Options

#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,029
    PJPOWER said:
    Well to Biden's credit, he doesn't seem too worried about the hat a young girl is wearing, even if it says Trump on it. Now I'm not usually one to do the "buh buh buh Trump" comparison to everything Biden does. But if the roles were reversed, and it was a girl with a Biden hat on trying to pose next to Trump, Trump would probably call her a loser and have her removed from the photo-op
    He was probably intoxicated by the smell of all the children’s hair….Dirty Joe.  And why is his mask down?
    lol, good fucking question. Well the fun answer is "Its hard to smell children's hair with your mask on."

But to be serious, the theatrics of mask-wearing (or lack thereof) by political leaders is getting beyond silly. Joe himself warns of variants and keeping others safe, but here he is maskless, not socially-distanced, around kids that appear too young to be vaccinated. So he doesn't wear his mask when surrounded by children, but he wore a mask while on a Zoom call a few months ago.

When I made fun of him for wearing a mask on a zoom, his devotees here pushed back by saying that there were probably other people in the room with him. Fine, but they were probably vaccinated, adults, and not as in close contact with him as the kids in the picture below. 

Really, someone compare these two pictures and tell me how this isn't insane. And peaking of insane Biden mask behavior, check out these two pictures of him with Boris Johnson from a few days ago.

So they wear masks while talking a few feet from each other, and then don't wear masks when they're making physical contact? What the fuck? 
    I’m not saying it isn’t at least part for show or politics, but there might be other considerations too. Like how long they are exposed. 
    The CDC defines close contact as being within 6 feet for 15 minutes or more. So by that standard you would need a mask while seated 6 feet apart if you’re in a meeting, but would not be considered close contact if you took a brief picture hugging.
    I think it’s dumb, I think you either wear a mask or you don’t.  But they’ve been playing that game for a year and half. It’s how we opened schools last year. Crowded hallways didn’t count as close contact because it’s only 5 minutes. If someone tested positive you only quarantine those students who sat directly next to them in a class. Limit cafeteria and other settings to 15 minutes or less, no need to contact trace because it wasn’t considered close contact. Even classroom activities, kids can work in groups for 14 minutes and it’s fine, don’t have to document or monitor who worked with who. 16 minutes though, I better be prepared to show who they sat next to and worked with.
    Probably some of that same logic here.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Well to Biden's credit, he doesn't seem too worried about the hat a young girl is wearing, even if it says Trump on it. Now I'm not usually one to do the "buh buh buh Trump" comparison to everything Biden does. But if the roles were reversed, and it was a girl with a Biden hat on trying to pose next to Trump, Trump would probably call her a loser and have her removed from the photo-op
    He was probably intoxicated by the smell of all the children’s hair….Dirty Joe.  And why is his mask down?
    lol, good fucking question. Well the fun answer is "Its hard to smell children's hair with your mask on."

But to be serious, the theatrics of mask-wearing (or lack thereof) by political leaders is getting beyond silly. Joe himself warns of variants and keeping others safe, but here he is maskless, not socially-distanced, around kids that appear too young to be vaccinated. So he doesn't wear his mask when surrounded by children, but he wore a mask while on a Zoom call a few months ago.

When I made fun of him for wearing a mask on a zoom, his devotees here pushed back by saying that there were probably other people in the room with him. Fine, but they were probably vaccinated, adults, and not as in close contact with him as the kids in the picture below. 

Really, someone compare these two pictures and tell me how this isn't insane. And peaking of insane Biden mask behavior, check out these two pictures of him with Boris Johnson from a few days ago.

So they wear masks while talking a few feet from each other, and then don't wear masks when they're making physical contact? What the fuck? 
    I’m not saying it isn’t at least part for show or politics, but there might be other considerations too. Like how long they are exposed. 
    The CDC defines close contact as being within 6 feet for 15 minutes or more. So by that standard you would need a mask while seated 6 feet apart if you’re in a meeting, but would not be considered close contact if you took a brief picture hugging.
    I think it’s dumb, I think you either wear a mask or you don’t.  But they’ve been playing that game for a year and half. It’s how we opened schools last year. Crowded hallways didn’t count as close contact because it’s only 5 minutes. If someone tested positive you only quarantine those students who sat directly next to them in a class. Limit cafeteria and other settings to 15 minutes or less, no need to contact trace because it wasn’t considered close contact. Even classroom activities, kids can work in groups for 14 minutes and it’s fine, don’t have to document or monitor who worked with who. 16 minutes though, I better be prepared to show who they sat next to and worked with.
    Except they changed it to 15 min total in a 24 hour time frame. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,029
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:

Except they changed it to 15 min total in a 24 hour time frame. 
    I thought that always was the case. Either way, just pointing out there could actually be some logic to the no mask photo ops.
    still can’t explain the masked zoom meetings though.
  • Options
    How the fuck do you all have the fucking time. In your life.  To even fucking care enough to waste so much time wasting time. Just came from Dead at Wrigley worked a day then off to Kohler for the Ryder. And the left still defending the fuck out of this embarrassment of a vote. You left have absolutely NO credibility with anything. Anything. The opinions are just trash. You can not in any way defending this fucking idiot of fucking idiots. If you do, your the fucking idiot.  Everything thing you fucking ignorant left touch turns to trash. Prove me fucking wrong 
  • Options

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,699
    It's important to keep up on your meds.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,938
    I giggled.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Must of been the “crisis” at the border.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,390
    Must have been the brown acid at the Dead show.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,870
    How the fuck do you all have the fucking time. In your life.  To even fucking care enough to waste so much time wasting time. Just came from Dead at Wrigley worked a day then off to Kohler for the Ryder. And the left still defending the fuck out of this embarrassment of a vote. You left have absolutely NO credibility with anything. Anything. The opinions are just trash. You can not in any way defending this fucking idiot of fucking idiots. If you do, your the fucking idiot.  Everything thing you fucking ignorant left touch turns to trash. Prove me fucking wrong 
    no. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181
    hey bud, drink another one and post more.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    trumper heads are exploding over biden and i am over here like, at least i am not fighting the results of a settled election 11 months later.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,840
    no. 
    Ha! 
  • Options
    here is the solution for you.

i will say it loud for the people in the back.

RUN BETTER CANDIDATES!!!!!!!!!!!

and

TAKE MORE POPULAR POSITIONS ON THE MAJOR ISSUES IN THIS COUNTRY!!!!

trump was roundly rejected by a nearly 8 million vote majority in 2020.

trumpism is not a viable political strategy and will only lead to more losses on the gop side, and more butthurt for you.

biden was not my first choice, but when compared to trump, biden was my only choice. and i am fine with my vote, considering the alternative was trump. i would have voted for a piece of dog crap before pulling the lever for trump.

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,163
    no. 

Let’s try yes:

1. Terrorist attack cleaning up a Republican war in a terrorist state ended by a withdrawal agreement republicans agreed to with a terrorist organization. Republicans have had terrorist attacks when they were in power, no?

2. Delta spike mainly in states that voted trump last year, states that had vaccination rates significantly lower than other states.

3. Upsetting France who screwed up a defense contract with Australia in order to strengthen our Indio Pacific alliance against China. Somehow this is bad? I thought Beijing Biden was weak with China? Republicans care France was upset? Seriously?

Yes I wasted time replying to a drunk trumper, but at least I’m throwing some verifiable facts into the vomit bin.

When politics is nothing more than a Yankees Red Sox rivalry, facts don’t matter. Maybe outta mind should invade another Capitol.
  • Options
    no. 

Let’s try yes:

1. Terrorist attack cleaning up a Republican war in a terrorist state ended by a withdrawal agreement republicans agreed to with a terrorist organization. Republicans have had terrorist attacks when they were in power, no?

2. Delta spike mainly in states that voted trump last year, states that had vaccination rates significantly lower than other states.

3. Upsetting France who screwed up a defense contract with Australia in order to strengthen our Indio Pacific alliance against China. Somehow this is bad? I thought Beijing Biden was weak with China? Republicans care France was upset? Seriously?

Yes I wasted time replying to a drunk trumper, but at least I’m throwing some verifiable facts into the vomit bin.

When politics is nothing more than a Yankees Red Sox rivalry, facts don’t matter. Maybe outta mind should invade another Capitol.
    this is why I didn't bother. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Can we talk about the budget coming up.  I am about to delve into the subject because I do not see how a few trillion dollars will cost us nothing. as Biden tweeted the other day.

Anyone else been following this?
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Can we talk about the budget coming up.  I am about to delve into the subject because I do not see how a few trillion dollars will cost us nothing. as Biden tweeted the other day.

Well we don't have to pay for afghanistan anymore so that should more than cover it
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    static111 said:

Well we don't have to pay for afghanistan anymore so that should more than cover it

you mean we dont have to borrow to pay for Afghanistan anymore.

Biden at least wants it paid for. by saying it will cost us nothing, thats what he means. he intends to raise the revenue needed to cover costs.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

taxing the rich. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,163

taxing the rich. 

Funny that this little tidbit is not widely reported, but the 3.5T plan comes with a tax impacting the wealthy, so it would be paid for. I don’t think it’s smart politics right now. IMO the Dems should pass the bipartisan infrastructure bill now and tell the voters there are midterms coming up very soon, if you want the human infrastructure bill, vote for us and we’ll get it done. They should be focusing on a way to protect voting rights  with reconciliation this term, not the huge spending and tax bill.

But that would be the smart way to do it so not expecting that move from the Dems.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/13/house-democrats-propose-tax-increases-in-3point5-trillion-budget-bill.html
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889

taxing the rich. 

Funny that this little tidbit is not widely reported, but the 3.5T plan comes with a tax impacting the wealthy, so it would be paid for. I don’t think it’s smart politics right now. IMO the Dems should pass the bipartisan infrastructure bill now and tell the voters there are midterms coming up very soon, if you want the human infrastructure bill, vote for us and we’ll get it done. They should be focusing on a way to protect voting rights  with reconciliation this term, not the huge spending and tax bill.

But that would be the smart way to do it so not expecting that move from the Dems.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/13/house-democrats-propose-tax-increases-in-3point5-trillion-budget-bill.html
    that made me laugh, thanks
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options

taxing the rich. 

Didn't the parliamentarian already rule that a voting rights bill couldn't go through recon?  Am I dreaming that?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

taxing the rich. 

Didn't the parliamentarian already rule that a voting rights bill couldn't go through recon?  Am I dreaming that?

yes she did. no you aren't. because it has ZERO to do with the budget.

• Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited September 2021
    Has this been discussed?  Seriously, who is on board with this?:
    https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/26/its-going-to-get-harder-to-avoid-telling-the-irs-about-income-from-online-sales.html
    So essentially, if someone has $600 in their account, they want it reported to the IRS?  Government overreach much?
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    PJPOWER said:
    https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/26/its-going-to-get-harder-to-avoid-telling-the-irs-about-income-from-online-sales.html
    So essentially, if someone has $600 in their account, they want it reported to the IRS?  Government overreach much?
    This is absolutely ridiculous and a waste of resources. The amount now is $20,000 which seems a little high but $600 seems way too low. When I first heard this, I thought it was some crackpot conspiracy theory but it is real. This coming from Biden who is being looked at for avoiding to pay his fair share of taxes. Come on man!

• Options
    JB16057 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    This is absolutely ridiculous and a waste of resources. The amount now is $20,000 which seems a little high but $600 seems way too low. When I first heard this, I thought it was some crackpot conspiracy theory but it is real. This coming from Biden who is being looked at for avoiding to pay his fair share of taxes. Come on man!

Really? Why do you think that online retailers should have a tax advantage over brick and mortar?  You still get to write down the expense line like any other business. 

And how is this a waste of resources?  Whose resources?  PP has to issue the 1099, not the IRS.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    No, you are not understanding the law.  First, the law didn't change.  You've always been required to report as income any amount that exceeds $600.  For example, if you have a credit card debt and you settle it for $2k on a $3k balance with a collector, you will get a 1099 for the amount that was forgiven ($1k).  What is happening here is that Paypal, Etsy and other retailers are now being required to send the 1099 when transactions total more than $600.  In the past, they only had to do that on greater than $10k.  So the tax law hasn't changed, it's the requirement on PP.  

And last, most importantly, it's not about how much money you have in your account.  If you send or receive money friends and family, it will not trigger a transaction.  It's only transactions that are "goods and services".  

Y'all need to take a drink or a hit. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    No, you are not understanding the law.  First, the law didn't change.  You've always been required to report as income any amount that exceeds $600.  For example, if you have a credit card debt and you settle it for $2k on a $3k balance with a collector, you will get a 1099 for the amount that was forgiven ($1k).  What is happening here is that Paypal, Etsy and other retailers are now being required to send the 1099 when transactions total more than $600.  In the past, they only had to do that on greater than $10k.  So the tax law hasn't changed, it's the requirement on PP.  

And last, most importantly, it's not about how much money you have in your account.  If you send or receive money friends and family, it will not trigger a transaction.  It's only transactions that are "goods and services".  

Y'all need to take a drink or a hit. 
    Careful, you might get labeled the smartest guy in the room 24/7.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    PJPOWER said:

Really? Why do you think that online retailers should have a tax advantage over brick and mortar?  You still get to write down the expense line like any other business. 

And how is this a waste of resources?  Whose resources?  PP has to issue the 1099, not the IRS.
    I understand how it works. I work a day job and have a small business(a band) and I do my own taxes and have for the past 17 years. My concern is that the IRS will at some point look even harder at that $600 number. Here is a better story that helps explain the concern on wasted resources: https://news.yahoo.com/irs-track-bank-transactions-over-140000522.html

"The Biden administration has made clear its plan to beef up IRS auditing by expanding the agency’s funding and power. Biden’s latest proposal would require banks to turn over to the Internal Revenue Service bank account information for all accounts holding more than $600"

This is the same IRS that the Obama White House used to go after conservatives. https://www.npr.org/2017/10/27/560308997/irs-apologizes-for-aggressive-scrutiny-of-conservative-groups

Do people need to pay their taxes? Yes. Do people cheat on their taxes? Yes. Should it be fixed? Yes. Do we need the government looking at every transaction over $600? No, I don't believe so.