Options

Betcha like Gigaton now!

2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
The new songs fucking smoke live! Hope all you SHN folks are having fun getting to the be the first to hear em’ 
www.cluthelee.com

Comments

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,879
    They sound amazing

happy we got a lot of debuts 
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,417
    Always loved it
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,207
    I was so pumped when they played those 3 in a row to start the show. 

At first I was bummed that it wasn’t Long Road, but the badassery of hitting us in the mouth with 3 never before performed songs to start their first show in 3 years wiped that away very quickly. 
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,185
    SBWM unexpectedly got me going. Giga sounds great live! 
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    Seriously! Not one of my favorite Gigaton songs but it was killer live.
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,828
    I didn’t think Dance of the Clairvoyants work well but everything else was great.  I think Who Ever Said would be tremendous.  Hope they break it out.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    Agree 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,879
    OnWis97 said:
    I didn’t think Dance of the Clairvoyants work well but everything else was great.  I think Who Ever Said would be tremendous.  Hope they break it out.
    I’ve been feeling like that one won’t be played too often, like Getaway 
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,898
    Dotc was an absolute energy killer when it was played.  No bueno live.  Quick escape and never destination was legit.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Remember when people thought Ed wasn't signing in the All in Washington performance of Dance of the Clairvoyants. Well I hope their performance tonight shut them up
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,232
    OnWis97 said:
    I think it can work. They need to find better misfit songs to play around it and tweak the delivery is all. I dont think it was that bad I enjoyed it. Gigaton as a whole was great live imo
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,185
    mcgruff10 said:
    Dotc was an absolute energy killer when it was played.  No bueno live.  Quick escape and never destination was legit.  
    How can it be an energy killer when it was the first song?

It’s a tougher sell live but I still enjoyed it.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Sounded great to me.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,644
    OnWis97 said:
    I think it can work. They need to find better misfit songs to play around it and tweak the delivery is all. I dont think it was that bad I enjoyed it. Gigaton as a whole was great live imo

I would imagine it's tricky for them to get the timing down on the song, considering how it was created in the first place.
  • Options
    Superblood Wolfmoon is a weird song in that I was initially meh about it, but it comes alive in the car and is also smoking hot live.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    Superblood Wolfmoon is a weird song in that I was initially meh about it, but it comes alive in the car and is also smoking hot live.
    It's a total earworm too. Sticks in your head after hearing it. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    Gigaton songs sounded incredible!  I loved all of them and the crowd around me knew every lyric.  Quick Escape blew my mind!  Love it in the album and live it’s just unbelievable.  
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    mcgruff10 said:

It was a complete dud.  There was no reaction from the crowd.  People were fired up, the energy was great right before they got on stage.  And then as soon as they played it the energy was gone. Kind of like arms aloft at pj20.  That place would have exploded if they opened with release, go, corduroy, ….. something familiar.   It was a very poor choice as an opener.  

And to have the first three songs all from gigaton?  Oy vey.  
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

It was a complete dud.  There was no reaction from the crowd.  People were fired up, the energy was great right before they got on stage.  And then as soon as they played it the energy was gone. Kind of like arms aloft at pj20.  That place would have exploded if they opened with release, go, corduroy, ….. something familiar.   It was a very poor choice as an opener.  

Wow.  Guess it depends on where you were and your perspective.  From my spot, DotC was amazing. Everyone was dancing and singing. People knew every lyric to every Gigaton song. There were no duds anywhere
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Wow.  Guess it depends on where you were and your perspective.  From my spot, DotC was amazing. Everyone was dancing and singing. People knew every lyric to every Gigaton song. There were no duds anywhere
    I was way in the back and luckily there was one guy right in front of me that was loving the Gigaton songs as much as I was. He actually yelled “Play another new one!” after Seven O’Clock. Having just that one other person near me helped a lot.
  • Options
    On the live feed up front I was watching, people were dancing and singing to DOTC and seemed pretty fuckin’ into it! Bet the band was chomping at the bit to play that record! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Nope....Gigaton is the weakest album and live versions are still versions of mediocre songs.  There are a few good ones, but overall a dud in my book.  I've been here for the entire ride so I know how great their catalogue of songs are, and none of these are in the top half.  If you enjoy Gigaton, all the power to you.  I am disappointed at the setlist given it's their first show in years and Gigaton is a year and a half old.
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,258
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Same thing where I was (a row back from the rail, Mike’s side). Everyone knew every word of the Gigaton songs, and the energy was just incredible. SBWM, which isn’t one of my favorites on the album, sounded awesome live. 
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,391
    edited September 2021
    SS105464 said:
    Nope....Gigaton is the weakest album and live versions are still versions of mediocre songs.  There are a few good ones, but overall a dud in my book.  I've been here for the entire ride so I know how great their catalogue of songs are, and none of these are in the top half.  If you enjoy Gigaton, all the power to you.  I am disappointed at the setlist given it's their first show in years and Gigaton is a year and a half old.
    “I know the music better than everyone because I listened to it the longest.”

lmao please. They haven’t toured Gigaton and you expected them not to whip out those songs? Seemed like an awesome show. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Gotta read the room.  After three years Open with something everyone knows.  That crowd was ready to explode then we get dotc.  It was a weird set list, lots of ups and downs.  Didn’t flow all that well IMO.  Still a fun show.  
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Gotta read the room.  After three years Open with something everyone knows.  That crowd was ready to explode then we get dotc.  It was a weird set list, lots of ups and downs.  Didn’t flow all that well IMO.  Still a fun show.  
    And how awesome your daughter came with you! Some day I hope I can take my oldest to see em’ 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

And how awesome your daughter came with you! Some day I hope I can take my oldest to see em’ 
    She had a fantastic time!  She nearly lost it when elderly was played (her favorite song by them).  Loved betterman and alive too.  

• Options
    SS105464 said:
    Dude. We’ve been sharing the same long bus ride all this time, and so many others here as well. I was hoping that some Gigaton detractors would appreciate the record more after last night. I know my appreciation was leveled up after hearing the songs last night! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    SS105464 said:
    Dude. We’ve been sharing the same long bus ride all this time, and so many others here as well. I was hoping that some Gigaton detractors would appreciate the record more after last night. I know my appreciation was leveled up after hearing the songs last night! 
    I thought gigaton sounded good live but was really really disappointed that dotc opened. I'm sure it will get better over time but seven o'clock was just meh, sounded flat to me.  I also enjoyed never destination and super blood wolf moon.