Ohana Encore Weekend

Comments

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,376
    edited July 2021
    Post deleted
    Post edited by Sea on
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• halvhalv Posts: 675
    Just cancelled 3 nights at San Clemente Inn if anyone needs a room. September 30, October 1 and 2. 
  • JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    edited July 2021
    Post deleted
    Post edited by Sea on
  • wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,299
    edited July 2021
    Post deleted. Please see the Posting Guidelines
    Post edited by Sea on
  • SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
    edited July 2021
    Please see the Posting Guidelines. Be nice. Please do not derail topic integrity. No trolling.
    Thank you

Posting Guidelines

1. Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the Ten Club Community forum environment. Please think of it as if you are as a guest in someone else's home. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk.

Post edited by Sea on
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 741
    Anyone know the bracelet delivery date?
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    kaw753 said:
    Anyone know the bracelet delivery date?
    A few weeks before the show dates
  • FirstExitFirstExit Los Angeles Posts: 972
    halv said:
    Just cancelled 3 nights at San Clemente Inn if anyone needs a room. September 30, October 1 and 2. 
    just an FYI guys...if you're planning on cancelling a hotel reservation and are interested in offering it to a fan, just transfer the reservation instead of cancelling it through the hotel. once you cancel the hotel can jack the rate up as much as they want.
  • KB82926KB82926 Posts: 58
    Here’s some verbiage from my weekend 1 confirmation:

Please note that your order will ship within 4 weeks of the event date. If you haven’t received your tickets within 48 hours of the event, please contact info@frontgatetickets.com
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    FirstExit said:
    halv said:
    just an FYI guys...if you're planning on cancelling a hotel reservation and are interested in offering it to a fan, just transfer the reservation instead of cancelling it through the hotel. once you cancel the hotel can jack the rate up as much as they want.
    you know if hilton allows you to transfer a reservation?  if they do i have a couple reservations for a good price at doubletree 9/22-9/27. i cant imagine they would let me transfer the reservation though. 
  • link93link93 Posts: 403
    Hilton does allow you to add a name to your reservation that can check in without you there. But reservation stays in your name. Don’t know if you can change to other form of payment. Probably would need to be somebody you trust. 
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    link93 said:
    Hilton does allow you to add a name to your reservation that can check in without you there. But reservation stays in your name. Don’t know if you can change to other form of payment. Probably would need to be somebody you trust. 
    ya i knew you can add a name, and you can change the form of payment to them for sure i've done it with big ed. never heard of transferring though. 
  • FirstExitFirstExit Los Angeles Posts: 972
    FirstExit said:
    halv said:
    you know if hilton allows you to transfer a reservation?  if they do i have a couple reservations for a good price at doubletree 9/22-9/27. i cant imagine they would let me transfer the reservation though. 
    just call the hotel and give them the name of the person checking in. then the person pays with a card when they check in. 
  • HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 4,468
    edited July 2021
    Question...I see all the information about parking at the outlet mall and taking the shuttle over. Is there any other way to get into Dana Point? Is there somewhere to park next to the festival? Is uber even possible? I'm staying in Laguna Friday and Saturday night for encore weekend. Considering paying a lot for a hotelThursday night in Dana Point so that I wake up there, and my car is parked already...just wait for the crowd to thin out and head to Laguna
    Post edited by HailHailVitalogy on
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • MelzombieMelzombie Charleston, SC Posts: 200
    I hate to be the person who brings it up, but my anxiety is through the roof over this new surge. I'm very scared that It's 2020 all over again. I have tickets to the Encore Weekend and was absolutely ecstatic to hear that they are doing this after a year of new live music. 
    If states start imposing lockdowns, we're f*cked. Lolla is this weekend and tours are starting to roll out as scheduled next week. 
    I'm also hoping that since it's outside, it's "safer." 
    I know I sound like a drama queen and there are more important things in life, but I have a very stressful job and live music is my escape. 
    I had a panic attack today over it. 
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    Melzombie said:
    I hate to be the person who brings it up, but my anxiety is through the roof over this new surge. I'm very scared that It's 2020 all over again. I have tickets to the Encore Weekend and was absolutely ecstatic to hear that they are doing this after a year of new live music. 
    If states start imposing lockdowns, we're f*cked. Lolla is this weekend and tours are starting to roll out as scheduled next week. 
    I know I sound like a drama queen and there are more important things in life, but I have a very stressful job and live music is my escape. 
    You’re not alone in wondering whether this is all going to happen this year.  I’m trying to get to a show, any show, in August as a bit of a hedge.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    Melzombie said:
    You are not alone in worrying. I wish I could say the show is definitely happening to ease your anxiety but this far out it is anyone’s guess. Here is to hoping the shows will happen safely and we can all be singing along to our favourite songs together this fall.
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    PJNB said:
    Melzombie said:
    You are not alone in worrying. I wish I could say the show is definitely happening to ease your anxiety but this far out it is anyone’s guess. Here is to hoping the shows will happen safely and we can all be singing along to our favourite songs together this fall.
    Lollapalooza is about 5x bigger than Ohana, requires vaccination card or proof of negative test  to get in. Chicago just raised mask mandates at Lolla for indoor spaces only (which, really, is only VIP or sponsor areas).

Totally get the valid concerns, and pessimism is easy after the 2020 tour shut down. Not much we can do but be safe, don’t get too caught up in looking for daily updates, and if you have travel plans to get there just know what the circumstances are for refunds if we hear bad news.

At the same time, I’d find it difficult for them to announce a second weekend of Ohana shows if they didn’t feel like they could logistically/safely pull it off.
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited July 2021

tschav said:
    PJNB said:
    Melzombie said:
    Lollapalooza is about 5x bigger than Ohana, requires vaccination card or proof of negative test  to get in. Chicago just raised mask mandates at Lolla for indoor spaces only (which, really, is only VIP or sponsor areas).

Totally get the valid concerns, and pessimism is easy after the 2020 tour shut down. Not much we can do but be safe, don’t get too caught up in looking for daily updates, and if you have travel plans to get there just know what the circumstances are for refunds if we hear bad news.

At the same time, I’d find it difficult for them to announce a second weekend of Ohana shows if they didn’t feel like they could logistically/safely pull it off.
    We are thinking with the same brain. 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 875
    lockdown? I don't think its even possible. With half the population vaccinated and all those the already had it, we will be close if not completely in herd immunity by fall is what doctors are saying. We were in lockdown before because ther was no vaccine. We have it now and available to all. This means zero chance of lockdown. Do you really think the vaxed part of the country is really going to listen anyway? Not a chance.
    edited July 2021
    DEGBTI said:
    lockdown? I don't think its even possible. With half the population vaccinated and all those the already had it, we will be close if not completely in herd immunity by fall is what doctors are saying. We were in lockdown before because ther was no vaccine. We have it now and available to all. This means zero chance of lockdown. Do you really think the vaxed part of the country is really going to listen anyway? Not a chance.
    I'm thinking like you, but I hope we are right. It looks like mask mandates are coming back, but a lockdown would be devastating especially for the economy. I thought I was going to get laid off at the beginning of the pandemic. Most of my companies money comes from restaurant/bar + event/concert advertising and no one had any $$ to spend because everything got shut down. I do a little bit of accounts receivable and had access to the books and looking at the numbers it was a very scary time. 
    My plane ticket is refundable, but 
    I will be going out to California regardless if there are no events. I need a damn vacation and I don't care about wearing a mask indoors, if it means places not shutting down. 

I just need to get off social media and reading all the news outlets.. It's only making my anxiety worse. 
    It looks like Bright Eyes just canceled 3 of their indoor shows that were supposed to be next week, but the outdoors are still on

"Due to the complications of managing a large touring party during a pandemic, Bright Eyes have made the difficult decision to postpone a handful of their indoor Summer 2021 shows. Over the past few weeks the band have joined the rest of the world in having to recalibrate and reassess their safety measures on an almost daily basis as new information is reported. The well being of the musicians, crew, friends and family on the road are of the utmost importance to them. Conor, Mike and Nate are aware that decisions they make for their traveling workplace have widespread repercussions for all immunocompromised family members within their touring party's orbit and have therefore made the personal decision to postpone four shows during this time of unprecedented uncertainty. Bright Eyes will always prioritize the health and safety concerns of their touring team and are committed to providing a working environment everyone is comfortable with.

The affected dates are: New York City Terminal 5 on August 1st, Atlanta, Georgia The Eastern on August 6th & 7th and Birmingham, Alabama Sloss Furnaces on August 8th. Refunds at the point of purchase. Dates will be rescheduled as part of Bright Eyes 2022 touring, TBD. All other scheduled dates remain unchanged"

• Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,920
    If it means anything to anyone, I had a panic attack & small heart attack early this year, and covid worries were the catalyst. I've got Moderna running through my veins now, but I still mask up & wash my hands. We all should.
    I was on the fence about SHN & Ohana, but to get my nerve up, I went to DMB in Tampa the other night... and I was okay :)
    Yes, it's Florida. Yes, it was hot. Yes, only 5% of us had masks on, but I found out what works for me: stay in motion. Don't just stay in one spot for too long. Wear your mask, and just be mindful & aware.
    Noteworthy: it was a big amphitheater, so there was plenty of room to get around. But I'm still not "there" as a far as seats, or indoor venues are concerned. I may be vaxxed, but we should all still do our part. Ultimately, I got over a BIG hurdle just by being there.
    Lastly, I'm just a casual DMB fan, but people were CRYING. When they busted into Grey Street, the place EXPLODED (MSG peeps, think Corduroy, or Why Go - shook the place). By the 3rd verse, the place was in full sing-a-along mode. It was euphoric.
    I look forward to having the same feeling w/Small Town at SHN & Ohana \m/,
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• RyanRyan Posts: 1,012
    I wish these big events would just follow what Lollapalooza is doing and make proof of vaccine/negative test within 24 hours mandatory to attend.  Probably a hassle for bands or sports teams to monitor, but if we want large scale events this seems like the only safe way to do it right now with such a large percentage of people not getting vaccinated.
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    I was at an outdoor amphitheater show last night (Foo) and wore a mask the whole time (yes, I'm fully vaxxed).  It was uncomfortable to be in the middle of 30k people.  Tonight, I'm going to a Lolla aftershow which is indoors and no mask requirement as far as I have seen.  I've had tickets for this one for a year and a half and am VERY nervous, but I can't bring myself to skip it.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
    edited July 2021
    The Calgary Stampede occurred this summer here in Calgary. While there were few (if any) foreign visitors like we usually have for the “Greatest Show on Earth” (that I never attend) there was plenty of visitors from across Canada. Witnessed plenty of out-of-province licence plates.

The 10 day event included a rodeo, plenty of live music (indoors and outdoors) and of course the midway and “Nashville North”, the large tent with music and dancing and a bevy of young and drunk urban cowboys and cowgirls. 

There were 71 confirmed cases traced back to the Stampede. It was not a super-spreader event. Canada was at about 75% first vaccination rate and 60% fully vaccinated rate at that time, including all of those who have used AZ which for some reason the US may not recognize as vaccinated.

If you are fully vaccinated you are approx. 90% protected. If you do get COVID while vaccinated, you may feel ill but will not be hospitalized. 
    Therefore as a completely vaccinated person, I have no reservations of going anywhere to see anything, and that is why I’m heading to Dana Point for Ohana this fall. 

Edited due to spelling/grammatical errors
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,307
    California will NOT lockdown but we will surely have mask mandates back again. In a close packed crowd, like Lolla, there WILL be tons of positive tests. The vaxxed who are infected will take the covid variant with them and spread it around. I think masks are not unreasonable and it's better than canceling events. 
    California will NOT lockdown but we will surely have mask mandates back again. In a close packed crowd, like Lolla, there WILL be tons of positive tests. The vaxxed who are infected will take the covid variant with them and spread it around. I think masks are not unreasonable and it's better than canceling events. 
    583,000 attendees at the Stampede over 10 days. 71 cases…. No masks.
    edited August 2021
    I'm not an anti-masker, but good look to the fest crew enforcing masks outside, if it ends up like that. What a complete nightmare. Can you imagine someone going through the huge crowd, "excuse me sir, you need to cover your mouth and nose." I work part time at a grocery store (so I can afford to follow PJ) and it was a literal nightmare, a NIGHTMARE enforcing masks at my store. We had employees get threatened and spit on. I can't imagine them enforcing at Ohana. Maybe inside? but not at the stages. 

anyone else think they will require tests/cards like Lolla?? It doesn't matter to me because I'm fully vaccinated. 
    Post edited by Melzombie on