Capitol Hill Riots

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    This was posted by a family member that was upset she couldn’t get on Parler. She refuses to even entertain the other side of a conversation. 
    She’s made up her mind and that’s that. 

There is no reasoning with people like this. I have to avoid politics when I’m around her. It sucks. 
    My brother and sister in law are just like that.

I argued with her when tRump passed his tax cuts.  Going back YEARS we have argued about Obama, deficits, GOP vs Dem, etc.  She railed on Obama forever about deficits.  Now that tRump has run up massive deficits she doesn't care.  I honestly thought we would have a discussion where she would admit to being wrong about deficits but she doubled down.
    it's far past policy decisions. now it's "if my side does it, awesome, if your side does it, fuck you". 
    Thing is I don't have "a side".  If something is fucked up I'll tell you.  I'm not a party first type of person where someone like her is.
    well for this doesn't encompass everyone. i mean for the hypocritical voter who is so entrenched in their party, that seems to be where we're at. 

i've said this before and i'll say it again: had trump or bush used drones to bomb innocent people to bits like obama did, the outrage on the left would be incalculable. that's just one example. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,812
    This was posted by a family member that was upset she couldn’t get on Parler. She refuses to even entertain the other side of a conversation. 
    She’s made up her mind and that’s that. 

There is no reasoning with people like this. I have to avoid politics when I’m around her. It sucks. 
    My brother and sister in law are just like that.

I argued with her when tRump passed his tax cuts.  Going back YEARS we have argued about Obama, deficits, GOP vs Dem, etc.  She railed on Obama forever about deficits.  Now that tRump has run up massive deficits she doesn't care.  I honestly thought we would have a discussion where she would admit to being wrong about deficits but she doubled down.
    Even before owning the libs and Trump became the only things the right cares about, they've always painted themselves as fiscally responsible, ignored GOP deficits, and bitched about Dem deficits (which, of course, tend to be smaller). I think it's just one of those things they believe in perpetuity regardless of what happens, like "the media is liberal," "college is about indoctrination," or "Abbruzzese is the best drummer."

1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    DOJ with FBI saying they are looking at significant felony cases tied to sedition and conspiracy from the Capitol riots.  Up to 20 years from some folks. This is going to get very interesting.
    they are expecting to make hundreds of arrests in the coming weeks and months. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited January 2021
    hopefully Goat Boy gets a long stint. at least Mama Goat won't have to support his dead beat ass anymore. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    can you imagine doing 20 years in a federal prison because you believed a cult leader's constant lies?

kind of scary.  Trump is basically Jim Jones and David Koresh without the mass deaths (not that 5 isn't 5 too many)
    pjhawks said:
    can you imagine doing 20 years in a federal prison because you believed a cult leader's constant lies?

kind of scary.  Trump is basically Jim Jones and David Koresh without the mass deaths (not that 5 isn't 5 too many)
    agreed. and like all cult leaders, he'd sell them all out for a row of Premium Plus. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Who needs cops and the national Guard?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn3KWM1kuAw
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    Who needs cops and the national Guard?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn3KWM1kuAw
    Brilliant and a pleasant break from all the crazy. :)

Falling down,...not staying down
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    the face of the insurrection and republican "strength" can't handle a tv dinner. oh how rich this is. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    great....

Police warn of new plot for 4,000 armed insurrectionists to surround US Capitol

https://www.yahoo.com/news/police-warn-plot-4-000-211420708.html

Police have warned of a plot in which 4,000 armed insurrectionists could descend on Washington in the coming days, encircling the US Capitol.

It was one of at least three armed plots detailed in a phone call between US Capitol Police and Democrat members of Congress, according to politicians on the call.

Meanwhile, it emerged that the FBI had warned extremists were planning for "war" the day before the storming of the Capitol on Jan 6.

FBI agents were aware that plotters had shared maps of the tunnels under the Capitol online, and arranged locations to rendez-vous in states including Kentucky and South Carolina before heading to Washington.

But still the National Guard was not called in beforehand.

The disclosure came as 15,000 National Guard troops were activated to protect the Capitol in the lead up to Joe Biden's inauguration on Jan 20.

Following requests from Democrats some National Guard members were being subjected to additional background checks to ensure they were not "sympathetic to domestic terrorists."

Chuck Schumer, the Democrat leader in the Senate, called for anyone in the mob that entered the Capitol on Jan 6 to be put on a no-fly list to stop them returning to Washington ahead of the inauguration.

He said: "We cannot allow these same insurrectionists to get on a plane and cause more violence and more damage."

Donald Trump declared a state of emergency in Washington and the city's Democrat mayor, Muriel Bowser, pleaded with Americans to stay away.

The FBI warned of armed protests at all 50 state Capitols in the coming days, and security was beefed up at government buildings across the country.

In a police phone call with members of Congress on Monday night politicians were taken through specific threats being made ahead of the inauguration.

One plot outlined by police was described as the "largest armed protest ever to take place on American soil."

Another was a protest planned to remember Ashli Babbitt, who was shot dead during the invasion of the Capitol last week.

A third would see thousands of armed people surrounding Congress to stop Democrat politicians from going in, which could result in assassinations.

Extremists might also surround the US Supreme Court and the White House, politicians were told.

Rules of engagement were being drawn up for how the National Guard should deal with armed insurrectionists.

Conor Lamb, a Democrat congressman from Pennsylvania, and former US Marine, who was on the phone call with police, said: "They were talking about 4,000 armed 'patriots' to surround the Capitol and prevent any Democrat from going in.

"They have published rules of engagement, meaning when you shoot and when you don't. So this is an organised group that has a plan."

He added: "They [insurrectionists] are committed to doing what they're doing because I think in their minds they are patriots and they're talking about 1776 and so this is now a contest of wills.

"We are not negotiating with or reasoning with these people. They have to be prosecuted. They have to be stopped. And unfortunately, that includes the president, which is why he needs to be impeached and removed from office. "The threats we are facing are very specific."

The internal FBI warning before Jan 6 was issued after agents picked up online chatter.

It included comments such as "Be ready to fight. Congress needs to hear glass breaking, doors being kicked in, and blood from their BLM and Pantifa [Antifa] slave soldiers being spilled.

"Get violent. Stop calling this a march, or rally, or a protest. Go there ready for war. We get our President or we die. NOTHING else will achieve this goal."

However, the memo, which was immediately passed to the FBI in Washington, also suggested that the words were protected by the First Amendment right to free speech.

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Gas em!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689

Sorry if this has already been posted.

edited January 2021
    Joint Chiefs of Staff call Capitol riot 'sedition and insurrection,' remind troops of oath
    Tom Vanden Brook USA TODAY  WASHINGTON – The Pentagon’s senior military leadership on Tuesday branded the riot Jan. 6 at the Capitol “sedition and insurrection” and admonished troops to heed their charge to protect and defend the Constitution “against all enemies, foreign and domestic.”  The extraordinary memo to all active duty and reserve troops left no doubt that the military’s top brass considered last week’s attack on the  Capitol to be a criminal act and counter to military values and their oaths. Army Gen. Mark Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, signed the memo along with seven other senior leaders.   “We witnessed actions inside the Capitol building that were inconsistent with the rule of law,” the chiefs wrote. “The rights of freedom of speech and assembly do not give anyone the right to resort to violence, sedition and insurrection.  

“As Service Members, we must embody the values and ideals of the Nation. We support and defend the Constitution. Any act to disrupt the Constitutional process is not only against our traditions, values, and oath; it is against the law.”  The Pentagon is seeking to determine how many troops may have taken part in the riot, which took place after President Donald Trump whipped up the crowd. The Army has found that an Army Special Forces captain was at the Capitol and is investigating what she did there. The attack and its aftermath left five people dead and occurred as Congress met in joint session to formalize the Electoral College victory of President-elect Joe Biden. 
    “The violent riot in Washington, D.C. on January 6, 2021 was a direct assault on the U.S. Congress, the Capitol building, and our Constitutional process,” they wrote. “We mourn the deaths of two Capitol policemen and others connected to these unprecedented events.” DC National Guard walk around the Capitol grounds, Jan. 7, 2021 in Washington.  Since demonstrations this summer after the death of George Floyd, a Black man, at the hands of a white Minneapolis police officer, Milley has sought to insulate the military from Trump’s attempt to enlist it in his political fights.  Milley and former Defense Secretary Mark Esper fought successfully to keep Trump from invoking the Insurrection Act, which would have allowed him to deploy active duty troops on American streets. In the runup to the election, Milley repeatedly stated that the military had no role in electoral politics.  The chiefs closed by noting that Biden will be inaugurated Jan. 20 and called on troops to remain focused on their missions.  The Pentagon was asked to review all members of the security detail for Biden's inauguration Jan. 20 to ensure they are "not sympathetic to domestic terrorists," Rep. Jason Crow, D-Colo., said.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    So if these deplorable Americans show up on the 20th armed to the teeth will the reserve’s fight them off? Wouldn’t that constitute the start of a civil war?
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited January 2021
    So if these deplorable Americans show up on the 20th armed to the teeth will the reserve’s fight them off? Wouldn’t that constitute the start of a civil war?
    I think it would be considered an insurrection...not that insurrections haven’t led to civil wars in the past...but I don’t think we are on the brink of a civil war just yet. 
    I would consider this more of a trailer trash uprising (nothing against those that reside in trailer houses).
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,812
    I live in Saint Paul, a capital city. I will not be going anywhere near that building from the 17th to the 21st. Thankfully I don’t really have that much to do these days anyway
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    PJPOWER said:
    I think it would be considered an insurrection...not that insurrections haven’t led to civil wars in the past...but I don’t think we are on the brink of a civil war just yet. 
    I would consider this more of a trailer trash uprising (nothing against those that reside in trailer houses).
    yeah, i don't even know what has to happen in order for it to be an "official" civil war. i would imagine at least one whole state would have to declare itself sovereign or it's governor (or trump) were actually the "true" president or something. I don't know. I don't know really anything about the american civil war. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    edited January 2021
    GlowGirl said:

Klepper has some brass ones.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Hobbes said:
    GlowGirl said:

Klepper has some brass ones.
    Yeah I thought so as well....crazy!
    The video posted here showing the bawling guy kicked off a plane was evidently NOT Capitol relayed and not No Fly due to insurrection related.
    It was no mask wearing related.

Fuck I hate the internet sometimes.  Gotta check everything because so many people are completely full of shit.

https://www.newsweek.com/viral-tiktok-video-twitter-man-kicked-off-flight-following-capitol-riots-dc-1560473
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,384
    edited January 2021

surely this is verifiable through security cameras...

• PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited January 2021
    The video posted here showing the bawling guy kicked off a plane was evidently NOT Capitol relayed and not No Fly due to insurrection related.

Fuck I hate the internet sometimes.  Gotta check everything because so many people are completely full of shit.

https://www.newsweek.com/viral-tiktok-video-twitter-man-kicked-off-flight-following-capitol-riots-dc-1560473
    It’s bad, and is it just me, or has there been an influx of fake “shock videos” on the net lately?  I think everyone is trying to capitalize on the discourse and are coming up with fake “Karen” incidents, “busted cheating” videos, and fight vids.  Most of them are obviously fake, but as long as they keep monetizing “hits”, I think this stuff will just get worse.  I just wonder how many watch them and get really riled up...
    I mean, all one would have to do is tag “capitol” or “riot” to their videos when news like that is trending, and they reap the benefits...it’s like a different form of “cat fishing”.
    I know it’s been happening for years, but just seems way worse now.

Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    edited January 2021
    Oh that flimsy floppy Graham needs to be kicked out of senate, I wonder what they ordered for dinner?
    https://twitter.com/zeldamc/status/1349218728165187584?s=21
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,384
    PJPOWER said:

It’s bad, and is it just me, or has there been an influx of fake “shock videos” on the net lately?  I think everyone is trying to capitalize on the discourse and are coming up with fake “Karen” incidents, “busted cheating” videos, and fight vids.  Most of them are obviously fake, but as long as they keep monetizing “hits”, I think this stuff will just get worse.  I just wonder how many watch them and get really riled up...
    I mean, all one would have to do is tag “capitol” or “riot” to their videos when news like that is trending, and they reap the benefits...it’s like a different form of “cat fishing”.
    I know it’s been happening for years, but just seems way worse now.

You're not wrong, it is definitely getting worse, people are going to extremes to capitalize on the discourse like never before and last Wednesday we reached a boiling point with people who have been manipulated by lies. 
This discussion has been closed.