Options

#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590
    Shush. Just trying to enjoy the Dead on Halloween 
    For such a "high roller" you sure do have shitty seats. Shocking. 

Who's your president????
    I was assuming that after his morning round of 18 at Pebble Beach and an afternoon surfing the break at Mavericks that he would have helicoptered in to the Burbank heliport and chauffeured to his seats in the Front Row.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,797
    Shush. Just trying to enjoy the Dead on Halloween 
    For such a "high roller" you sure do have shitty seats. Shocking. 

Who's your president????
    I was assuming that after his morning round of 18 at Pebble Beach and an afternoon surfing the break at Mavericks that he would have helicoptered in to the Burbank heliport and chauffeured to his seats in the Front Row.

A bunch of heli-pads in Hollywood which I would think would cater to big-timer Trump donor-types.
    Shit, you can even have one on top of your house, in those hills.  ;)

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    nicknyr15 said:
    That Lincoln project story is fucking ridiculous. Surprised/not surprised nobody has brought it up here. 
    Just looked this up.  More proof that the lincoln project is garbage, like more proof was ever needed.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,079
    Let me get this straight.  Now you weirdos are pretending to be racist? Or are racist? Which is it? WTF lincoln project. You left are fucking weird. 

FJB
    you think the lincoln project are left?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,923
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    That Lincoln project story is fucking ridiculous. Surprised/not surprised nobody has brought it up here. 
    Just looked this up.  More proof that the lincoln project is garbage, like more proof was ever needed.
    Like I say all the time , when you agree with something it’s hard to see through the bullshit. Politics has became like religion to some people. Lincoln project is so cool because they make awesome anti trump ads! No better than fox or any of these other agenda based “news” outlets. Then people wonder why nobody trusts the news, or dare to question the vaccine. How selfish. 
  • Options
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I didn't think they were THIS bad though. 

Here's the whole story if people aren't aware....

Lincoln Project Claims Credit For Tiki Torch Stunt By Glenn Youngkin's Bus | HuffPost Latest News

All stuff like this does is empower the GOP. When conservatives want to suggest that there were people posing as Trump supporters on January 6th at the capitol, it's sounds silly. But then you see an anti-Trump organization like the Lincoln Project take credit for sending fake white supremacists to a republican politician's campaign rally. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Where’s the outrage for Project Veritas and all their stunts? Oh, here come the righteous with “two wrongs don’t make a right” and “see, both sides, blah, blah, blah.” Funny thing is, when you’re wrestling with shit that comes out of the gutter, you sometimes have to get down into the gutter. And watching repubs eat their own is glorious. The Lincoln Project is hardly a dem or lib construct. Too funny.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,800
    They took a page from those two idiots who kept trying stunts over the last few years.  Can't recall their names but they are under felony indictment right now. 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,454
    edited November 2021
    They're not afraid to play a little dirty, whereas the democrats are vastly afraid of wading into those waters. All they did was try to remind people that Youngkin supports the guy who 'bothsided' that  horrible event that took place in that state a couple years ago. This stunt seemed to backfire but...so what? lol The democrats have done more than their fair share of blowing what should have been a surefire win there on Tuesday...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    They're not afraid to play a little dirty, whereas the democrats are vastly afraid of wading into those waters. All they did was try to remind people that Youngkin supports the guy who 'bothsided' that  horrible event that took place in that state a couple years ago. This stunt seemed to backfire but...so what? lol The democrats have done more than their fair share of blowing what should have been a surefire win there on Tuesday...
    The GOP hasn't put up a center right candidate in forever here.  This was going to be a challenge either way. Plus Terry is old blood, as a former governor.  I think it will be close and about turnout... who is more motivated.  I early voted Friday and it was packed.  

I'm more worried about the coat trails of the delegates than the actual governor,  to be honest. 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,927
    The Lincoln Project tiki torch demonstration in Charlottesville is simply street theater which is an effective way to bring attention to an issue.  It was used very effectively during the Vietnam war to help bring an end to that atrocity.  I'm surprised to see so many left-leaning folks here denounce that demonstration.  To me it kind of reflects a weakness that is pervasive in the left.  It's no wonder the hard right is taking over. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    The Lincoln Project tiki torch demonstration in Charlottesville is simply street theater which is an effective way to bring attention to an issue.  It was used very effectively during the Vietnam war to help bring an end to that atrocity.  I'm surprised to see so many left-leaning folks here denounce that demonstration.  To me it kind of reflects a weakness that is pervasive in the left.  It's no wonder the hard right is taking over. 
    only because in today's day, it gives the right fodder for the whole "Jan 6 was antifa disguised as MAGA". 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    brianlux said:
    This is the correct take, folks. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    only because in today's day, it gives the right fodder for the whole "Jan 6 was antifa disguised as MAGA". 

Except that there is a ton of information showing that Trump was hugely influential in making January 6 happen (see last night's Heather Cox Richards letter in Mickeyrat's thread) and the Lincoln Party claimed responsibility for their demonstration.  I have to stand by my words above and I'm not at all opposed to street theater.  The left needs to start taking some lessons from their own past and toughen up and we are going to be beaten down by an angry and aggressive far right.  History will bear me out on this. It's damn scary.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Except that there is a ton of information showing that Trump was hugely influential in making January 6 happen (see last night's Heather Cox Richards letter in Mickeyrat's thread) and the Lincoln Party claimed responsibility for their demonstration.  I have to stand by my words above and I'm not at all opposed to street theater.  The left needs to start taking some lessons from their own past and toughen up and we are going to be beaten down by an angry and aggressive far right.  History will bear me out on this. It's damn scary.
    I get it. i honestly don't care what they did either way. I'm just saying sometimes it takes more effort to fight back false claims than it is to stage something like that in the first place. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,128
    brianlux said:
    agreed....everyone knew they were fake right?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

I get it. i honestly don't care what they did either way. I'm just saying sometimes it takes more effort to fight back false claims than it is to stage something like that in the first place. 
    True.
    brianlux said:

I hope so but reading some news sources and certain forums, you would think not.  I'm really puzzled about that.  It's so obvious they were parodying, not actually supporting racists!

• Options
    brianlux said:

I hope so but reading some news sources and certain forums, you would think not.  I'm really puzzled about that.  It's so obvious they were parodying, not actually supporting racists!
    I'm not so sure they were doing either of these. They're obviously not supporting actual racists. But there's a difference between parodying and impersonating. If they're dressed like the white supremacists from that Charlottesville rally a few years ago, I think they're trying to make it look like those sort of people are supporting Youngkin and coming out to his political rallies. If one of them was wearing a shirt saying something like "I voted for Trump and all I got was this stupid tiki torch," then I guess that could qualify as parodying the Charlottesville rally. But just dressing up like them is not a parody. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

True.
    brianlux said:

but that's the problem. right wing twitter reports that the lincoln project ("the left" LOL) are the real racists and they fucking believe it. and gives credence to the false flag narrative they all lap up constantly. there's really no winning in scenarios like these. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

True.
    brianlux said:

but that's the problem. right wing twitter reports that the lincoln project ("the left" LOL) are the real racists and they fucking believe it. and gives credence to the false flag narrative they all lap up constantly. there's really no winning in scenarios like these. 
    To take this further, we have had a few anti Semitic incidents here in Austin recently.  The right wing media is blaming liberals, Critical race Theory and basically saying that the left are the true propagators of racism and that CRT is a tool to make people more racist etc...So LP pulling something like this definitely gives some legitimacy to that claim in the eyes of the right.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    brianlux said:

I'm not so sure they were doing either of these. They're obviously not supporting actual racists. But there's a difference between parodying and impersonating. If they're dressed like the white supremacists from that Charlottesville rally a few years ago, I think they're trying to make it look like those sort of people are supporting Youngkin and coming out to his political rallies. If one of them was wearing a shirt saying something like "I voted for Trump and all I got was this stupid tiki torch," then I guess that could qualify as parodying the Charlottesville rally. But just dressing up like them is not a parody. 

OK, "impersonating" if you prefer.   But my point is, their action was carried out to serve this purpose:
    ""Today's demonstration was our way of reminding Virginians what happened in Charlottesville four years ago, the Republican Party's embrace of those values[racism, white supremacy], and Glenn Youngkin's failure to condemn it," the conservative group said in a statement."
    https://www.businessinsider.com/lincoln-project-sends-fake-white-supremacists-to-virginia-gop-event-2021-10
    Where is this shirt you speak of?

A small group of demonstrators dressed as Unite the Right rally-goers with tiki torches stand on a sidewalk as Republican candidate for governor of Virginia Glenn Youngkin arrives on his bus for a campaign event at a Mexican restaurant in Charlottesville Virginia US October 29 2021image

• Options
    brianlux said:

Where is this shirt you speak of?
    I said IF they were wearing a shirt like that, it'd be more of a parody. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Here is the Lincoln Project's statement about the Charlottesville incident:

October 29, 2021 — Today, The Lincoln Project released the following statement:

“Glenn Youngkin has said: ‘President Trump represents so much of why I am running.’ Youngkin proves it every day by trying to divide Virginians using racial code words like Critical Race Theory and supporting a ban on teaching the works of America’s only Black Nobel laureate.

“The Lincoln Project has run advertisements highlighting the hate unleashed in Charlottesville as well as Glenn Youngkin’s continued failure to denounce Donald Trump’s ‘very fine people on both sides.’ We will continue to draw this contrast in broadcast videos, on our social media platforms, and at Youngkin rallies.

“Today’s demonstration was our way of reminding Virginians what happened in Charlottesville four years ago, the Republican Party’s embrace of those values, and Glenn Youngkin’s failure to condemn it.

“The Youngkin campaign is enraged by our reminder of Charlottesville for one simple reason: Glenn Youngkin wants Virginians to forget that he is Donald Trump’s candidate.

“We will continue to hold Glenn Youngkin accountable. If he will denounce Trump’s assertion that the Charlottesville rioters possessed ‘very fine’ qualities, we’ll withdraw the tiki torches. Until then, we’ll be back.”

https://lincolnproject.us/statement-from-the-lincoln-project-5/

This further raises questions in my mind as to why some "progressives" find this objectionable.

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590
    edited November 2021
    static111 said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

True.
    brianlux said:

To take this further, we have had a few anti Semitic incidents here in Austin recently.  The right wing media is blaming liberals, Critical race Theory and basically saying that the left are the true propagators of racism and that CRT is a tool to make people more racist etc...So LP pulling something like this definitely gives some legitimacy to that claim in the eyes of the right.
    They're afraid of CRT because it exposes and teaches the truth about slavery and racism. But also because they think it's going to make school children racist towards white people. And they're afraid of the demise of white people in America which is happening anyway.
  • Options
    static111 said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

True.
    brianlux said:

Progressives aren't the racists.  They are the new Puritans.  
  • Options
    brianlux said:

“Glenn Youngkin has said: ‘President Trump represents so much of why I am running.’ Youngkin proves it every day by trying to divide Virginians using racial code words like Critical Race Theory and supporting a ban on teaching the works of America’s only Black Nobel laureate.

“The Lincoln Project has run advertisements highlighting the hate unleashed in Charlottesville as well as Glenn Youngkin’s continued failure to denounce Donald Trump’s ‘very fine people on both sides.’ We will continue to draw this contrast in broadcast videos, on our social media platforms, and at Youngkin rallies.

“Today’s demonstration was our way of reminding Virginians what happened in Charlottesville four years ago, the Republican Party’s embrace of those values, and Glenn Youngkin’s failure to condemn it.

“The Youngkin campaign is enraged by our reminder of Charlottesville for one simple reason: Glenn Youngkin wants Virginians to forget that he is Donald Trump’s candidate.

“We will continue to hold Glenn Youngkin accountable. If he will denounce Trump’s assertion that the Charlottesville rioters possessed ‘very fine’ qualities, we’ll withdraw the tiki torches. Until then, we’ll be back.”

This further raises questions in my mind as to why some "progressives" find this objectionable.

I don't find it objectionable. I find it ineffective. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    brianlux said:
    It's not a big deal at all. They said it was them that day. lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    brianlux said:

That's cool. 
    I'm not trying to target anyone here here individually, just responding to the views some people and some media in general.  I also think the misrepresentation of the action is what makes it less effective than it could be. 

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,326
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

That's cool. 
    I'm not trying to target anyone here here individually, just responding to the views some people and some media in general.  I also think the misrepresentation of the action is what makes it less effective than it could be. 

what it really shows is how lazy media is in general. but lets rake political operatives doing what they have always done over the coals.

they arent roger stone level douchebags in their work. but they are not ones to pull punches.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,923
    static111 said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

True.
    brianlux said:

They're afraid of CRT because it exposes and teaches the truth about slavery and racism. But also because they think it's going to make school children racist towards white people. And they're afraid of the demise of white people in America which is happening anyway.
    😂😂 what is “the demise of white people”? What does that even mean?