What was the last movie you watched?

Comments

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    Coneheads

I had never seen it before (only parts of it before). Meh, it was ok, didn't really laugh at all, maybe one chuckle. Was never a big fan of the SNL skit. Only SNL skit that worked for the movies was Wayne's World and Blues Brothers (original)
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Coneheads

I had never seen it before (only parts of it before). Meh, it was ok, didn't really laugh at all, maybe one chuckle. Was never a big fan of the SNL skit. Only SNL skit that worked for the movies was Wayne's World and Blues Brothers (original)
    No love for Superstar?

I wasn't an SNL watcher at the time, so I was unfamiliar with the character. But that movie had me doubled over with laughter when I saw it.

Catholic school girl who has a one-sided BDSM romance with a tree is right in my comedic wheelhouse. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    Coneheads

No love for Superstar?

I wasn't an SNL watcher at the time, so I was unfamiliar with the character. But that movie had me doubled over with laughter when I saw it.

Catholic school girl who has a one-sided BDSM romance with a tree is right in my comedic wheelhouse. 

Well never saw Superstar and no real desire to see it.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Borat 2. I like!
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    dankind said:
    Coneheads

No love for Superstar?

The Ladies Man was another one that had me rolling. I'm guessing if I were an avid SNL viewer at the time, both of these films perhaps wouldn't have been as hilarious.

But the opening line "I'd like to buy you a fish sandwich" is classic!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,052
    finally got around to seeing Joker 
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    Coneheads

No love for Superstar?

The Ladies Man was another one that had me rolling. I'm guessing if I were an avid SNL viewer at the time, both of these films perhaps wouldn't have been as hilarious.

But the opening line "I'd like to buy you a fish sandwich" is classic!

I love TLM.  He always makes me laugh.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    "Light of My Life" 
    Disturbing but really well done.  Kind of wish I'd started this early enough to follow with something short but lighter.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:
    "Light of My Life" 
    Disturbing but really well done.  Kind of wish I'd started this early enough to follow with something short but lighter.

Holy shit!

I hope child services monitored the making of this film closely.

I would not be comfortable at all financing a film by a known sexual assaulter, let alone one that pairs a known sexual assaulter with a little girl.

Un-fucking-believable!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:
    "Light of My Life" 

Holy shit!

I would not be comfortable at all financing a film by a known sexual assaulter, let alone one that pairs a known sexual assaulter with a little girl.

Un-fucking-believable!

Well, kind of believable....Hollywood hasn't had enough of a cleansing yet.  Still lots of Kevin Spacey fan types out there.
    "But I love K-Pax!"
    Polanski
    Harvey
    Allen
    Singer
    Ratner
    Half of the people associated with Growing Pains
    Cosby
    Jimmy Franco
    That kid from Stanford Swim Team -- I expect he will be a Director at some point.

Well, I guess Harvey & Cosby are totally trashed now.  Everyone else can work, in some capacity, right?
    But old, crusty, white dudes still run the show.
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    Project Wild Thing (2013)
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Jumanji: The Next Level
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    edited November 2020
    The Entity (1982)
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Pulp Fiction
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    dankind said:
    The Entity (1982)
    Barbara Hershey!

I remember reading the book too. 
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:
    "Light of My Life" 

Holy shit!

Un-fucking-believable!

I didn't know about those allegations against Affleck, so I did a little research.  What I found  doesn't seem to confirm the allegations were legitimate.  If so, bad news!  But if not, bad on the false accusations.  You say "known sexual assaulter".   Would appreciate some evidence if you have a link, thanks.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

I watched "Final Destination" last night because I had read some positive reviews.  No the worst movie I've ever seen but certainly not the best.  For me it definitely did not meet the expectation the positive reviews gave it.  Gotta say though, that closing shot was hilarious!

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    brianlux said:
    I watched "Final Destination" last night because I had read some positive reviews.  No the worst movie I've ever seen but certainly not the best.  For me it definitely did not meet the expectation the positive reviews gave it.  Gotta say though, that closing shot was hilarious!
    Was it the first one you watched? I think I have seen all five of them 😊
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
    brianlux said:
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:
    "Light of My Life" 

Holy shit!

Un-fucking-believable!

I didn't know about those allegations against Affleck, so I did a little research.  What I found  doesn't seem to confirm the allegations were legitimate.  If so, bad news!  But if not, bad on the false accusations.  You say "known sexual assaulter".   Would appreciate some evidence if you have a link, thanks.
    Settlements in these cases usually aren’t so much evidence as they are quasi admissions of guilt. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    GlowGirl said:
    brianlux said:
    Was it the first one you watched? I think I have seen all five of them 😊

Five?!  Oh my!

dankind said:
    brianlux said:
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:
    "Light of My Life" 

Holy shit!

Un-fucking-believable!

Settlements in these cases usually aren’t so much evidence as they are quasi admissions of guilt. 

Well, I wish I knew for sure.  This is a tricky topic.  Some people said to be guilty are innocent, and others get off scot-free who are guilty. 

The topic is important to me because I have seen the painful results of abuse to women whom I know and have known.  Two I won't talk about because they are too close.  One I will mention because she died.  She was sexually abused and the pain of that abuse led her to decide to drink herself to death.  She succeeded in that end.  That was very painful.  She was a close friend.

On the flip side, I know a fellow who was falsely accused of rape and his life is ruined.  That too is a painful travesty. 

This is a very hard subject.  Very unsettling.  Too many lives ruined on both sides ("sides", for lack of a better word), and too many get away with murder. 

We're the Millers and Superbad (they were on Comedy Central back to back)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    Hail Satan?

I loved this documentary.  A little one-side maybe, yet entertaining.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
    brianlux said:
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:
    "Light of My Life" 

Holy shit!

Un-fucking-believable!

Well, I wish I knew for sure.  This is a tricky topic.  Some people said to be guilty are innocent, and others get off scot-free who are guilty. 

The topic is important to me because I have seen the painful results of abuse to women whom I know and have known.  Two I won't talk about because they are too close.  One I will mention because she died.  She was sexually abused and the pain of that abuse led her to decide to drink herself to death.  She succeeded in that end.  That was very painful.  She was a close friend.

On the flip side, I know a fellow who was falsely accused of rape and his life is ruined.  That too is a painful travesty. 

This is a very hard subject.  Very unsettling.  Too many lives ruined on both sides ("sides", for lack of a better word), and too many get away with murder. 
    Affleck’s life isn’t ruined. He’ll be just fine. 

And I get it. A lot of times with these celebrity cases, it just comes down to what someone is going to believe from they glean from that celebrity’s character. But, of course, most of us don’t know these people, so it comes from what we’ve seen them reveal in their art and interviews and the company they keep. And personal prejudice certainly plays a role.

A confluence of those factors, plus the settlement, plus the no-shows during awards season when this story was out all lead me to believe the accusers in this case.

There are other such cases in which I believe the accused, though. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:
    "Light of My Life" 

Holy shit!

Un-fucking-believable!

Affleck’s life isn’t ruined. He’ll be just fine. 

And I get it. A lot of times with these celebrity cases, it just comes down to what someone is going to believe from they glean from that celebrity’s character. But, of course, most of us don’t know these people, so it comes from what we’ve seen them reveal in their art and interviews and the company they keep. And personal prejudice certainly plays a role.

A confluence of those factors, plus the settlement, plus the no-shows during awards season when this story was out all lead me to believe the accusers in this case.

There are other such cases in which I believe the accused, though. 

It's just too bad we can't know for certain because I would never support an abuser- would not even rent a movie of an abuser.  For example- Bill Cosby.  I would never rent one of his movies or carry one of his records in my inventory.  No way!

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Ron White: A Little Unprofessional. 

I adore him and his sick humor. Made us cry from laughing - the best!
    Green Book
    Probably the fifth time watching
      Love this movie.

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Fargo 
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD