The Joe Rogan Thread

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    mickeyrat said:
    dumbass just posted a fear mongering video, complete with american flags, nazi imagery, and everything in between titled "Freedom", talking about vaccine mandates/passports and how they go against freedom and democracy and claims that the US is the first country in history to be a democracy. 

god he's fucking stupid. 

going a little alex jones eh?
    100%
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mickeyrat said:
    dumbass just posted a fear mongering video, complete with american flags, nazi imagery, and everything in between titled "Freedom", talking about vaccine mandates/passports and how they go against freedom and democracy and claims that the US is the first country in history to be a democracy. 

god he's fucking stupid. 

100%
    His prior Instagram post is a rant about outrage & fear journalism. 

🤷‍♂️
    mickeyrat said:

god he's fucking stupid. 

100%

🤷‍♂️
    exactly. the self awareness is not strong with this one. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    mickeyrat said:

god he's fucking stupid. 

100%

🤷‍♂️
    exactly. the self awareness is not strong with this one. 
    but but but I'm just a dumb monkey comedian. you shouldn't listen to me......

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    so I've seen a few clips of rogan's latest (or one of his latest) with Dr Sanjay Gupta (the Dr that CNN always has on), and Rogan was grilling him like I've seen him grill no guest before. But I guess he only cares about the truth when it directly affects him; he was going at Gupta about CNN "lying" about Rogan taking horse dewormer Ivermectin. Rogan claims he had it prescribed to him by a doctor. 

If only he talked to Jordan Peterson about his disgusting monogyny and Ted Nugent about his pedophilia. 

Gupta did not do well. He was stammering and pausing, to be fair; Rogan barely let him speak, but when he did, he didn't say much. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Probably going extra hard because it was personal. Makes sense, to me anyway.

And based on the one clip I saw, the doc was ineffectual when it came to CNN’s mis-reporting. 
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    so I've seen a few clips of rogan's latest (or one of his latest) with Dr Sanjay Gupta (the Dr that CNN always has on), and Rogan was grilling him like I've seen him grill no guest before. But I guess he only cares about the truth when it directly affects him; he was going at Gupta about CNN "lying" about Rogan taking horse dewormer Ivermectin. Rogan claims he had it prescribed to him by a doctor. 

If only he talked to Jordan Peterson about his disgusting monogyny and Ted Nugent about his pedophilia. 

Gupta did not do well. He was stammering and pausing, to be fair; Rogan barely let him speak, but when he did, he didn't say much. 
    Rogan is a roided up jackass. Who like fuQer Qarlson is going to get someone killed with their lies and disinformation. 
    Oh well
    hedonist said:
    Probably going extra hard because it was personal. Makes sense, to me anyway.

And based on the one clip I saw, the doc was ineffectual when it came to CNN’s mis-reporting. 
    He was. he should have said "I can't control CNN's content any more than you can control Dana White's". simple. go in prepared. he should have known Joe would go after him for that. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,383

I'm old enough to remember when comedians were funny. 
  • so I've seen a few clips of rogan's latest (or one of his latest) with Dr Sanjay Gupta (the Dr that CNN always has on), and Rogan was grilling him like I've seen him grill no guest before. But I guess he only cares about the truth when it directly affects him; he was going at Gupta about CNN "lying" about Rogan taking horse dewormer Ivermectin. Rogan claims he had it prescribed to him by a doctor. 

Rogan is a roided up jackass. Who like fuQer Qarlson is going to get someone killed with their lies and disinformation. 
    Oh well
    Not a Rogan fan at all, but I listened to the entire show. Gupta sounded very under prepared and did agree several times about cnn spreading misinformation about the Ivermectin and how much it has been used by people all over the world. Joe made good points and had research to back it up. Gupta actually sounded somewhat a fool at times.

Oh well
    Not a Rogan fan at all, but I listened to the entire show. Gupta sounded very under prepared and did agree several times about cnn spreading misinformation about the Ivermectin and how much it has been used by people all over the world. Joe made good points and had research to back it up. Gupta actually sounded somewhat a fool at times.
    Yes, most people know by now that ivermectin is used, in proper doses, to treat infections in humans. the point that seems to be lost on some idiots is that you can't go to the vet and get an animal dose, which is what some morons were doing. this is what gupta should have pointed out. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• so I've seen a few clips of rogan's latest (or one of his latest) with Dr Sanjay Gupta (the Dr that CNN always has on), and Rogan was grilling him like I've seen him grill no guest before. But I guess he only cares about the truth when it directly affects him; he was going at Gupta about CNN "lying" about Rogan taking horse dewormer Ivermectin. Rogan claims he had it prescribed to him by a doctor. 

Oh well
    Yes, most people know by now that ivermectin is used, in proper doses, to treat infections in humans. the point that seems to be lost on some idiots is that you can't go to the vet and get an animal dose, which is what some morons were doing. this is what gupta should have pointed out. 
    Yes I get that and I’m not on Rogans side or against Gupta but the cnn reporter was making a statement that Rogan had contracted covid-19 and was being treated with the medicine that was for animals. Not that he had a human dose or anything else. She stated he was using an animal medicine to treat his Covid-19.  
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    The sad part of society is that their are shitty companies that employ clowns like him and make them Rick, fuck this guy.  

Give Peas A Chance…

Oh well
    Yes I get that and I’m not on Rogans side or against Gupta but the cnn reporter was making a statement that Rogan had contracted covid-19 and was being treated with the medicine that was for animals. Not that he had a human dose or anything else. She stated he was using an animal medicine to treat his Covid-19.  
    but how is gupta responsible for something said on the network he's employed at? like i said, dana white lies all the fucking time. he's the UFC's trump. reporters will quote him and he'll say they are lying. they'll roll tape and he'll say it's out of context. but is that rogan's fault? no. neither should this be gupta's. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Oh well
    but how is gupta responsible for something said on the network he's employed at? like i said, dana white lies all the fucking time. he's the UFC's trump. reporters will quote him and he'll say they are lying. they'll roll tape and he'll say it's out of context. but is that rogan's fault? no. neither should this be gupta's. 
    It’s not guptas fault. It’s cnn’s fault. I’m just saying that cnn did a poor job of reporting and spreading lies same as Fox News does.

Oh well
    It’s not guptas fault. It’s cnn’s fault. I’m just saying that cnn did a poor job of reporting and spreading lies same as Fox News does.
    i agree with you. I was saying from the beginning of all this ivermectin bullshit that "the left" was doing itself a disservice by mocking legitimate treatments (even if it wasn't proven against covid). it just gives trumpsters and fox easy fodder against CNN and the like. 

so what I was saying is that rogan was out of place placing blame on gupta. or grilling him about it. it wasn't on a gupta segment (that I know of; if it was, and gupta didn't push back, then yes, rogan was right to grill him about it). gupta just came off as ridiculously weak. Admittedly, I only watched a few clips on twitter. I just can barely stand rogan anymore to watch a full 3 hour podcast. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I'd be interested to know how the invitation was presented to appear.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    gupta said on CNN after that he and rogan had spoken a few times on the phone about him appearing. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

mickeyrat said:
    gupta said on CNN after that he and rogan had spoken a few times on the phone about him appearing. 

still doesnt speak to how it was framed...

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,383

So, Rogan called out Gupta / expected him to answer for someone else's reporting? 

So, Rogan called out Gupta / expected him to answer for someone else's reporting? 
    Yes. he basically blamed him for working for a company that lied in a segment that didn't involve him. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

i'm not sure what you're getting at, but gupta has stated in print and on air on CNN that he enjoyed himself and does not regret going on the show. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited October 2021
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

i'm not sure what you're getting at, but gupta has stated in print and on air on CNN that he enjoyed himself and does not regret going on the show. 

what I am getting at is did rogan say come on we'll have a nice talk , pick your brain about covid and vaccines etc. and then sandbag him with the attack. and if it went down as described it was an attack. not giving him a chance to answer etc...

rogan had/has an agenda. his cover is I'm just a dumb monkey comedian nobody should listen to me, I was stoned, I was drunk etc etc.....
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

• mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

what I am getting at is did rogan say come on we'll have a nice talk , pick your brain about covid and vaccines etc. and then sandbag him with the attack. and if it went down as described it was an attack. not giving him a chance to answer etc...

rogan had/has an agenda. his cover is I'm just a dumb monkey comedian nobody should listen to me, I was stoned, I was drunk etc etc.....
    It was two guys having a conversation. Both sides were not aggressive. Rogan did cut Gupta short a few times but his agenda was not to attack Gupta or slander him. The segment in question was only bringing to light that CNN spreads misinformation same as other media outlets. It wasn’t a witch hunt or anything like that.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    CNN had some sloppy reporting. Less likely it was intentional misinformation since it was so easily challenged.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    CNN had some sloppy reporting. Less likely it was intentional misinformation since it was so easily challenged.
    I think that's more than sloppy dude. they reported it on it SEVERAL times over several days; long after even I knew it could also be used for human use for parasitic infections. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,812
    Rogan's right and CNN's wrong.

Did they lie? I don't know. Seems like a terrible idea, as this should get a few more people to move to the Nexmax/OAN sources.

1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    I think that's more than sloppy dude. they reported it on it SEVERAL times over several days; long after even I knew it could also be used for human use for parasitic infections. 
    But he didn't have a parasitic infection.  And we know that it doesn't do anything for Covid anyway.

I'm wondering if Rogan's story is even true...what doctor would prescribe that for covid?

But he didn't have a parasitic infection.  And we know that it doesn't do anything for Covid anyway.

I'm wondering if Rogan's story is even true...what doctor would prescribe that for covid?

the other rather glaring question I have that I haven't seen asked is, Is Rogan VAXXED.