Betcha like Gigaton now!

1235»

Comments

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    JPPJ84 said:
    bigbiggzy said:
    WES would’ve been baller as the opener…just epic. 

I have to admit - the new songs sounded better than anticipated. I love everything I’ve heard so far. 

For my .02….they transfer live very well. 
    Totally agree. I am not very confident in how the latter parts of the album will sound live but the ones they chose Saturday plus WES are very promising. 
    I was thinking he may do Comes then Goes during his solo set rather than with the band?!
    I'm guessing it will be played during Encore-1, or maybe Encore-2.

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    I really like Gigaton.  There’s no skips on it for me although a couple of songs are just ok to me. But there are also a bunch I love.  

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• No matter what I always like for them to open with a new song from their latest if they are touring behind it , I’ve seen plenty of Long Roads & Release and Corduroy opening shows! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    I ask, have any of you ever had something you really wanted to share and had to wait 18 months + to share it? You get your first chance to do so and you go with something that was created 30 years ago? Not likely. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • jgmochjgmoch Fayetteville, NC Posts: 79
    I hope that I get to see them perform Gigaton this year. A lot of traditional PJ listeners may not readily understand the artistic value of Gigaton because we've been used to a particular 'grunge' rock sound all these years.

To me, and this is just my opinion, I feel like Gigaton is an atypical record by PJ standards, but it's the first record that truly captures the diverse musicality of each member of the band. Rather than having Stone and Mike produce the core sound of this record, I feel like they intentionally derived more input and influence from Matt and Boom. There are electronic and synth elements that are definitely atypical for the ears of PJ traditionalists. But, as I immersed myself more and more into their new headspace I realized, "Gigaton may not score highly among thirty year fans, but, the record itself is a true manifestation and representation of all SIX members of Pearl Jam, not just the original four." 
    Temple_Of_Belltown
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I ask, have any of you ever had something you really wanted to share and had to wait 18 months + to share it? You get your first chance to do so and you go with something that was created 30 years ago? Not likely. 
    agreed. performing an old track you love is amazing, but it can't be compared to performing a new track that is fresh and exciting and you just want everyone to be as excited about it as you are. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    I’m not sure if I was more excited just to be there, that DOTC opened (they did it their way!), or excited that you could see/feel the excitement on their faces. Guess I was kinda excited all the way around. 😂
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    Agree with the above! Glad Pearl Jam doesn’t succumb to fan service. 
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,693
    Totally agree. I was happy to hear DOTC, and be among the first to ever hear it live at a concert. I just wish they really wanted to share Retrograde with us as that night as well. That would have been amazing next to the ocean with the full moon.

• PJ5a1PJ5a1 Oceanside, NY Posts: 400
    The new songs fucking smoke live! Hope all you SHN folks are having fun getting to the be the first to hear em’ 
    The songs sounded great live... 

Some were saying that the first couple of songs sounded choppy... here's why..

Mike was having some technical issues with his guitar box on his back. If you listen to DoC from SHN  right before the chorus his guitar is basically going in and out...

Aside from that - all were great live. They were tight. 

Gets me hype to think about when they come back for a full tour. 
    If I were Eddie Vedder, would you like me any better? - Local H
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    eddie vedder devo GIF by Pearl Jam
    www.cluthelee.com
  • eddie vedder devo GIF by Pearl Jam
    A cover of Devo's Girl You Want would be pretty cool.