Anyone here tried this new thing called "jogging" ?

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Share, I'm happy to donate.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    beano.79 said:
    Guys.... I'm using the race to raise a little money for my daughter's school, they have been incredible through the pandemic. Would it be innapropriate to share it here?
    I think that would be fine to promote it here. 
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Share, I'm happy to donate.
    Yes indeed. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • beano.79beano.79 Posts: 633
    Thanks guys 👌 I will share once I finish the training.

Did a 20 miler on Friday, need to get my 10 in tomorrow as we have been busy with moving house and my daughter's 6th birthday.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Happy birthday to her!
    Happy birthday to her!
    Tired little girl! Party and dinner out yesterday and a theme park today, Shes still up at 9.30 tonight watching some Olympic highlights. I'm up at 5am for my 10 miles before the wife goes to work 😴
    Sounds like everyone will be tired.  
    Enjoy the run!
    Enjoy the run!
    At this point only thinking about breakfast afterwards!
    beano.79 said:
    Enjoy the run!
    At this point only thinking about breakfast afterwards!

Hope breakfast was good! 
    Off day today, for me.

How are all you runners today? Got up too late to beat the heat to run outside. But I had a good 5 mile treadmill run today. And then I immediately did a 2 mile fairly brisk walk outside. Feeling good!!
    Nice work!
    Didn't go as early as I should have, it was indeed hot out there.  
    No run tomorrow, heading into a week where the numbers all go up again I will take it easy.  
    Nice work!
    Didn't go as early as I should have, it was indeed hot out there.  
    No run tomorrow, heading into a week where the numbers all go up again I will take it easy.  
    Nice job to you as well keeping it outside. Tomorrow is my off day but I did see the temps are going up so the treadmill it will likely be.

Yeah it looks like this week is gonna be blazing, again.  Get the sweat going!
    Always good to come here and see people getting the job done 👌 This weekend, 12 and 26 miles and some Texas scramble on the golf course. All squashed around runs to the local recycling centre and clearing out the old house. I'm tired and I want ham and eggs 😴😂
    22 then a marathon.  Damn.  I'm sure you are tired!  Good work.
    Get yourself that food.  🐷 & 🥚 s

22 then a marathon.  Damn.  I'm sure you are tired!  Good work.
    Get yourself that food.  🐷 & 🥚 s

*12 😁
    Whoops, yes, fat fingered the 2 there.
    beano.79 said:
    Always good to come here and see people getting the job done 👌 This weekend, 12 and 26 miles and some Texas scramble on the golf course. All squashed around runs to the local recycling centre and clearing out the old house. I'm tired and I want ham and eggs 😴😂
    Wow!! I am exhausted just reading this. You put on a lot of miles this weekend. Ham and eggs sound great. Now I want to run to the corner and get a breakfast sandwich. 
    GlowGirl said:
    beano.79 said:
    Wow!! I am exhausted just reading this. You put on a lot of miles this weekend. Ham and eggs sound great. Now I want to run to the corner and get a breakfast sandwich. 
    It was tasty, followed up with a little BBQ in the garden this evening. Low mileage next week then we have 2 last big training weeks before a 2 week taper. This thing is creeping up on us!
    Hope you got out early if you were going outside today, GG.  
    Hottest / most humid morning of the year so far....at least it felt that way across 9 miles this morning.  I was squeezing sweat out of my clothing, standing in front of my house, when done.  Not wringing....just bunching up with my hand and squeezing.  
    So nasty ....you know it is bad when you gag, smelling your own stink.

But...feels good to be done.

Hope you all have a good run today!

SC, are you back at it again, yet?

Hottest / most humid morning of the year so far....at least it felt that way across 9 miles this morning.  I was squeezing sweat out of my clothing, standing in front of my house, when done.  Not wringing....just bunching up with my hand and squeezing.  

Good for you for getting out there for 9 sweaty miles. I decided last night I was going to use the treadmill, so I stayed in bed a little longer. It was already too hot when I walking over to the gym. The gym was a bit humid as well. I ended my run drenched - even moreso than I was on Monday. But it felt good. What time did you get out there?

GlowGirl said:

Good for you for getting out there for 9 sweaty miles. I decided last night I was going to use the treadmill, so I stayed in bed a little longer. It was already too hot when I walking over to the gym. The gym was a bit humid as well. I ended my run drenched - even moreso than I was on Monday. But it felt good. What time did you get out there?

Good work and smart to make the call last night.
    Out my door at 5:05.  Wanted to get out early but didn't wake up until about 445.
    GlowGirl said:

Out my door at 5:05.  Wanted to get out early but didn't wake up until about 445.
    5:05!!!! I was still under the covers at that time :sleepy:
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:

5:05!!!! I was still under the covers at that time :sleepy:
    Yeah I need to get back, cool down, shower, be with the kiddo for breakfast and prep for the camp bus.  

• reditalianreditalian Posts: 327
    the positivity in this thread has brought my faith back in the forum!! I was on here constantly back in 2004-05 and then it just went for a crap so I stopped posting anything but hearing all you guys talk like actual humans to each other is brining me back again. 

My marathon training is going well, just ran 18 miles on the weekend as my long run and ramping up to 20 miles in a few weeks. GlowGirl And F me in the brain good for you for getting out there and pushing through all this heat, it's been brutal lately 
    There's no I in team, but there's me.

"0035 EVENFLOW PSYCHOS

"I'm George Bush and my son's an asshole" 08/03/2000

Don't stop wen you're tired, stop when you're done
    Nice going!  I have 17 miles on Saturday....not looking forward to it.  Hope your 18 goes well.

It is a nice change to have a thread where everyone is positive, even if we gripe a bit about some pains or weather issues.  All toward the goal of more miles!
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    Still have a small hamstring injury from last summer that will not go away. If I push the miles or pace I can barely run. If I stick in the 9:00/mile range I seem to be good while running but after really feel it. Doing a lot of stretching lately to hopefully loosen it up so I can push it some more. Hope everyones summer is going good! Tough time of year to be running!
    PJNB said:
    Still have a small hamstring injury from last summer that will not go away. If I push the miles or pace I can barely run. If I stick in the 9:00/mile range I seem to be good while running but after really feel it. Doing a lot of stretching lately to hopefully loosen it up so I can push it some more. Hope everyones summer is going good! Tough time of year to be running!
    I started doing Yin Yoga last month and it really helped loosen my legs up, maybe give it try. Just youtube yin yoga for beginners if you want 

"0035 EVENFLOW PSYCHOS

Nice going!  I have 17 miles on Saturday....not looking forward to it.  Hope your 18 goes well.

It is a nice change to have a thread where everyone is positive, even if we gripe a bit about some pains or weather issues.  All toward the goal of more miles!
    Thanks..the 18 went well. Good luck on your 17!

"0035 EVENFLOW PSYCHOS

That is the pace I run at normally.  Lol.
    Hope your hamstring continues to heal.
    I've not hurt my hamstrings since junior year, Soccer.  It ruined my season, I had to move to mid, and out of center.  
    Know it can be a bitch - keep stretching and of you don't already, jump rope or do a very slow first half mile before actually running.