2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,928
    Trolls gonna be piecacrap Trolls, doesn't matter what thread.
    Thats a fact muchacho
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    PJNB said:
    Apparently we haven't learned our lesson to stay on topic.

Lets try not to make a take 3 to this thread, shall we?
    You making it up to Canada for the run of shows? Really hoping a second TO show is added. Also there is going to be a lot of tickets to be had I think for most shows as a lot of people got refunds. Going to be a fun day for some trying to score tickets again. 
    It will depend on routing and dates. If they work in conjunction with my schedule and the other shows I have tickets for I will 100% get to work on F2F when it opens up haha.

After those legendary GA Baltimore tickets you scored on F2F last year I think you will do ok when it opens back up if needed!
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

You making it up to Canada for the run of shows? Really hoping a second TO show is added. Also there is going to be a lot of tickets to be had I think for most shows as a lot of people got refunds. Going to be a fun day for some trying to score tickets again. 
    It will depend on routing and dates. If they work in conjunction with my schedule and the other shows I have tickets for I will 100% get to work on F2F when it opens up haha.

After those legendary GA Baltimore tickets you scored on F2F last year I think you will do ok when it opens back up if needed!
    I'll need to start practicing. @shza is a legend in his own right.

So if they do a second leg after Europe, how many shows do you guys think they add?
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

I feel like those ga tickets should be mine.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

So if they do a second leg after Europe, how many shows do you guys think they add?
    With the above shortened quote of 30 shows Jeff was saying for indoors you have to think its somewheres close to what the first leg of shows is in total. There were 14 shows for 2020 so add a TO and a MSG for double nights and I bet we get 15 plus on the second leg too. Seattle having 3 or 4 shows is going to really add a lot to the total plus if they do ballpark shows they always do double nights. More shows for everyone! 
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

With the above shortened quote of 30 shows Jeff was saying for indoors you have to think its somewheres close to what the first leg of shows is in total. There were 14 shows for 2020 so add a TO and a MSG for double nights and I bet we get 15 plus on the second leg too. Seattle having 3 or 4 shows is going to really add a lot to the total plus if they do ballpark shows they always do double nights. More shows for everyone! 
    Chicago please!
    ryph raph said:
    Pearl Jam's Jeff Ament: 'I Don't Know If I Wanna Go Out And Do 30 ...
    You missed half the quote.  If you are nervous about the Delta Variant then don't go to the shows but please don't ruin it for the rest of us.  I'm vaxxed and ready for some live music!
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

Chicago please!

The Fall '20 rumor was for a non-Wrigley show (assume UC).  Sure would be nice if that plan stuck, but I don't see it.  Wrigley or bust I would think, although with Theo being gone maybe it increases the odds slightly.

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    bbiggs said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

Chicago please!

The Fall '20 rumor was for a non-Wrigley show (assume UC).  Sure would be nice if that plan stuck, but I don't see it.  Wrigley or bust I would think, although with Theo being gone maybe it increases the odds slightly.

Theo's influence when it comes to them playing ballparks is overestimated. He was in Boston for years and they didn't play Fenway till after he left. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    bbiggs said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

Chicago please!

Any place in Chicago is fine with me.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387
    edited July 2021
    JimmyV said:
    bbiggs said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

Chicago please!

Theo's influence when it comes to them playing ballparks is overestimated. He was in Boston for years and they didn't play Fenway till after he left. 
    Safe to say it has more to do with being able to sell twice as many tickets for one night at a ball park than they can one night at an arena or shed. 

Until the ballpark shows stop selling out, I expect them to be the norm for certain cities. From a business standpoint it makes too much sense not to. 
    JimmyV said:
    bbiggs said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

Chicago please!

Safe to say it has more to do with being able to sell twice as many tickets for one night at a ball park than they can one night at an arena or shed. 

Until the ballpark shows stop selling out, I expect them to be the norm for certain cities. From a business standpoint it makes too much sense not to. 
    Your spot on.

One other model I wish they would consider for cities that would get multiple ballpark shows (Boston & Chicago for example), would be one night at ballpark, one night at arena/shed. I personally dont mind the ballpark shows, but this would give options for those who are not a fan of them.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    JimmyV said:
    bbiggs said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

Chicago please!

Agreed and wasn't suggesting otherwise.  EV's roots with the Cubs organization span much further than just Theo.  I'm in the camp that says they'll never play another Chicago show that is not Wrigley Field, but if the decision was to possibly go either way between UC or Wrigley, Theo being a bug in his ear may have been a deciding factor. 

edited July 2021
    We have been saying ballparks only for Chicago here on out for a couple of years now. With 2020 getting two shows at UC things changed. Now with Covid and outdoor vs indoor though who knows what they will decide to do. 
    bbiggs said:
    JimmyV said:
    bbiggs said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

Chicago please!

Agreed and wasn't suggesting otherwise.  EV's roots with the Cubs organization span much further than just Theo.  I'm in the camp that says they'll never play another Chicago show that is not Wrigley Field, but if the decision was to possibly go either way between UC or Wrigley, Theo being a bug in his ear may have been a deciding factor. 

I hear you. Curious to see where this goes. Some bands adopt the stadium only tour model, others go back to playing arenas. I tend to think they will be the latter, but I could be wrong.

PJNB said:
    We have been saying ballparks only for Chicago here on out for a couple of years now. With 2020 getting two shows at UC things changed. Now with Covid and outdoor vs indoor though who knows what they will decide to do. 
    Were those Chicago shows official?
    I am in favor of anything that will get us summer shows here in the U.S. Ballparks, sheds, either will do.

JimmyV said:
    I am in favor of anything that will get us summer shows here in the U.S. Ballparks, sheds, either will do.
    Same... I would much prefer an arena, but I'll take anything I can get at this point. 
    JimmyV said:
    Same... I would much prefer an arena, but I'll take anything I can get at this point. 

Dare to dream, right? The European festival circuit must pay big bucks. It seems to be where they play in summer now.

• JBob87JBob87 Posts: 427
    I'm not turning my nose up at any chance to see the band...but Wrigley is a terrible concert experience. I get the financial motivation to keep doing it though.
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    JBob87 said:
    I'm not turning my nose up at any chance to see the band...but Wrigley is a terrible concert experience. I get the financial motivation to keep doing it though.
    Baseball stadiums in general are the worst possible setup for concerts (just not designed for it).  I'd argue that arenas provide the best experience for fans. I love sheds, but the whole season/premium ticket experience puts rich pricks in front.  Hopefully more people get vaxxed now and we get lots of arena shows next year.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    JBob87 said:
    Baseball stadiums in general are the worst possible setup for concerts (just not designed for it).  I'd argue that arenas provide the best experience for fans. I love sheds, but the whole season/premium ticket experience puts rich pricks in front.  Hopefully more people get vaxxed now and we get lots of arena shows next year.

I would agree that Arena's are better than stadiums, the challenge being if you have demand for multiple stadium level shows, and opt to plan an arena, it's going to be much harder for fans to get tickets (and many more fans will miss out).  

Arena's aren't big enough for some of the major population centres, or even Seattle... lol. 
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,719
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    Shit changes all the time here but remember the Quebec City Arena manager said Feb/March. Could easily be March/April or April/May though. 
    I hope the MSG show works with my schedule but February would be tough, which makes me nervous.  

I'm almost certainly going to have to let go of my Balt ticket
    I'll gladly take that baltimore ticket off your hands!  
    It’s yours if I can’t go and can transfer it directly to you 

in 2020 when you let tix go they went back into a queue 
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
    I've enjoyed every stadium show I've been too. Wrigley in 2013, Seattle in 2018, Fenway all four shows. They always feel like a special occasion and there are little nooks and dark corners to explore when looking for a better spot. 

mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    Shit changes all the time here but remember the Quebec City Arena manager said Feb/March. Could easily be March/April or April/May though. 
    I hope the MSG show works with my schedule but February would be tough, which makes me nervous.  

I'm almost certainly going to have to let go of my Balt ticket
    I'll gladly take that baltimore ticket off your hands!  
    It’s yours if I can’t go and can transfer it directly to you 

in 2020 when you let tix go they went back into a queue 
    Fingers crossed you can go but if not we ll make it work.  
  • NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 823
    At this point I'll take literally anything - I was days away from three shows in 2020 before...y'know - but my goodness I hope Toronto doesn't ever turn into another ballpark city for Pearl Jam. Seeing a show at Wrigley is one thing. Seeing a show at Rogers Centre is another thing altogether. (Obviously I know they'll be at the SBA next year - I'm talking after that.)
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • uglybabouglybabo Posts: 513
    NWOntario said:
    At this point I'll take literally anything - I was days away from three shows in 2020 before...y'know - but my goodness I hope Toronto doesn't ever turn into another ballpark city for Pearl Jam. Seeing a show at Wrigley is one thing. Seeing a show at Rogers Centre is another thing altogether. (Obviously I know they'll be at the SBA next year - I'm talking after that.)
    Yeah, I went to Wrigley and Fenway. I’m a pretty big baseball fan so seeing the band in those iconic places was cool. But the Rogers Centre for concerts is terrible plus there’s no atmosphere and it’s really echoey. 

If they ever chose outdoor in Toronto I’d prefer BMO field. 
  • DissidentRival74DissidentRival74 Six One Five Posts: 150
    Hoping there is a rumor at some point that Hard to Imagine and Red Mosquito will be in the song rotation for the 2022 shows.  :)

Would love for these two to reappear in the rotation.  If the stickers mean anything - the original Nashville sticker for the 2020 show was/is a red mosquito, so maybe they'd have played it there?  These two, along with cropduster, are the top three on my "Hope to hear" list...
    "I'm only civil because I don't know any swear words."
  • PJNB said:
    I would cry if they came to Maine. Either have to go to Boston 9 hours away or Quebec City 7+ for nearest concert venue so like bangor or Portland be pretty great. Haha
    Starting to think we live fairly close... Moncton?
    Miramichi, but I used to live in Moncton! Haha
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    edited July 2021
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"