Ohana Encore Weekend

Comments

• Just booked Friday and Saturday night at Laguna Cliffs Marriott for the Encore weekend! I had day passes for just Saturday, but I have extra PTO from work so I bought Friday passes too! Very excited!
  • dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,187
    Just booked Friday and Saturday night at Laguna Cliffs Marriott for the Encore weekend! I had day passes for just Saturday, but I have extra PTO from work so I bought Friday passes too! Very excited!
    Whoa, did you get a good rate?
  • Just booked Friday and Saturday night at Laguna Cliffs Marriott for the Encore weekend! I had day passes for just Saturday, but I have extra PTO from work so I bought Friday passes too! Very excited!
    I looked at that hotel, and saw $1,085 a night 😳 I quickly eliminated that as a potential place to stay. 
  • JoMa1998JoMa1998 London, Ontario Posts: 30
    I am about to cancel a room at the Best Western Plus Marina Shores so a room will come available at hopefully a decent price. I called the hotel to see if I could transfer to someone else but they said no.  

2005.09.12-London
    2006.05.09-Toronto
    2007.08.05-Lolla, Grant Park
    2008.08.13-EV Toronto
    2009.08.21-Toronto; 2009.10.30-Philly
    2010.05.06-Columbus; 2010.05.07-Noblesville
    2011.06.26-EV Detroit; 2011.09.11-Toronto; 2011.09.12-Toronto; 2011.09.15-Hamilton
    2013.07.16-London; 2013.07.19-Wrigley Field
    2014.10.16-Detroit
    2016.05.08-Ottawa; 2016.05.10-Toronto; 2016.05.12-Toronto; 2016.08.20-Wrigley Field; 2016.08.22-Wrigley Field
    2018.08.18-Wrigley Field; 2018.08.20-Wrigley Field
    2021.09.24/25/26-Ohana Festival; 2021.10.01/02-Ohana Encore
    2022.09.03-Ottawa; 2022.09.06-Hamilton; 2022.09.08-Toronto; 2022-09-15 Nashville 
    2023.08.31-Minneapolis; 2023.09.02-Minneapolis; 2023.09.05-Chicago; 2023.09.07-Chicago; 2023.09.29/30/10.01-Ohana Festival

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    JoMa1998 said:
    I am about to cancel a room at the Best Western Plus Marina Shores so a room will come available at hopefully a decent price. I called the hotel to see if I could transfer to someone else but they said no.  
    @JeBurkhardt
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    JoMa1998 said:
    FYI - I can’t say for sure that this will happen again, but last time someone posted here that a room was coming available, I called the hotel and they confirmed it was available but the price was $450 or so. They’re jacking up prices based on demand so if it was originally a reasonably priced room I wouldn’t expect it to remain that way. I even asked the woman why it was more than double the standard rate and she said “there’s a big festival in town that weekend.” 
  • JoMa1998JoMa1998 London, Ontario Posts: 30
    I’m sure they jack up the prices immediately. I cancelled the room and it was gone instantly.

2005.09.12-London
    2006.05.09-Toronto
    2007.08.05-Lolla, Grant Park
    2008.08.13-EV Toronto
    2009.08.21-Toronto; 2009.10.30-Philly
    2010.05.06-Columbus; 2010.05.07-Noblesville
    2011.06.26-EV Detroit; 2011.09.11-Toronto; 2011.09.12-Toronto; 2011.09.15-Hamilton
    2013.07.16-London; 2013.07.19-Wrigley Field
    2014.10.16-Detroit
    2016.05.08-Ottawa; 2016.05.10-Toronto; 2016.05.12-Toronto; 2016.08.20-Wrigley Field; 2016.08.22-Wrigley Field
    2018.08.18-Wrigley Field; 2018.08.20-Wrigley Field
    2021.09.24/25/26-Ohana Festival; 2021.10.01/02-Ohana Encore
    2022.09.03-Ottawa; 2022.09.06-Hamilton; 2022.09.08-Toronto; 2022-09-15 Nashville 
    2023.08.31-Minneapolis; 2023.09.02-Minneapolis; 2023.09.05-Chicago; 2023.09.07-Chicago; 2023.09.29/30/10.01-Ohana Festival

• PJNB said:
    JoMa1998 said:
    @JeBurkhardt
    Already gone by the time I saw the post. Thanks for the heads up though.
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited September 2021
    PJNB said:
    JoMa1998 said:
    @JeBurkhardt
    We found the hotels cheaper closer to San Diego. We are staying in Carlsbad and rented a car to travel to San Clemente to catch the shuttle. 
    Not sure if the hotel prices there have skyrocketed or not, but it’s only a half hour from the shuttle I believe. 
  • Even if a room becomes available, it will still be crazy expensive based on bbigs conversation with the hotel. At this point, my thoughts are to book a reasonably priced room in Oceanside, drive to San Clemente and take the shuttle. Not perfect, but definitley cheaper. It is only a 20 minute drive, which is about half of what I drive every morning on my commute. 
  • PJNB said:
    JoMa1998 said:
    @JeBurkhardt
    We found the hotels cheaper closer to San Diego. We are staying in Carlsbad and rented a car to travel to San Clemente to catch the shuttle. 
    Not sure if the hotel prices there have skyrocketed or not, but it’s only a half hour from the shuttle I believe. 
    I think that is going to be my plan too. Oceanside has some reasonably priced options. I just need to see if I am going to fly into Santa ana or San Diego. 
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,307
    PJNB said:
    JoMa1998 said:
    @JeBurkhardt
    Why not stay in Oceanside? It's even closer than Carlsbad
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited September 2021
    PJNB said: last 
    JoMa1998 said:
    @JeBurkhardt
    Why not stay in Oceanside? It's even closer than Carlsbad
    I’m fine where I am but thanks for your input. I travel for work and have a pile of IHG points. Used them in Carlsbad.  The option also showed prices and they were cheaper even back when I nabbed the tickets. 
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    Are people getting the email that wristbands are shipping?

got mine for 1st weekend

not Encore yet

CROJAM95 said:
    Are people getting the email that wristbands are shipping?

got mine for 1st weekend

not Encore yet

Yes.. Encore will come week after... don't fret.. 
  • dmbolp said:
    Just booked Friday and Saturday night at Laguna Cliffs Marriott for the Encore weekend! I had day passes for just Saturday, but I have extra PTO from work so I bought Friday passes too! Very excited!
    Whoa, did you get a good rate?
    Oh, no indeed. I do have over 300,000 Marriott Bonvoy points (I travel for work a lot), so we're using a good chunk of those to pay for the stay that weekend.
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    edited September 2021
    I hope the shuttle turns out to still be in San Clemente because I am booking a hotel in Oceanside today with the idea of driving to San Clemente and then shuttling in to Dana Point. I messaged their Facebook page, hopefully I hear something back. 
    Post edited by JeBurkhardt on
    I hope the shuttle turns out to still be in San Clemente because I am booking a hotel in Oceanside today with the idea of driving to San Clemente and then shuttling in to Dana Point. I messaged their Facebook page, hopefully I hear something back. 
    It is.. same place as usual
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    edited September 2021
    Where are you seeing this?  Just wanna confirm before I buy shuttle tickets 
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • SenlickSenlick United States Posts: 80
    I just bought shuttle passes for weekend 2 yesterday, but looks like weekend 1 shuttle passes are sold out. Do we know if they will release more weekend 1 shuttle passes? I don't see any resale options on the exchange.
  • I hope the shuttle turns out to still be in San Clemente because I am booking a hotel in Oceanside today with the idea of driving to San Clemente and then shuttling in to Dana Point. I messaged their Facebook page, hopefully I hear something back. 
    Where are you seeing this?  Just wanna confirm before I buy shuttle tickets 
    For me, in the end it really doesn’t matter where it is. I will have to rent a car and drive to the shuttle spot anyway. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    Can't believe we are under 2 weeks away from the first PJ show happening in 3 years and 25 days away from my first show since Boston 18! 

• So, I'm really just interested in seeing Pearl Jam and not that into any of the opening bands. I'm staying at the Laguna Cliffs Marriott nearby and kinda just want to hang by the pool, etc. during the day. I'm going solo and don't need to be on the rail, but I wouldn't mind getting a decent spot.  Do you think I can just show up at 6pm and get a good spot? Or do I need to be there all day and hold my spot? If so, am I just going to lose it if I have to get a beer or go to the bathroom since I will be solo?
    So, I'm really just interested in seeing Pearl Jam and not that into any of the opening bands. I'm staying at the Laguna Cliffs Marriott nearby and kinda just want to hang by the pool, etc. during the day. I'm going solo and don't need to be on the rail, but I wouldn't mind getting a decent spot.  Do you think I can just show up at 6pm and get a good spot? Or do I need to be there all day and hold my spot? If so, am I just going to lose it if I have to get a beer or go to the bathroom since I will be solo?
    OMG.. just show up and stop this stressing. Its a small venue.. on the grass.. on the beach... 
  • So, I'm really just interested in seeing Pearl Jam and not that into any of the opening bands. I'm staying at the Laguna Cliffs Marriott nearby and kinda just want to hang by the pool, etc. during the day. I'm going solo and don't need to be on the rail, but I wouldn't mind getting a decent spot.  Do you think I can just show up at 6pm and get a good spot? Or do I need to be there all day and hold my spot? If so, am I just going to lose it if I have to get a beer or go to the bathroom since I will be solo?
    OMG.. just show up and stop this stressing. Its a small venue.. on the grass.. on the beach... 
    Thanks. That is what I want to know. I've never been to any multi-day festival and I am coming in from CT so I am not familiar at all with the venue. I'm going through a lot of effort to get there so I don't want to show up late and be disappointed that I didn't get there early
  • dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,187
    Can the show be heard from outside the venue? (asking for a friend :) )
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,218
    dmbolp said:

Yes.

[In 2019 we were staying at the Residence Inn a mile away and someone called the front desk during the RHCP sound check to complain about the loud music supposedly coming from my room. I was napping; they were idiots. It was sound from the venue.]

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
    dmbolp said:
    There will be a ton of people on the beach just outsde the back fence.. behind the bleachers
    So, I'm really just interested in seeing Pearl Jam and not that into any of the opening bands. I'm staying at the Laguna Cliffs Marriott nearby and kinda just want to hang by the pool, etc. during the day. I'm going solo and don't need to be on the rail, but I wouldn't mind getting a decent spot.  Do you think I can just show up at 6pm and get a good spot? Or do I need to be there all day and hold my spot? If so, am I just going to lose it if I have to get a beer or go to the bathroom since I will be solo?
    Thanks. That is what I want to know. I've never been to any multi-day festival and I am coming in from CT so I am not familiar at all with the venue. I'm going through a lot of effort to get there so I don't want to show up late and be disappointed that I didn't get there early
    Haven't you looked at map of venue on Ohana webpage? Look...if you want to push through and get fairly close asa single it won't be a big deal. There's a rise, a hill to the grass so that even in back you see great. The people who charge the gate and run to the rail won't appreciate or probably let you get that close.
    I stood at the back of the grass one year, it's a good spot to see and hear. 
    If you're gonna stress about it then go early but realize no one gets to save room with blankets once PJ starts
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    Question for the Ohana vets, can you upgrade to VIP at the festival/day of?
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .