2020 Fall North American rumour thread

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,318
    CO278952 said:
    So people who are vaccinated will demask, and people unvaccinated who hate masks will demask. How will you know the difference walking down the street.
    The ones that aren’t vaccinated may get sick. The ones that are vaccinated won’t. 

Not true.

• JE224127JE224127 Fairhope, AL Posts: 297
    Just read where a Yankees player had COVID, got fully vaccinated and just tested positive again today.
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    demetrios said:
    CO278952 said:
    So people who are vaccinated will demask, and people unvaccinated who hate masks will demask. How will you know the difference walking down the street.
    The ones that aren’t vaccinated may get sick. The ones that are vaccinated won’t. 

Not true.

You could also get struck by lightning.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    No vaccine is 100% effective. That’s not new. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • JE224127JE224127 Fairhope, AL Posts: 297
    Agree 100%, wasn’t trying to say otherwise. There is no silver bullet here nor will there ever be. We just have to do our best and move on.
  • Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 722
    ComeToTX said:
    No vaccine is 100% effective. That’s not new. 
    Yep. The mRNA vaccines are also incredibly effective compared to typical vaccines.

I don't like all the defeatism around easing restrictions and returning to normal for vaccinated people. This is the off ramp. This has to work. And if this isn't good enough, then nothing ever will be and we're all fucked.

FURTHERMORE: Those in the US have been extremely fortunate and privileged to have ample access to the vaccine. Don't squander this. We need as many people as possible to get it, and it does not help at all to tell them that all they have to look forward to post-vaccination is more of the same restrictions.
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    DM282158 said:
    We’ve all had our own experience with this over the last 14 months and counting. Lost jobs, businesses on the brink, lost loved ones, sickness. And all can certainly lead to fear, anxiety, frustration, anger, and deep depression. One of the few things I’ve learned is that I’m never going to change anyone’s mind. And I cant live in anyone else’s shoes. I don’t post on here often. And I literally don’t know any of you. But we all love this band. And no matter how we’ve dealt with this pandemic; how it’s affected us; what we think of the job the CDC and governments are doing; and who we voted for.... we all just want the same damn things. And in this circle - to enjoy and see our favorite band again and enjoy some beverages together. No matter of differences we may have regarding the above. I’ve never met ya’ll but feel a connection through being excited in these threads for shows, new music, etc. That’s what counts. Big cheers and turn it to 11. Can’t  wait for the next one and to enjoy new conversations with new people before rocking the F out. 
    Well said. 
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,765
    DM282158 said:
    We’ve all had our own experience with this over the last 14 months and counting. Lost jobs, businesses on the brink, lost loved ones, sickness. And all can certainly lead to fear, anxiety, frustration, anger, and deep depression. One of the few things I’ve learned is that I’m never going to change anyone’s mind. And I cant live in anyone else’s shoes. I don’t post on here often. And I literally don’t know any of you. But we all love this band. And no matter how we’ve dealt with this pandemic; how it’s affected us; what we think of the job the CDC and governments are doing; and who we voted for.... we all just want the same damn things. And in this circle - to enjoy and see our favorite band again and enjoy some beverages together. No matter of differences we may have regarding the above. I’ve never met ya’ll but feel a connection through being excited in these threads for shows, new music, etc. That’s what counts. Big cheers and turn it to 11. Can’t  wait for the next one and to enjoy new conversations with new people before rocking the F out. 
     Four things I want to say

1) well said
    2) you should post more often 
    3) you should formally meet us, we’re not as bad as we sound
    4) rumour has it that Pearl Jam is going to play Toronto in 2022.......or 2021 

1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    We need to eradicate covid. Having it dance around the unvaccinated population will just help it mutate. Reaching heard immunity is the best way to do that. As is with every other disease/vaccine.

I digress. Rumor has it Ed may or may not bring the cowbell to SHN.  

Sidebar: Can’t Deny Me would be amusing if they had concerts where they literally denied the unvaxed.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,225
    demetrios said:
    CO278952 said:

Not true.

Anyone is welcome to where a mask forever 
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    We need to eradicate covid. Having it dance around the unvaccinated population will just help it mutate. Reaching heard immunity is the best way to do that. As is with every other disease/vaccine.

Sidebar: Can’t Deny Me would be amusing if they had concerts where they literally denied the unvaxed.
    The cowbell comment immediately after the covid statement is priceless.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171

The cowbell comment immediately after the covid statement is priceless.
    😂 had to lighten the mood.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    Covid 19 will not be eradicated in our lifetimes.  That was never the goal.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    ComeToTX said:
    Covid 19 will not be eradicated in our lifetimes.  That was never the goal.
    This ^
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    Of the 8 vaccinated Yankees who tested positive for COVID-19, only 1 had any symptoms and those were mild. Perfect demonstration of the power of the vaccines.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,159
    Lollapalooza confirmed for 2021 end of July - Aug 1.  Announcement on lineup within a week.  PJ? A festival run until fall arena shows? 
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    We just gotta do it until we flatten the curve.

wait, that was a while ago wasn’t it.

I had to police 10 people at work today.  Just put a fuckin mask on or go outside and call your order in and we’ll bring it to your ass. It’s not that hard and I get it, I wear one 60+ hours a week, it blows.  

I don’t wear one outside and never have and you better believe next week I’m removing our indoor rules, vaxxed or not, I don’t care.  If you’re balsy enough to not wear one and you haven’t been vaxxed, sucks to be you, you may lose, but you crazy fucks are pissing me off and I don’t want to fight anymore with customers.

mu job isn’t to police people or to put my staff in that role.  Next week it’s “masks are preferred and appreciated, but optional.”
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 624
    Lollapalooza confirmed for 2021 end of July - Aug 1.  Announcement on lineup within a week. 
    Have any tickets been sold for this yet?  I went to the website, and it just asks for your email address to sign-up for ticket updates.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    edited May 2021
    Here's my take:

Masks definitely help curb the spread. If you're having sex with someone you don't know, it's definitely wise to use a condom. Why anyone would have promiscuous unprotected sex is anyone's guess.

Yet with COVID, it seems to be a different story. "Who cares if you get sick and pass it around? It may not put you in the hospital!"

Now imagine if HIV could spread just because you're standing beside an infected person while waiting to cross the street.

But half the country belittles people for protecting their own lives and the lives of the community as a whole. This...makes no sense.

Masks were one type of condom in the analogy. Now we have a condom that is 95% effective. Just like how condoms break, no vaccine is 100% effective. But even the dumbest people know that 95 is higher than zero.

Isn't part of Pearl Jam's mantra to take care of each other?

If you're in a crowded group of people, it's definitely wise to wear a mask, especially indoors. Outside, walking the dog is one thing. At a crowded bar is another story.

If you're unvaccinated (including kids), for any reason, once the restrictions roll back, infection rates will rise. The best protection? Get the vaccine.

Check this out... 2-3 years in the future, you get sick with a seasonal flu, wear a mask. Stay home. Prevent it spreading. One of the reasons why the seasonal flu was down so much this past winter was due to masking and working from home. Before COVID, people would go to work sick, they'd touch everything in sight and guess what? Their co-worker's kid would end up passing it to everyone at school.

Frankly, it's pathetic that so many employers have terrible sick policies. Nobody should ever have to go to work with a transmissible disease.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,765
    So now that we have a “rumour”  about a dozen shows will be added to Ohana beginning in early September does anybody care to speculate?  Would this be the Leg 2 that was to be fall 2020?  Does anybody remember what was rumoured ? 
      A remember talk concerning 2 Chicago shows followed by Milwaukee, Madison. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    D-Rod said:
    So now that we have a “rumour”  about a dozen shows will be added to Ohana beginning in early September does anybody care to speculate?  Would this be the Leg 2 that was to be fall 2020?  Does anybody remember what was rumoured ? 
      A remember talk concerning 2 Chicago shows followed by Milwaukee, Madison. 
    All arenas. No way it is that and happening early September. Gotta be sheds and other outdoor venues. Curious if ballparks would be in play too if this rumour is true. 
  • ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 624
    Lot of outdoor options available in the Chicago area!  Alpine Valley, Northerly Island, Wrigley, (Guaranteed Rate), Bridgeview, Soldier Field, Tinley Park.  Just sayin',
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • lastexit78lastexit78 Posts: 612
    Here's my take:

Masks definitely help curb the spread. If you're having sex with someone you don't know, it's definitely wise to use a condom. Why anyone would have promiscuous unprotected sex is anyone's guess.

Yet with COVID, it seems to be a different story. "Who cares if you get sick and pass it around? It may not put you in the hospital!"

Now imagine if HIV could spread just because you're standing beside an infected person while waiting to cross the street.

But half the country belittles people for protecting their own lives and the lives of the community as a whole. This...makes no sense.

Masks were one type of condom in the analogy. Now we have a condom that is 95% effective. Just like how condoms break, no vaccine is 100% effective. But even the dumbest people know that 95 is higher than zero.

Isn't part of Pearl Jam's mantra to take care of each other?

If you're in a crowded group of people, it's definitely wise to wear a mask, especially indoors. Outside, walking the dog is one thing. At a crowded bar is another story.

If you're unvaccinated (including kids), for any reason, once the restrictions roll back, infection rates will rise. The best protection? Get the vaccine.

Check this out... 2-3 years in the future, you get sick with a seasonal flu, wear a mask. Stay home. Prevent it spreading. One of the reasons why the seasonal flu was down so much this past winter was due to masking and working from home. Before COVID, people would go to work sick, they'd touch everything in sight and guess what? Their co-worker's kid would end up passing it to everyone at school.

Frankly, it's pathetic that so many employers have terrible sick policies. Nobody should ever have to go to work with a transmissible disease.
    Sorry, the HIV debate is ridiculous. Untreated AIDS has a case fatality rate of 100%. COVID under 1% when you count all the uncounted cases. Also slow down on the flu victory parade. Yes the flu basically vanished but it came at a huge cost, Millions unemployed, families separated and my kid basically lost a year and a half of school. I’d take a severe flu season any day I’m guessing almost every American would agree. Also enough with the 95% number as well. Fatalities for those vaccinated was at something like 1 per million the last I saw. These vaccines are almost 100% effective at preventing death and serious illness. They are also effective in preventing spread which multiple studies have proven. This was the big reason for the CDC’s updates yesterday. We definitely agree on employee sick policies though, hopefully that’s something that changes for the best because of all this. Best thing I can say going forward is encourage people to get vaccinated but if they refuse still accept them into society. Do we berate Ed when he smokes on stage? After all he’s killing himself and tobacco has been an enormous burden on our healthcare system for longer than any of have been alive. Plus that second hand smoke is lethal. Of course we don’t, we wish he’d stop smoking but we enjoy the show and hope he doesn’t get sick. That’s how I’m choosing to look at COVID going forward, hopefully Americans feel the same and we can start focusing on the environment, healthcare and other more important issues. We have a cure for COVID, it’s basically within a 5 minute drive of every American, time to move on.
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 1,990
    Of the 8 vaccinated Yankees who tested positive for COVID-19, only 1 had any symptoms and those were mild. Perfect demonstration of the power of the vaccines.
    Not only that: there were ~25 people in the locker room with Nevin for 2 hours during the rain delay. There are 7 additional positive cases (none symptomatic). Virtually everyone involved had the J&J vaccine, which tests showed had a ~67% efficacy rate. Do the math, it worked exactly as advertised. 
  • tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 879
    ddeschler said:
    Lollapalooza confirmed for 2021 end of July - Aug 1.  Announcement on lineup within a week. 
    Have any tickets been sold for this yet?  I went to the website, and it just asks for your email address to sign-up for ticket updates.
    No I don’t even think the date has been announced. The only news I saw was that they got the green light from the city. No official announcement yet
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170

This weekend we rock Portland
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 875
    edited May 2021
    D-Rod said:
    DM282158 said:
     Four things I want to say

1) well said
    2) you should post more often 
    3) you should formally meet us, we’re not as bad as we sound
    4) rumour has it that Pearl Jam is going to play Toronto in 2022.......or 2021 

agreed!
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    edited May 2021
    Poncier said:

…soooo Pearl Jam Wrigley to fill a vacant 2021 date? Will be interesting to see if other multi-city tours postpone while the fests announce lineups.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I thought I saw something on twitter saying that PJ is starting their tour in June 2022 in Amsterdam.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD