Love J.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    edited July 2020
    dudeman said:
    Nice! Thanks for that. 

Love J.

Yeah, pretty cool! :smile:

Did you happen to catch that "Fender PLAY Live" that I posted on June 24th?  I wasn't real impressed by the interviewer and J was in even more of an "I just woke up" kind of mood than normal, but I just cracked up at about 22:12 where you hear somebody (his wife maybe?) say something in the background and J waves them off and then you here this clinking of some dishes and J just freezes for a second and has this stoney look that kind of says, "Can't you see I'm doing a fucking interview here?"  :lol: 
    Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    Finally got some live music last night and it was these dudes. Drive-in show and it went off really well. They played a couple new songs - one that Lou sings is pretty great. Enjoy a couple bad photos of the setup.

pjl44 said:
    Finally got some live music last night and it was these dudes. Drive-in show and it went off really well. They played a couple new songs - one that Lou sings is pretty great. Enjoy a couple bad photos of the setup.

OMG, that is SO COOL!  I don't go to shows anymore because of my hearing damage.  The last show I went to was at an outdoor club featuring  my drummer buddy Andy's band (Carlton Melton), and because they were super loud, I had to sit in my car to listen.  So a show like this with one of my all-time favorite bands would be perfect!!!  I hope they do something like that our here!  How cool!  :smiley:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    brianlux said:
    pjl44 said:

OMG, that is SO COOL!  I don't go to shows anymore because of my hearing damage.  The last show I went to was at an outdoor club featuring  my drummer buddy Andy's band (Carlton Melton), and because they were super loud, I had to sit in my car to listen.  So a show like this with one of my all-time favorite bands would be perfect!!!  I hope they do something like that our here!  How cool!  :smiley:
    In this case you literally could have sat in your car and tuned in to an FM station to listen. Which I guess means there's probably a broadcast out there if someone grabbed it.
    pjl44 said:
    brianlux said:
    pjl44 said:

In this case you literally could have sat in your car and tuned in to an FM station to listen. Which I guess means there's probably a broadcast out there if someone grabbed it.
    Sweet!

edited September 2020
    A great cover of one of my favorite songs from one of my favorite bands and it features J Macis! 

• goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    goldrush said:

Oh!  I want to see this!  I don't do Amazon and it's not on Net Flicks.  I have to track this down somehow!

Here's the Swanzey, NH Dino show.  Pretty good sound.  Opens with a favorite, The Lung!  Whoo hoo!!!

• petted101petted101 Posts: 188
    edited October 2020
    Post edited by petted101 on
    petted101 said:
    Nice! Thanks for the heads up.

I just spotted this J Mascis solo acoustic 3cd set on there as well, I hadn't heard anything about this one before

https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/j-mascis-fed-up-and-feeling-strange-live-and-in-person-1993-1998-3cd/

(Tim Rogers)
    Dinosaur Jr live stream coming up on 28/11. Tickets are only $15

@brianlux may be a great way to see them live without destroying your ears!

https://dinosaurjr.myshopify.com/

(Tim Rogers)
    goldrush said:
    Dinosaur Jr live stream coming up on 28/11. Tickets are only $15

@brianlux may be a great way to see them live without destroying your ears!

https://dinosaurjr.myshopify.com/

Cool!  Thanks for the heads up!   Probably will be a long shot for me though because my ISP went out of business and the only option here these days is Hughes Net (satellite) which is too slow to stream. 

Remastered audio of the full show from the 2006 DVD 'Live In The Middle East' has been made available on the Dinosaur Jr Bandcamp page. Only $9 for the full album.

https://dinosaurjr.bandcamp.com/album/live-in-the-middle-east-2

(Tim Rogers)
    goldrush said:
    Remastered audio of the full show from the 2006 DVD 'Live In The Middle East' has been made available on the Dinosaur Jr Bandcamp page. Only $9 for the full album.

https://dinosaurjr.bandcamp.com/album/live-in-the-middle-east-2

Oh wow!  I have the 2006 DVD and the sound is awful, but I can't stream because my new ISP which is the only thing available here really sucks, so I no use me springing for this.  I wish they would re-issue the DVD with better sound. 

But that said, the version of "The Lung" on this is so outta sight!  I have watched it a BUNCH of times!  I love that spot in J's solo where the camera pans in slightly on his face and you can see clearly how totally in the zone he is.  Fantastic!  And thankfully the sound on that track seems a bit better than some of the others.    And that version of "Chunks" in the extras is such a gas with J banging one of Murph's cymbals with the head of guitar.  Totally cool! 

J and Kim Gordon performed a new song (with Fred Armisen) for this year's SMooCH benefit at the weekend.
    Skip to around the 7:00 mark to see 'Abstract Blues'

https://youtu.be/NXxWAso5PJQ

(Tim Rogers)
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    as loud as J is (and he’s fucking loud!), dinosaur is surprisingly melodic.

Brian - I have Farm and Where You Been. what should I get next? I love, love, love Farm.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited December 2020
    Wobbie said:
    as loud as J is (and he’s fucking loud!), dinosaur is surprisingly melodic.

Brian - I have Farm and Where You Been. what should I get next? I love, love, love Farm.

Oh man, Farm is my favorite! 
    I would say go with Give a Glimpse of What Yer Not would be a fine choice for the next one.  I was listening to that one last night and just marveling at some of the incredible melodies.  Power-pop on steroids!    Give a Glimpse  peters out a bit on a few cuts on side two for me (but I love Knocked around, especially the first half of that song), but otherwise it's a solid album with some terrific songs rife with great melodies, with that BIG Dino sound, some great J solos, and a pair of fine Lou Barlow additions. 
    Bug Live at the 9:30 club is also great.  Again, a couple of so-so songs, but plenty if rip-roaring magic there as well.  Beside the vinyl, the DVD is excellent with some cool intros at the beginning (gotta love both Keith Morris and Mike Watt!) and a few brief shots of Henry Rollins rocking in the off-stage balcony are great.   And J going, "Raisins?  Did somebody say... Raisins?"

Let me know what you go with/ what you think, Rob!

To celebrate the release of Martin + Me, and Fed Up and Feeling Strange on Vinyl and CD respectively, here is the official lyric video for the Dinosaur Jr hit track Get Me, which J performed live and captured on these releases.
    Order your copy of Martin + Me on Yellow Vinyl, and Fed Up and Feeling Strange, the live album here 👉
    http://cherryred.co/JMascis

https://youtu.be/tFp7xfrsPYs

(Tim Rogers)
  • BR2428BR2428 Posts: 118
    edited January 2021
    goldrush said:
    Lou says he "got in trouble" for talking about the new Dinosaur Jr LP...

This is from the latest email from his Joyful Noise 'Artist Enabler' series:

I read that Dino JR’s record label accidentally leaked the new album on their SoundCloud account. Oops!
    Post edited by BR2428 on
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • clayton12clayton12 Athens, GA Posts: 320
    They can do no wrong. Very little, musically, brings a smile to my face as easy as a J guitar solo.
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    Great news! The world needs a new Dinosaur Jr album.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
    dudeman said:
    Great news! The world needs a new Dinosaur Jr album.

:hug:

New Album Sweep It Into Space Out April 23

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    FARM, bitches!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    FARM, bitches!

Their best!!!

edited March 2021

Super bummed to find out that the pre-order for the new LP. Sweep it into Space, in colored vinyl is already out of stock.  I hate bands/ promoters that do this.  A faithful fan can't buy a colored album?  Hmmm, maybe time to find another favorite band.  Fuck this shit.

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    brianlux said:

Super bummed to find out that the pre-order for the new LP. Sweep it into Space, in colored vinyl is already out of stock.  I hate bands/ promoters that do this.  A faithful fan can't buy a colored album?  Hmmm, maybe time to find another favorite band.  Fuck this shit.
    This one?