#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,429
    edited April 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Let me also add, both of my kids are fully vaxxed.  Not to turn the Biden thread into a vax thread, but...

Let me ask this to the group and see if anyone has had any experience with this...  My wife and I are struggling with the HPV vaccine for my 11 year old daughter.  My mother in law died about 10 years ago of cervical cancer so it is very sensitive for her.  Has anyone had experience with it?  This past year has certainly made us skeptical (obviously, right?).
    Both my daughters had it.  Why has this year made you skeptical of vaccines?  Are you also skeptical of oral contraceptives now that you've learned women have strokes after taking them?
    No issues I presume?  We have a pharmacist friend who did not give it to her three daughters.  To each their own I know, but my wife is scared that since cancer can be hereditary there is chance it will affect her later on.

Honestly, in the past I was so ignorant to things, which I know most will say I still am, I never really knew what was going on.  You need to do this...  OK.  You need to do that....  OK.  I now trust no government, republican or democrat leadership, anymore.  How can you after this past year?
    the government isn't doing the research and developing the vaccine, no matter what the Orange Turd tries to tell people. the government is buying it. it's scientists developing it. 

what advantage do the pharmaceutical companies have to gain from producing a vaccine that will hurt those who take it?

you really have to think about the motivations for things before coming to conclusions. pharma has no motivation for rolling out a vaccine that will make people sick/die, that will cause their stock to crash and end their livelihoods. 
    Just spitballing here, but more sick people, more medicine to produce...  I don't know...

Did you know that the makers of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccine have NEVER rolled out a single product.  Ever.  That's a little scary, right?
    What do you mean "rolled out"?  Are you saying they ahve zero experience in developing vaccines?  Were they making tennis shoes in 2019?  Or is this a word play that they have provided research and technology services to other distributors and partnerships?

if I had to guess it relates to mRNA vaccines
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • gvn2fly1421gvn2fly1421 Posts: 935
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Let me also add, both of my kids are fully vaxxed.  Not to turn the Biden thread into a vax thread, but...

Let me ask this to the group and see if anyone has had any experience with this...  My wife and I are struggling with the HPV vaccine for my 11 year old daughter.  My mother in law died about 10 years ago of cervical cancer so it is very sensitive for her.  Has anyone had experience with it?  This past year has certainly made us skeptical (obviously, right?).
    Both my daughters had it.  Why has this year made you skeptical of vaccines?  Are you also skeptical of oral contraceptives now that you've learned women have strokes after taking them?
    No issues I presume?  We have a pharmacist friend who did not give it to her three daughters.  To each their own I know, but my wife is scared that since cancer can be hereditary there is chance it will affect her later on.

Honestly, in the past I was so ignorant to things, which I know most will say I still am, I never really knew what was going on.  You need to do this...  OK.  You need to do that....  OK.  I now trust no government, republican or democrat leadership, anymore.  How can you after this past year?
    No issues.  My niece is a pharm-d as is her husband and they are strong advocates for vaccines, including the HPV.  
    Thanks!
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

the government isn't doing the research and developing the vaccine, no matter what the Orange Turd tries to tell people. the government is buying it. it's scientists developing it. 

what advantage do the pharmaceutical companies have to gain from producing a vaccine that will hurt those who take it?

you really have to think about the motivations for things before coming to conclusions. pharma has no motivation for rolling out a vaccine that will make people sick/die, that will cause their stock to crash and end their livelihoods. 
    Just spitballing here, but more sick people, more medicine to produce...  I don't know...

Did you know that the makers of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccine have NEVER rolled out a single product.  Ever.  That's a little scary, right?
    What do you mean "rolled out"?  Are you saying they ahve zero experience in developing vaccines?  Were they making tennis shoes in 2019?  Or is this a word play that they have provided research and technology services to other distributors and partnerships?
    BioNTech and Moderna, the two biggest vaccine developers in the West.  How many products have they put on the market?
    It appears you are splitting hairs.  Are you worried that their marketing and sales departments are ineffective?
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Hobbes said:
    81M votes. 
    54% approval rating.

Numbers that matter.

Pathetic.
    I agree that the television ratings are dumb barometer. But that approval rating isn't all that great. It's higher than Trump's after 100 days. But Trump's the worst president ever. According to this Newsweek article, only Ford after pardoning Nixon and Trump after....being Trump, had lower approval ratings at this point.

Joe Biden Approval Rating Beats Only Donald Trump and Gerald Ford's 100-Day Score: Poll (newsweek.com)
    From the article:

• Biden's pandemic relief package won 65 percent approval
    • His handling of the pandemic won 64 percent approval
    • Proposal to raise corporate taxes won 58 percent approval
    • His $2 trillion infrastructure package won 52 percent approval
    • And Biden also won 52 percent approval on his handling of the economy

I like those numbers.
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,482
    Because when you're a failure, you stick around for 11 years and develop partnerships and attract Wall Street capital. And that "rushed" vaccine? 6 years in the making and two decades plus of research behind it. But yea, it was rushed. And we're all just lemmings to President Biden's senility. Is it really this hard?

Key Milestones and Advancements in mRNA Technology - Moderna (modernatx.com)

Company History and Information: mRNA Science - Moderna (modernatx.com)

Partnerships and Researchers: Advancing mRNA - Moderna (modernatx.com)

mRNA Technology: A New Approach to Medicine - Moderna (modernatx.com)

Moderna, Inc. | Home (modernatx.com)
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited April 2021
    Hobbes said:
    81M votes. 
    54% approval rating.

Numbers that matter.

Pathetic.
    I agree that the television ratings are dumb barometer. But that approval rating isn't all that great. It's higher than Trump's after 100 days. But Trump's the worst president ever. According to this Newsweek article, only Ford after pardoning Nixon and Trump after....being Trump, had lower approval ratings at this point.

Joe Biden Approval Rating Beats Only Donald Trump and Gerald Ford's 100-Day Score: Poll (newsweek.com)
    Well...it's comparable to W and Clinton though. And with how steady he is in the 53-54% range, I'd be willing to bet that he'll be right about where everyone else was since Nixon with the exception of both Bushes at the end of his first year. 

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/biden-approval-rating/?ex_cid=rrpromo
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    Hobbes said:
    Most popular President ever!!!!!!!1

81M votes. 
    54% approval rating.

Numbers that matter.

Pathetic.
    The reason the Yankees draw better national TV audiences than anyone else isn't because everyone loves them. It's because a lot of people hate them and they're polarizing. More interesting? Sure. More loved? No.

1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    OnWis97 said:
    Hobbes said:
    Most popular President ever!!!!!!!1

81M votes. 
    54% approval rating.

Numbers that matter.

Pathetic.
    The reason the Yankees draw better national TV audiences than anyone else isn't because everyone loves them. It's because a lot of people hate them and they're polarizing. More interesting? Sure. More loved? No.

I thnk there are many people that are just happy they don't need to think about the president every day, since he's not all up in our grill.  It's quite refreshing.  I've been a supporter of Biden for many years, well before he was the VP.  I've done a lot of business in DE for a long time.  But I had no interest in watching the speech the other night.  I'm comfortable knowing he's going to be an adult and speak to well thought out policies, most of which I already understand since I consume a heavy amount of written news and literally watch zero television news.    
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,930

I like how people willfully ignore the fact that vaccinated people can still contract & transmit the virus to non-vaccinated people, while simultaneously screaming about science as if there's a point being made. 
    OK, so remind me again what the purpose of the vaccine is?  

Can still get the virus - Check
    Can still transmit the virus - Check
    Still have to wear a mask - Check
    Booster shot needed to assure that I can still get and transmit the virus - Check

Oh, I will not have severe symptoms?  Again, there is a good chance you will not get severe (or any) symptoms from the virus itself.  

What if I get the vaccine, then get the virus and HAVE severe symptoms?

I can't tell whether this post is more selfish or stupid.

The resident troll who admits to a past of not thinking critically, posts Tweets from Alex Berenson - crowned by the Atlantic as the Pandemic's Wrongest Man - which themselves refer to an anonymous radiologist (themselves not qualified to establish a causal relationship between these factors), who witnesses some additional tests being done on deceased individuals who just recently were vaccinated, and therefore you have serious doubts of the efficacy of the vaccine, and suggest we do too. You must be higher than me.

1. The odds of contracting CoVID are minimum 80% less after a vaccine, compared to without
    2. The ability to transmit once vaccinated is not yet known, hence the masks
    3. See above. 
    4. What a stupid way to phrase your BS. You aren't "assuring you can get and transmit" the disease by getting a booster - you're mitigating the risk of doing either. 

A year and a half into a pandemic, people are still thinking of this as not such a big deal. Maybe stupidity is the pandemic that'll produce our mass extinction after all.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    54% approval rating, adjusted for pre-MAGA period, is more like 80%. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

benjs said:

I like how people willfully ignore the fact that vaccinated people can still contract & transmit the virus to non-vaccinated people, while simultaneously screaming about science as if there's a point being made. 

Booster shot needed to assure that I can still get and transmit the virus - Check

Oh, I will not have severe symptoms?  Again, there is a good chance you will not get severe (or any) symptoms from the virus itself.  

The resident troll who admits to a past of not thinking critically, posts Tweets from Alex Berenson - crowned by the Atlantic as the Pandemic's Wrongest Man - which themselves refer to an anonymous radiologist (themselves not qualified to establish a causal relationship between these factors), who witnesses some additional tests being done on deceased individuals who just recently were vaccinated, and therefore you have serious doubts of the efficacy of the vaccine, and suggest we do too. You must be higher than me.

1. The odds of contracting CoVID are minimum 80% less after a vaccine, compared to without
    2. The ability to transmit once vaccinated is not yet known, hence the masks
    3. See above. 
    4. What a stupid way to phrase your BS. You aren't "assuring you can get and transmit" the disease by getting a booster - you're mitigating the risk of doing either. 

A year and a half into a pandemic, people are still thinking of this as not such a big deal. Maybe stupidity is the pandemic that'll produce our mass extinction after all.
    For the bold, does it really have to be a competition, Ben?  Can't it be equally both?
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,390
    edited April 2021
    benjs said:

I would add pathetic into the equation as well. 
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    benjs said:

Equation? Slow your roll, Pythagoras. Math is hard.
    Hobbes said:
    benjs said:

Equation? Slow your roll, Pythagoras. Math is hard.
    Haha.. that reminds me of Shaq when he said something like..

"We're like the Pythagorean Theorem... there's no solution for us.."

Actually, it's C squared. 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    Loves animals, sincere smile, messy shelves, imperfect house plant.  A real human as president. Awesome!
    May be an image of 1 person dog and indoor

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    brianlux said:
    Loves animals, sincere smile, messy shelves, imperfect house plant.  A real human as president. Awesome!

Agreed! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    brianlux said:

79 yo and the dude can get down on the floor. Impressive.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    brianlux said:

Ummm not really. It’s the getting up part. ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,482
    brianlux said:

And look like he’s in an opium den or just put the bong out of range, like hiding from his kids or something. 
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    brianlux said:

Haha!  That was my first thought.  I'm just shy of 70 and find that difficult some days.
    brianlux said:

Ummm not really. It’s the getting up part. ;)
    Haha x 2!  I really find that difficult some days!
    (And for you jokers, we are talking about getting up off the floor, got it?!)

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    No clue where to put this article but I thought it was the dems that stole the last election?

A man admitted to using his dead mother's name to vote for Trump and blamed 'too much propaganda'

Taylor Ardrey
    Sun, May 2, 2021, 3:21 PM

A Pennsylvania man who used his dead mother's name to vote for former President Donald Trump in last year's presidential election blamed "too much propaganda."

Bruce Bartman on Friday plead guilty to one count of unlawful voting and two counts of perjury, according to the Associated Press. The 70-year-old was sentenced to five years probation. He is also barred from voting for four years and he can't serve on a jury, the report said.

In court, Bartman apologized to the judge for his crimes and said he made a mistake.

"I was isolated last year in lockdown," Bartman said in Delaware County Common Pleas Court, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer."I listened to too much propaganda and made a stupid mistake."

Bartman was accused of registering his deceased mother and mother-in-law on Pennsylvania online voter registration portal last August. He successfully cast a ballot in his mother's name to vote for Trump and other Republicans, Insider's Jacob Shamsian previously reported.

Bartman was charged in December in the midst of Trump's baseless claims about voter fraud in the presidential election.

According to the Philadelphia Inquirer, Bartman's lawyer doubled down on his client's remarks saying his actions were "a very misguided political mistake, and very stupid" in court on Friday.

In an interview with Insider in December, Stretton said his client thought he was participating in "civil disobedience" by illegally voting on behalf of his mother.

"He was angry at people criticizing the president and complaining about the election process, and he wanted to do what he considered civil disobedience by registering his mother and voting her," Stretton previously told Insider. "Of course, he was wildly mistaken."

Read the original article on Insider

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    They always accuse others of what *they* are doing. That's the "tell." They think everyone is corrupt because that's how they think and act. I look forward to a better country but we have to work hard at it. There's a lot to do. Happy Monday all. :)

Falling down,...not staying down
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Another old white man angry at the liberals wha wha wha! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Getting the HPV vaccine is no-brainer
    Posting alex berenson propaganda is no brains

Do the right thing for your children
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Kat said:
    They always accuse others of what *they* are doing. That's the "tell." They think everyone is corrupt because that's how they think and act. I look forward to a better country but we have to work hard at it. There's a lot to do. Happy Monday all. :)

There are better countries all over the globe where citizens aren't too selfish exceptional to engage in working hard (or, you know, just staying home for a while, wearing a mask, getting a free shot or two) for the greater good. I think what you look forward to is a lost cause. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    I just can't go there. :( Hopeless is not a good thing. 
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited May 2021
    Kat said:
    I hope to move to a better country :wink:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    Kat said:
    Not me.  I'll stay and fight for this country. 
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    Kat said:
    That sounds like an invitation to join together in patriotism singing some good 'ol Lee Greenwood. :murica:
    It's a hopeless situation...
    tbergs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    Kat said:
    That sounds like an invitation to join together in patriotism singing some good 'ol Lee Greenwood. :murica:
    Not in the jingoist, nativist sense.  But why should I yield the flag and the country to a bunch of red neck racists?  Why is it more theirs than mine?  It's not.  My father came here has a dirt poor Ukrainian immigrant.  Made a decent life for us, better than we would have had in the Soviet Union, that's for sure.  The dream isn't dead and I'm not leaving it.