Options

WTF Podcast with Marc Maron

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,805
    edited February 2023
    find myself fast forwarding to the talk anymore. he is getting soooo fucking tedious.

mondays opening can be read in the email......

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    I thought his new special was hilarious 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,788
    Slight twist on this - just heard his interview on Stern. Fan-fucking-tastic.
  • Options
    stern had marc on?

wow guess he can quit everything now.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,629
    The Michelle Yeoh one was my favorite in a long time.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    stern had marc on?

Don't think it's the first time. Two neurotics, self-deprecating Jewish guys shooting the shit? Good stuff, sounded like they both genuinely enjoy each other's company.

Going to give his interview with Terry Gross a whirl...
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    mickeyrat said:
    stern had marc on?

Don't think it's the first time. Two neurotics, self-deprecating Jewish guys shooting the shit? Good stuff, sounded like they both genuinely enjoy each other's company.

oh thats right. this time she interviews him. did you listen to him interviewing her a few years ago?

had the inpression he hadnt been on or wasnt happy with it before?

Post edited by mickeyrat on

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    stern had marc on?

oh thats right. this time she interviews him. did you listen to him interviewing her a few years ago?
    Vaguely, I'll need to go back and listen to that as well, along with the last Howard interview.
  • Options
    wife and I went to see him in Aug. was hilarious then. close to 2 hours.

in this hour there was stuff we didnt hear then. still hilarious.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    wife and I went to see him in Aug. was hilarious then. close to 2 hours.

in this hour there was stuff we didnt hear then. still hilarious.
    Same thing happened when I saw him a few years back (I think it was for a special or two ago). He riffed a lot, which was pretty cool. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,629
    Interesting....got the idea when his son visited recently that pops didn't like Marc.
    Look forward to that one.
  • Options
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    think its better when they are in the can first then announce. been several times where he spoke of a plan to talk that didnt happen...

• Options
    edited May 2023
    WTF adjacent. Blocks with Neal Brennan, probably my new favorite pod. And Marc was perfect for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_whBbgySRbM
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • Options
    Last Thursdays episode with Warren Zanes of The  Del Fuegos once upon a time./ really fascinating talk.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Last Thursdays episode with Warren Zanes of The  Del Fuegos once upon a time./ really fascinating talk.
    I agree - great talk!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    Just finished it. Good stuff. Makes me want to read this book about Nebraska.
  • Options
    Just finished it. Good stuff. Makes me want to read this book about Nebraska.
    and Petty

• Options
    SHATNER!!!!

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    SHATNER!!!!
    This was great.

(Paraphrasing here)

shatner: that was after my divorce

maron: after your first one?

shatner: ....ffffffuck yyyyou
  • Options
    Cillian Murphy today..

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Cillian Murphy today..
    I didn’t know him but it was a great talk 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    Alex Winter of Bill & Ted's  Excellent Adventure fame was on Monday. Really good conversation. And Mark's guitar playing at the end was actually added to by a listener creating a fuller band sound on top of his guitar.  pretty good.

• Options
    In some ways it is a strange interview....one of the things I find distracting can be Maron's continual "yes", "yes", "yes" interjection as his guests speak.
    In this case, Maron just takes over much of the talking and then Alex says "yes", "yes", "yes" over and over.  :lol:   Marc is interviewing himself.  

I'm not finished yet, will finish on the drive home.  It is interesting and I will check out some of these docs.

• Options
    In some ways it is a strange interview....one of the things I find distracting can be Maron's continual "yes", "yes", "yes" interjection as his guests speak.
    In this case, Maron just takes over much of the talking and then Alex says "yes", "yes", "yes" over and over.  :lol:   Marc is interviewing himself.  

I'm not finished yet, will finish on the drive home.  It is interesting and I will check out some of these docs.

so much of that it seems is a need for Mark to look smart. To me stepping on your guests thought is rude. Oth it shows he is in the moment blurting shit out. that it isnt calculated.  It IS supposed to be a conversation after all.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

so much of that it seems is a need for Mark to look smart. To me stepping on your guests thought is rude. Oth it shows he is in the moment blurting shit out. that it isnt calculated.  It IS supposed to be a conversation after all.
    Agreed 
  • Options
    Oddly enough, I kind of like the "yea, yea, yea's" from Marc. Like mickeyrat said, it's more of a conversation than an interview. It could also be that I'm just used to it from listening to him for almost a decade. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    LukinFan said:
    Oddly enough, I kind of like the "yea, yea, yea's" from Marc. Like mickeyrat said, it's more of a conversation than an interview. It could also be that I'm just used to it from listening to him for almost a decade. 
    Yeah 
  • Options
    ;)