Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

Dinosaur Jr. + J Mascis

123457»

Comments

• dudemandudeman Posts: 2,405
    Nice! Thanks for that. 

Love J.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 32,318
    edited July 6
    dudeman said:
    Nice! Thanks for that. 

Love J.

Yeah, pretty cool! :smile:

Did you happen to catch that "Fender PLAY Live" that I posted on June 24th?  I wasn't real impressed by the interviewer and J was in even more of an "I just woke up" kind of mood than normal, but I just cracked up at about 22:12 where you hear somebody (his wife maybe?) say something in the background and J waves them off and then you here this clinking of some dishes and J just freezes for a second and has this stoney look that kind of says, "Can't you see I'm doing a fucking interview here?"  :lol: 
    Post edited by brianlux on
    “In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.”
    -James Allen

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 6,379
    Finally got some live music last night and it was these dudes. Drive-in show and it went off really well. They played a couple new songs - one that Lou sings is pretty great. Enjoy a couple bad photos of the setup.

pjl44 said:
    Finally got some live music last night and it was these dudes. Drive-in show and it went off really well. They played a couple new songs - one that Lou sings is pretty great. Enjoy a couple bad photos of the setup.

OMG, that is SO COOL!  I don't go to shows anymore because of my hearing damage.  The last show I went to was at an outdoor club featuring  my drummer buddy Andy's band (Carlton Melton), and because they were super loud, I had to sit in my car to listen.  So a show like this with one of my all-time favorite bands would be perfect!!!  I hope they do something like that our here!  How cool!  :smiley:
    “In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.”
    -James Allen

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 6,379
    brianlux said:
    pjl44 said:

OMG, that is SO COOL!  I don't go to shows anymore because of my hearing damage.  The last show I went to was at an outdoor club featuring  my drummer buddy Andy's band (Carlton Melton), and because they were super loud, I had to sit in my car to listen.  So a show like this with one of my all-time favorite bands would be perfect!!!  I hope they do something like that our here!  How cool!  :smiley:
    In this case you literally could have sat in your car and tuned in to an FM station to listen. Which I guess means there's probably a broadcast out there if someone grabbed it.
    pjl44 said:
    brianlux said:
    pjl44 said:

In this case you literally could have sat in your car and tuned in to an FM station to listen. Which I guess means there's probably a broadcast out there if someone grabbed it.
    Sweet!

-James Allen

edited September 18
    A great cover of one of my favorite songs from one of my favorite bands and it features J Macis! 

-James Allen

• goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowherePosts: 5,129

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    goldrush said:

Oh!  I want to see this!  I don't do Amazon and it's not on Net Flicks.  I have to track this down somehow!
    -James Allen

Here's the Swanzey, NH Dino show.  Pretty good sound.  Opens with a favorite, The Lung!  Whoo hoo!!!

-James Allen

• petted101petted101 Posts: 122
    edited October 22
    Post edited by petted101 on
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowherePosts: 5,129
    petted101 said:
    Nice! Thanks for the heads up.

I just spotted this J Mascis solo acoustic 3cd set on there as well, I hadn't heard anything about this one before

https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/j-mascis-fed-up-and-feeling-strange-live-and-in-person-1993-1998-3cd/
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)