The Food Thread

Comments

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,707

Sweet Chili wings and a potato knish. I feel like the plate could use something green but this is enough food for me right now. I will dip the wings in some blue cheese. 
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,928
    GlowGirl said:

Sweet Chili wings and a potato knish. I feel like the plate could use something green but this is enough food for me right now. I will dip the wings in some blue cheese. 
    Wings look great! Nicely done.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,429
    10lb pork shoulder bone in.

9 hr cook, 1 hr rest. first attempt using gas grill
    . started at 1230.....

will have some tomorrow...
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    Caprese salad and pasta alla gricia. My first time making this pasta. Had it in Rome and have been craving it ever since.  Turned out really well.  Very rich though.

"What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Caprese salad and pasta alla gricia. My first time making this pasta. Had it in Rome and have been craving it ever since.  Turned out really well.  Very rich though.

Nice!!!
    Did you use Guanciale?
    There's only one place I can get it where I live so I often substitute with pancetta.
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    eddiec said:

Nice!!!
    Did you use Guanciale?
    There's only one place I can get it where I live so I often substitute with pancetta.
    I did!  Finally stopped in at this little Italian deli downtown to see if they carried it and they did.  I used bucatini noodles and pecorino for the cheese.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    Wow that looks great!
    Nice job.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Taco time!

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • PorchsitterPorchsitter Loganville, GA Posts: 1,069

Here's how the weekend begins. 10-lb pork butt smoking over pecan at 275° with a few beverages, the "Star Lord's Zune" playlist on Spotify playing on the stereo, and a fairly warm but pleasant day outside. Tomorrow, I get to hang with my friend who I haven't seen since December 2019 because of COVID and get to share this meal with him. Overall, a great weekend planned and incredible way for it to start.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    Putting your best foot forward!

Have fun!

I SAW PEARL JAM
    Hot damn.
    3 pieces, please.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Caught our dinner today. Mangrove snapper. Out of the water and on our plates within a couple hours. Turned out great.

edited June 2021
    bbiggs said:
    Caught our dinner today. Mangrove snapper. Out of the water and on our plates within a couple hours. Turned out great.

Used to catch shloads of those trolling around Fort De Soto. 

Nom!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    ^ Yeah we’re in Marco Island so not far. They’re  fun to catch and delicious eating.
    I grew up in Florida. I fished nearly every day. And I still was never was able to reel in a tarpon. Had plenty on my line, though. 

After a while, it just got to be an awful waste
    of delicious crab or mullet for a sport fish no one in their right mind would ever eat. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    ^Thats cool just to get a tarpon on the line. I imagine they fight like hell.  There were a bunch up near the dock just waiting to be fed the fish that was left from the filet station. Reminded me of a salt water version of carp the way they lurked in that area. 
    Fried fish is one of FSMs greatest gifts to us
    (Rum, beer, and strippers clearly are at the top of the list)

I still want some of that chicken.  Any leftovers, Dankind?

Got a little bit leftover for tacos later.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:

Got a little bit leftover for tacos later.

Nice.  A nice cold beer and some hot sauce and that is a dunk of a meal.
    Wife texted me this. They ordered Chinese food tonight!

I SAW PEARL JAM
    Ha.
    I ate Fenway Park peanuts for dinner. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Shell on?
    Not this round. 

Honestly, I didn't get to eat much because I spilled most of them losing my goddam mind at that wild game.

Came home, spread a little PB on a raspberry fig bar and peeled a navel orange. So THAT was my dinner.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Ohhh yah. Having some friends over we haven't had over in a loooonnng time,  going all out.

T-bones reverse seared, whipped goat cheese with anchovy parsley salad, and heirloom tomato salad.

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Oh hell yeah. That looks fucking awesome. Where are the steaks from?
    Damn.  I want one!
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Esposito's. Forgot the chimichurri that was in the fridge. Good stuff. Gotta say best thing was the whipped goat cheese with the anchovy parsley salad. Fucking perfect together on a baguette.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Hell yeah. Gonna have to do that goat cheese guy