Options

WTF Podcast with Marc Maron

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Interesting, thanks

I access through castbox, where I get all of my pods.  There is a monthly there, and it provides a lot of back-episodes, but not full access to anything.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,996
    Great interview with Sam Quinones from Monday who he’s had on before for his book Dreamland. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,699
    LukinFan said:
    Great interview with Sam Quinones from Monday who he’s had on before for his book Dreamland. 
    yes. eye opening.... as before too.

am doing the plus thing. this new kind of expanded thing is a little weird to me. I like the extra time with guests but he also has extra time for ads.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    LukinFan said:

am doing the plus thing. this new kind of expanded thing is a little weird to me. I like the extra time with guests but he also has extra time for ads.

I was thinking about doing the WTF plus, as well. I figured all of the commericals would be cut. Weird. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    I've only listened to the first half of the Patton interivew from yesterday, but so far, as expected, it's great! 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:
    LukinFan said:

I was thinking about doing the WTF plus, as well. I figured all of the commericals would be cut. Weird. 

ad-free on the archived shows...
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    man what a talk. Andrew Garfield.

the ending 15-20 minutes. wow.

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,772
    mickeyrat said:

Heard about this via the Oswalt interview, looking forward to it.
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

Yea, this one was a little surprising. Like Marc, Im not a Marvel fan (or comic book movies in general) so I wasn’t too excited about this one but it quickly got real. Great talk. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:
    LukinFan said:

ad-free on the archived shows...
    It should be all ad free for the premium 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:

Yea, this one was a little surprising. Like Marc, Im not a Marvel fan (or comic book movies in general) so I wasn’t too excited about this one but it quickly got real. Great talk. 
    It was his best one, imo.  (That I've heard)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    So this dude did a doc on Bowie. Sounded interesting. Also did the Cobain one and one on Jane Goodall.

Very engaged talk.

Brett Morgen

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    So this dude did a doc on Bowie. Sounded interesting. Also did the Cobain one and one on Jane Goodall.

Very engaged talk.

Brett Morgen
    Maron seems to be a pretty big fan. I believe he's come up before in conversation. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    Sigourney Weaver today

• Options
    Abigail Disney of that family. found it to be a facinating talk about the family history and use of the parks and company to highlight wage disparity in a documentary she made.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Abigail Disney of that family. found it to be a facinating talk about the family history and use of the parks and company to highlight wage disparity in a documentary she made.
    Looking forward to this one 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    edited December 2022
    free month of wtf+. choose either the archives or the full maron with this code....

XJTAVEMV

Post edited by mickeyrat on

• Options
    director scott cooper last thursday and courtney love today

• Options
    holy fuck. strap in for courtney....

• Options
    Yeah I had to turn the Courtney one off. Terrible.
  • Options
    Thoroughly enjoyed the Marc Summers interview.
  • Options
    I did too. I had never eve heard of the whole Burt Reynolds/ Tonight Show thing.  
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    edited February 2023
    LukinFan said:
    I did too. I had never eve heard of the whole Burt Reynolds/ Tonight Show thing.  
    Haha, yeah, I love how much his position hasn't changed either - it's basically still, "yeah, fuck Burt Reynolds."

https://youtu.be/8X-L8z52v4M
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • Options
    LukinFan said:
    Haha, yeah, I love how much his position hasn't changed either - it's basically still, "yeah, fuck Burt Reynolds."

https://youtu.be/8X-L8z52v4M
    I mean, he was being a dick for no reason 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    Haha, I know, I just appreciate keeping that attitude even when the dude is dead.

When I found out Burt didn't like his role in Boogie Nights, and the movie in general, I became less of a Burt Reynolds fan.
  • Options
    Haha, I know, I just appreciate keeping that attitude even when the dude is dead.

When I found out Burt didn't like his role in Boogie Nights, and the movie in general, I became less of a Burt Reynolds fan.
    Damn, I didn't know that either. Crazy

I love Marc Summers's son's reaction - "Why didn't you just pull off his wig?" lol
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,258
    edited February 2023
    That was one of the few funny moments that ever took place on Leno's show. 

I was just watching some of Maron's HBO special last night. Gotta check out the Summers interview
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2023

I was just watching some of Maron's HBO special last night. Gotta check out the Summers interview
    Glad you brought this up - what did you think of it? I watched it half in the bag after being out for dinner and drinks last Saturday night - gotta say, was kinda disappointed, quite honestly. Maybe it was because I wasn't totally paying attention, and will give it another whirl, but at the time I honestly found it to be a dud. Which sucks.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,258

Glad you brought this up - what did you think of it? I watched it half in the bag after being out for dinner and drinks last Saturday night - gotta say, was kinda disappointed, quite honestly. Maybe it was because I wasn't totally paying attention, and will give it another whirl, but at the time I honestly found it to be a dud. Which sucks.
    I liked it. Only saw about 10 minutes though. Around the part when he was talking about his dad's bout with dementia and his mom's boyfriend.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

I liked it. Only saw about 10 minutes though. Around the part when he was talking about his dad's bout with dementia and his mom's boyfriend.
    Got ya. Let me know what you think when you get a chance. I remember the beginning being solid. From what I remember it just felt like it wasn't good enough material for an hour. Will give it another go this weekend.