goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,273

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,687
    goldrush said:

OH MAN!  I love "Bulbs of Passion" anyway but this version is killer!  That all I have gig for this month, I hope they release this at least on CD if not vinyl! 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,970
    This is the best live recording I have ever heard from Dinosaur Jr. Highly recommended!
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    dudeman said:
    This is the best live recording I have ever heard from Dinosaur Jr. Highly recommended!

I sure hope this comes out on CD or, better yet, vinyl!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    Me too! I have a lot of their live stuff, maybe all that has been released. This one has that "from the front row" sound quality that has so far eluded this band.

I'm glad to have it, even if I had to burn it to CD myself. 
  • Options
    dudeman said:
    Me too! I have a lot of their live stuff, maybe all that has been released. This one has that "from the front row" sound quality that has so far eluded this band.

I'm glad to have it, even if I had to burn it to CD myself. 

I may have to figure out how to do that.

• Options
    edited December 2021
    Post edited by goldrush on

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    goldrush said:

A glorious bunch of noise there!  :smiley:

• Options
    Otis has posted some cool soundcheck photos on IG from this week’s show at Pappy & Harriet’s, Pioneertown CA

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Major cool for DInosaur/ major bummer for me.  Dinosaur Jr is going to be playing just 50  minutes down the road from here this coming Tuesday in Sacramento and after that, a couple hours away in San Francisco.

No way can I go.  My hearing is already in bad shape and I got hammered really badly the day before yesterday by a loud backfiring car.  It literally almost knocked me to my knees.  Dinosaur Jr would be the death of my hearing.  Sure would be nice if they would put out another concert video.  This is one band I would love so much to see.  But hey, can't do it all in one life time.

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,766
    Go hang outside. Bring a few lp jackets and some fresh sharpies. Rock from a distance.
  • Options
    Hearing protection has come a long way too. I can't remember the last concert I attended without ear plugs. Places like Guitar Center and music stores sell ear plugs that are frequency corrected so you hear the details of the performance, only without the exposure to damaging SPLs.

I think the last ones I bought cost $12.00.
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    Go hang outside. Bring a few lp jackets and some fresh sharpies. Rock from a distance.

I thought about it but hanging out in Sac these days during the day is depressing enough.  At night, probably scary.  My rough boy days are long gone, lol!

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,766
    Smart. Pass the torch and stay safe.
  • Options
    dudeman said:
    Hearing protection has come a long way too. I can't remember the last concert I attended without ear plugs. Places like Guitar Center and music stores sell ear plugs that are frequency corrected so you hear the details of the performance, only without the exposure to damaging SPLs.

I think the last ones I bought cost $12.00.

Hearing protection is a must.  The only drawback is that the best hearing protection in the world can only attenuate something like 45dBs because our skeletal structure transmits sound to our ears and into our brain.  When I saw Pearl Jam in 2012, I wore both foam ear plugs and industrial ear muffs and still suffered much worse tinnitus for a couple of weeks.
    But no complaints- what a great way to end my concert going life!  That was a killer show, right up there in my favorites with early The Who, Jimi Hendrix, and Neil Young and Crazy Horse.  Pretty damn good company!

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Dinosaur Jr played in Sacramento this evening, about 45 miles from my house.  I would like to have gone but at least I could hear J's guitar feeding back from my porch.  That was cool.

Oh, no, sorry.  That was my tinnitus I was hearing.  Oh well! :lol:

• Options
    Lou missed the Sacramento show because he was isolating after getting COVID. The gig went ahead with a replacement bassist.
    He said he’ll be back for the SF show.

https://www.facebook.com/867060111/posts/10166787496170112/?d=n

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    goldrush said:
    Lou missed the Sacramento show because he was isolating after getting COVID. The gig went ahead with a replacement bassist.
    He said he’ll be back for the SF show.

https://www.facebook.com/867060111/posts/10166787496170112/?d=n

Bummer!  Sorry to hear about that.  Good thoughts for Lou!

• Options
    Vinyl-only live EP coming on August 26th!

RECORDED LIVE ON MTV’S 120 MINUTES, MARCH 7TH 1993.

THE CLASSIC, FAN-FAVOURITE SESSION, RE-MASTERED FROM THE ORIGINAL TAPES.

FEATURING TRACKS FROM ACROSS THEIR CATALOGUE.

NEVER BEFORE RELEASED! VINYL ONLY!

Captured at the height of their powers during the heyday of the grunge movement that they inspired, J Mascis and Dinosaur Jr perform tracks from their back catalogue live on MTV’s 120 Minutes show.

Loud and heavy as ever, the band turn in an inspired performance, which has since become a legendary favourite among fans.

Never officially released until now, and produced in association with MTV and the band, ‘Seventytwohundredseconds’ is the latest in our ongoing extensive exploration of Dinosaur Jr’s brilliant Sire Records period. A must-hear glimpse of one of the treasures from the rich seam of American alternative rock and grunge artists who reinvigorated guitar- orientated music in the late 1980s and 1990s.

Track Listing:

SIDE A
    1 SEVERED LIPS
    2 BUDGE
    3 GET ME

SIDE B
    1 THUMB
    2 RAISANS

https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/dinosaur-jr-seventytwohundredseconds-live-on-mtv-1993-12-vinyl-ep/

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    petted101petted101 Posts: 188
    I like that they said 'ongoing'. makes me wonder what else cherry red will do.
  • Options
    RD171825RD171825 Posts: 440
    Excited for this!  I bought all the reissues that Cherry Red did awhile back and they all sound great. 
  • Options
    goldrush said:
    Vinyl-only live EP coming on August 26th!

RECORDED LIVE ON MTV’S 120 MINUTES, MARCH 7TH 1993.

THE CLASSIC, FAN-FAVOURITE SESSION, RE-MASTERED FROM THE ORIGINAL TAPES.

FEATURING TRACKS FROM ACROSS THEIR CATALOGUE.

NEVER BEFORE RELEASED! VINYL ONLY!

Captured at the height of their powers during the heyday of the grunge movement that they inspired, J Mascis and Dinosaur Jr perform tracks from their back catalogue live on MTV’s 120 Minutes show.

Loud and heavy as ever, the band turn in an inspired performance, which has since become a legendary favourite among fans.

Never officially released until now, and produced in association with MTV and the band, ‘Seventytwohundredseconds’ is the latest in our ongoing extensive exploration of Dinosaur Jr’s brilliant Sire Records period. A must-hear glimpse of one of the treasures from the rich seam of American alternative rock and grunge artists who reinvigorated guitar- orientated music in the late 1980s and 1990s.

Track Listing:

SIDE A
    1 SEVERED LIPS
    2 BUDGE
    3 GET ME

SIDE B
    1 THUMB
    2 RAISANS

https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/dinosaur-jr-seventytwohundredseconds-live-on-mtv-1993-12-vinyl-ep/

Pre-ordered.  Thanks for the heads up!

• Options
    edited July 2022
    This is a cool post from Lou

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    goldrush said:
    This is a cool post from Lou

I love it!  Thanks for posting it!

• Options
    Dinosaur Jr’s set at the Fuji Rock festival on Saturday will be streamed live on YouTube 

https://www.youtube.com/fujirockfestival

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Posted in the puzzle thread on the Porch but figured it belongs here as well. 

New puzzle subscription club using iconic album covers cofounded by J Mascis called Puzzle Heads. 

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    It's out and GREAT (see my mini review in recent vinyl thread)
    Dinosaur Jr issue 1993 MTV session as SeventyTwoHundredSeconds EP   hang the dj

• Options
    New Electro-Harmonix J Mascis Big Muff is out now too.

Going to see Dinosaur Jr. in a few weeks! Can't wait!
  • Options
    dudeman said:
    New Electro-Harmonix J Mascis Big Muff is out now too.

Going to see Dinosaur Jr. in a few weeks! Can't wait!

Yeah, I saw a clip on YouTube where J was shoing his case containing his collection of Big Muff pedals.  Quite impressive!

Have a great time at the show.  Don't forget these, LOL:
    Dos and Donts When Using Earplugs

• Options
    edited August 2022

This was on the table the last time I saw Dinosaur Jr. in a bar:

They weren't kidding!
    Post edited by dudeman on