#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    Sleepy guy is also mega creepy guy.

commenting on how a 6 year old girl looks like she’s 19 with her legs crossed.  Things get to cringe creep level starting at :35. Come on man, that’s just sick!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hKLHVLXtxfo
    Can't find real news to criticize so your headline is "the sleepy guy is the creepy guy"? I love when your side has nothing valid to complain about and this is the best they can come up with. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,417
    whats this now? a post about the day and not one about how mistreated fake news mistreats the greatest president who will ever live?

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    All sitting presidents have done this, no?
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    hedonist said:

Yeah, except Joe is standing.
    Sorry, it's hot here and my brain is fried!  :lol:

But seriously, yes, I would hope so at least.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

hedonist said:

yes. however , recent years there were some added remarks that didnt exactly reflect the occasion.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

Biden honors war dead at Arlington, implores nation to heal
    By CALVIN WOODWARD
    Today

ARLINGTON, Va. (AP) — President Joe Biden honored America’s war dead at Arlington National Cemetery on Memorial Day by laying a wreath at the hallowed burial ground and extolling the sacrifices of the fallen for the pursuit of democracy, “the soul of America.”

Biden invoked the iconic battles of history and joined them to the present as he implored Americans to rise above the divisions straining the union, which he described in stark terms.

The president was joined Monday by first lady Jill Biden, Vice President Kamala Harris and second gentleman Doug Emhoff in a somber ceremony at the Virginia cemetery’s Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, which is dedicated to deceased service members whose remains have not been identified.

His face tight with emotion, Biden walked up to the wreath, cupping it in his hands in silent reflection, then making the sign of the cross. His eyes were wet. The gathered dignitaries and military families were hushed and solemn; the chattering of cicadas loud.

In remarks that followed, Biden called on Americans to commemorate their fallen heroes by remembering their fight for the nation’s ideals.

"This nation was built on an idea,” Biden said. “We were built on an idea, the idea of liberty and opportunity for all. We’ve never fully realized that aspiration of our founders, but every generation has opened the door a little wider.”

He focused much of his speech on the importance of democracy, saying it thrives when citizens can vote, when there is a free press and when there are equal rights for all.

“Generation after generation of American heroes are signed up to be part of the fight because they understand the truth that lives in every American heart: that liberation, opportunity, justice are far more likely to come to pass in a democracy than in an autocracy,” Biden said. “These Americans weren’t fighting for dictators, they were fighting for democracy. They weren’t fighting to exclude or to enslave, they were fighting to build and broaden and liberate."

But he suggested these ideals are imperiled.

“The soul of America is animated by the perennial battle between our worst instincts, which we’ve seen of late, and our better angels,” he said. "Between Me First and We the People. Between greed and generosity, cruelty and kindness, captivity and freedom.”

After the ceremony, the Bidens stopped by a row of gravestones in a cemetery where some 400,000 are buried in the gentle hills and hollows.

The Bidens held hands and strolled along the rows of Section 12, one of the primary burial locations of service members killed overseas and repatriated to the United States after World War II and the Korean War. They stopped to chat with several families visiting the graves of their loved ones or searching for them — one family came to find a great-uncle missing in action from the world war.

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin and Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, joined Biden and Harris in the ceremony.

On Sunday, Biden addressed a crowd of Gold Star military families and other veterans in a ceremony at War Memorial Plaza in New Castle, Delaware. Earlier in the day, he and other family members attended a memorial Mass for his son Beau Biden, a veteran who died of brain cancer six years ago to the day.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    and the right is freaking out that Kamala tweeted "have a nice weekend". 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    Anyone freaking out yet about her remarks to immigrants to not come here? 
    nicknyr15 said:
    Encouraging immigration via the immigration process isn't cause for freaking out. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    nicknyr15 said:
    Encouraging immigration via the immigration process isn't cause for freaking out. 
    Dude we all know that if POOTWH had made those remarks some people around here would be losing their heads.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    I was pleased with her remarks. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Dude we all know that if POOTWH had made those remarks some people around here would be losing their heads.
    How it's done matters. if it was said in an all caps tweet at 3am, yeah, people would scoff at it. but when you make an official visit, and say it the way Kamala did, I don't have an issue with it. 

Kamala has also never called people south of the US border "rapists and murderers", so, you know, there's a slight difference there. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    How it's done matters. if it was said in an all caps tweet at 3am, yeah, people would scoff at it. but when you make an official visit, and say it the way Kamala did, I don't have an issue with it. 

Kamala has also never called people south of the US border "rapists and murderers", so, you know, there's a slight difference there. 
    I know right? I mean, if you just took that one sentence completely out of context, yeah it's bad. That would be a rough equivalent of a mean 3 am tweet from Trump.

But the context of her actually visiting to determine the root cause of the problem and everything else she said matters to rational people. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Even though I agree with her, I 100% agree with you. 
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Because POOTWH visited those "shit hole" countries exactly how many times? And what else did he do other than manufacture a crisis on the border and build portions of a failing wall that Mexico was going to pay for? Same-same for you, huh?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Probably, but that's because comments are not evaluated in a vacuum.  They are informed by the context and the history of other comments made by an individual.  
    edited June 2021
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Why would you guys choose to take things completely out of context? You are saying if Trump took the time to travel to Guatemala and devote time and energy to discover the root cause of the immigration issue and then gave the exact same speech as Kamala did, you think people would be losing their minds? Nothing could be more absurd. 

You sound like the ones who's minds are lost as Trump is physically and mentally incapable of doing anything she did on that trip. 

But, sure, yeah...go ahead and take a completely out of context sentence and compare it to a Trump 3 am mean tweet. Same thing. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited June 2021
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Why would you guys choose to take things completely out of context? You are saying if Trump took the time to travel to Guatemala and devote time and energy to discover the root cause of the immigration issue and then gave the exact same speech as Kamala did, you think people would be losing their minds? Nothing could be more absurd. 

You sound like the ones who's minds are lost as Trump is physically and mentally incapable of doing anything she did on that trip. 

But, sure, yeah...go ahead and take a completely out of context sentence and compare it to a Trump 3 am mean tweet. Same thing. 
    Cool. And who’s comparing it to Trump? All that was said was that if if Trump said the exact same thing in the exact same context , people here would lose their shit. And I agree with that. 
    Post edited by nicknyr15 on
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Because POOTWH visited those "shit hole" countries exactly how many times? And what else did he do other than manufacture a crisis on the border and build portions of a failing wall that Mexico was going to pay for? Same-same for you, huh?
    Yes.
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Cool. And who’s comparing it to Trump? All that was said was that if if Trump said the exact same thing in the exact same context , people here would lose their shit. And I agree with that. 
    You are. And it's insane.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

uh, sorry to break it to you, but "if trump made those same remarks..." is the definition of a comparison. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

uh, sorry to break it to you, but "if trump made those same remarks..." is the definition of a comparison. 
    Pretty sure he's kidding at this point. Making zero sense. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Yes.
    No wonder this country is in the shape its in.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Zero sense? Man you guys are so full
    of yourselves sometimes. . If Trump said the exact same thing as Kamala did, people here would be losing their mind. It’s simple. It’s my opinion. That’s it. Im not In here bashing or being condescending. Just stating my opinion. What’s the problem?? Agree to
    disagree and move on 
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

of yourselves sometimes. . If Trump said the exact same thing as Kamala did, people here would be losing their mind. It’s simple. It’s my opinion. That’s it. Im not In here bashing or being condescending. Just stating my opinion. What’s the problem?? Agree to
    disagree and move on 
    Yes, we would lose our minds, but it's because of every other thing he has said to disparage other cultures and communities (shit hole countries, rapists, etc.). So again, context and history matter here.  You can't just read a statement in isolation, ignoring a person's entire history of comments. 
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

disagree and move on 
    And we're just sharing our opinions of your opinion. See how it works?

Brilliantati©
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

disagree and move on 
    Well.... you said you were not comparing it Trump when that is literally exactly what you're doing. So that was confusing to me. I really did think you were kidding because of how little sense it made. Sorry.

You also started by taking a quote out of context and then, when called out, switched gears to saying if the entire thing happened the same exact same way yada yada yada....

I don't know man. I was just trying to figure it out. But, yeah okay. Agree to disagree...I guess! lol

chinese-happy.jpg
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

disagree and move on 
    Yes, we would lose our minds, but it's because of every other thing he has said to disparage other cultures and communities (shit hole countries, rapists, etc.). So again, context and history matter here.  You can't just read a statement in isolation, ignoring a person's entire history of comments. 
    I understand where you’re coming from. I appreciate your comment.  
    edited June 2021
    So much winning.

Global approval of the United States has rebounded under Biden, survey finds

President Biden has promised the world that “America is back.”

As he takes his first trip abroad as president, a Pew Research Center global survey released Thursday shows that many in advanced economies believe it.

Trust in the U.S. president fell to historic lows in most countries surveyed during Donald Trump’s presidency, according to Pew.

Under Biden, it has soared. In the 12 countries surveyed both this year and last, a median of 75 percent of respondents expressed confidence in Biden to “do the right thing regarding world affairs,” Pew found, compared with 17 percent for Trump last year. Sixty-two percent of respondents now have a favorable view of the United States vs. 34 percent at the end of Trump’s presidency.

“The election of Joe Biden as president has led to a dramatic shift in America’s international image,” the Pew report reads.

The findings come a day after Biden touched down in England on the first leg of a whirlwind trip through Europe. On his agenda: a meeting of the Group of Seven nations in Cornwall, a NATO summit in Brussels, and tête-à-têtes with British Prime Minister Boris Johnson, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and Russian President Vladimir Putin.

In an op-ed in The Washington Post, Biden cast his voyage as a sort of redemption tour — a chance to revitalize the nation’s strained alliances and rally like-minded democracies to “meet the challenges and deter the threats of this new age.”

The Pew findings suggest that he will encounter leaders whose publics are confident in his leadership and supportive of key foreign policy priorities.

The United States’ favorability rating grew at least 23 percentage points from last year in France, Germany, Italy and the United Kingdom, and a majority of respondents in all four view the country positively.

Among all 16 publics surveyed this spring, German Chancellor Angela Merkel ranks just ahead of Biden in the percentage of respondents who said they trust the leader’s decision-making on world affairs, with a median score of 77 percent. But Biden, with 74 percent, garnered higher rates of confidence than French President Emmanuel Macron, Putin and Chinese President Xi Jinping.

“In many cases, however, the share who have confidence in Biden is not as high as the share who had confidence in [President Barack] Obama at the start or end of his presidency,” the Pew report notes.

Article continues

Pew survey: Global approval of the U.S. has rebounded under Biden - The Washington Post

Brilliantati©
    trumpsters preferred when the world hated the US. they somehow thought that equated to "respect" or "fear". 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD