Capitol Hill Riots

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    How are we supposed to "work with" these kinds of insurrectionist scum?  No thanks.  Lock them up for as long as the law allows.   Starting wit their boss who egged this on. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,758
    I have this feeling that is bigger than Q and Proud Boys and the coalition of white supremacists, and the regular idiots who allowed themselves to be fooled into showing up here. It smells of foreign actors to me. I think there is a whole other national security threat that none of us know about, that they're not revealing in the media (yet). We are in for a long investigation and I think we're going to be terribly, terribly frightened by what we learn almost happened here.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    I have this feeling this was exactly what it looked like.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    I have this feeling that is bigger than Q and Proud Boys and the coalition of white supremacists, and the regular idiots who allowed themselves to be fooled into showing up here. It smells of foreign actors to me. I think there is a whole other national security threat that none of us know about, that they're not revealing in the media (yet). We are in for a long investigation and I think we're going to be terribly, terribly frightened by what we learn almost happened here.
    I've always felt like foreign actors are likely funding all these right wing propagandists ike Dan Bongino and Charlie Kirk
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Foreign actors?  Everyone who was arrested was from the us.  I have seen zero evidence of that.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    After watching the video of the murder of Officer Sicknick at one of the entrances of the Capitol, I can not understand how the f*ck trump has not been court-martialed, after those thugs tried to do exactly what was asked of them.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,869
    edited January 2021
    mcgruff10 said:
    Foreign actors?  Everyone who was arrested was from the us.  I have seen zero evidence of that.  
    No russians were going voting in the US election in 2016.

Doesn't mean they didn't have part in the outcome.

I doubt Russians etc only meddle two weeks before an election.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    Oh great, here come the conspiracy theories.

This is how so many people found themselves rioting this week.
    I just wouldn't be surprised if we discover some of these tools are being aided or paid for by foreign actors, or if there were foreign actors unknowingly in their midst.I think there are many layers of craziness going on, not discounting in the least the obvious one we saw. But I don't think it's the whole story. Time will tell.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,426
    After watching the video of the murder of Officer Sicknick at one of the entrances of the Capitol, I can not understand how the f*ck trump has not been court-martialed, after those thugs tried to do exactly what was asked of them.

court-martialed? wtf are you talking about.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    edited January 2021
    I just wouldn't be surprised if we discover some of these tools are being aided or paid for by foreign actors, or if there were foreign actors unknowingly in their midst.I think there are many layers of craziness going on, not discounting in the least the obvious one we saw. But I don't think it's the whole story. Time will tell.

Allegedly Clarence Thomas’ wife paid for 70 buses of transportation and posted some very divisive rhetoric. 

Internet rumor for now.
    Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
    mcgruff10 said:

You guys are over analyzing this waay to much.  Trump tells people to show up. Stop the steal.  Trumpsters from across the country show up.  Jr and Rudy pump them up.  Trump tells followers to March to the capitol.  They March.  The rest is history. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

You guys are over analyzing this waay to much.  Trump tells people to show up. Stop the steal.  Trumpsters from across the country show up.  Jr and Rudy pump them up.  Trump tells followers to March to the capitol.  They March.  The rest is history. 

He did a lot more than tell them to march to the Capitol. 
  • mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

So you are saying Russia would not help fuel the flame by pushing shit on social media etc?

Occam's Razor
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

So you are saying Russia would not help fuel the flame by pushing shit on social media etc?

Occam's Razor
    That's exactly what happened.
    edited January 2021
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Occam's Razor
    I don’t think it was necessary.  Trump and the rest of the gop gave them enough ammunition.  
    Foreign actors?  Hell no. 
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    edited January 2021
    The President is the Commander in Chief of the military, but he is not subject to the UCMJ like a member of the military is  He can’t be court martialed. If they were, Clinton could have been charged with adultery and making false statements under oath, which are both punishable under the UCMJ. 
    Post edited by JeBurkhardt on
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    mcgruff10 said:

I agree.  Interesting notion but I think it's a long shot.   
    The whole thing just emanates the feel of angry, poorly educated, gullible people fooled by the Narcissist in Chief. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• It’s a start. And I look forward to learning more about which corporations have donated to the repub insurrectionists so I can boycott their products and services and let them know that they suck. Hopefully Ted Crud and Hawley’s ass to jail lose donations and disappear after their terms are up.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©

Please stop. You know, this is not the first time I have offered an alternative point of view on this forum and have been dismissed -- oh, you're the reason the virus will never go away. Oh, you're a conspiracy theorist and this is how people found themselves rioting. I'm sick of the personal attacks, not just against me, but against anyone it happens to every time the mob on here disagrees with someone.

So no, I'm sorry, four days later, we do not have all the facts. You think our FBI, DHS, CIA, et. al, are not looking at every angle of this?  I sure hope they are, and no, they will not tell us every angle they are looking at. That's how our national security works. Some things remain secret, and I'm totally okay with that. I'm not spouting a conspiracy. I'm someone whose friends/neighbors work for the very agencies I named in this paragraph. I'm glad they do what they do to keep us safe.

Yes, all of the people arrested so far are US citizens. But there are tens of thousands of people involved, most of whom got in and out and will likely never be arrested. Some entered in ski masks. Some knew how to get around the Capitol in ways that could only happen if they had inside help. Computers and documents have disappeared. We have arrested some people in ridiculous costumes who stole podiums and gavels. Big deal. We have not yet found the people who stole the computers and documents. I hope someday we do, and I hope I'm wrong. I hope it was Cletus from Colorado and not Boris from Belarus. But we don't know yet. It's been four days.

Please stop. You know, this is not the first time I have offered an alternative point of view on this forum and have been dismissed -- oh, you're the reason the virus will never go away. Oh, you're a conspiracy theorist and this is how people found themselves rioting. I'm sick of the personal attacks, not just against me, but against anyone it happens to every time the mob on here disagrees with someone.

So no, I'm sorry, four days later, we do not have all the facts. You think our FBI, DHS, CIA, et. al, are not looking at every angle of this?  I sure hope they are, and no, they will not tell us every angle they are looking at. That's how our national security works. Some things remain secret, and I'm totally okay with that. I'm not spouting a conspiracy. I'm someone whose friends/neighbors work for the very agencies I named in this paragraph. I'm glad they do what they do to keep us safe.

Yes, all of the people arrested so far are US citizens. But there are tens of thousands of people involved, most of whom got in and out and will likely never be arrested. Some entered in ski masks. Some knew how to get around the Capitol in ways that could only happen if they had inside help. Computers and documents have disappeared. We have arrested some people in ridiculous costumes who stole podiums and gavels. Big deal. We have not yet found the people who stole the computers and documents. I hope someday we do, and I hope I'm wrong. I hope it was Cletus from Colorado and not Boris from Belarus. But we don't know yet. It's been four days.
    Carry on about this being a personal attack but it is a response to your words....you said you think we will be terribly, terribly frightened.  
    I'm saying that this sort of baseless conspiracy theory stuff is just the same as we hear from the people who make claims without any evidence about things that they feel are reasonable.

There is enough to be scared about with what actually happened and how deranged so many people are to make this attack last week

Don't get upset if some people feel differently than you do - that is not an attack.  Expressing dismay at conspiracy theories is normal behavior.

(abnormal behavior for other conspiracy theory believers, I guess.)
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Looks like Trump finally realized it doesn't look so good to his boys in blue to keep ignoring it.

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    dignin said:
    It's got to be jarring when you spend 5 years pretending everything you don't like is fake in echo chambers, comments sections, and social media.  Then, suddenly the fantasy land gets torn away when you can't duck away behind a handle to explain away consequences to actual crimes you commit.  
    Looks like Trump finally realized it doesn't look so good to his boys in blue to keep ignoring it.

apparently came a while after Chris Christie called him out on national tv.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    edited January 2021
    MayDay10 said:
    dignin said:
    It's got to be jarring when you spend 5 years pretending everything you don't like is fake in echo chambers, comments sections, and social media.  Then, suddenly the fantasy land gets torn away when you can't duck away behind a handle to explain away consequences to actual crimes you commit.  
    Yes.  This is what happens when people don't call conspiracies without any evidence conspiracies and allow people to build all sorts of thoughts around them.
    I actually am sorry for these people that this happened to them but I certainly applaud calling what they did terrorism and putting them on don't fly and watch lists.  

Edit - I feel sorry for them in a life journey observation sort of way....that they got so lost that this is where they ended up.  I don't feel sorry that this guy cannot fly around after participating in the riot, if that is what he did.
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

stop claiming every single dismissal of an opinion amounts to a personal attack. it doesn't. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

This discussion has been closed.