Options

Anyone here tried this new thing called "jogging" ?

Comments

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,883
    Quiet here this week. How has everyone been doing?

I'm excited about my HM tomorrow! 
    Good luck!!  Let us know how it goes. I have just been doing my usual. But glad to be back at. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    10k tomorrow for me, Half Marathon in 2 weeks.
    Gonna try to PR tomorrow but I don't see how I can.  Not sure how I ran the race I did when I PR'd my last 10k, in June.  Basically my 5k race pace.  
    It is a "run the bridge", as well, and the bridge is a steep up/down.  

GlowGirl,  this is the bridge right below where we met up with Landon after dinner.  Run over, back, and then another 3 miles or so around Camden.

Good luck in the Half tomorrow, Newfie.  Will be thinking of you when I stop after 6.2, in total agony, thankful that I can rest.  :lol:    
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    10k tomorrow for me, Half Marathon in 2 weeks.
    Gonna try to PR tomorrow but I don't see how I can.  Not sure how I ran the race I did when I PR'd my last 10k, in June.  Basically my 5k race pace.  
    It is a "run the bridge", as well, and the bridge is a steep up/down.  

GlowGirl,  this is the bridge right below where we met up with Landon after dinner.  Run over, back, and then another 3 miles or so around Camden.

Good luck in the Half tomorrow, Newfie.  Will be thinking of you when I stop after 6.2, in total agony, thankful that I can rest.  :lol:    
    I remember you showed me that bridge. It did look steep. Good luck with all your upcoming runs. I ran 5.3 miles today. Nice day for running. 
  • Options
    Why aren't all runners speaking in kilometres? Or is 10k 10 kilometres. Or ist it like 10 american miles? 

I ran on my lunchbreak with a colleague on friday. She wanted to keep a higher pace, but I dragged her down. But ran 5,6km. 5,40 m/km. A record for me anyway. And feel some pain in my legs. Which is nice. 

Left clothes and a towel at work. Will try to run to the office monday morning.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Good job!

Some races list in Miles, some in Kilometers, here.
    5k, 10k...I ran a 50k last year.
    10 mile runs.
    Half Marathon is 13.1 miles.....Marathon is then 26.2 miles.

• Options
    Why aren't all runners speaking in kilometres? Or is 10k 10 kilometres. Or ist it like 10 american miles? 

I ran on my lunchbreak with a colleague on friday. She wanted to keep a higher pace, but I dragged her down. But ran 5,6km. 5,40 m/km. A record for me anyway. And feel some pain in my legs. Which is nice. 

Left clothes and a towel at work. Will try to run to the office monday morning.
    We should, being a Canadian living in the US I go back and forth between both.
  • Options
    Good work in your pace....muscle pain means it is working 💪 

• Options
    Just finished, didn't pace the best, but came across in 1:35. Think with better pacing I could have come closer to 1:33. Learn for next time. 

Glad to be healthy enough to run it this year
  • Options
    Just finished, didn't pace the best, but came across in 1:35. Think with better pacing I could have come closer to 1:33. Learn for next time. 

Congrats!!! That is awesome. I am glad you got to run it. Your time was great. Be proud of yourself.

• Options
    beano.79beano.79 Posts: 663

That's good running, 👌great time, congrats

I'm just ticking over at the moment with training for next year's ultras to start in december
  • Options
    beano.79 said:

That's good running, 👌great time, congrats

I'm just ticking over at the moment with training for next year's ultras to start in december
    I'm going to work on my speed the next couple of months (5k training) before I start my next HM training early next year. I'm hoping between speed work, hopefully better health during training, and better execution on race day I can get down to 1:30. I was averaging 7 minutes a mile through mile 9, but kind of hit a wall after that. 

Ultra's sound like a blast, but the most I've run in one session so far is 16 miles. Planning on a marathon next fall. We'll see what's next after that. 
  • Options
    edited November 2022

That is great, congrats!  

I finished 5+ mins off my 10k PR, but did set a course PR by 5+ mins.  
    239th place!  :lol:  out of 1317
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
  • Options
    Between my half marathon on Sunday, and getting both my flu shot and COVID booster yesterday, I feel like I was hit by a train....
  • Options

That is great, congrats!  

I finished 5+ mins off my 10k PR, but did set a course PR by 5+ mins.  
    239th place!  :lol:  out of 1317
    Thanks great that you hit your course PR. 
  • Options
    Between my half marathon on Sunday, and getting both my flu shot and COVID booster yesterday, I feel like I was hit by a train....
    I bet. I got my flu shot last week. No side effects at all. I have an appt for my Covid booster for next Monday. I hope I don’t get May effects there either. But it is so hard to predict. I hope you feel better soon. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    I bet. I got my flu shot last week. No side effects at all. I have an appt for my Covid booster for next Monday. I hope I don’t get May effects there either. But it is so hard to predict. I hope you feel better soon. 
    I will I'm sure. I intentionally waited until after my race to get the shots as I usually have some mild symptoms. 
  • Options
    Anyone run on their lunchbreak?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    I do sometimes, but haven't in a while. More likely to do so the colder it gets.
  • Options
    When I first wake up.  If I did at lunch I'd take a solid hour and only be able to run shorter distances....warm up, run, cool down, shower.  

• Options
    I took an epson salt bath yesterday, it made a world of difference in my legs. They feel back to normal today. 
  • Options
    Ran at lunch. My three colleagues ran 10 kilometres. I bowed out after 2,5km and ran back landing on ~5 km.

Effective to do the running during workhours though. Gamechanger. 
  • Options
    Ran at lunch. My three colleagues ran 10 kilometres. I bowed out after 2,5km and ran back landing on ~5 km.

Effective to do the running during workhours though. Gamechanger. 
    Awesome! I am glad you are keeping it up. I work at home so I often run during "work hours" but I have that flexibility. You are right that is makes a difference - at least for me.

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,547
    I don't get a "lunchbreak" plus running and getting sweaty at work is not my thing.
    Early morning before the sun comes up is my time.
  • Options
    I don't get a "lunchbreak" plus running and getting sweaty at work is not my thing.
    They have to be showering before going back to work, right?
  • Options
    And, agree on running in the early am, before sunrise.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,016
    edited November 2022
    Yeah. We have changing rooms, showers, a sauna and a small gym. 

Even a couple of lockers. But they are all taken :(
  • Options

Whew.  If people ran and then sat next to me or rode the elevator with me?

Barf!
  • Options

Barf!
    Lol. Like @GlowGirl I work from home, so if I don't get out before work, I sometimes run during lunch to get my run in.
  • Options

Barf!
    Lol. Like @GlowGirl I work from home, so if I don't get out before work, I sometimes run during lunch to get my run in.
    I was just asked to join a running group at work....2 others who run (both much younger, one an Iron Man finisher twice over) and want to do it before work.  I smiled and thanked them, but told them I prefer 345am, alone, dark, ear buds in/cranked.  
    I'm an executive so I love to add time with team members whenever I can but need to protect this alone time.  :lol: 
    I did make a crack about showering and they pointed out there are multiple gyms down the street to shower at.

• Options

LUNCH BREAK RUNNING!