Canadian Politics Redux

Comments

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

Give Peas A Chance…
    Trudeau doesn’t think about monetary policy…his words

i doubt he’s capable of thought…

Hes a selfish, ignorant narcissist.

maybe the debt he created is Harpers fault…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • erebuserebus Posts: 549
    ^^^^^^
    Soooooo….we can assume who you are not voting for. … but who are you supporting and why?
    or just the typical Canadian thing of voting against who you don’t like?
    1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
    Now Mr. Blackface says O’Tool will bring in private health care…Trudeau is an idiot.  Montreal and Quebec are ground zero for private health care…he’s so desperate to hang onto power.

There is also this little added detail about the provinces run health care…all the feds need to do is increase health transfers.  Too bad Trudeau and his sidekick Singh didn’t bother to learn federal responsibilities vs provincial.  

Give Peas A Chance…

Give Peas A Chance…

Liberal candidate who flipped 14 B.C. properties in a decade declines to reveal profit, won't commit to ending practice if elected

Another solid liberal candidate.  Just outstanding.  The best.  They only attract the best…

Give Peas A Chance…
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    Parksy said:
    Alright.. at the risk of sounding super weird here.. how do we know he had a banana stuffed in his pants? :) 
    I believe it was supported by the reporting at the time, one of the shots or angles might show the bulge. Funny thing for me is while I’ll continue to crap on Trudeau for the later incidences of blackface, this one I pretty much give him a pass on. He was a kid in high school in the early 90s, though I do still question the adults in the room at the time (though they likely didn’t want to say no to Pierre’s kid, lol).
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
    Sorry to backtrack and pick nits for a minute, but regarding MAID legislation, Trudeau did what he was required to and unfortunately his government produced a flawed bill that needs a rewrite (I’m honestly not sure about the current status). Whoever formed government in 2015 had a deadline from the Supreme Court to introduce legislation to regulate the practice, if I’m remembering correctly, lol.

It was reading like he chose to tackle the issue in his first mandate, but there was no choice for his government, lol.

The problem with graphs like this is that most people support much of the spending Trudeau did as a result of this pesky pandemic. Now, if you could somehow account for the pandemic spending (or just deal with his pre-pandemic budgets) Trudeau still doesn’t look all that good, especially in light of his campaign claims, lol.

Like our Taliban brothers…lmfao
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Murder rate down 8% under Harper, up 20% under Trudeau…numbers don’t tell the whole story…bill Blair, public safety minister, cop extraordinaire…

more of that liberal logic.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941

I've got a few different feelings on that.

1)  Every 1st world country had a similar problem during covid.  All of them had to start support programs for businesses and also pay people to stay at home.   It's not like Canada (via Trudeau) was isolated during the massive covid spending.   Everyone is/was doing it.

2) It felt necessary early in Covid.   It got pretty scary there for a while.  Then after a while and we got through that initial period it felt like a lot people decided to ride the CERB (and whatever replaced it).  I feel like the guidelines and payouts should of tightened up (more than they did) as the pandemic progressed.  We're now in a situation of still paying out a fair bit, but lots of employers looking for people.   I think spending a lot was something all 1st world countries did, but I think Trudeau could of spend less as the pandemic kept going.

3) I'm pretty nervous at how all of this will shape out.  I've been pretty concerned about the health care system. It's continually been getting worse for decades, and Covid gaslit the situation.   Our next big problem is going to the Boomers aging out.    In 10 to 20 years when the majority of them are in their 70s/80's their medical needs are going to skyrocket.  If we can't keep the system going right now, I'm really scared what that looks like.  I already thought we'd be in trouble before covid, now with all this money spent, how do they expect to deal with an aging population?

That's it really.  I don't entirely hold Trudeau accountable for the massive spending, because it was pretty common during the pandemic.  He could of tightened it up more as the pandemic marched on.   The massive spending might not have big consequences if interest rates stay low, but if inflation persists, and they have to be moved up.   Those debt payments could have a big impact on our budget.

edited September 2021
    Throwing rocks at candidates…… stay classy protesters!
    people have a right to be angry but this is too far.
    welcome to the devolution of Canada, I thought we were better than this …. I am continually proven wrong *sigh*
    Post edited by erebus on
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    erebus said:
    Throwing rocks at candidates…… stay classy protesters!
    people have a right to be angry but this is too far.
    welcome to the devolution of Canada, I thought we were better than this …. I am continually proven wrong *sigh*
    honestly, I was always kind of proud how we didn't tend to sink to the political depths that americans sometimes do....now I just see they were ahead of the curve. we caught up. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    I do feel like every country has it's percentage of crazies.  I feel like here in Canada our percentage is lower than other countries, especially the US?

I think one of the hard parts of the 21st century is how much exposure vocal minorities get.  Sometimes a very small percentage of the population has the ability to make something appear more significant than it is.
    This, coupled with people are too lazy to educate themselves on issues anymore and go to the quickest sound bite/meme/tweet that fulfills their narrative 
    Zod said:
    I do feel like every country has it's percentage of crazies.  I feel like here in Canada our percentage is lower than other countries, especially the US?

I think one of the hard parts of the 21st century is how much exposure vocal minorities get.  Sometimes a very small percentage of the population has the ability to make something appear more significant than it is.
    agreed
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited September 2021
    Trudeau…”Erin O’Toole is using coded language.”  Lmfao.  Trudeau is so fucking stupid.  He should sue his past educators for malpractice…

Trudeau wishing people happy Labor Day…that’s quite the oxymoron.
    Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Trudeau…”Erin O’Toole is using coded language.  Lmfao.  Trudeau is so fucking stupid.  He should sue his past educators for malpractice…
    It’s statements like that that expose Trudeau as a liar who seeks only to divide and conquer. His giving two thumbs up to the protesters the other night can’t be seen as anything but a middle finger to them.

Most disgusting is his constant implying that one must fear the Conservative at the door, bearing the gift of covid. And Erin O’Toole is trying to personally kill your children.

I don’t condone it but I certainly understand the desire to throw pebbles at the drama king. The main reason to stop is to deny Trudeau any chance for sympathy. And having let statues be illegally torn down and describing church arsons as “understandable”, pebbles being tossed is an almost inevitable outcome. But they found and arrested a guy who tore down a Pride flag in Hamilton a couple weeks ago.

Or maybe have your say with your vote?
    A liberal commercial with Trudeau promising to fix the home unaffordable problem…lol…meanwhile a Vancouver candidate of his has made millions flipping homes and many flipped in less than a year.

Trudeau is high on promises and very low on delivery…  
    Give Peas A Chance…
    erebus said:
    We’re also supposed to be able to interact with our politicians directly. I sent Trudeau’s office numerous messages over the last six years. Not once was it acknowledged at all. I emailed my local MP (a Liberal) and heard back directly in a couple days. I don’t necessarily expect a personal reply from the nation’s PM, but why even allow messages to be sent if the impression one is left with is that they have been ignored? That only leads to frustration and eventually anger.

Although, your question is equally applicable to the statue vandalizers and church arsonists, but that hasn’t been the message to those groups. Some of us believe that what’s good for the goose is good for the gander, lol.

The rock throwers are PPC supporters ands it’s never ok to throw objects at people.

Give Peas A Chance…
    erebus said:
    We’re also supposed to be able to interact with our politicians directly. I sent Trudeau’s office numerous messages over the last six years. Not once was it acknowledged at all. I emailed my local MP (a Liberal) and heard back directly in a couple days. I don’t necessarily expect a personal reply from the nation’s PM, but why even allow messages to be sent if the impression one is left with is that they have been ignored? That only leads to frustration and eventually anger.

Although, your question is equally applicable to the statue vandalizers and church arsonists, but that hasn’t been the message to those groups. Some of us believe that what’s good for the goose is good for the gander, lol.
    one group is oppressed and had genocide committed against them, the other group is pissed they have to wear masks and get a vaccine to see a movie. 

no, these are in no way equal. not even in the slightest. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

erebus said:

one group is oppressed and had genocide committed against them, the other group is pissed they have to wear masks and get a vaccine to see a movie. 

So one violence is acceptable and another isn’t? It really is that simple. If they’re not equal before the law (as seems to be the case) then this society has no interest in equality and I become even more fearful for the future. I understand First Nations issues are hot-button problems at the moment, all the more reason to solve them rationally (voting and social activism) rather than via violence.

I’ll suggest that any innocent families that happened past some of these statue topplings might have felt unsafe in the moment. And burn down any other religious building and it’s instantly a hate crime.

But throwing pebbles at a “leader” who is doing everything he can to divide society is too far? Again, I don’t agree with the act, but if we’re calling arson “understandable” then so is this. I get that most of you haven’t been subject to 6 years of scorn and derision from Trudeau, but that’s a wrong that is occurring in real-time, not historical. My Prime Minister has spent 6 years saying I’m a bad Canadian because of my political/social beliefs, but I don’t expect sympathy for this in this particular forum, lol. (And speaking of my Trudeau Derangement Syndrome, he’s clearly suffering from Harper Derangement Syndrome since he continues to campaign against him, lol.)

And I’ll say it again, Trudeau is Trump, more on display than ever with his conspiracy theories he’s broadcasting.

good god. I can't even.......
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

“We can’t risk letting anyone else be in charge”.  Trudeau

what a narcissistic arrogant asshole.

This country accomplished great big things before Trudeau came along, with other people in charge.

Trudeau accomplishments was to over regulate weed and assisted death…lmfao.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    erebus said:

So one violence is acceptable and another isn’t? It really is that simple. If they’re not equal before the law (as seems to be the case) then this society has no interest in equality and I become even more fearful for the future. I understand First Nations issues are hot-button problems at the moment, all the more reason to solve them rationally (voting and social activism) rather than via violence.

I’ll suggest that any innocent families that happened past some of these statue topplings might have felt unsafe in the moment. And burn down any other religious building and it’s instantly a hate crime.

But throwing pebbles at a “leader” who is doing everything he can to divide society is too far? Again, I don’t agree with the act, but if we’re calling arson “understandable” then so is this. I get that most of you haven’t been subject to 6 years of scorn and derision from Trudeau, but that’s a wrong that is occurring in real-time, not historical. My Prime Minister has spent 6 years saying I’m a bad Canadian because of my political/social beliefs, but I don’t expect sympathy for this in this particular forum, lol. (And speaking of my Trudeau Derangement Syndrome, he’s clearly suffering from Harper Derangement Syndrome since he continues to campaign against him, lol.)

And I’ll say it again, Trudeau is Trump, more on display than ever with his conspiracy theories he’s broadcasting.
    Haha, really?
    dignin said:
    erebus said:

Haha, really?
    Yes, really. It may have turned into a bit of a ramble, but it is how I feel. It is funny how there was no outrage (probably because it was barely reported on) when Bernier was egged last week.

So we’ve established that no one agrees with throwing pebbles at politicians (though some of us may have an understanding as to the why), what are peoples’ thoughts on Trudeau’s current rhetoric? Responsible? Dangerous? Desperate?

I agree that nothing should be thrown at people period. There are no acceptable circumstances. anyone, any party 

I personally think that it is going to be an extremely close result. Definitely a minority. Is a Liberal/Conservative result going to be markedly different?
    that is why I would like to see the NDP get a chance for once.