The Food Thread

Comments

• lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,927
    GlowGirl said:

Vietnamese classic pork bahn mi. At this place I have to order it medium spicy. Spicy is overloaded with sriracha and jalapeños. Even with the medium there was a lot on mine. My mouth is still burning. But it was delicious. The bread was really nicely toasted. 
    Wow that looks really good. Haven't had one of those in a long time.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    GlowGirl said:

Vietnamese classic pork bahn mi. At this place I have to order it medium spicy. Spicy is overloaded with sriracha and jalapeños. Even with the medium there was a lot on mine. My mouth is still burning. But it was delicious. The bread was really nicely toasted. 
    That looks really good. I eat a lot of these fuckers. That pork looks good. I live a few blocks from a lot of Vietnamese stuff. It’s awesome. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Think I'm making spring rolls tomorrow.  Love vietnamese food....those look good!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    GlowGirl said:
    Peking Duck looks great. Nice and crispy skin. How did your homemade pancakes turn out? They look really amazing. 
    They turned our really well. Burned the first two but then got the timing right. 
    Awesome. I need to get more adventurous with my cooking. I am a pretty good cook for basic dishes, but you all really go for it. Some of the food posted here this week is really mind blowing. Lots of talent. 
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    Some great stuff!  Nice work on the tuna and the duck. I usually fake Peking Duck by just using a couple of duck breasts and some flour tortillas LOL. By no means authentic but it does the trick.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Wow. Great stuff going on last night. That duck looks incredible. The viatnamese sandwich sounds great, especially the heat/spice levels. 
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Triple garnish Bloody Mary hitting the hot tub, happy Valentine’s Day everyone!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Chutoro Round 2

• lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,927
    eddiec said:
    Chutoro Round 2

Your presentation game is on point man. Looks great.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    eddiec said:
    Chutoro Round 2

Your presentation game is on point man. Looks great.
    It is not just consistently restaurant grade, it is consistently awesome restaurant grade presentation!

Triple garnish Bloody Mary hitting the hot tub, happy Valentine’s Day everyone!
    Awesome!  I wish we had a separate hot tub so we could use in the winter when the pool is closed.  I would 💯 be in there at some point today, if so.  Enjoy it!
    Spring Rolls were very good - but needed sauces, which I made.  Would probably do a few things to make better next time but was a good meal

Spring Rolls were very good - but needed sauces, which I made.  Would probably do a few things to make better next time but was a good meal

Look delicious, B. I love a good spring roll. 
    Thanks - a healthy meal!
  • RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    One of my favorites...taco salad.

Those ingredients play anywhere!
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832

Vietnamese Spring Rolls?
    Yes sir.
    Skrimps, lettuce, basil, cilantro, mint, carrots.
    The days of sushi work this month planted the seeds as to how easy it is to hand roll things....had about ten skrimps leftover today in the fridge.  Was determining how I was going to eat them for lunch and just popping hot sauce on them seemed too easy and while it would taste great it would not be very satisfying.
    Chopped them up, whipped up a "spicy" sauce, cut up some cucumber, and made Spicy Skrimp handrolls.
    Delicious.
    Cauliflower hot wings 🔥
    Not just for Super Bowl, after how they tasted.
    Cranked up the heat.

Cauliflower hot wings 🔥
    Cranked up the heat.

Those look great. Blue cheese or Ranch? For me it’s always blue cheese and I usually pay for an extra container when I order wings. 
    Ranch.  I can do BC but prefer Ranch.

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

Troglodyte. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:

Troglodyte. 

Fuck you , Shoresy!
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    dankind said:

Troglodyte. 

Fuck you , Shoresy!
    Just rippin’ blue cheese farts. Ferda.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    Tonight is homemade bbq blue cheese burger with fried mushrooms, bacon, and onions on a lightly toasted ciabatta bun served with steak-cut fries.

"What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    Pass me a fry!
    Tonight is homemade bbq blue cheese burger with fried mushrooms, bacon, and onions on a lightly toasted ciabatta bun served with steak-cut fries.

Yum!!  I love a good blue cheese burger. And the bacon, mushrooms, and onions. Yes, please. 
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Cauliflower hot wings 🔥
    Cranked up the heat.

so explain to me this thing so I don't have to trust Google...are they breaded, is there anything special you do, or do you just fry up some cauliflower and toss it in sauce?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    F Me, was it you who suggested Boar's Head hotdogs in the natural casing?  I just tried them and they are quite good.  I actually think Nathan's are a little better flavor-wise, these were just a tiny bit bland, but that snap...
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?