Capitol Hill Riots

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,931
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,795
    edited January 2021
    Post deleted
    Post edited by Sea on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,795
    edited January 2021
    Yeah. And they also weren't "zip ties" anyways - they were fucking handcuffs.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mcgruff10 said:
    I have this feeling that is bigger than Q and Proud Boys and the coalition of white supremacists, and the regular idiots who allowed themselves to be fooled into showing up here. It smells of foreign actors to me. I think there is a whole other national security threat that none of us know about, that they're not revealing in the media (yet). We are in for a long investigation and I think we're going to be terribly, terribly frightened by what we learn almost happened here.
    Foreign actors?  Everyone who was arrested was from the us.  I have seen zero evidence of that.  
    Oh great, here come the conspiracy theories.

This is how so many people found themselves rioting this week.
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I have this feeling that is bigger than Q and Proud Boys and the coalition of white supremacists, and the regular idiots who allowed themselves to be fooled into showing up here. It smells of foreign actors to me. I think there is a whole other national security threat that none of us know about, that they're not revealing in the media (yet). We are in for a long investigation and I think we're going to be terribly, terribly frightened by what we learn almost happened here.
    Foreign actors?  Everyone who was arrested was from the us.  I have seen zero evidence of that.  
    No russians were going voting in the US election in 2016.

Doesn't mean they didn't have part in the outcome.

I doubt Russians etc only meddle two weeks before an election.
    You guys are over analyzing this waay to much.  Trump tells people to show up. Stop the steal.  Trumpsters from across the country show up.  Jr and Rudy pump them up.  Trump tells followers to March to the capitol.  They March.  The rest is history. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

You guys are over analyzing this waay to much.  Trump tells people to show up. Stop the steal.  Trumpsters from across the country show up.  Jr and Rudy pump them up.  Trump tells followers to March to the capitol.  They March.  The rest is history. 
    So you are saying Russia would not help fuel the flame by pushing shit on social media etc?

Occam's Razor
    I don’t think it was necessary.  Trump and the rest of the gop gave them enough ammunition.  
    Foreign actors?  Hell no. 
    brianlux said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I agree.  Interesting notion but I think it's a long shot.   
    The whole thing just emanates the feel of angry, poorly educated, gullible people fooled by the Narcissist in Chief. 

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,722
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

So you are saying Russia would not help fuel the flame by pushing shit on social media etc?

Occam's Razor
    I don’t think it was necessary.  Trump and the rest of the gop gave them enough ammunition.  
    brianlux said:
    mcgruff10 said:

The whole thing just emanates the feel of angry, poorly educated, gullible people fooled by the Narcissist in Chief. 

Is there evidence of foreign actors in that tweet?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Occam's Razor
    brianlux said:
    mcgruff10 said:

You seriously don't think putin on the ritz and his troll farms haven't had a hand in this? You don't think that some of these repub stalwarts aren't compromised in some way, shape or form? You honestly believe this is an organic deplorables uprising? Again, I'll ask, where have they been wronged in everyday  life? What grand injustice have they suffered? Unable to discern propaganda from facts, Tricky Team Trump TREASON Tax Cheat loves the uneducated.

But even so, what is going on with the enablers in elected office and the media? Why this blind loyalty to such a POS? Think there might be film of Murdoch with children? Others in compromising positions and situations? Its unfathomable as to the blind loyalty and there's more to this. Its classic krompromont. Q? Who invented it and where did it come from? Steve Bannon? Putin? Or a true Deep State plant? C'mon, a cabal of child molesting cannibals run the government? How fucked up to you have to be to believe that? And it's always just a reveal away, right?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Occam's Razor
    brianlux said:
    mcgruff10 said:

You seriously don't think putin on the ritz and his troll farms haven't had a hand in this? You don't think that some of these repub stalwarts aren't compromised in some way, shape or form? You honestly believe this is an organic deplorables uprising? Again, I'll ask, where have they been wronged in everyday  life? What grand injustice have they suffered? Unable to discern propaganda from facts, Tricky Team Trump TREASON Tax Cheat loves the uneducated.

But even so, what is going on with the enablers in elected office and the media? Why this blind loyalty to such a POS? Think there might be film of Murdoch with children? Others in compromising positions and situations? Its unfathomable as to the blind loyalty and there's more to this. Its classic krompromont. Q? Who invented it and where did it come from? Steve Bannon? Putin? Or a true Deep State plant? C'mon, a cabal of child molesting cannibals run the government? How fucked up to you have to be to believe that? And it's always just a reveal away, right?
    Did you just write two paragraphs of questions?  Dude that might be a record!  Congrats!!!
    I was specifically asking about foreign actors being paid to protest last Wednesday (I still haven't seen any evidence of this.)
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,168
    Kat said:
    A moment of positivity so we can breathe again........

this is just as good.   NJ Rep Andy Kim was so upset the destruction he helped clean it up himself.

https://people.com/politics/rep-andy-kim-whose-lonely-post-riot-cleanup-went-viral-shares-emotional-reaction-he-received/
  • mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Occam's Razor
    brianlux said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Did you just write two paragraphs of questions?  Dude that might be a record!  Congrats!!!
    I was specifically asking about foreign actors being paid to protest last Wednesday (I still haven't seen any evidence of this.)
    Then we have a Guns N Roses failure to communicate civil war here --

-- I am not saying that russians were in the crowds with MAGA hats on.

Some Swede was though:

Who's the man in the red scarf at the US Capitol? Sweden wants to know

https://www.thelocal.se/20210114/whos-the-man-in-the-red-scarf-at-the-us-capitol-sweden-wants-to-know

• PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited January 2021
    Post deleted
    Post edited by Sea on
  • SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,891
    Please discuss the topic not the people discussing the topic. If you see a problem post, report and ignore. If you cannot get along with someone, please put them on your ignore list. Thank you
    https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/67751/bombs-dropping-down-all-ages-forum

• PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    Sea said:
    Please discuss the topic not the people discussing the topic. If you see a problem post, report and ignore. If you cannot get along with someone, please put them on your ignore list. Thank you
    https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/67751/bombs-dropping-down-all-ages-forum

Thank you!
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,768
    pjhawks said:
    Kat said:
    A moment of positivity so we can breathe again........

this is just as good.   NJ Rep Andy Kim was so upset the destruction he helped clean it up himself.

https://people.com/politics/rep-andy-kim-whose-lonely-post-riot-cleanup-went-viral-shares-emotional-reaction-he-received/
    I saw that and an interview with him. It's mostly good people out there. We're all going to need to try to fix things and make them better and they give a great example by leading.

Falling down,...not staying down
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,552
    edited January 2021
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Occam's Razor
    brianlux said:
    mcgruff10 said:

No evidence yet of foreign actors in the capitol riot, no.  Clearly the article says that.

Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Occam's Razor
    brianlux said:
    mcgruff10 said:

No evidence yet of foreign actors in the capitol riot, no.  Clearly the article says that.

Thanks for clarifying that bud.  I am very weary of what is posted on twitter especially after that "no fly list" video.  

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,293
     Dozens of people on FBI terrorist watch list came to D.C. the day of Capitol riot
    By Devlin Barrett, Spencer S. Hsu and Marissa J. Lang

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/terror-watchlist-capitol-riot-fbi/2021/01/14/07412814-55f7-11eb-a931-5b162d0d033d_story.html

Dozens of people on a terrorist watch list were in Washington for pro-Trump events Jan. 6, a day that ended in a chaotic crime rampage when a violent mob stormed the U.S. Capitol, according to people familiar with evidence gathered in the FBI’s investigation.
    The majority of the watch-listed individuals in Washington that day are suspected white supremacists whose past conduct so alarmed investigators that their names had been previously entered into the national Terrorist Screening Database, or TSDB, a massive set of names flagged as potential security risks, these people said. The watch list is larger and separate from the “no-fly” list the government maintains to prevent terrorism suspects from boarding airplanes, and those listed are not automatically barred from any public or commercial spaces, current and former officials said.
    The presence of so many watch-listed individuals in one place — without more robust security measures to protect the public — is another example of the intelligence failures preceding last week’s fatal assault that sent lawmakers running for their lives, some current and former law enforcement officials argued. The revelation follows a Washington Post report earlier this week detailing the FBI’s failure to act aggressively on an internal intelligence report of Internet discussions about plans to attack Congress, smash windows, break down doors and “get violent . . . go there ready for war.”
    [FBI report warned in advance of ‘war’ at the Capitol]
    Other current and former officials said the presence of those individuals is an unsurprising consequence of having thousands of fervent Trump supporters gathered for what was billed as a final chance to voice opposition to Joe Biden’s certification as the next president. Still, the revelation underscores the limitations of such watch lists. Although they are meant to improve information gathering and sharing among investigative agencies, they are far from a foolproof means of detecting threats ahead of time.
    Since its creation, the terrorist watch list, which is maintained by the FBI, has grown to include hundreds of thousands of names. Placing someone’s name on the watch list does not mean they will be watched all of the time, or even much of the time, for reasons of both practicality and fairness, but it can alert different parts of the government, such as border agents or state police, to look more closely at certain individuals they encounter.
    It’s unclear whether any of the dozens of individuals already arrested for alleged crimes at the Capitol are on the terrorist watch list.
    “The U.S. Government is committed to protecting the United States from terrorist threats and attacks and seeks to do this in a manner that protects the freedoms, privacy and civil rights and liberties of U.S. persons and other individuals with rights under U.S. law,” a U.S. official said, adding that because of security concerns, the government has a policy of neither confirming nor denying a person’s watch list status.
    The FBI declined to comment.
    [Trump is isolated and angry at aides for failing to defend him as he is impeached again]
    The riot’s political aftershocks led the House of Representatives on Wednesday to impeach President Trump for allegedly inciting the violence — his second impeachment in a single four-year term — and may have significant consequences within law enforcement and national security agencies.
    Inside the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security, officials are grappling with thorny questions about race, terrorism and free-speech rights, as some investigators question whether more could have been done to prevent last week’s violence.
    While some federal officials think the government should more aggressively investigate domestic terrorism and extremists, others are concerned the FBI, DHS and other agencies may overreact to the recent violence by going too far in surveilling First Amendment activity like online discussions.
    Several law enforcement officials said they are shocked by the backgrounds of some individuals under investigation in connection with the Capitol riot, a pool of suspects that includes current and former law enforcement and military personnel as well as senior business executives and middle-aged business owners.
    “I can’t believe some of the people I’m seeing,” one official said.
    [Democrats demand investigation of whether Republicans in Congress aided Capitol rioters]
    The TSDB, often referred to within government as simply “the watch list,” is overseen by the FBI’s Terrorist Screening Center, which was created in the wake of the 9/11 attacks carried out by al-Qaeda. The watch list can be used as both an investigative and early warning tool, but its primary purpose is to help various government agencies keep abreast of what individuals seen as potential risks are doing and where they travel, according to people familiar with the work who, like others, spoke on the condition of anonymity because the work is sensitive.
    Often that can be done as a “silent hit,” meaning if someone on the watch list is stopped for speeding, that information is typically entered into the database without the individual or even the officer who wrote the ticket ever knowing, one person said.
    After the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing, for instance, the FBI quickly searched a similar database to see which people on it had recently traveled to that city or raised other suspicions about possible involvement.
    Before the Jan. 6 gathering of pro-Trump protesters, FBI agents visited a number of suspected extremists and advised them against traveling to the nation’s capital. Many complied, but according to people familiar with the sprawling investigation, dozens of others, whose names appear in the terrorist watch list, apparently attended, based on information reviewed by the FBI.
    [FBI investigating whether some rioters aimed to kill or capture lawmakers]
    Separately, while the FBI is hunting hundreds of rioting suspects who have dispersed back to their hometowns, federal agents are increasingly focused on alleged leaders, members, and supporters of the Proud Boys, a male-chauvinist group with ties to white nationalism, these people said.
    The Proud Boys participated in last week’s protests, and FBI agents are taking a close look at what roles, if any, their adherents may have had in organizing, directing or carrying out violence, according to people familiar with the matter.
    The group’s chairman, Enrique Tarrio, had planned to attend Trump’s Jan. 6 rally but was arrested when he arrived in D.C. and charged with misdemeanor destruction of property in connection with the burning of a Black Lives Matter banner taken from a Black church during an earlier protest in Washington. He is also accused of felony possession of two extended gun magazines.
    Tarrio told The Post on Wednesday that his group did not organize the Capitol siege.
    “If they think we were organizing going into the Capitol, they’re going to be sadly mistaken,” he said. “Our plan was to stay together as a group and just enjoy the day. We weren’t going to do a night march, anything like that. That’s it as far as our day.”
    Tarrio said he’s actively discouraging members from attending planned armed marches scheduled Sunday, and the Million Militia March next week when Biden is inaugurated. Proud Boys, he said, are on a “rally freeze and will not be organizing any events for the next month or so.”
    It is unclear how many Proud Boys devotees will abide by the freeze, or if such a shutdown might lessen the FBI’s interest in the group. Even before the Jan. 6 riot, federal and local investigators were working to understand the group’s plans, goals and activities. Privately, some federal law enforcement officials have described the group as roughly equivalent to a nascent street gang that has garnered an unusual degree of national attention, in part because Trump mentioned them specifically during one his televised debates with Biden during the campaign. Other officials have expressed concern that the group may be growing rapidly into something more dangerous and directed.
    The FBI has already arrested dozens of accused rioters, and officials have pledged that in cases of the most egregious conduct, they will seek to file tough, rarely used charges like seditious conspiracy, which carries a potential 20-year prison sentence.
    The bureau continues to face blowback over its handling of a Jan. 5 internal report warning of discussions of violence at Congress the next day. Steven M. D’Antuono, the head of the FBI’s Washington Field Office, claimed in the days after the riot that the bureau did not have intelligence ahead of time indicating the rally would be anything other than a peaceful demonstration.
    The Jan. 5 FBI report, written by the bureau’s office in Norfolk, and reviewed by The Post, shows that was not the case, and the Justice Department took other steps indicating officials were at least somewhat concerned about possible violence the next day. The Bureau of Prisons sent 100 officers to D.C. to supplement security at the Justice Department building, an unusual move similar to what the department did in June to respond to civil unrest stemming from racial justice protests.
    Mindful of the criticism that law enforcement took a heavy-handed, all-hands-on-deck approach to Black Lives Matters protests in D.C. in the spring and summer, Justice Department officials deferred to the Capitol Police to defend their building and lawmakers there. Some former officials have questioned whether the FBI and Justice Department should have done more.
    “It would not have been enough for the bureau simply to share information, if it did so, with state and local law enforcement or federal partner agencies,” said David Laufman, a former Justice Department national security official. “It was the bureau’s responsibility to quarterback a coordinated federal response as the crisis was unfolding and in the days thereafter. And it’s presently not clear to what extent the FBI asserted itself in that fashion during the exigencies of January 6 and in the immediate aftermath.”
    Matt Zapotosky contributed to this report.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,110
    i did not know we had an ignore feature :lol:

i thought it went away with this incarnation of the forum.

not that i would ignore any of you good people.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • mickeyrat said:
     Dozens of people on FBI terrorist watch list came to D.C. the day of Capitol riot

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/terror-watchlist-capitol-riot-fbi/2021/01/14/07412814-55f7-11eb-a931-5b162d0d033d_story.html

Dozens of people on a terrorist watch list were in Washington for pro-Trump events Jan. 6, a day that ended in a chaotic crime rampage when a violent mob stormed the U.S. Capitol, according to people familiar with evidence gathered in the FBI’s investigation.
    The majority of the watch-listed individuals in Washington that day are suspected white supremacists whose past conduct so alarmed investigators that their names had been previously entered into the national Terrorist Screening Database, or TSDB, a massive set of names flagged as potential security risks, these people said. The watch list is larger and separate from the “no-fly” list the government maintains to prevent terrorism suspects from boarding airplanes, and those listed are not automatically barred from any public or commercial spaces, current and former officials said.
    The presence of so many watch-listed individuals in one place — without more robust security measures to protect the public — is another example of the intelligence failures preceding last week’s fatal assault that sent lawmakers running for their lives, some current and former law enforcement officials argued. The revelation follows a Washington Post report earlier this week detailing the FBI’s failure to act aggressively on an internal intelligence report of Internet discussions about plans to attack Congress, smash windows, break down doors and “get violent . . . go there ready for war.”
    Other current and former officials said the presence of those individuals is an unsurprising consequence of having thousands of fervent Trump supporters gathered for what was billed as a final chance to voice opposition to Joe Biden’s certification as the next president. Still, the revelation underscores the limitations of such watch lists. Although they are meant to improve information gathering and sharing among investigative agencies, they are far from a foolproof means of detecting threats ahead of time.
    Since its creation, the terrorist watch list, which is maintained by the FBI, has grown to include hundreds of thousands of names. Placing someone’s name on the watch list does not mean they will be watched all of the time, or even much of the time, for reasons of both practicality and fairness, but it can alert different parts of the government, such as border agents or state police, to look more closely at certain individuals they encounter.
    It’s unclear whether any of the dozens of individuals already arrested for alleged crimes at the Capitol are on the terrorist watch list.
    “The U.S. Government is committed to protecting the United States from terrorist threats and attacks and seeks to do this in a manner that protects the freedoms, privacy and civil rights and liberties of U.S. persons and other individuals with rights under U.S. law,” a U.S. official said, adding that because of security concerns, the government has a policy of neither confirming nor denying a person’s watch list status.
    [Trump is isolated and angry at aides for failing to defend him as he is impeached again]
    The riot’s political aftershocks led the House of Representatives on Wednesday to impeach President Trump for allegedly inciting the violence — his second impeachment in a single four-year term — and may have significant consequences within law enforcement and national security agencies.
    Inside the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security, officials are grappling with thorny questions about race, terrorism and free-speech rights, as some investigators question whether more could have been done to prevent last week’s violence.
    While some federal officials think the government should more aggressively investigate domestic terrorism and extremists, others are concerned the FBI, DHS and other agencies may overreact to the recent violence by going too far in surveilling First Amendment activity like online discussions.
    Several law enforcement officials said they are shocked by the backgrounds of some individuals under investigation in connection with the Capitol riot, a pool of suspects that includes current and former law enforcement and military personnel as well as senior business executives and middle-aged business owners.
    [Democrats demand investigation of whether Republicans in Congress aided Capitol rioters]
    The TSDB, often referred to within government as simply “the watch list,” is overseen by the FBI’s Terrorist Screening Center, which was created in the wake of the 9/11 attacks carried out by al-Qaeda. The watch list can be used as both an investigative and early warning tool, but its primary purpose is to help various government agencies keep abreast of what individuals seen as potential risks are doing and where they travel, according to people familiar with the work who, like others, spoke on the condition of anonymity because the work is sensitive.
    Often that can be done as a “silent hit,” meaning if someone on the watch list is stopped for speeding, that information is typically entered into the database without the individual or even the officer who wrote the ticket ever knowing, one person said.
    After the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing, for instance, the FBI quickly searched a similar database to see which people on it had recently traveled to that city or raised other suspicions about possible involvement.
    Before the Jan. 6 gathering of pro-Trump protesters, FBI agents visited a number of suspected extremists and advised them against traveling to the nation’s capital. Many complied, but according to people familiar with the sprawling investigation, dozens of others, whose names appear in the terrorist watch list, apparently attended, based on information reviewed by the FBI.
    Separately, while the FBI is hunting hundreds of rioting suspects who have dispersed back to their hometowns, federal agents are increasingly focused on alleged leaders, members, and supporters of the Proud Boys, a male-chauvinist group with ties to white nationalism, these people said.
    The Proud Boys participated in last week’s protests, and FBI agents are taking a close look at what roles, if any, their adherents may have had in organizing, directing or carrying out violence, according to people familiar with the matter.
    The group’s chairman, Enrique Tarrio, had planned to attend Trump’s Jan. 6 rally but was arrested when he arrived in D.C. and charged with misdemeanor destruction of property in connection with the burning of a Black Lives Matter banner taken from a Black church during an earlier protest in Washington. He is also accused of felony possession of two extended gun magazines.
    Tarrio told The Post on Wednesday that his group did not organize the Capitol siege.
    “If they think we were organizing going into the Capitol, they’re going to be sadly mistaken,” he said. “Our plan was to stay together as a group and just enjoy the day. We weren’t going to do a night march, anything like that. That’s it as far as our day.”
    Tarrio said he’s actively discouraging members from attending planned armed marches scheduled Sunday, and the Million Militia March next week when Biden is inaugurated. Proud Boys, he said, are on a “rally freeze and will not be organizing any events for the next month or so.”
    It is unclear how many Proud Boys devotees will abide by the freeze, or if such a shutdown might lessen the FBI’s interest in the group. Even before the Jan. 6 riot, federal and local investigators were working to understand the group’s plans, goals and activities. Privately, some federal law enforcement officials have described the group as roughly equivalent to a nascent street gang that has garnered an unusual degree of national attention, in part because Trump mentioned them specifically during one his televised debates with Biden during the campaign. Other officials have expressed concern that the group may be growing rapidly into something more dangerous and directed.
    The FBI has already arrested dozens of accused rioters, and officials have pledged that in cases of the most egregious conduct, they will seek to file tough, rarely used charges like seditious conspiracy, which carries a potential 20-year prison sentence.
    The bureau continues to face blowback over its handling of a Jan. 5 internal report warning of discussions of violence at Congress the next day. Steven M. D’Antuono, the head of the FBI’s Washington Field Office, claimed in the days after the riot that the bureau did not have intelligence ahead of time indicating the rally would be anything other than a peaceful demonstration.
    The Jan. 5 FBI report, written by the bureau’s office in Norfolk, and reviewed by The Post, shows that was not the case, and the Justice Department took other steps indicating officials were at least somewhat concerned about possible violence the next day. The Bureau of Prisons sent 100 officers to D.C. to supplement security at the Justice Department building, an unusual move similar to what the department did in June to respond to civil unrest stemming from racial justice protests.
    Mindful of the criticism that law enforcement took a heavy-handed, all-hands-on-deck approach to Black Lives Matters protests in D.C. in the spring and summer, Justice Department officials deferred to the Capitol Police to defend their building and lawmakers there. Some former officials have questioned whether the FBI and Justice Department should have done more.
    “It would not have been enough for the bureau simply to share information, if it did so, with state and local law enforcement or federal partner agencies,” said David Laufman, a former Justice Department national security official. “It was the bureau’s responsibility to quarterback a coordinated federal response as the crisis was unfolding and in the days thereafter. And it’s presently not clear to what extent the FBI asserted itself in that fashion during the exigencies of January 6 and in the immediate aftermath.”

They knew and did nothing?!?
    guy with confederate flag andhis son arrested. from deleware.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,592
    mickeyrat said:
    guy with confederate flag andhis son arrested. from deleware.....
    Jayden X who was on CNN getting his two minutes arrested too. Claims he is a journalist but his Twitter acct full of MAGA shit.  Add some more felons to the growing list.  

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mickeyrat said:

Of course they didn’t they were all white and standing up for white supremacy.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Of course they didn’t they were all white and standing up for white supremacy.
    Hmmm?  I thought the FBI was out to get Trump?  So they are for him now?

• mickeyrat said:
    THAT was funny.
    "Come over here and try and take my gun.  But run your fingers through my hair first"
    HAahahahahahaha
     How battered D.C. police made a stand against the Capitol mob
    By Peter Hermann

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2021/01/14/dc-police-capitol-riot/

Blinded by smoke and choking on gas and bear spray, stripped of his radio and badge, D.C. police officer Michael Fanone and his battered colleagues fought to push back rioters trying to force their way into an entrance to the U.S. Capitol.
    The officers had been at it for hours, unaware that others in the mob had already breached the building through different entrances. For them, the West Terrace doors — which open into a tunnel-like hallway allowing access to an area under the Rotunda — represented the last stand before the Capitol fell.
    “Dig in!” Fanone yelled, his voice cracking, as he and others were being struck with their own clubs and shields, ripped from their hands by rioters. “We got to get these doors shut.”
    An officer since 9/11, the 40-year-old Fanone, who has four daughters, had been working a crime-suppression detail in another part of the District on Jan. 6. He and his partner sped to the Capitol when dispatchers broadcast an urgent citywide emergency call.
    “They were overthrowing the Capitol, the seat of democracy, and I f---ing went,” Fanone said.
    The officers at the West Terrace eventually pushed people away from the doors. It was only then that Fanone saw the immense, volatile crowd stretched out in front of him and realized what police were up against.
    “We weren’t battling 50 or 60 rioters in this tunnel,” he said in the first public account from D.C. police officers who fought to protect the Capitol during last week’s siege. “We were battling 15,000 people. It looked like a medieval battle scene.”
    Someone in the crowd grabbed Fanone’s helmet, pulled him to the ground and dragged him on his stomach down a set of steps. At around the same time, police said, the crowd pulled a second officer down the stairs. Police said that chaotic and violent scene was captured in a video that would later spread widely on the Internet.
    Rioters swarmed, battering the officers with metal pipes peeled from scaffolding and a pole with an American flag attached, police said. Both were struck with stun guns. Fanone suffered a mild heart attack and drifted in and out of consciousness.
    All the while, the mob was chanting “U.S.A.” over and over and over again.
    “We got one! We got one!” Fanone said he heard rioters shout. “Kill him with his own gun!”
    ‘Saved democracy’
    D.C. police had been worried for weeks about trouble on Jan. 6, when Congress would meet to tally the electoral votes and formalize President-elect Joe Biden’s victory. Supporters of President Trump who believe his false claims that he was the real winner called for a mass demonstration, with Trump tweeting, “Be there, will be wild!”
    The 3,800-member D.C. police force, responsible for protecting city streets, not federal buildings, had all hands on deck that day and asked neighboring jurisdictions to line up help if needed. The mayor asked the D.C. National Guard to assist with traffic control, freeing officers for more-urgent duties.
    But no such preparations were being made at the Capitol building, a prime target on social media postings calling for an armed insurrection. The Capitol has its own 2,100-member police force controlled by Congress. Its police chief at the time, Steven Sund, who resigned in the riot’s aftermath, said that he began to worry Jan. 4 and that his requests to enlist the Guard were repeatedly thwarted until the Capitol was already overrun.
    [How the U.S. Capitol Police were overrun in a ‘monumental’ security failure]
    Acting D.C. police chief Robert J. Contee III has said D.C. officers “saved democracy” by coming to the rescue of Capitol Police personnel overwhelmed by the crowd. Authorities said the attack resulted in the deaths of Capitol Police Officer Brian D. Sicknick, who had been confronting the mob, as well as four rioters, including a woman fatally shot by a Capitol officer.
    This account is based on interviews with Contee, in the top job just four days before the riot, along with members of his command staff and officers on the front lines.
    These police leaders talked of battles using metaphors typically reserved for wars, describing fighting on three fronts, including the West Terrace, one of the few places where police prevented rioters from breaking through. Had those rioters succeeded, authorities said, thousands more people could have poured into the Capitol, with possible catastrophic consequences.
    Nearly 60 D.C. police officers and an unknown number of Capitol officers were hurt in the siege, with injuries that included bruised and sprained limbs, concussions and irritated lungs. Sicknick, who police said physically engaged rioters, died the next day. Authorities said he was injured, but they did not elaborate.
    A time-lapsed security-camera video police played for The Washington Post shows the crowd building along First Street, near the Capitol Reflecting Pool, around 11:15 a.m. First, a couple hundred showed. Trump started his incendiary speech outside the White House shortly before noon.
    Inside the Capitol, the House convened at noon and the Senate at 12:30 p.m. in preparation for the joint session, with some Republican lawmakers preparing to contest the count.
    By then, thousands of Trump supporters were starting to stream toward the Capitol. The demonstrators were mostly White people, many wearing red Make America Great Again hats or other similar regalia, and some carrying Confederate battle flags.
    They began encircling an expanse of grass protected only by some makeshift metal fences and bicycle racks — and only a few Capitol Police officers.
    At 12:50 p.m., protesters jumped bike racks, the first of many breaches that day, and headed en masse toward the Capitol steps and the towering scaffolding prepared for the inaugural viewing stands and media tower.
    Capitol Police called D.C. police for help around 1 p.m., and the first officers quickly arrived, dressed in bright yellow jackets. Within 15 minutes, they streamed down the Capitol steps toward the surging crowd, led by Robert Glover, the D.C. police on-scene commander who this week was promoted to the rank of commander.
    He declared a riot at 1:50 p.m.
    [Former Capitol Police chief says he was rebuffed in asking for help for demonstration]
    By then, congressional staffers were being told to rush to secure locations. Suspected pipe bombs had been found outside the grounds.
    Glover, a 26-year veteran who headed the force’s Special Events Branch, overseeing security for presidential inaugurations and large-scale demonstrations, met with a Capitol Police supervisor to coordinate a response. Glover sent in two civil-disturbance units and kept a third on standby.
    The front of the Capitol is divided into terraces linked by stairs, and Glover first positioned officers on the middle terrace. Cmdr. Ramey Kyle of the D.C. police was directing officers on a lower terrace. Capitol Police turned their focus inside the building, confronting protesters who had gotten inside and securing members of Congress and Vice President Pence, there in a ceremonial roll overseeing the proceedings.
    Rioters who had scaled the scaffolding were on an upper terrace pelting officers with debris from above. Others were hitting them from below, armed with metal poles ripped from scaffolding, wooden 2-by-4 boards, bats, sledgehammers, table legs and 50-pound fire extinguishers. The mob erected a barricade from the debris, using bleacher and scaffolding parts to block officers from moving along the upper terrace.
    Police had exhausted their chemical munitions, which Glover said had done little to slow the attackers, and rioters inside maneuvered through the many passageways, only to suddenly appeared in the middle of police lines, causing further havoc.
    “As we’re pushing, literally foot by foot, we were taking law enforcement injuries, serious in nature,” Glover said.
    Glover ordered officers to take back the inauguration bleachers first, the “high ground,” to stop attacks from above.
    Help soon arrived. Police from Virginia — from Arlington and Fairfax counties, along with state troopers — and from Maryland, from Montgomery and Prince George’s counties, replaced hurt and tired D.C. officers on the front lines.
    Pushing people down from the Capitol proved difficult. “We were literally taking 15 to 20 minutes to get each stair back,” Glover said.
    Looking over the chaotic scene in front of him from the Capitol steps, Glover grew concerned as the battle raged. There were people caught up in the moment, he said, doing things they would not ordinarily do. But many appeared to be on a mission, and they launched what he and the police chief described as a coordinated assault.
    “Everything they did was in a military fashion,” Glover said, saying he witnessed rioters apparently using hand signs and waving flags to signal positions, and using what he described as “military formations.” They took high positions and talked over wireless communications.
    Authorities would later learn that some former members of the military and off-duty police officers from across the country were in the pro-Trump crowd. Glover called it disturbing that off-duty police “would knowingly and intentionally come to the United States Capitol and engage in this riotous and criminal behavior against their brothers and sisters in uniform, who are upholding their oaths of office.”
    In all the commotion, Glover lost sight of Kyle.
    ‘Fighting for our lives’
    Kyle has the rank of commander and works in the criminal investigation division, two things that on most occasions keep him out of immediate danger. He went to the Capitol to help process mass arrests and found himself battling.
    At Glover’s direction, Kyle went to an area where the crowd at first did not seem overly hostile. That quickly changed. “I was fairly certain we were going to be overrun,” Kyle said. “I scouted out an area we could fall back to another fighting position.”
    He ended up retreating through West Terrace doors.
    It had been a public entryway before it was closed several years ago for security. The ground-floor entrance leads into a tunnel-shaped hallway that ends at a T-section. To the left are private offices for lawmakers. To the right is the basement on the House side.
    Kyle got the officers inside and closed the doors. He thought they were safe, that the Capitol doors and windows were fortified to withstand blows and bullets. He found out quickly they were not. Thirty seconds later, people outside had already bashed them open and were headed inside. Officers raced forward to confront the mob in the vestibule.
    The violent standoff would last hours.
    Officers lined up six deep and five abreast. “We all just made a decision,” Kyle said. “We weren’t going to let these individuals in the building. No matter what.”
    [Inside the siege: how barricaded lawmakers and aides sounded urgent pleas for help]
    Rioters employed bear spray and other chemical irritants that blinded officers and threw smoke grenades that turned the tunnel pitch black. “If you didn’t have a gas mask,” Kyle said — and many officers didn’t — “it was almost impossible to breathe.”
    The number of officers changed by the minute — anywhere between 30 and 60 — depending on injuries and how long it took to step aside, recover from the gas that seared their lungs, and get back into battle.
    “We all believed we were fighting for our lives,” Kyle said. “We believed at the time that we were the only door in jeopardy of being breached.”
    Rioters took shields and batons and used them against the officers. One person threw a ladder. Kyle wondered whether police could keep holding the door.
    As rioters yelled “Heave ho” for one big push, he grabbed injured officers and told them: “I know you’re in pain. I know you’re fatigued. But you have to get up and get back in the fight.”
    ‘The zealotry of these people is absolutely unreal’
    D.C. officer Daniel Hodges, assigned to a civil-disturbance unit, entered the Capitol grounds with the riot well underway. He was quickly separated from colleagues, and someone in the mob grabbed his radio.
    The 32-year-old waded through the hostile crowd, only to be knocked down. Someone tried to gouge his eyes and others piled on top of him before a fellow officer wrested him free. He reached the Capitol and got inside. With no assignment and no way to find his supervisor, he went “looking for work.”
    He found it at the West Terrace doors.
    He had a gas mask and put it on, then worked his way to the front of the police line. He tried to hold the rioters back “as best I could,” he said.
    Shortly after 3 p.m., Hodges got caught between the interior glass doors, sandwiched by rioters pushing forward and by police behind him pushing the other way. His arms were trapped, then his head, on the rioter’s side.
    “I really couldn’t defend myself at that point,” he said.
    A rioter grabbed his gas mask from the bottom and shoved upward, tearing it off his helmet. Another took his baton “and started beating me in the head with it.” He took face-fulls of bear spray with no way to shield himself, and a video captured his agonizing groans and twisted face as the assault continued before he was finally freed and pulled back.
    “The zealotry of these people is absolutely unreal,” said Hodges, who suffered from a severe headache but otherwise emerged unhurt. “There were points where I thought it was possible I could either die or become seriously disfigured.”
    Still, Hodges said, he did not want to turn to his gun.
    “I didn’t want to be the guy who starts shooting, because I knew they had guns — we had been seizing guns all day,” he said. “And the only reason I could think of that they weren’t shooting us was they were waiting for us to shoot first. And if it became a firefight between a couple hundred officers and a couple thousand demonstrators, we would have lost.”

continues...

‘Like a barbaric scene’
    Fanone and his partner, Jimmy Albright, entered the Capitol through a door on the east side and rushed through the building. They ended up at the West Terrace, where they saw the backs of officers pressing against the mob.
    Another officer, dressed in a white uniform worn by upper-level supervisors, an eight-point hat and a trench coat, was doubled over in a hallway, hacking from the bear and pepper spray. Fanone recognized him as Kyle, whom he first met 20 years ago when both were on the Capitol Police force.
    Still coughing, Kyle stood and turned toward the officers holding the tunnel: “We got to hold this door.”
    Fanone made his way to the front of the line, relieving officers who by then could stay upright only by leaning on someone else.
    “It was body against body, just crushing, like a barbaric scene,” Fanone recalled.
    He yelled for officers who needed a break. “Nobody was volunteering,” Fanone said, adding that they all pointed at others and said, “This guy needs help.”
    Fanone and Albright had started their Wednesday tour as usual at 7:30 a.m. Assigned to a crime-suppression unit in the 1st District, which includes Capitol Hill, they usually patrol in plain clothes. But to increase visibility on a day fraught with tension, they had been ordered to wear their uniforms. Now they were in the thick of things.
    Injured officers were passed back through the line, one bleeding from the mouth and nose.
    As people in the mob dragged Fanone down the steps, he said he feared he would be stripped and dragged through the Capitol.
    “I was being beat from every angle,” he said. “I thought, maybe, I could appeal to somebody’s humanity.”
    With other officers swinging clubs, Albright pulled Fanone back inside.
    Aaron Davis, Paul Kane, Mike DeBonis and Karoun Demirjian contributed to this report

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,592
    The Washington Post has been cranking out some really disturbing but well researched and written articles.  Really great reporting. 
    mrussel1 said:
    The Washington P6ost has been cranking out some really disturbing but well researched and written articles.  Really great reporting. 
    hometown paper knows people.....

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,188
    mrussel1 said:
    The Washington Post has been cranking out some really disturbing but well researched and written articles.  Really great reporting. 
    Yeah, one of the reasons I have subscribed to them this past year. They have some top notch reporting that is still driven by facts and real accounts.
    It's a hopeless situation...
This discussion has been closed.