems to be overwhelmingly pro-amazon. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Verified
    All folks looking for my music can easily head to AMAZON MUSIC through the link in our bio - all new listeners will get four months free.

Amazon has been leading the pack in bringing Hi-Res audio to the masses, and it’s a great place to enjoy my entire catalog in the highest quality available.

Thanks also to Apple Music (I LOVE APPLE) and Qobuz for sticking with my High Res music. My music is also available in the highest quality at neilyoungarchives.com

love earth
    be well
    neil

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com