WTF Podcast with Marc Maron

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    LukinFan said:
    Really looking forward to Mike Campbell's talk on Thursday. 

going to seem dated since its from before covid ...
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,971
    mickeyrat said:
    LukinFan said:
    Really looking forward to Mike Campbell's talk on Thursday. 

going to seem dated since its from before covid ...
    Yeah, I don't like that either, but it's better than nothing. Any other Mike Campbell fans out there, he's also on a recent Broken Record podcast with Rick Rubin talking about the Heartbreakers and his new album/band The Dirty Knobs. Pretty cool talk.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    This week's talks are going to be good... James Caan today and John Densmore on Thursday. Being a big Doors fan, I'm really excited about the John Densmore talk. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

Campbell talk was great. forgot how good the quality of sound is in person. I wonder if he showed marc what he was talking about.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    Campbell talk was great. forgot how good the quality of sound is in person. I wonder if he showed marc what he was talking about.....
    I was wondering the same thing. Great talk. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

thought densmore was very good. mentions pj and ed and jeff about 2/3rds through while referencing yield

mickeyrat said:
    thought densmore was very good. mentions pj and ed and jeff about 2/3rds through while referencing yield
    that was pretty cool. Right at the end too.

Finished the Brad Williams episode this morning. Never heard of him before, but it was a great interview, 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

Scott Glenn today...

mickeyrat said:
    Scott Glenn today...
    another unfamiliar one to me...looking forward to Bootsy Collins on Thursday 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Scott Glenn today...
    another unfamiliar one to me...looking forward to Bootsy Collins on Thursday 

it's fantastic....

The George Wallace interview from Monday was great! 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

Jodie Foster today.....

mickeyrat said:
    Jodie Foster today.....
    I started listening this morning. Great talk so far. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Jodie Foster today.....
    I started listening this morning. Great talk so far. 

didnt work last night so haven't listened yet.

• mickeyrat said:
    Scott Glenn today...
    mickeyrat said:
    Jodie Foster today.....
    I SEE A CONNECTIOOOOOOOOOOOON
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    mickeyrat said:
    Scott Glenn today...
    mickeyrat said:
    Jodie Foster today.....
    I SEE A CONNECTIOOOOOOOOOOOON
    didn't they talk about Scott Glenn too?

I finished the talk on my run this morning. Good stuff. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    So Hopkins is next then? I mean can't interview Demme now, unless he already has.
  • So Hopkins is next then? I mean can't interview Demme now, unless he already has.
    Heard by people who saw THE FATHER over here at a festival that its amazing
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    So Hopkins is next then? I mean can't interview Demme now, unless he already has.

no to demme

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    The Omar interview is awesome

just watched that movie. as a 12 stepper, well. I know it happens as depicted to varying degrees.

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    mickeyrat said:

just watched that movie. as a 12 stepper, well. I know it happens as depicted to varying degrees.
    Yeah I haven’t seen it. Plan to watch. Was a good convo about them both being sober and playing people doing drugs.
    mickeyrat said:

Yeah I haven’t seen it. Plan to watch. Was a good convo about them both being sober and playing people doing drugs.

its a rental or purchase. I watched on Prime.

couple good recent ones.

coming soon.

EDDIE MURPHY

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Appreciated the interview with Tim Allen, of all people. Though, at the same time - and for as much as he tries to think he's not political - fuck that guy, he's a dipshit.
  • H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    mickeyrat said:
    couple good recent ones.

coming soon.

EDDIE MURPHY
    Yes! This will be great. Need to get caught up on the last few. Not surprised Tim Allen is a knucklehead... odd choice for wtf.
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
    mickeyrat said:
    couple good recent ones.

coming soon.

EDDIE MURPHY
    I watching Coming 2 America over the weekend. I was SO looking forward to it, but I thought it fell a little short. Still looking forward to hearing Eddie's interview today.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    I hope he asks about the Arenas that Eddie had booked pre-pandemic according to Chris Rock 
    Appreciated the interview with Tim Allen, of all people. Though, at the same time - and for as much as he tries to think he's not political - fuck that guy, he's a dipshit.
    yeah, it was better than I thought it would be 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    MARC MENTIONS THE TOUUUR