2020 Fall North American rumour thread

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    DM282158 said:
    Mass just announced 100% capacity and all business restrictions to tentatively end August 1st. (Pending trends and such.). 
    And this day could be moved up earlier if things continue to trend in the right direction
    The Commonwealth FTW

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Got this in an email from Ball Arena ( Pepsi Center)
    Scroll down to the bottom...

• JH57554JH57554 Posts: 245

I'm sure this is going to get me some hate, but I'm going to very disappointed if PJ announce and sell tickets for new shows before rescheduling the 2020 tour they've been holding onto our money for.
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,927
    edited April 2021
    JH57554 said:

I'm sure this is going to get me some hate, but I'm going to very disappointed if PJ announce and sell tickets for new shows before rescheduling the 2020 tour they've been holding onto our money for.
    Not a new show. Its for the Denver show. Just a new arena name.
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    JH57554 said:

Pepsi Center show was part of the 2020 Tour
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    JH57554 said:

Denver is not a new show
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    TBD still flashes me back to the ill-fated second Boston show in 2010 that never was.

Fucking Newark. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    edited April 2021
    JH57554 said:

This should not get you any hate but I would be prepared for a couple of things to happen here. One would be an Australian tour in the our winter/their summer happening before the reschedules. I could actually see this being announced before the new dates are so they could maximize ticket sales like they did for Europe in 2019/spring tour 2020. Second would be there very likely could be new shows mixed in with the postponed dates. Fall 2020 was going to be both legs combined with Canada on the end of it after the election. I am curious when they do the two legs this time if they do the reschedules first or split them up and mixing new cities in that makes sense geographically. Third if the two fall dates happen this year I think they would likely add 2 or 3 more festivals. Also being a Canadian I am bias saying this but I would love the Canadian portion of the 2020 shows to happen plus whatever they were going to add this November. Have a cross Canada mini tour. Get that out of the way then tour in the US back to back legs late winter/early spring. 

Post edited by PJNB on
    JH57554 said:

Not a new show. Its for the Denver show. Just a new arena name.

Cool, I didn't realize that.  My statement still stands, though. 
    PJNB said:
    JH57554 said:

This should not get you any hate but I would be prepared for a couple of things to happen here. One would be an Australian tour in the our winter/their summer happening before the reschedules. I could actually see this being announced before the new dates are so they could maximize ticket sales like they did for Europe in 2019/spring tour 2020. Second would be there very likely could be new shows mixed in with the postponed dates. Fall 2020 was going to be both legs combined with Canada on the end of it after the election. I am curious when they do the two legs this time if they do the reschedules first or split them up and mixing new cities in that makes sense geographically. Third if the two fall dates happen this year I think they would likely add 2 or 3 more festivals. Also being a Canadian I am bias saying this but I would love the Canadian portion of the 2020 shows to happen plus whatever they were going to add this November. Have a cross Canada mini tour. Get that out of the way then tour in the US back to back legs late winter/early spring. 

I totally agree that everything you outline is likely to happen, and I stand by my statement that it will be lame to announce and sell tickets to new shows before the previous ones are rescheduled. 
  • NDJeff7NDJeff7 Posts: 204
    I have tickets to the Ottawa show, and I'm fully expecting those to not happen til next spring since Canada is still not in great shape. I'm fine if they announce some new shows in the US this fall that I can try and get tickets to, and I'll just hold my Ottawa.
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    I just had a visual of stadiums lining up and fighting each other for the rail. Is there a list yet?
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    As much as I would love them to reschedule St Louis for this Fall, I am figuring it will be Spring 22.
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    If they can do SHN and Ohana this fall with maybe some more outdoor shows added, and the indoor 2020 spring tour next spring that would be fine with me.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    Another outdoor festival announcement

2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 514

Not insignificant. 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    I wonder if there is a scenario out there where all of these festivals go on and the states Pearl Jam are playing allow them to play and Pearl Jam still backs out until next year. 
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 1,990
    PJNB said:
    I wonder if there is a scenario out there where all of these festivals go on and the states Pearl Jam are playing allow them to play and Pearl Jam still backs out until next year. 
    If they were set to headline Bonnaroo or one of these rando festivals I’d say yes. The fact that it’s Ohana and Clinch’s festival makes it more unlikely that they’d back out. I still wouldn’t bet on them adding more shows though, I think the smart money right now is on them just doing in 2022 more or less what they were planning to do in 2020. 
  • RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885

Damn, that's a great list.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    ^ Great lineup, indeed. I’ll be there. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    bbiggs said:
    Will you have access to pre sale tickets since you are in the platinum level of the Better Than Ezra fan club?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 1,990
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Will you have access to pre sale tickets since you are in the platinum level of the Better Than Ezra fan club?
    I’ve moved on from a lot of the bands/albums I used to like in the 90’s (he writes on the Pearl Jam fan club message board in 2021), but I still sincerely love Friction, Baby
  • drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,050
    PJNB said:
    As has happened in the U.K. Majority of festivals still happening here from July onwards. BST was one of the very few that was cancelled (assume due to PJ / international line up). Fingers crossed, the way things are going here, most restrictions will be gone by mid June. Theoretically PJ could almost certainly have played it this year but decided against it.
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • davidosdavidos Posts: 466
    I may be looking too hard but I feel like there are hints being dropped on social media... Also, side note, NYC fully open July 1. I don't see a reason why they couldn't do a "proof of vax only" tour... 

"All In."

"Can't Wait" 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    :lol: The band just sends me side stage passes at this point. 

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,374
    Desperately Wanting… a Pearl Jam tour!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    my desperation goes beyond arena pearl jam and who shows...live music, in small clubs is a massive part what keeps me happy&sane.
    this bad trip has not been easy for an old living dinosaur...i really really really miss live music
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169

Curious how much tix will cost for this to see Phil sitting in a chair singing.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    edited April 2021
    ^ i've recently learned to be less selective. i'm in for this. cheap seats, just for the light show, man. and maybe carpet crawlers...
    Post edited by helplessdancer on