Options

WTF Podcast with Marc Maron

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,867
    Maria Bamford. strap in....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    mickeyrat said:
    this one is going to be fun
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,798
    mickeyrat said:
    Looking forward to this. I might go check her out at Helium here in Philly. Always a good listen, really good episode of her on Neal Brennan's Blocks as well.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Fuck yeah Naomi Klein. Awesome interview.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • Options
    Gary Gulman talks about Pearl Jam's "Elderly Woman..." song and how it tears him up every time he hears it. I love when he asks Maron about PJ - I think he ask if he likes them, and Maron responds with a simple, "Sure". 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    Les Claypool today.

Levar Burton was a good one last week.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Les Claypool today.

Levar Burton was a good one last week.
    I agree - Levar Burton was much better than I thought it would be. Les Claypool was great! Especially his Kirk Hammett story. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    What did you guys think of the Chevy Chase one? I thought it was awkward as hell and he didn't seem to remember much of anything. I would have loved some insight into his thinking regarding that talk show he did for about a week. 

Would have been much better before he got so old....and man, Chevy sounds old as fuck now. It was kind of sad. He's still a prick though lol. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    What did you guys think of the Chevy Chase one? I thought it was awkward as hell and he didn't seem to remember much of anything. I would have loved some insight into his thinking regarding that talk show he did for about a week. 

Would have been much better before he got so old....and man, Chevy sounds old as fuck now. It was kind of sad. He's still a prick though lol. 
    Yea, it was kind of sad. It seemed like whenever he got uncomfortable, we would make the same joke about leaving 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options

turned it off maybe 20 min in.

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    Les Claypool was good....I wanted more stories!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,073
    edited October 2023
    CAN'T
    WAIT
    FOR
    ARNOLD
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Rob Halford tomorrow!!!

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Rob Halford tomorrow!!!
    Don't forget Arnold a day or two ago
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    Rob Halford...awesome!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Rob Halford tomorrow!!!
    Arnold talk was great, even though you can see the gaps in his thinking when it comes to having a R-conservative perspective. 
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Rob Halford tomorrow!!!
    Arnold talk was great, even though you can see the gaps in his thinking when it comes to having a R-conservative perspective. 
    The whole "everything will be fine if the homeless gets an apartment" -thing? Hehe.
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Rob Halford tomorrow!!!
    The whole "everything will be fine if the homeless gets an apartment" -thing? Hehe.
    And the "just build more roads, build more lanes, put more cars on the road", "Ronald Regan said it best...", "regulations are the problem", etc etc....
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Rob Halford tomorrow!!!
    And the "just build more roads, build more lanes, put more cars on the road", "Ronald Regan said it best...", "regulations are the problem", etc etc....
    And something like "The difference between Republicans and Democrats are that democrats just want to spend". 

But ye, right - his whole "the problem is that cars are standing still, that is the reason for pollution". 
  • Options
    Someone who made his first millions on owning land before the actionstar millions started rolling in, are a bit biased when it comes to building things. 

But he is still a cozy bear.
  • Options
    Someone who made his first millions on owning land before the actionstar millions started rolling in, are a bit biased when it comes to building things. 

But he is still a cozy bear.
    I mean I can see where the thinking comes from, his upbringing, environment, etc etc. But at some point there's a complete lack of logic in his thought process. Like you want housing built en-masse right? You want people to have something dependable and provided? Sounds like the work of government to me and not the profit-driven private sector...

But anyway, funny and interesting dude though, definitely for as big of a star that he is he has a sense of levity & self-awareness about him - whether that was intentional or a matter of circumstances, he's a likeable dude.
  • Options
    tweeted about halford being on and having to dive into priest etc...
    then spoke of doing the same with joan baez , so look for that talk soon....

• Options
    Rob was great. 
    I thought the best part of the Arnold episode was the story about what happened before the interview with the workers 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    todays is one of those insufferable mark talks.

• Options
    Paul Giamatti on thursday

• Options
    Billy Joe Armstrong today.....

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    I haven’t listened to new Green Day in years, but this interview got me excited for the new album 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:
    I haven’t listened to new Green Day in years, but this interview got me excited for the new album 

theres video of them playing American Idiot on the fucking subway when doing fallon the other day....

• Options
    John Oliver today...

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    John Oliver today...
    I really enjoyed this one. Had me laughing a ton. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com