PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Suffice to say, my seven team parlay did NOT pay off...
    My powerball bets haven’t paid off yet too 
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Suffice to say, my seven team parlay did NOT pay off...
    My powerball bets haven’t paid off yet too 
    Ohio State was -2000!
    Avery Johnson “beautiful....beautiful.. love cancer research”
    This is my favorite place in the city. By far

I'm watching this Last Call movie and, boy, is it terrible.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    It looks Barkley turrble.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    In better news - this second Borat movie is actually not bad!
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    Is this Tom McCarthy doing the Purdue game?
    Unfortunately. 

Also, I posted this in the basketball thread:

”I bet this lady announcer looks like Whoopie Goldberg.”
    —My wife talking about Avery Johnson. Lol

yeah that was kinda weird. They did the Oklahoma/Missouri last night also. Didn't know McCarthy announced basketball games.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141

They just opened one near my parents old house in Wayne 

chinese-happy.jpg

They just opened one near my parents old house in Wayne 

Saw that. Looks nice. This courtyard in the Italian market truly rules 
    One down, one to go. LFG baby.

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Nice!

One down, one to go. LFG baby.

Hell yeah! Same. Penn setup was very easy though they’re not getting through the same number of people as the convention center. 
    I go to one of the mega sites this week for #1.  
    Hopefully more and more are gaining access.  Still seeing people say they can't get appointments but that is because they are trying for local cvs or rite aid spots, I think.  Those are all filled out 
    Hopefully more and more are gaining access.  Still seeing people say they can't get appointments but that is because they are trying for local cvs or rite aid spots, I think.  Those are all filled out 
    Not sure why penn hooked me up. Have been to their ER a couple times and got a covid test through them, but didn’t register or anything and they just emailed me Friday to make an appointment for today.  

Regardless, glad to see it’s rolling and I’m excited to be vaccinated before this summer 
    Not sure why penn hooked me up. Have been to their ER a couple times and got a covid test through them, but didn’t register or anything and they just emailed me Friday to make an appointment for today.  

Regardless, glad to see it’s rolling and I’m excited to be vaccinated before this summer 
    Yeah I hope others are being tapped and able to get them going.  

So yeah I heard the way to go is with Penn even if you're in the 'burbs/outside the city. 

The FEMA site was pretty amazing. I had an appointment so the whole thing for me was like a half hour. But there was a walk-in line that literally went around the entire block. Crazy.
    So yeah I heard the way to go is with Penn even if you're in the 'burbs/outside the city. 

The FEMA site was pretty amazing. I had an appointment so the whole thing for me was like a half hour. But there was a walk-in line that literally went around the entire block. Crazy.
    Just read on WHYY that FEMA is done with first dose appointments. Sooooo where do we go from here?

Just read on WHYY that FEMA is done with first dose appointments. Sooooo where do we go from here?
    I got my second lined in two hours.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited March 2021

Yeah the convention center is only for the loads of people they already shot up. Today was the last day for walk ups. Once they're done they're shutting down and leaving the city. I thought you went through Penn?

I also saw they're planning on doing door to door for those with the most need.

Plus I think there's more locations around the city now (I think 6?) with more to come. Pretty sure EOM near us is the only South Philly location atm.

Yeah the convention center is only for the loads of people they already shot up. Today was the last day for walk ups. Once they're done they're shutting down and leaving the city. I thought you went through Penn?

Plus I think there's more locations around the city now (I think 6?) with more to come. Pretty sure EOM near us is the only South Philly location atm.
    Interesting. I did get Penn myself but my wife hasn’t gotten anything yet, so not sure what she’s gonna do. Assume the city eligibility thing is her best bet still and they’ll just book her at one of these other locations eventually, I guess. 

I mean there are tons of people, the vast majority of the city who haven’t gotten anything yet

Interesting. I did get Penn myself but my wife hasn’t gotten anything yet, so not sure what she’s gonna do. Assume the city eligibility thing is her best bet still and they’ll just book her at one of these other locations eventually, I guess. 

I mean there are tons of people, the vast majority of the city who haven’t gotten anything yet
    Yep. Access is still a huge huge problem, especially for minority communities. Plus, a shit ton of people (like 30k) had to be canceled out of the convention center system because they didn't qualify (not city residents, forwarding email links) and further gummed up the system. The site says 450k have gotten their first shot, which is great but sure not enough: https://www.phila.gov/programs/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19/

Can she go through Penn? If she can that's probably the best play. Maybe Jeff too? May 1st all adults qualify, plus J&J and AstraZeneca hitting production, it'll pick up. But I get it - summer and all would be a huge weight off the shoulders.
    edited March 2021
    The side effects from moderna 2 are no joke. Completely kicked my ass. Got the shot around 4 on Tuesday. Just felt really tired for a while. Then starting around midnight had the chills like I've never had before with a fever, felt nauseous, huge headache and aches all over my body. Fucking crazy. Lasted all night. Then yesterday it was off and on all day. I didn't get out of bed till after 4. In addition, I just felt completely wiped out. Got about 3 hours sleep. Phew. Much better today but yesterday was horrible. Reminded me of when I had foot poisoning a few years back. 

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Yeah my wife was knocked on her ass for a couple days after her 2nd Pfizer shot.
    Wait, Juggs had foot poisoning?!?!?!
    Fucking Chipotle, buddy. They get ya every which way, I'll ya what...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    Fucking Chipotle, buddy. They get ya every which way, I'll ya what...
    Stop stepping on those burritos barefoot and you'll be fine.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Been a while, but I've been known to get the king's disease from time to time.
    The side effects from moderna 2 are no joke. Completely kicked my ass. Got the shot around 4 on Tuesday. Just felt really tired for a while. Then starting around midnight had the chills like I've never had before with a fever, felt nauseous, huge headache and aches all over my body. Fucking crazy. Lasted all night. Then yesterday it was off and on all day. I didn't get out of bed till after 4. In addition, I just felt completely wiped out. Got about 3 hours sleep. Phew. Much better today but yesterday was horrible. Reminded me of when I had foot poisoning a few years back. 

I guess you know it's working, right?  Have heard JNJ is a beast too.
    Been a while, but I've been known to get the king's disease from time to time.

That sucks, I have a buddy who got elbow tits from that shit.