Options

Dinosaur Jr. + J Mascis

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,732
    SO GOOD!  I listened to it again tonight.  Oh man!  J's best solo LP yet!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,977
    brianlux said:
    This album is awesome! I have had it on a loop in my car for a week.  Love it!
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    dudeman said:
    brianlux said:
    This album is awesome! I have had it on a loop in my car for a week.  Love it!

Nice!  :plus_one:                             
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    pjl44 said:

“It’s a vortex for food,” Mascis said. “It’s weird — I’ve traveled everywhere, and it’s the worst food anywhere, pretty much, that I know of.”
    :lol:           
    Go J! 

• Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,288

• RECORDED LIVE AT MAISON DE LA RADIO, STUDIO 105 PARIS ON MARCH 2ND 1993.

• FEATURING EXCLUSIVE LIVE VERSIONS OF TRACKS FROM ACROSS THE BAND’S CAREER UP TO THAT POINT.

• A CLASSIC, FAN-FAVOURITE SESSION, REMASTERED FROM THE ORIGINAL TAPES.

• ON COLOURED VINYL!

• NEVER BEFORE RELEASED!

• ANYONE WHO PRE-ORDERS THIS RELEASE WILL AUTOMATICALLY ENTER A COMPETITION TO WIN AN EXTREMELY RARE DINOSAUR JR TEST PRESSING!

Recorded in Paris – nine urgent Dinosaur Jr classics performed at arguably the band’s 90s peak as a live outfit.

Produced in conjunction with the band and INA, France. A companion piece to 2022’s best-selling ‘Seventytwohundredseconds’ MTV EP.

TRACK LISTING

SIDE A
    1 QUEST
    2 JUST LIKE HEAVEN
    3 LUNG / BERNARD
    4 FREAK SCENE
    5 GET ME

SIDE B
    1 DRAWERINGS
    2 KEEP THE GLOVE
    3 BUDGE
    4 THUMB

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    petted101petted101 Posts: 188
    Are Weezer and The Flaming Lips both bigger than Dinosaur Jr?
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,139
    edited March 15
    From a mainstream perspective they are. I’m a big Dino fan, but when I wear my shirt, most people say, “What’s that?”

Edit: I mean in notoriety. I like Weezer, but Dinosaur Jr. beats them everyday for me. Now, last time I saw Weezer in concert though, they were a hell of a lot of fun.
    Post edited by CarryTheZero on
  • Options
    From a mainstream perspective they are. I’m a big Dino fan, but when I wear my shirt, most people say, “What’s that?”

Edit: I mean in notoriety. I like Weezer, but Dinosaur Jr. beats them everyday for me. Now, last time I saw Weezer in concert though, they were a hell of a lot of fun.

Totally agreed!
    And other than people who know me, I've always gotten the same response anytime I wear a Dinosaur or J Mascis t-shirt.  I think maybe only once did someone say, "Oh cool, Dinosaur Jr!"

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    petted101 said:
    Are Weezer and The Flaming Lips both bigger than Dinosaur Jr?
    It brings me no joy to say they are 
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,139
    brianlux said:

Totally agreed!
    And other than people who know me, I've always gotten the same response anytime I wear a Dinosaur or J Mascis t-shirt.  I think maybe only once did someone say, "Oh cool, Dinosaur Jr!"
    Now the one time I got a random, “Love that shirt!” was when I was doing car rider at my school. One of the dads was a former rocker from Massachusetts, and he rolled the window down to admire my purple cow shirt. I always wear it on pajama day. It seems to fit!
  • Options
    brianlux said:

Totally agreed!
    Now the one time I got a random, “Love that shirt!” was when I was doing car rider at my school. One of the dads was a former rocker from Massachusetts, and he rolled the window down to admire my purple cow shirt. I always wear it on pajama day. It seems to fit!

Very cool!  And seeing as the dad is from Mass., that makes some good sense!

• Options
    petted101petted101 Posts: 188
    I cannot imagine Dino doing the 35 minute doors open set.

I haven't really listened to either Weezer or the Flaming Lips. But Weezer are opening for Smashing Pumpkins soon and I am looking forward to seeing/hearing them then.