The Food Thread

Comments

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Zero presentation here, but American wagyu turned out great.  Snapped a quick pic. Had it with spinach, mushrooms, broccoli, salad, bread and a piece of salmon that we split up. I’m stuffed. 

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Had ribs tonight....but that steak looks better!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582

Fish and chips. For about half the amount of people as it looks. Mac and cheese too. Wasn’t my cooking, but a good evening 

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    bbiggs said:
    Zero presentation here, but American wagyu turned out great.  Snapped a quick pic. Had it with spinach, mushrooms, broccoli, salad, bread and a piece of salmon that we split up. I’m stuffed. 

Lou’s last night and now this?!?! Nice work!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    Took a page from Cliffy's book and followed his directions on this one.  
    Really tasty

Looks awesome. Chicken thighs, Brussels and cast iron all rule so why not combine them?
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Indeed!
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    edited February 2021

Fish and chips. For about half the amount of people as it looks. Mac and cheese too. Wasn’t my cooking, but a good evening 

Are those Tater Tots? I haven’t had those in ages. I used to love them. 
    Post edited by GlowGirl on
    GlowGirl said:

Are those Tater Tots? I haven’t had those in ages. I used to love them. 
    Frozen guys at that lol. They were good
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Sunday Morning

chinese-happy.jpg
    Looks awesome. Like that room. Boo eagles 
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Anybody have a rec on BBQ thermometers? I need to get one bc I've been flying blind. Leaning towards the Inkbird- mainly because it's waterproof and even sunny days in Ireland can have sudden showers.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    eddiec said:
    Anybody have a rec on BBQ thermometers? I need to get one bc I've been flying blind. Leaning towards the Inkbird- mainly because it's waterproof and even sunny days in Ireland can have sudden showers.
    For grill temp or meat temp?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    eddiec said:
    I'm looking for one that does both.
    eddiec said:
    dankind said:
    eddiec said:
    I just looked up that Inkbird. That one seems pretty cool.

My grill came with one for grill temp, and I do all right by time/look/feel with all my signature grillings.

Otherwise, I just rest the meat on a plate and use a kitchen meat thermometer if I'm grilling something out of my wheelhouse, but now you've got me thinking about the Inkbird. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    eddiec said:
    dankind said:
    eddiec said:
    I just looked up that Inkbird. That one seems pretty cool.

My grill came with one for grill temp, and I do all right by time/look/feel with all my signature grillings.

Otherwise, I just rest the meat on a plate and use a kitchen meat thermometer if I'm grilling something out of my wheelhouse, but now you've got me thinking about the Inkbird. 
    Yeah, it looks decent. There are definitely better ones, but like I said, I need a waterproof one.
    I would use it mainly for pork shoulder.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    https://amazingribs.com/ratings-reviews/thermometers
    https://amazingribs.com/thermometers/ink-bird-ibt-4xs-review

Whenever I have a bbq/grilling question, it usually gets answered at this site. I probably need to upgrade my thermometer as well.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Frittata Thursday

chinese-happy.jpg
    Hot Sauce with that?
    Looks good!
    Egg, cheese, everything. 

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    dankind said:
    Egg, cheese, everything. 

An evening constitutional speckled with seed, no doubt.
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,928
    dankind said:
    Egg, cheese, everything. 

Bagel world? If so, I miss that place. Looks great.
    Spring rolls for lunch.
    Got a little carried away with the Sriracha for mine.  

• HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    edited March 2021
    Spring rolls for lunch.

I appreciate you including the mise en place in your photos. Arguably one of the more important steps in the culinary process. :plus_one:
    Thanks!

Spring rolls for lunch.

Awesome. They look really good.
    My fish guy picked up another Tuna late yesterday. Early morning social media post that some would be available in the market today.

I made Tuna ribbons with a ginger infused Dashi.
    Thanks - added strawberries this time.  Wanted to add mango, but it was not yet ripe enough.
    Spring rolls for lunch.

Those look delicious. Nice and healthy as well. 
    eddiec said:
    My fish guy picked up another Tuna late yesterday. Early morning social media post that some would be available in the market today.

That is beautiful. Are you a professional chef? Your food always looks so amazing. 
    GlowGirl said:
    eddiec said:

That is beautiful. Are you a professional chef? Your food always looks so amazing. 
    That is absolutely amazing!