2021 European Tour Announcement

Comments

• JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    PJNB said:
    FR181798 said:
    FR181798 said:
    nando1979 said:
    It's being reported here in the UK that social distancing measures will have to remain here until at least the autumn, and more than likely over the winter too. Its obvious the tour won't go ahead. We'll just have to hope some sort of normal returns next year for tours to begin
    Id be surprised if all tour plans dont just get binned. Seems like we will be living with this and restrictions for years. 
    Im not so sure, vaccines are here and therapeutics not far off, its too late for this summer but id be very hopeful for 2022
    As heartbreaking as it is, certainly in the UK I dont think we will see large scale events as we new them again for years. This could drag on for ages, people wearing face masks, social distancing. Until the government gets to a point where it accepts there will be x unavoidable deaths due to covid.
    Have you not been following how effective the vaccines have been minimizing seriously sick patients and death? The timeline has been slow for rolling out vaccines but to say we are years away from being normal I am just not sure were you are getting that from. If you want to spin it around and say we do not know about the variant or the length of time the vaccine works I get it but those will be things that will be taken into account and modified going forward. We will never have zero deaths with this thing and at some point we will have to slowly pull the bandaid off and once people have been vaccinated open things back up to normal imo. 
    Personally I‘m with you. Listening to some politicians however it seems unacceptable for Covid to go around at all because it would mean it can mutate further. They don’t even acknowledge that other viruses like the flu mutate all the time and people need a different shot each year. Time will tell I guess but one day we’ll have to start living kinda normal again 
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    PJNB said:
    FR181798 said:
    FR181798 said:
    nando1979 said:
    It's being reported here in the UK that social distancing measures will have to remain here until at least the autumn, and more than likely over the winter too. Its obvious the tour won't go ahead. We'll just have to hope some sort of normal returns next year for tours to begin
    Id be surprised if all tour plans dont just get binned. Seems like we will be living with this and restrictions for years. 
    Im not so sure, vaccines are here and therapeutics not far off, its too late for this summer but id be very hopeful for 2022
    As heartbreaking as it is, certainly in the UK I dont think we will see large scale events as we new them again for years. This could drag on for ages, people wearing face masks, social distancing. Until the government gets to a point where it accepts there will be x unavoidable deaths due to covid.
    Have you not been following how effective the vaccines have been minimizing seriously sick patients and death? The timeline has been slow for rolling out vaccines but to say we are years away from being normal I am just not sure were you are getting that from. If you want to spin it around and say we do not know about the variant or the length of time the vaccine works I get it but those will be things that will be taken into account and modified going forward. We will never have zero deaths with this thing and at some point we will have to slowly pull the bandaid off and once people have been vaccinated open things back up to normal imo. 
    I dont believe the timeline on vaccines has been slow here in the UK. I think they have done an amazing job with the vaccinations. Im just being realistic in that I fear this could go on for quite some time. Im not saying society wont open up again this year. But we are probably going to be living with some restrictions for quite a while which means restrictions on travel and large gatherings of people packed into arenas, so tours as we knew them might not be as they were for a while.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    When will PJ announce if the tour will be going ahead or cancelled?
  • I think we all know the status.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Brisk. said:
    I think the cancellation announcement is complicated by the fact there are festival shows as part of the tour. I'm not sure they can announce they're scrapping the tour before the festival organisers are prepared to make their announcements. Could be chaotic otherwise. But at the same time, something like BST will leave making a decision until quite late as there is a remote chance that it could still happen due to the speed of vaccinations in the uk. So I think the announcement is some way off yet. 
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Fuck festivals and play arenas instead :)
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    It is odd that people can purchase tickets for shows that everyone involved know won’t happen.   But as long as they will issue refunds that doesn’t see too shady.
  • Muffin The MuleMuffin The Mule Amersham, Bucks Posts: 427
    Rumours in the UK that Boris will announce that there will be no foreign travel for the rest of this year...
    Brixton Academy 14/7/93, Wembley Arena 29/5/00, Wembley Arena 18/6/07, London O2 18/8/09, Hyde Park 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12, Arras 30/6/12, Werchter 5/7/14, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Mexico City 28/11/15, Toronto 10/5/16, Toronto 12/5/16,  Amsterdam 12/6/18, Amsterdam 13/6/18, London 18/6/18, Werchter 7/7/18, London 17/7/18, Werchter 30/6/22, London 8/7/22, London 9/7/22, Budapest 12/7/22, Prague 22/7/22, Amsterdam 24/7/22, Amsterdam 25/7/22, Manchester 25/6/24, London 29/6/2024, Berlin 2/7/24, Berlin 3/7/24 
  • Brisk. said:
    February 31st
    Dublin '06, Lisbon 1 '06, Lisbon 2 '06, London '07, Manchester '09, London '09, Dublin '10, Belfast '10, London '10, Manchester 1 '12, Manchester 2 '12, Berlin 1 '12, Berlin 2 '12, Amsterdam 1 '14, Amsterdam 2 '14, Berlin '14, Leeds '14, London 1 '18, Prague '18, Krakow '18, Berlin '18, London 2 '18, London 1 '22, London 2 '22, Budapest '22, Amsterdam 2 '22
  • Rumours in the UK that Boris will announce that there will be no foreign travel for the rest of this year...
    Nicola Sturgeon did that yesterday in Scotland
    Dublin '06, Lisbon 1 '06, Lisbon 2 '06, London '07, Manchester '09, London '09, Dublin '10, Belfast '10, London '10, Manchester 1 '12, Manchester 2 '12, Berlin 1 '12, Berlin 2 '12, Amsterdam 1 '14, Amsterdam 2 '14, Berlin '14, Leeds '14, London 1 '18, Prague '18, Krakow '18, Berlin '18, London 2 '18, London 1 '22, London 2 '22, Budapest '22, Amsterdam 2 '22
  • So...at this point should they cancel and refund, or postpone again? I have been on the side of postpone previously and I think that is still the best thing, imho.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• So...at this point should they cancel and refund, or postpone again? I have been on the side of postpone previously and I think that is still the best thing, imho.  
    Offer both, refunds for those that want them or tickets valid for new dates for those that want that 
    So...at this point should they cancel and refund, or postpone again? I have been on the side of postpone previously and I think that is still the best thing, imho.  
    Offer both, refunds for those that want them or tickets valid for new dates for those that want that 
    Exactly! 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Rumours in the UK that Boris will announce that there will be no foreign travel for the rest of this year...
    damnit.  
    damnit.  
    @Muffin The Mule where did you hear that? Can’t find anything and it doesn’t sound like something he could just decide right now 
  • joeembletonjoeembleton Glasgow Posts: 408
    Where did you hear that? I must have missed it and there is nothing on BBC Scotland
  • matt84matt84 Posts: 584
    I doubt this will happen. Foreign travel I think will certainly happen from September or October.
  • nando1979nando1979 Castlerock (Northern Ireland) Posts: 82
    Where did you hear that? I must have missed it and there is nothing on BBC Scotland
    She announced people shouldn't be expecting to go on foreign holidays for the summer
    If hope could grow from dirt like me, it can be done.......
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,396
    edited February 2021
    Here in Canada, we imposed a 2000$ fee per travellor to cover quarantine upon return to dissuade foreign travel. (Unfortunately, this has the unintended consequence of widening the inequity gap, as this won't impede the wealthy.)
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,626
    JackD. said:
    Curious if we are going to have to wait until Hyde Park cancels again or if Pearl Jam will come out ahead of the festivals cancelling. This has to be incredibly frustrating for the people planning and the workers behind the scene as well as the crews that depend on touring to make a living. Hopefully 2022 we will get the green light. 
  • joeembletonjoeembleton Glasgow Posts: 408
    nando1979 said:
    She announced people shouldn't be expecting to go on foreign holidays for the summer

I completely missed that
  • This is all very believable, and yet, so F’ing unbelievable.  

• Up until this very moment, I have officially accepted the possibility of BTS Hyde Park concert to be cancelled and postponed for next year. Since I'm going to Ohana in late September, I'll just resign myself to request a refund. We have to be honest with ourselves, with the various virus mutations and the still slow roll-out vaccinations (I'll be getting my second shot this Saturday - I work in healthcare), but I KNOW the international/American audience for Hyde park, ain't gonna all be vaccinated or test negative for Covid-19 for this show to go on. I'm so fucking tired of this life altering/ruining pandemic!
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,051
    Up until this very moment, I have officially accepted the possibility of BTS Hyde Park concert to be cancelled and postponed for next year. Since I'm going to Ohana in late September, I'll just resign myself to request a refund. We have to be honest with ourselves, with the various virus mutations and the still slow roll-out vaccinations (I'll be getting my second shot this Saturday - I work in healthcare), but I KNOW the international/American audience for Hyde park, ain't gonna all be vaccinated or test negative for Covid-19 for this show to go on. I'm so fucking tired of this life altering/ruining pandemic!
    For me the issue is not the U.K. and US, it’s more the other countries. Here in England they are talking about people in their 40s being jabbed in late March. It’s feasible that many/most people in the U.K. and US will have had vaccines by July given the speed of the rollout. But then places like the EU and Canada are so far behind. At one point last week the U.K. had vaccinated more people in total than the 27 EU countries combined. 
  • Canada is saying 15 million by June.  I don’t believe it, but that’s the latest party line.  

• pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,664
    drfox said:
    Up until this very moment, I have officially accepted the possibility of BTS Hyde Park concert to be cancelled and postponed for next year. Since I'm going to Ohana in late September, I'll just resign myself to request a refund. We have to be honest with ourselves, with the various virus mutations and the still slow roll-out vaccinations (I'll be getting my second shot this Saturday - I work in healthcare), but I KNOW the international/American audience for Hyde park, ain't gonna all be vaccinated or test negative for Covid-19 for this show to go on. I'm so fucking tired of this life altering/ruining pandemic!
    For me the issue is not the U.K. and US, it’s more the other countries. Here in England they are talking about people in their 40s being jabbed in late March. It’s feasible that many/most people in the U.K. and US will have had vaccines by July given the speed of the rollout. But then places like the EU and Canada are so far behind. At one point last week the U.K. had vaccinated more people in total than the 27 EU countries combined. 
    How did she put it? The Uk is the speedboat and the EU the trawler left in its wake? 
  • RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 737
    drfox said:
    Yes thats because you have a different strategy in the UK. In Europe we want people to have their second vaccin after a few weeks. In the UK you are giving as many vaccins to people that there is. Its not a way of good or wrong, but types of strategys. + a lot of countrys started a few weeks/ a month after the UK has started.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
     UK is  in talks with countries to have a travel vaccine passport,if u get the vaccine they will allow u to travel and no quarantine is needed..
    im ready..got my second dose a week ago 

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Rumours in the UK that Boris will announce that there will be no foreign travel for the rest of this year...
     UK is  in talks with countries to have a travel vaccine passport,if u get the vaccine they will allow u to travel and no quarantine is needed..
    im ready..got my second dose a week ago 

One of them being Greece 
This discussion has been closed.