Anyone here tried this new thing called "jogging" ?

1697071727375»

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commetsPosts: 27,490
    Get some!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • tishtish gonePosts: 4,317
    Running a bit up my new shoulder season hike.

Be well, Fme!
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commetsPosts: 27,490
    Nice view and thanks 
  • beano.79beano.79 Posts: 383
    GlowGirl said:
    Had my first run in two weeks today. I knew after mile 1 it was going to be hard. I ended up taking a very short walk after 3 miles, and then cranked out the last 2 miles. I think two more runs should get me back up to speed.
    Sounds like a solid start! You definitely need to get back to it, I often rely on your consistency to inspire my own!! 😂👏

7.30am here and I'm just getting ready for my penultimate long run before my half marathon in a few weeks. 14 miles today. Given my goal time I am taking long runs beyond race distance this time. The Yasso's and tempo's and all the speed stuff has gone great. I know I have sub 7 pace for sure... Im just not sure I can hold it for 90 mins
    Wow, that would be super if you could hit that.  For me that would be essentially sprinting for the half marathon.  I would be amazed if I could be in the 7s, but I'm targeting 8s.  
    Hope your 14 miles goes well today.  Nice and easy today, or are you trying to go at high speed?

Wow, that would be super if you could hit that.  For me that would be essentially sprinting for the half marathon.  I would be amazed if I could be in the 7s, but I'm targeting 8s.  
    Hope your 14 miles goes well today.  Nice and easy today, or are you trying to go at high speed?

Just got in, avg 8min pace. Which is about where I should be for the training runs. Felt really strong. I've had a really good training block for this... If I don't hit sub 90mins then I'll accept that it's just beyond me 🤷🏼‍♂️
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NYPosts: 6,193
    Wow. You guys are so fast. Very inspiring. If I get near 10 minutes a mile I am very happy. But not much competitive running for me. You guys are running machines. Good luck with all the events coming up. I like hearing about all the training and progress. 
  • NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 1,532
    beano.79 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Had my first run in two weeks today. I knew after mile 1 it was going to be hard. I ended up taking a very short walk after 3 miles, and then cranked out the last 2 miles. I think two more runs should get me back up to speed.
    Sounds like a solid start! You definitely need to get back to it, I often rely on your consistency to inspire my own!! 😂👏

7.30am here and I'm just getting ready for my penultimate long run before my half marathon in a few weeks. 14 miles today. Given my goal time I am taking long runs beyond race distance this time. The Yasso's and tempo's and all the speed stuff has gone great. I know I have sub 7 pace for sure... Im just not sure I can hold it for 90 mins
    Hope it all goes well! My half is coming up in early Nov. Last year I think I would have broken 1:30 if I hadn't gotten hurt and had to scrap my half, I had run a 1:36 on a tempo run.

This year I feel like 1:36 may be my goal, not nearly as on good of shape this year as last year. 
    That is fast!  I want to be sub 2.  I know I can, not sure I will.  :lol:   
    (820 is a good target, I think, so beating 1h50min would be where I'd really be aiming if training goes as planned.)
    beano.79 said:
    GlowGirl said:

Hope it all goes well! My half is coming up in early Nov. Last year I think I would have broken 1:30 if I hadn't gotten hurt and had to scrap my half, I had run a 1:36 on a tempo run.

This year I feel like 1:36 may be my goal, not nearly as on good of shape this year as last year. 
    The 90min thing has really bugged me! 😂 I have come close a few times, but I'm 43 this year and not getting any faster, last couple years I got into ultras so that's where my passion for running is now but, I'm giving this sub 90min half one more go 🥵
    That's the thing with this running stupidity... We all know we can.... But its hard and it fucking hurts 😂😂
    beano.79 said:
    That's the thing with this running stupidity... We all know we can.... But its hard and it fucking hurts 😂😂
    For sure!
    48 years old and doing this shit I should have been doing ar 28!