2020 Fall North American rumour thread

Comments

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    I wonder how many people left the music industry.  Will there be enough people to fill a crew for concerts when they come back.  PJ won’t have a problem filling a crew though.
  • Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,541
    Planned "pods" in Madison, WI this summer http://www.fpc-live.com/madisonreturntolive/ (1512 people instead of 10K)
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Anyone ever hear of Moon Taxi or The Caverns?  Apparently this is how some smaller bands are approaching playing in 2021 and I'd love to see an EV acoustic show like this (doubt it happening but I'd take it).

https://www.thecaverns.com/above-ground/moon-taxi

I have tickets to that show. 
    The Caverns is know for it's "Bluegrass Underground" series. As the name implies it's a cave turned into a music hall. 
    They have built a stage outdoors and set it up in socially distanced pods and can get about 1000 people. 

Stoked to be going to a concert again. 
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    First concert ticket purchase in far too long

The Weeknd, Wash DC, Feb 13 2022

Feels GREAT to finally know when my next concert will be
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    First concert ticket purchase in far too long

The Weeknd, Wash DC, Feb 13 2022

Feels GREAT to finally know when my next concert will be
    I bought tickets yesterday for the Black Crowes show in July in St Louis. It is an outdoor show in 5 months, so it might happen. If not and it gets postponed, I still got pretty good seats for the rescheduled date. 
    The Super Bowl fall out begins, I’ve been saying it would open the flood gates for shows 

2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    edited February 2021
    The Super Bowl fall out begins, I’ve been saying it would open the flood gates for shows 

Looking forward to those shows!  My last 2 shows before Covid hit was Collective Soul.  Now my first 2 shows back from Covid will be Collective Soul. Love it!  Good start to end my concert drought. 
    Post edited by JojoRice on
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,055
    Collective Soul played an indoor theatre show in Clearwater at the end of December. I skipped the show because the set up in that place isn't ideal (only two aisles on each side of the venue, so you are walking past people/people walking past you to get to your seat) in addition to not wanting to be at an indoor facility wearing a mask the whole time during a concert. 
  • DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 514
    What are prices like for tickets? Typical, pre-Covid level? 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    DM282158 said:
    What are prices like for tickets? Typical, pre-Covid level? 
    Ordered tickets this morning for Collective Soul.  Prices were definitely higher than usual. I saw them at the same venue a couple months before Covid hit.  Big difference between show prices then and now. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Ny allowing 10% capacity for fans to attend arenas such as msg, Barclays, citi field, yankee stadium, etc 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    Ny allowing 10% capacity for fans to attend arenas such as msg, Barclays, citi field, yankee stadium, etc 
    A slow start to this as expected. Hopefully the number grows and grows and we can get full shows sometime sooner rather than later. Safely of course. 
  • The Ed and Mike interview on the Faithful Forum was interesting.  It sounds like PJ will never do a virtual show (which is not a surprise) but they were discussing with interest the Super Bowl which had 22k fans with spacing.  They certainly seemed to be on the page of the first show back not being jam packed like before.  It wasn’t clear if they would do something like that or wait for who knows how long until it can be like before.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,167
    Unless the pandemic takes a dramatic turn, I get the sense that Pearl Jam shows as we knew them will not be happening until 2023 at the earliest. Being one of the first to make the call to cancel, I think they will be one of the last returning to normal. At this point in their careers they are in a much better position to ride out a pandemic than most bands. I do not see them being a litmus test for show safety.
    edited February 2021
    FiveBelow said:
    Unless the pandemic takes a dramatic turn, I get the sense that Pearl Jam shows as we knew them will not be happening until 2023 at the earliest. Being one of the first to make the call to cancel, I think they will be one of the last returning to normal. At this point in their careers they are in a much better position to ride out a pandemic than most bands. I do not see them being a litmus test for show safety.
    I disagree.  They want to be back out there more than some people want to believe.  With a new album and a tour that had the trucks packed ready to roll, if other large acts start to play later in 2021 and early 2022, I have a very hard time believing PJ would hold out for 2 more years from today, especially with 25k people at a Super Bowl last week and concerts clearly starting to happen in some capacity again.

I would also venture to say the pandemic has already taken a dramatic turn for the better.  The vaccine will be completely rolled out in the US by July/August.  Once it is available to the public and everyone who wants one can get it, there is nothing more we can do besides going back to normal.  I think I have said before but if we sit at home, locked down, worrying about every single case and every single variant, we will be locked away until 2030.  There are going to be new variants, this summer, this fall, next year, 2023, 2024.  That part of the virus has always been expected and will continue to be expected no matter what we do, as thats just the natural course of a virus, to mutate.
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    Fauci just said its open season for everyone who wants to get the vaccine to start getting it in April. For all of the naysayers saying we are years away at seeing Pearl Jam shows again are you looking at the same info as me? Look at the trends dropping off in the last month in deaths and cases. Imagine what that will look like with a full vaccine roll out. What are you looking at thinking we are in this at the very least for another 24 months? Something catastrophic has to happen with the variant and vaccine not working for that to happen. I see at worse spring 2022 shows will be normal again if the current trends keep up. 
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    The day anyone can walking into their CVS or local drug store and get the vaccine with no appointment, they are going to have a difficult time keeping anything restricted after that. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • FiveBelow said:
    Exactly.  I said this previously and many disagreed, but Pearl Jam is going to be very cautious about this.  In listening to their interview yesterday, it's clear it's going to be awhile before they play again, definitely not this year.  
    FiveBelow said:
    Exactly.  I said this previously and many disagreed, but Pearl Jam is going to be very cautious about this.  In listening to their interview yesterday, it's clear it's going to be awhile before they play again, definitely not this year.  

Who disagreed with you that Pearl Jam is going to be cautious? They will not have shows until it is safe to do so. No one is going to argue with that. 

I think what a lot of people are getting mixed up with here is when people think it will be or should be safe to have shows again. Some think, myself included, when everyone that wants to be vaccinated has been is the moment we can do no better and things should be normal again. Others think this virus needs to be eliminated completely before we get to see a packed concert. At the end of the day what we think does not matter so all of the talk and speculation in this thread is just that. Pearl Jam will listen to the health experts and when they say shows can go on as they normally did pre-covid then they will do so. Will it be right away after they get the green light? I hope so. If not why would they hold on to our tickets as long as they have if their intent was not to reschedule as soon as they could? If they know today that they are still going to hold out even when it is safe then they should be refunding everyone and starting over.

I really think they have dates planned right now that are placeholders as do many other bands. If the shows can happen on those dates they start it back up and make the announcement. If they can not they push them again. This is all behind the scenes of course. 

Also to those that think we are years away from shows again you are essentially saying that we have failed for 2 plus more years with this pandemic. I am not sure where you are getting this information from that it is a possibility but everything I have seen with the trends in the last month and the efficacy of the vaccine tell me we are very much headed in the right direction here. 
  • FiveBelow said:

Who disagreed with you that Pearl Jam is going to be cautious? They will not have shows until it is safe to do so. No one is going to argue with that. 

More so disagreement over Pearl Jam being one of the last acts to return to tour just as they were one of the first to cancel.  Many thought they would be touring this Spring...nope.  People still think they are gonna tour this summer....no chance.  A lot of people think they are touring this Fall.....again highly doubt it.  
    FiveBelow said:

More so disagreement over Pearl Jam being one of the last acts to return to tour just as they were one of the first to cancel.  Many thought they would be touring this Spring...nope.  People still think they are gonna tour this summer....no chance.  A lot of people think they are touring this Fall.....again highly doubt it.  

If they are knowingly going to be the last acts back they should have cancelled all of the tours then and restarted. I would like to think that they will listen to the health experts as they did when they shut it down last March and they will have shows as soon as they can safely to honour those tours they already booked. 

Europe is not happening sadly. I have said in this thread I could see November being safe to have shows again but the planning and scheduling would put that to winter 2022. If everyone that wants to be vaccinated has been by the end of this year what makes people think we can't have shows then? This is the question I do not get or understand when people say 2023 and later. 

People are desperate for normalcy right now and shows is a big part of that measurement. If we can have shows again that means we are normal again and the world is a better place. There is nothing wrong with hoping for that to be sooner rather than later. It has nothing to do with being a realist or a pessimist or an optimist just hope for a better world. 

That said saying shows will not happen until 2023 at the earliest means 2024 and on is a possibility too. Of course it is a possibility but how fucked up is our world going to be if we still can not have shows at that point. That means so much has failed in the next two years and I would like to think as I said above that the downward trends in the last month and the efficacy of the vaccine are the news we need to hear right now and we are going in the right direction not the wrong as those predictions are suggesting. 

FiveBelow said:

Why is a tour still scheduled to start in 4 months if you think Pearl Jam won’t play until 2023?

I know Europe is 100% not going to happen and neither is this fall, but if they were planning to wait as long as you think, Europe would have been canceled months ago.  The band will only return when it is safe, I agree.  But as someone mentioned earlier, when people can walk into CVS and get a vaccine, that is as safe as it is ever going to get.
    @AmishGuy91 I would like to add that you guys may very well be right and I am not trying to prove you to be wrong. We are all on the same team here and all want the same thing. We have no clue truly what the band has planned here or their management has planned.  I just I do not see how we can not be normal in 2022 without a massive failure and collapse of epic proportions and I think I am so fed up with this shit that I can just not seeing that being a possibility. I also can not see them holding onto tours as they have without the intent of honouring them when they can safely can.
  • drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,051
    So many pessimists on here as always. U.K., US and Canada will be fully vaccinated by late Summer. Then it’s a case of people getting an annual September/October booster jab for the latest variants. Surely these types of events will be back next year (agree this year isn’t happening), even if it’s just in a handful of Western countries. 
  • FiveBelow said:

Why is a tour still scheduled to start in 4 months if you think Pearl Jam won’t play until 2023?

I know Europe is 100% not going to happen and neither is this fall, but if they were planning to wait as long as you think, Europe would have been canceled months ago.  The band will only return when it is safe, I agree.  But as someone mentioned earlier, when people can walk into CVS and get a vaccine, that is as safe as it is ever going to get.
    I never said 2023.  I've said the earliest will be Spring 2022.  PJ is going to take a wait and see approach (with the virus, with the vaccine, and with other acts going out before them likely this fall).  
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    drfox said:
    So many pessimists on here as always. U.K., US and Canada will be fully vaccinated by late Summer. Then it’s a case of people getting an annual September/October booster jab for the latest variants. Surely these types of events will be back next year (agree this year isn’t happening), even if it’s just in a handful of Western countries. 
    if the vaccine only gives immunity for 3 months, which is what some suspect, that changes everything. the US may also never reach true full herd immunity, with such a high percentage that say they won't get the vaccine. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    drfox said:
    if the vaccine only gives immunity for 3 months, which is what some suspect, that changes everything. the US may also never reach true full herd immunity, with such a high percentage that say they won't get the vaccine. 
    If someone doesn't get the vaccine voluntarily, that's on them.  The world can't continue to be shut down because people choose not to get vaccinated.  Agree fully with previous comments that the moment you can walk into your local CVS, Walgreen's, etc. to get a vaccine, we need to fully open again with zero restrictions.  As others have also said previously, this thing isn't going away.  It will remain a part of our lives indefinitely, just like the flu (no, I'm not comparing it to the flu).  Life will need to go on with this thing still in the picture, albeit on a much smaller level. 

• FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,167
    FiveBelow said:
    I disagree.  They want to be back out there more than some people want to believe.  With a new album and a tour that had the trucks packed ready to roll, if other large acts start to play later in 2021 and early 2022, I have a very hard time believing PJ would hold out for 2 more years from today, especially with 25k people at a Super Bowl last week and concerts clearly starting to happen in some capacity again.

I would also venture to say the pandemic has already taken a dramatic turn for the better.  The vaccine will be completely rolled out in the US by July/August.  Once it is available to the public and everyone who wants one can get it, there is nothing more we can do besides going back to normal.  I think I have said before but if we sit at home, locked down, worrying about every single case and every single variant, we will be locked away until 2030.  There are going to be new variants, this summer, this fall, next year, 2023, 2024.  That part of the virus has always been expected and will continue to be expected no matter what we do, as thats just the natural course of a virus, to mutate.
    The key being "Pearl Jam shows as we knew them." There will be tons of bands jumping at the opportunity to play some weird socially distant bubble show because they need the revenue, I simply do not think PJ will be one of them.
  • YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,377
    Wednesday, February 10, 2021, 12:00 p.m. ET

In a move that seems to mark a shift toward the return of live music in New York, Governor Andrew Cuomo on Wednesday announced that qualifying arenas and stadiums across the state will be able to start welcoming in-person fans for ticketed events beginning on February 23rd. The decision comes as the state’s late-2020 COVID-19 spike continues to dip and other facets of everyday life begin to return (indoor dining in New York City, for example, will resume this coming weekend).

Qualifying indoor arenas across the state and stadiums with a 100,000-person total capacity will have to abide by a strictly-enforced limited capacity of just 10%, and fans who do choose to attend a sporting or music event must provide a negative PCR COVID-19 test within 72 hours of the event. Mask-wearing, temperature checks, and assigned seating will also be required as part of New York’s latest step in reopening its live events industry.

“The testing to me is key. I can go see the president of the United States, take a test and if I pass the test, walk into the Oval Office,” the New York Governor said with Wednesday’s announcement. “This hits the balance of safe reopening. A PCR test is as safe as you can get.”

For now, the decision appears to mainly apply to athletic events. In New York City, both Madison Square Garden and Barclays Center plan to reopen with extremely limited fan attendance for their respective NBA and NHL teams. Citi Field, which is currently being used as a city-run mass vaccination site, will also aim to prepare the stadium for in-person fans ahead of the MLB‘s opening day in April. For more information on the gradual reopening of stadiums and arenas in New York, head here.

https://liveforlivemusic.com/news/co...tion-tracking/
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    this could end up being a bloody disaster. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD