2020 Fall North American rumour thread

Comments

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    bbiggs said:
    PJNB said:
    If NA is not happening at any time next year there is no chance at Europe happening.

Pearl Jam has 2 festivals set up next fall. If the doctors and government say it is safe to play I am betting they are going to play. Is 2022 the safe bet for them to allow concerts to happen? Maybe but it is way too early to write off 2021 already and I can not imagine PJ is doing so. We will know a lot more by April after a large amount of the most vulnerable have been vaccinated. 

Again the government and doctors will decide this not Pearl Jam. Now if Pearl Jam is being told not to expect to be allowed to tour until 2022 by the professionals then that is a different story. I would hope however that they use the wait and see approach on how the vaccine works before making a decision like this in December 2020. 

The person who posted this has had reliable information before, as you know, so while I agree with what you're saying, I wouldn't be surprised if there is some truth to this 2022 statement.  Maybe PJ doesn't want to be playing to half full arenas if that is the initial mandate.  Who knows.  I'll continue to hope for Fall 2021, but will set my expectations for 2022 at this point. 

I would then ask what were they expecting to happen when rebooking for 2021? We are getting the best case scenario right now with the vaccine coming earlier than expected in December. I find it hard to believe that we have this scenario and they are not going to at least wait and see how the early roll out of the vaccine changes things. Again 2022 safe bet ya maybe but to call it off in December 2020 is crazy after rebooking. 
  • ClapperClapper Toronto Posts: 206
    . Until there is a 100% cure, doubt we will be seeing GA for a long time. It's gonna be reserved seating going forward. 
    Silver lining. Unpopular opinion, GA sucks and so the the rail campers. 

1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Chicago, Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II, New York I, New York II, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2018 - Boston I, Boston II
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    Not endorsing this one way or the other... just posting for info...

https://liveforlivemusic.com/news/live-nation-joe-berchtold-concerts-return-2021-watch/
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Clapper said:
    . Until there is a 100% cure, doubt we will be seeing GA for a long time. It's gonna be reserved seating going forward. 
    Silver lining. Unpopular opinion, GA sucks and so the the rail campers. 

If there is a system that doesn’t refer to seniority for reserved seating on the floor, then I am in. If not, so many people say bye bye to that chance of being close. 

Of course, still prefer GA. Feels more like a concert that way on the floor. 

Concerts 2021! Hold the hope!
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • ClapperClapper Toronto Posts: 206

If there is a system that doesn’t refer to seniority for reserved seating on the floor, then I am in. If not, so many people say bye bye to that chance of being close. 

I feel like there has always been balance for that with the band's previous system when floor seats are reserved.  Row 1,2, 9 and 10 are random draw so its not always the same people.  I think a lot of fans outside of the rail campers would be in favour of expanding that to include more rows close to the stage to expand the opportunity to more 10 clubbers. 
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Chicago, Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II, New York I, New York II, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2018 - Boston I, Boston II
  • What I’m hearing is 2022. Sorry guys and gals. Hopefully things change. 
    Noooooooooooooooo
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
    What I’m hearing is 2022. Sorry guys and gals. Hopefully things change. 
    Noooooooooooooooo
    Lol I know its not funny but I definitely read this with Michaels Scotts voice saying it. 
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,159
    Disappointing to hear 2022.  A bit over the top but expected of a cautious group like PJ. They need to cancel and refund if true. The draws were all 99% but 2 cities so its no big deal. Hard to imagine the itinerary is the same in 2022. 
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 1,990
    tschav said:
    At this rate I’d drop a couple hundred bucks for a 10c VR helmet and a livestream show. Everyone gets a rail spot without lining up and a much easier piss break situation.
    Don’t even need to “break,” really. 
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    edited December 2020
    Pfizer says they can't get enough to the USA until June or July.

Let's say that's 50 million people at two doses per person or around 15% of the population...if all doses get used eliminating spoilage and everyone realizing they need two vaccines. Herd immunity supposedly is somewhere around 70% of the population.

August might be too soon, knowing how safe the band is about things. They may want to wait until other bands start up and then wait for any additional waves.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"

Let's say that's 50 million people at two doses per person or around 15% of the population...if all doses get used eliminating spoilage and everyone realizing they need two vaccines. Herd immunity supposedly is somewhere around 70% of the population.

August might be too soon, knowing how safe the band is about things. They may want to wait until other bands start up and then wait for any additional waves.
    Pfizer is not the only vaccine out there though. 
  • PJNB said:

This is true, but isn't it one other company that has a vaccine above 90% success? I don't trust that Russian one that is below 50% success.

It's still not a positive feeling. The other companies better kick it in to triple time. A team is only as strong as the weakest link...in this case, Pfizer.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • edited December 2020
    Like everyone I hope that things change. Whenever I get info, I’ll try my best to pass along. Do I hope pj has concerts next year? 100% along with other bands. 

For now let’s stay positive and hope things change. Arcade fire is going to be touring in 2022 also since they have a new album coming out. Both are expected to be world tours 
  • drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,051
    I think everyone is being pessimistic. Let’s all keep our hopes up. Here in England they are expecting a significant portion of the adult population to be vaccinated by the Spring and I read somewhere that Biden is hoping for 100m vaccinations in his first 100 days in the US. Keep positive, we all need things to look forward to!
  • DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 514
    PJNB said:

This is true, but isn't it one other company that has a vaccine above 90% success? I don't trust that Russian one that is below 50% success.

It's still not a positive feeling. The other companies better kick it in to triple time. A team is only as strong as the weakest link...in this case, Pfizer.
    Moderna has 95% effective rate as well. AstraZenica at 70% last I read. FDA meeting to authorize the Moderna vaccine is on 12/18 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • DM282158 said:
    PJNB said:

Moderna has 95% effective rate as well. AstraZenica at 70% last I read. FDA meeting to authorize the Moderna vaccine is on 12/18 
    There’s no data yet but two others are expected to have data in Q1.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,159
    Actually. AZ is getting 383k vaccines before end of 2020. Just released by ABC News. Considering only the sickly and elderly need these vaccines we should be good to go by end of February. 
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    bbiggs said:
    What I’m hearing is 2022. Sorry guys and gals. Hopefully things change. 
    Yikes.  Not encouraging news, if accurate.

LeafsJay has been spot on in the past.  Crushing news for all of us fans.  
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    Actually. AZ is getting 383k vaccines before end of 2020. Just released by ABC News. Considering only the sickly and elderly need these vaccines we should be good to go by end of February. 
    Prime example why today (and tomorrow) are good days. Massachusetts rolled out their plan today as well, along with many other states. 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    DM282158 said:
    Prime example why today (and tomorrow) are good days. Massachusetts rolled out their plan today as well, along with many other states. 
    Our hospital in Mass got told our initial allotment today.  Im a healthcare worker so I was offered one, won't say if I said yes or no, but the rollout is officially underway.  
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,765
    PJNB said:

By April 2021 their will be a dozen different vaccines being distributed.

They should mandate anyone that had tickets for any of the 2020 shows automatically gets vaccinated first 😎😂.   
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • DM282158 said:
    Our hospital in Mass got told our initial allotment today.  Im a healthcare worker so I was offered one, won't say if I said yes or no, but the rollout is officially underway.  
    My wife got mad because she’s also a healthcare worker. I said, congrats on being part of operation human shield. If this goes the opposite way that it is being mentioned right now, we won’t have any healthcare workers. Lol
    DM282158 said:
    It is your RIGHT either way brother! 💪💪. Thanks for helping out the community here in Mass. 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
    DM282158 said:
    My wife got mad because she’s also a healthcare worker. I said, congrats on being part of operation human shield. If this goes the opposite way that it is being mentioned right now, we won’t have any healthcare workers. Lol
    A+ South Park reference. And thank you as always for the bits of info. Good or bad, we appreciate!! And thank you to your better half for helping out!!
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    DM282158 said:
    How can it be administered if it hasn’t been approved by the fda?  Good luck bud, thanks for all you do. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,225
    Maybe there will be another new album before the new dates
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • If they want to change up the pit, then they really should do the "random fan draws a random number" thing.

5pm. Be in line with your +1. Every couple gets a number. Say there's 150 pairs in line. Number 76 is drawn. They're first, followed by pair 77 all the way up to 150. Number 1 follows and number 75 is last.

They go in.

6pm. Doors open.

7:30. Listed show time.

Anyone not part of the fan draw can go in at 6 via the main doors.

You want to stop the line? Do it this way.

You want to stop people thinking they're in charge (when they're not) and putting them and their friends in front when they haven't been there since 3pm the day before? Do it this way.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    I don't think they're going to abolish GA.  For a few reasons:

1)  I don't think it really matters if you're in GA or Seated at a big event.  You're still going to be close to tonnes of people around you.    Think that your that much safer in reserved is kind of a laugh.

2)  I don't think most concerts are going to happen until Covid's well under control.  By that time it's probably not going to matter.

I prefer the GA system personally.   My seats kept getting further back every tour before GA.    I think it was from new rules they introduced over the years (letting people buy tickets to multiple shows, adding 4 lottery rows etc..) but every tour I was getting further back.

I faired pretty good with GA.  We wouldn't wait for rail, but if we showed up a few hours before doors we'd get pretty good spots. Hell we showed up at doors for Vancouver '13 and I was only about 5 people deep dead centre.

That's my thoughts.  I don't think GA is dead, mostly because I don't think we'll see concerts return until it's a moot point.
  • Zod said:

1)  I don't think it really matters if you're in GA or Seated at a big event.  You're still going to be close to tonnes of people around you.    Think that your that much safer in reserved is kind of a laugh.

2)  I don't think most concerts are going to happen until Covid's well under control.  By that time it's probably not going to matter.

I agree, with the exception that maybe not PJ but some bands might do stadium shows with distancing, similar to how some NFL teams are seating people.  If that meant getting shows several months or even a year before we otherwise would, that would work for me.

• tdawetdawe Posts: 1,990
    Zod said:

I agree, with the exception that maybe not PJ but some bands might do stadium shows with distancing, similar to how some NFL teams are seating people.  If that meant getting shows several months or even a year before we otherwise would, that would work for me.
    The problem with this, in my view, is that arena or stadium shows that are not at capacity generally suck. I don’t think I’ve ever been at a show in a stadium that wasn’t full or at least reasonably close to it, but I’ve been to arena shows that aren’t sellouts and they just don’t give me what I’m looking for (let’s not have the Newark 2010 debate again guys!). 

Don’t get me wrong - there’s almost certainly a way to do “socially distanced” shows that would be cool, depending on the artist, venue and the approach to the show. But seeing Pearl Jam (or another stadium-sized rock band) in a quarter-full football stadium sounds pretty rough. 

I’d probably still talk myself into going and get upset when I lost the lottery though.