Meanwhile back in Israel

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    nevermind. i am trying to watch the imbed on this forum. i can look it up on youtube on my phone. 

will watch it later when i have a bit more time.
    Where you at big man?  Show yourself for what you are.
    Go away, just a week ago you were calling Biden a old senile man today he’s your hero lol screw Israel they’ve been stomping Palestinians to death for years! What do you suppose Palestine do leave to where? Or do you want them exterminated? Please tell us your utopian plan for that region? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Videogame site IGN adds palestine flag on website. I myself can't see it, I am being redirected to their "nordic" site.

Together with this tweet from last page:

Maybe something you should do at pearljam.com @Sea @Kat ?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Idris Elba:

seems like a better human being than Joe Biden:

Where all the rats at?  Cmon!!!!   Where you at anti semites!!! Speak up.   
    If being critical of Isarel, means you are not only a "rat" but also an "anti semite". 

Then what are these people? LIke, in a sentence, or maybe two?

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    nevermind. i am trying to watch the imbed on this forum. i can look it up on youtube on my phone. 

will watch it later when i have a bit more time.
    Where you at big man?  Show yourself for what you are.
    looks like i have my own MTG to ignore.

i'm flattered, but not interested, bud.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    never ceases to amaze me how certain posters just cannot grasp the concept that a person can be critical of israeli government/military policies and also not be anti-semitic.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

edited May 2021
    this is like me calling the edson person anti american because he hates biden and the democrats in charge of 2 of the 3 branches of the government.

or calling him anti-black if he has a blue lives matter bumper sticker.

or calling him anti-arab because he supports the slaughter of palestinians full stop.

it sometimes sucks having a brain that can see and grasp nuance.
    Post edited by gimmesometruth27 on

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    this is like me calling the edson person anti american because he hates biden and the democrats in charge of 2 of the 3 branches of the government.

or calling him anti-arab because he supports the slaughter of palestinians full stop.

He is anti American,  and specifically anti- Constitution.  You cannot support Trump today and the Constitution.  They are fundamentally at odds 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408

gimme Palestinians are a Semitic people too

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:

gimme Palestinians are a Semitic people too

true

This conflict is a series of small skirmishes that have escalated. Add in that Iran is pulling strings behind the scenes as payback for the series of recent Israeli strikes AND internal Palestinian political upheaval.  Remember Abbas just canceled elections again, as a political attack against Hamas. Abbas is now in year 16 of a four year term.  

There is no good guy and bad guy in this conflict.  It's all so sad. 
    mrussel1 said:
    This conflict is a series of small skirmishes that have escalated. Add in that Iran is pulling strings behind the scenes as payback for the series of recent Israeli strikes AND internal Palestinian political upheaval.  Remember Abbas just canceled elections again, as a political attack against Hamas. Abbas is now in year 16 of a four year term.  

i saw an article/editorial last night from nbc finally saying we need to stop giving israel the $3.8 billion a year in military aid. the comments section was worse than the comments sections from my local newspapers and local tv news stations.

the lack of basic knowledge on this topic is really sad.

• benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    mrussel1 said:

Also add in that Netanyahu has an election he'd like to win. Antagonization and escalation are pretty common just before a Netanyahu election (of which, what are we up to now, six?)
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    mrussel1 said:

i saw an article/editorial last night from nbc finally saying we need to stop giving israel the $3.8 billion a year in military aid. the comments section was worse than the comments sections from my local newspapers and local tv news stations.

I'm not even sure I agree with that.  When Isreal tries to take more settlements,  that is infuriating.  But at the same time,  the Iron Dome is needed to protect themselves from the rocket attacks.  When those come,  they are not precise or strategic. Whereas Palestine deliberately hides its artillery in residential areas,  hospitals,  etc. 

I know the 'both sides" is a joke but in this care,  there is blame to be shared. 

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    edited May 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I'm not even sure I agree with that.  When Isreal tries to take more settlements,  that is infuriating.  But at the same time,  the Iron Dome is needed to protect themselves from the rocket attacks.  When those come,  they are not precise or strategic. Whereas Palestine deliberately hides its artillery in residential areas,  hospitals,  etc. 

I know the 'both sides" is a joke but in this care,  there is blame to be shared. 

and they have the means to pay for it.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

then they have the means to pay for it. their gdp was/is in double digits?
    If this is a budget argument,  that's fine.  But it isn't in my mind.  And the Jewish community is large and powerful in the US so I don't see that stopping.  The fact that we're sending them money is the least of my concerns,  honestly. 
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

If this is a budget argument,  that's fine.  But it isn't in my mind.  And the Jewish community is large and powerful in the US so I don't see that stopping.  The fact that we're sending them money is the least of my concerns,  honestly. 
    I feel the military support should be made conditional over the next few years, and should be contingent on demonstrable attempts to stabilize the region and not act in antagonistic ways like seizing additional settlement land.

Until power is threatened, power isn't ceded, and as such, Israel has no incentive to even seek peace as things stand. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I feel the military support should be made conditional over the next few years, and should be contingent on demonstrable attempts to stabilize the region and not act in antagonistic ways like seizing additional settlement land.

Until power is threatened, power isn't ceded, and as such, Israel has no incentive to even seek peace as things stand. 
    Your last statement is true if Israel is dependent on our aid. I have no idea if that's the case or not.  I would be good with conditional support.  Something has to change. 
    israel is basically a rogue nation at this point. the international community is against their military actions but are unable to force them to stop the attacks and stop the escalations.

and here we are, the us, giving them billions of dollars in military equipment a year to not only allow them to do so, but we seemingly encourage it. 

israel is basically a rogue nation at this point. the international community is against their military actions but are unable to force them to stop the attacks and stop the escalations.

and here we are, the us, giving them billions of dollars in military equipment a year to not only allow them to do so, but we seemingly encourage it. 
    Neither party negotiates in good faith. 
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Your last statement is true if Israel is dependent on our aid. I have no idea if that's the case or not.  I would be good with conditional support.  Something has to change. 
    2019's IDF military budget was around $20B, and the US provided $3.8B that year, and an $8B in loan guarantees. That's a pretty material contribution.

EV
    israel has a right to defend itself, yes, but it does not have a right to continue to steal land, displace the people who have lived on that land for generations, bulldoze their homes, and build settlements on that land. to me, that is where their right to defend itself ends.

• Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    israel has a right to defend itself, yes, but it does not have a right to continue to steal land, displace the people who have lived on that land for generations, bulldoze their homes, and build settlements on that land. to me, that is where their right to defend itself ends.
    This is why the ‘both sides’ narrative is BS...it is fundamental to the status quo you describe. 
    This is why the ‘both sides’ narrative is BS...it is fundamental to the status quo you describe. 
    the hamas attacks are in response to the land theft and settlement expansion. those attacks are a symtom and a result of the underlying issue, that crime is being committed in order for israel to expand. 

clearly israel has the right to defend itself by going on offense with overwhelming force, while the palestinians are condemned no matter what they do.

the international community is powerless and unwilling to act on behalf of the the palestinians. any time a world leader speaks out in defense of the palestinians they get called anti semitic and terrorist sympathizers. it happened to me on this board last night.

the propaganda arm of the israeli government is stronger than any i have ever known.

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    So when are you going to return your land back to the peoples of the 1st nations?  America and Canada are the last 2 countries that should be pointing fingers...  this not just a left/right issue.  Governments of both liberal or right pretty much support the same policies...
    Not to mention the last 20 years of bullshit war in Afghanistan and Iraq, and the bullshit proxy war that the US supports in Yemen...all in the name of getting terrorists?
    Give Peas A Chance…
    the hamas attacks are in response to the land theft and settlement expansion. those attacks are a symtom and a result of the underlying issue, that crime is being committed in order for israel to expand. 

clearly israel has the right to defend itself by going on offense with overwhelming force, while the palestinians are condemned no matter what they do.

the international community is powerless and unwilling to act on behalf of the the palestinians. any time a world leader speaks out in defense of the palestinians they get called anti semitic and terrorist sympathizers. it happened to me on this board last night.

the propaganda arm of the israeli government is stronger than any i have ever known.
    This isn't completely true.  Iran absolutely orchestrates attacks as a proxy for their interests. 
    So you're saying Palestine authority and Hamas  are completely in the right every single time? You're arguing there would be peace if there were no settlement expansions? I don't think that's true at all.