• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    cutz said:
    1 out of 13,403 chance of catching COVID if you are fully vaccinated?  My Mom was fully vaccinated, and got COVID two weeks ago, so maybe she should start playing the lottery :). None of the rest of my family that are vaccinated have caught COVID, not even my father that was in close proximity to both, my mom and my non-vaccinated brother.  My non-vaccinated brother’s case was way more severe, but he managed to stay out of the hospital.  I was really fearing for him for a while, and he is damn stubborn. His blood/oxygen was down in the low 80s at one point.  He actually ended up going to some doctor that gave him like 4 shots (not 100% what those shots were) and gradually started getting better.
    The numbers could be,  likely are understated because breakthroughs can be so mild that they are not reported.  The efficacy level against Delta is reported as lower than 90% in trials so I don't think that number can be right. 
    I could see that.  The only reason my mom went to the doctor initially was because she thought she had an ear infection.  She did end up losing her taste and had a nasty cough for two weeks, and she still gets winded easily, but at least she didn’t end up in the hospital or dead!  Makes me think that she probably would be dead had she not gotten the vaccine.
    Very possibly.. or critically ill for a period of time.  This is nothing to fool with, that's for sure.  I fail to understand how people can be so cavalier with this disease, even if it isn't fatal for them.  I don't want to be sick AF for a week or two. F that. 
    and long covid. my god as if I want to feel like I have a bad flu for months on end. I've read that some people have committed suicide over it. (unverifiable, of course). 
    I still have taste and smell issues. It’s been about a year since I had covid. 
    Can you smell your own farts?
    Only the bad ones 
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    cutz said:
    1 out of 13,403 chance of catching COVID if you are fully vaccinated?  My Mom was fully vaccinated, and got COVID two weeks ago, so maybe she should start playing the lottery :). None of the rest of my family that are vaccinated have caught COVID, not even my father that was in close proximity to both, my mom and my non-vaccinated brother.  My non-vaccinated brother’s case was way more severe, but he managed to stay out of the hospital.  I was really fearing for him for a while, and he is damn stubborn. His blood/oxygen was down in the low 80s at one point.  He actually ended up going to some doctor that gave him like 4 shots (not 100% what those shots were) and gradually started getting better.
    The numbers could be,  likely are understated because breakthroughs can be so mild that they are not reported.  The efficacy level against Delta is reported as lower than 90% in trials so I don't think that number can be right. 
    I could see that.  The only reason my mom went to the doctor initially was because she thought she had an ear infection.  She did end up losing her taste and had a nasty cough for two weeks, and she still gets winded easily, but at least she didn’t end up in the hospital or dead!  Makes me think that she probably would be dead had she not gotten the vaccine.
    Very possibly.. or critically ill for a period of time.  This is nothing to fool with, that's for sure.  I fail to understand how people can be so cavalier with this disease, even if it isn't fatal for them.  I don't want to be sick AF for a week or two. F that. 
    and long covid. my god as if I want to feel like I have a bad flu for months on end. I've read that some people have committed suicide over it. (unverifiable, of course). 
    Only the bad ones 
    Small consolation but better than nothing. 
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    cutz said:
    Only the bad ones 
    Small consolation but better than nothing. 
    Hahah. I never thought of it this way. 
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,218
    even before I saw your post, curmudgeoness, I was coming here to post this:

a hospital in upstate NY is halting all baby deliveries as too many nurses quit over vaccine mandates. 

https://www.cnn.com/videos/health/2021/09/13/covid-19-vaccine-mandate-maternity-resignations-lewis-county-general-hospital-newday-vpx.cnn

Yeah, I saw that, but I have a feeling it's not going to be widespread. We'll see. I do think that the messaging from the White House could help. My husband's company had worries about attrition, but if employees are going to find the same mandate in place throughout the sector, maybe it's less of an issue?
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,812
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    cutz said:
    h
    Crazy. How's the rest of your quality of life? While I would not like to be hard-of-smelling or hard-of-tasting, my fear is hard-of-breathing.  I fear long-term breathing issues more than dying from it.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    OnWis97 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    cutz said:
    h
    Crazy. How's the rest of your quality of life? While I would not like to be hard-of-smelling or hard-of-tasting, my fear is hard-of-breathing.  I fear long-term breathing issues more than dying from it.
    exactly my fear too. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    and now we have WAP star Nicki Minaj posting on twitter that her cousin's friend got the vaccine "which caused his testicles to swell and his finance called off their wedding". Hey, DUMBASS, his testicles swelled up from an STD that he probably caught from cheating and that's why his finance called off their wedding. 

STOP SPREADING BULLSHIT
    i think wap was cardi b and megan thee stallion.

if the cousin's friend is not bouncing down the street on his balls like randy marsh in south park, i 100% do not believe it.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    OnWis97 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    cutz said:
    h
    Thankfully my breathing is fine. My lungs still feel strong while I’m surfing and exercising so I’m very grateful. 
    and now we have WAP star Nicki Minaj posting on twitter that her cousin's friend got the vaccine "which caused his testicles to swell and his finance called off their wedding". Hey, DUMBASS, his testicles swelled up from an STD that he probably caught from cheating and that's why his finance called off their wedding. 

STOP SPREADING BULLSHIT
    i think wap was cardi b and megan thee stallion.

if the cousin's friend is not bouncing down the street on his balls like randy marsh in south park, i 100% do not believe it.
    right, forgot for a second who sang that filth. LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    dignin said:
    Just got my 3rd shot. First was AZ so I qualified for a third. Wanted the trifecta of superpowers but had to get Pfizer for the third to match my second.

Anyone else here have 3?

Good times. 

I got a 3rd Pfizer shot 2 days ago. I now have a special visual ability. Unvaxxed people appear outlined in neon green so I can easily spot them and steer clear. ;)

Nah. I did get the 3rd dose though. Like the other 2, just tired the next day and a headache today.
    High five fellow 3rd doser. You better not be joking about that power, cause I want it now.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    The guy who used to mock people who died of AIDS while playing "Another One Bites the Dust"...they should play it at his funeral.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • and now we have WAP star Nicki Minaj posting on twitter that her cousin's friend got the vaccine "which caused his testicles to swell and his finance called off their wedding". Hey, DUMBASS, his testicles swelled up from an STD that he probably caught from cheating and that's why his finance called off their wedding. 

STOP SPREADING BULLSHIT
    What kinda shot did Nicki get to have her brain shrink?
    hippiemom = goodness
    I just realized i typed "finance" instead of "fiancé" twice. I need to change careers. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    cutz said:
    For science, this is important!
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    While I am anti-Catholic church for a million reasons, I can still appreciate the pope’s comments in this article, where he casually disses a cardinal who is anti-vaxx and almost died of COVID. I also like the term “negazionisti”.

The irony of life, indeed. 

https://apple.news/A8IkmZ27fS5Ob3eJGSIynzA
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    this is pretty rich coming from someone high up in the church:

Burke also has warned people that governments were using fear of the pandemic to manipulate people. He spoke out against mandatory vaccinations in May 2020 and said some in society want to implant microchips in people."
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Anybody else puzzled by the new, “fully approved” names of the covid vaccines? I mean, Comirnaty is awkward as hell, and Spikevax sounds like it was the product of a team of eight year old boys. 

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Anybody else puzzled by the new, “fully approved” names of the covid vaccines? I mean, Comirnaty is awkward as hell, and Spikevax sounds like it was the product of a team of eight year old boys. 

Most men have the mind of eight year old boys. Women too :lol:

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    edited September 2021
    hedonist said:

Most men have the mind of eight year old boys. Women too :lol:

As evidenced by the "poop at work" poll in AET :lol:

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    People really need to try Ultramectin X2.....

https://youtu.be/9tat-XkK6OM
  • Anybody else puzzled by the new, “fully approved” names of the covid vaccines? I mean, Comirnaty is awkward as hell, and Spikevax sounds like it was the product of a team of eight year old boys. 

More like a team of 17 year old Brett Kavanaughs.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    One of the last videos the married couple posted on their now deleted YouTube channel was about how they wouldn’t get the vaccine.

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    edited September 2021
    10 active cases in my zone of 200K. Somehow one of them was a guy I work with and now I have to get tested too. I have dodged this from the start and 1 and a half weeks out before I get tested to fly to Ohana I have to get tested as a close contact. If I am positive no Encore trip from me but most importantly the domino effect it will have with other coworkers and family. I am not symptomatic and do not believe I have it but still stressful. 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    PJNB said:
    10 active cases in my zone of 200K. Somehow one of them was a guy I work with and now I have to get tested too. I have dodged this from the start and 1 and a half weeks out before I get tested to fly to Ohana I have to get tested as a close contact. If I am positive no Encore trip from me but most importantly the domino effect it will have with other coworkers and family. I am not symptomatic and do not believe I have it but still stressful. 
    Hope you get a negative test.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • PJNB said:
    Good luck!   What terrible timing if so.
  • PJNB said:
    Fingers crossed for you, bud. 
    My thoughts and prayers go out to the virus....

• As of today, I am fully and officially vaxxed.  2 weeks from last shot is up.

I can do anything now!  SHN here I come!
  • PJNB said:
    Hope your test goes well. I was a close contact with a co worker last week. Because I am vaccinated, the policy here is unless I showed symptoms I didn't need to quarantine or get tested. I limited my movement to just necessary trips and kept away from people, sort of a "do it yourself" quarantine. I also made sure I always had a mask on when around people, which I have been doing anyway. No symptoms, and felt fine.
This discussion has been closed.