Pearl Jam Headline Two Nights at BST Hyde Park

Comments

• chalonchalon Posts: 106
    Well, I decided to cancel my whole Europe trip this summer. If the show goes on as planned or they reschedule to September (which I wouldn't be able to make), I guess I'll miss it. We'll see what happens...
  • Gravey1975Gravey1975 Posts: 268
    edited March 2021
    Barcelona did a concert tonight with 5000 people indoors with masks and without distancing.  They had to take antigen tests earlier in the day.  The event was for research purposes to see how infection rates among attendees compare with those of the general population.  That’ll be interesting to see over the next few weeks.  I don’t think vaccination was a requirement for this one.  
    There was a similar experiment in the Netherlands this past week for an outdoors music festival with 5000 fans. They're going to report some initial findings in the next week. One early finding- tho attendees were asked to remain masked during the event, nearly everyone ditched their masks as soon as they entered, so enforcement of that particular measure seems futile. Not entirely surprising when everyone is smashing back the beers tbh... difficult to drink when you've got a mask on.
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    Barcelona did a concert tonight with 5000 people indoors with masks and without distancing.  They had to take antigen tests earlier in the day.  The event was for research purposes to see how infection rates among attendees compare with those of the general population.  That’ll be interesting to see over the next few weeks.  I don’t think vaccination was a requirement for this one.  
    Do they plan on testing full capacity? 
    I’m not sure but I think the 5000 was full capacity at the particular venue including a packed floor.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    The picture I saw looked like a packed floor.
  • EMC77EMC77 Almería, Spain Posts: 124
    edited March 2021
    Palau Sant Jordi in Barcelona, where this experiment took place, has a capacity of 17500. 5000 was not full capacity, but the 5000 people were all in the pit
    Post edited by EMC77 on
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Pap said:
    Pap said:
    drfox said: Indeed. And another couple of festivals that announced their line ups this week (TRNSMT and Victorious) also have all British Line ups (Royal Blood, Liam Gallagher etc)
    Southsea Victorious? It's literally a 10-minute walk for me. I'm probably attending only one day (Sunday) this year. I've never seen Morcheeba live though... :pensive: I wish PJ headline Victorious one day. :prayer:
    Skye is back in Morcheeba again these days isnt she? Be well worth catching them if so.
    Precisely. That's the main reason why I want to see them.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seUrsjiRVeU
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    chalon said:
    Well, I decided to cancel my whole Europe trip this summer. If the show goes on as planned or they reschedule to September (which I wouldn't be able to make), I guess I'll miss it. We'll see what happens...
    It sucks.  I hope they announce dates for 2022 soon as need to get started on moving reservations to next year.
  • GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,507
    edited March 2021
    Rational me: I'll just wait until I hear more from the festival itself. If I can go, I go. If I can't go, I'll eat the tickets and live with it.

Actual me: checks this thread hourly for rumours and speculation.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

Gibson said:
    Rational me: I'll just wait until I hear more from the festival itself. If I can go, I go. If I can't go, I'll eat the tickets and live with it.

LOL ^^
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• beano.79beano.79 Posts: 635
    Gibson said:

Haha I also keep checking... Just in case somebody miraculously has the answers 😂
  • abzmikeabzmike Posts: 25
    Come back inext year folks... 8/9 July 2022.
    Presumably refunds will be forthcoming from BST like last year, need to see what they announce.
  • Tjm007Tjm007 Posts: 145
    AXSEVENT RESCHEDULED
    Hello,

It is with a heavy heart that we announce that BST Hyde Park will not take place in July 2021. 

We are however happy to share that Duran Duran and Pearl Jam will go ahead in July 2022. 

Pearl Jam will take place on the Friday 8th and Saturday 9th July 2022. Friday 8th will feature special guests Pixies, whilst Saturday July 9th will welcome a new guests artist (to be announced) - as well as full supporting line ups. If you have tickets for Friday 9th July 2021 they are only valid for Friday 8th July 2022 and if you have tickets for Saturday 10th July 2021 they are only valid for Saturday 9th July 2022

Duran Duran will take place on Sunday 10th July 2022 and will be rejoined by their incredible guest - Nile Rodgers & CHIC with further acts to be confirmed soon.

All tickets remain valid for the scheduled 2022 dates. If you are no longer able to attend the rescheduled dates you can request your refund HERE before Friday 30th April 2021.

Following our review of the most recent government advice, the latest timeline means that we are unable to deliver with certainty the quality BST Hyde Park is known for in the time available. By making this decision at this stage we allow artists, crew, fans and everyone that comes together to help create these shows to plan accordingly.

We’d like to take this opportunity to thank the NHS and all the incredible organisations and individuals who have been working tirelessly in these past twelve months to keep the country safe. Your efforts are enormously appreciated.

And with that, an email from BST.... Seems pretty clear, but need to claim your refund if you want one by April 30th 2021...
    AXSEVENT RESCHEDULED
    Hello,

It is with a heavy heart that we announce that BST Hyde Park will not take place in July 2021. 

We are however happy to share that Duran Duran and Pearl Jam will go ahead in July 2022. 

Pearl Jam will take place on the Friday 8th and Saturday 9th July 2022. Friday 8th will feature special guests Pixies, whilst Saturday July 9th will welcome a new guests artist (to be announced) - as well as full supporting line ups. If you have tickets for Friday 9th July 2021 they are only valid for Friday 8th July 2022 and if you have tickets for Saturday 10th July 2021 they are only valid for Saturday 9th July 2022

Duran Duran will take place on Sunday 10th July 2022 and will be rejoined by their incredible guest - Nile Rodgers & CHIC with further acts to be confirmed soon.

All tickets remain valid for the scheduled 2022 dates. If you are no longer able to attend the rescheduled dates you can request your refund HERE before Friday 30th April 2021.

Following our review of the most recent government advice, the latest timeline means that we are unable to deliver with certainty the quality BST Hyde Park is known for in the time available. By making this decision at this stage we allow artists, crew, fans and everyone that comes together to help create these shows to plan accordingly.

We’d like to take this opportunity to thank the NHS and all the incredible organisations and individuals who have been working tirelessly in these past twelve months to keep the country safe. Your efforts are enormously appreciated.

Team BST
  • Tjm007Tjm007 Posts: 145
    Good news is that we don't need to fanny about getting in early for the 10c tickets for a third time.
  • whitepantswhitepants Posts: 718
    I requested a refund. I was set to see PJ in London for the first time in that city in 20 and 21, I can't commit to 22 in good faith. I'll just focus on a future visit to London. Perhaps a miracle will happen, but I doubt it.
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
    Third time lucky! Can't believe they didn't add another night as compensation this time around! Ha. 

Also.... bit disappointed that Idles are no longer on the bill. Would have quite happily dropped the Pixies out of the two guests TBH. 
  • JackD.JackD. Posts: 479
    Is there a way to still get tickets to the 10c area?

Booked different shows for 2020/2021 but might wanna go 2022.
    JackD. said:

I just looked and as of right now, the 10C area is sold out. Maybe some will open up after people get refunds.
  • JackD.JackD. Posts: 479
    JackD. said:

I just looked and as of right now, the 10C area is sold out. Maybe some will open up after people get refunds.
    Thanks! :-) Where can I keep an eye on?
    Follow JackD. said:
    JackD. said:

Thanks! :-) Where can I keep an eye on?
    Follow the link on the tour page. It takes you to the ticket site. 
  • raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    edited March 2021
    What? No IDLES with Pearl Jam? Fuck it. 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
    Are 10C tickets for these shows transferrable, or are they printed with and attached to the name of the person who originally bought them? I thought I read that was the practice for some European shows. This would be my first attempt to go overseas to see a show, so I am in the dark on this stuff. 
  • Conjack76Conjack76 Posts: 40
    Hopefully we'll be vaccinated in Ireland by then  =)
    edited March 2021
    Are 10C tickets for these shows transferrable, or are they printed with and attached to the name of the person who originally bought them? I thought I read that was the practice for some European shows. This would be my first attempt to go overseas to see a show, so I am in the dark on this stuff. 
    Purely a guess but i dont think they'll  have a name printed on it. All the shows I've been to that have done that have expressly told the buyer at point of purchase that this will be the case, and there was no indication it would be done for these shows.
    Purely a guess but i dont think they'll  have a name printed on it. All the shows I've been to that have done that have expressly told the buyer at point of purchase that this will be the case, and there was no indication it would be done for these shows.
    Thanks I am holding off for know on buying general admission with hopes I can find some in the 10C area if they are available or if someone can transfer them. 
    Thanks I am holding off for know on buying general admission with hopes I can find some in the 10C area if they are available or if someone can transfer them. 
    I think that is wise.  There are 15 months to search after all! 

• Hey! Does anyone know will more 10c tickets go on sale for the rescheduled 2022 Hyde park gigs? Looking for a Friday 10c ticket 😬 Thanks! 
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    LianeFitz said:
    Hey! Does anyone know will more 10c tickets go on sale for the rescheduled 2022 Hyde park gigs? Looking for a Friday 10c ticket 😬 Thanks! 
    I looked just for fun right now, and 10C tickets are available... on the official AXS site.