so really...best cheese steak in Philly is????

Comments

• RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    F Me is correct, Dalessandro’s. It was a cluster fuck too. They are doing call in orders only and they have a take out window but it’s just not a system that’s sensible for the type of demand that they pull. I got a blurry pic of the chaos from a distance.

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    Wobbie’s cheesesteak look like it threw up 
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    I drove by there today too. It was insane 
    I drove by there today too. It was insane 
    It’s crazy. They make the best cheesesteak in Philly, but between the half hour drive each way and the wait time for the sandwiches I’ve only managed to go there twice in the year+ that I’ve lived in Philly now. Just so hard to justify the effort it takes when there’s so many other awesome spots that are 10x more convenient.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    mcgruff10 said:
    Delassandros?
    I m thinking Jersey Mike’s.  
    Hahaha
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I agree with all this. It’s my favorite cheesesteak spot but it’s usually a madhouse. 

Even if you call ahead, you’re still stuck in a confusing cluster fuck of a “line” to get your food. One time I called ahead coming home from the airport on an Eagles Sunday morning. Got there around noon—never again! 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I agree with all this. It’s my favorite cheesesteak spot but it’s usually a madhouse. 

Even if you call ahead, you’re still stuck in a confusing cluster fuck of a “line” to get your food. One time I called ahead coming home from the airport on an Eagles Sunday morning. Got there around noon—never again! 
    Just to explain their Covid-19 system a little bit. You have to call your order in and order everything you want (no last minute add-ons at the window). Then you have to go there and literally just stand around somewhere within earshot of the speaker they have so you can hear them call your name. Once they do call your name, THEN you get to go stand in the line to pickup your food for about 15-20 minutes. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    Yeah that seems like too much trouble for a steak.  
    Easier to point and laugh at a spilled open Sammie with two gigantic onion rings in front of it.
    ;)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    RiotZact said:

Just to explain their Covid-19 system a little bit. You have to call your order in and order everything you want (no last minute add-ons at the window). Then you have to go there and literally just stand around somewhere within earshot of the speaker they have so you can hear them call your name. Once they do call your name, THEN you get to go stand in the line to pickup your food for about 15-20 minutes. 

never ate there. Will have to check it out at some point in the future
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    RiotZact said:

never ate there. Will have to check it out at some point in the future
    Oh yeah you will for sure. I’ve had a lot of cheesesteaks, but when someone asks me which one is the best I don’t hesitate. It’s Dalessandro’s. 
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Dallessandro's is fine.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Dallessandro's is fine.
    Is it in a shady part of town?  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    Dallessandro's is fine.
    Not at all. Very nice area. 
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383
    RiotZact said:
    Yikes. Let’s clean this thread up a bit. Today I had the all-time, undisputed, undefeated GOAT. 

cheese? peppers? no?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    RiotZact said:
    Yikes. Let’s clean this thread up a bit. Today I had the all-time, undisputed, undefeated GOAT. 

cheese? peppers? no?
    American cheese, no peppers or onions. Hard to tell from this pic but it was loaded with cheese. 
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    mcgruff10 said:
    Dallessandro's is fine.
    Roxborough. Also, fine. 
    RiotZact said:

Haven't, and won't looking at those crowds, been there since Covid but their system was confusing as fuck even before the pandemic. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Not a cheese steak but about the closest thing to it here. Portillos beef with giardiniera. 

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    That looks really good
    Yuuuuuuuum
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Portillos is the real deal!! So damn good.  Get a slice of provolone on that.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    Portillos is the real deal!! So damn good.  Get a slice of provolone on that.  
    I’ll get shredded mozzarella once in a while.  That’s the only other topping though. Sweet peppers are good too, but not my preference. 
    I got it with just beef in 2018 and it was awesome. 
    bbiggs said:
    Not a cheese steak but about the closest thing to it here. Portillos beef with giardiniera. 

That looks great
    chinese-happy.jpg
    An OG

Better across the street.  ;)
    Married into a genos family. I like pats more at times but rarely get it
    Pat’s and Geno’s were my first 2 cheesesteaks but I haven’t been back since. They were solid though. I probably preferred Pat’s out of the 2. 
    Is the most common way to order a cheesesteak with cheese? If so, sliced or like a cheddar sauce? Sounds like a dumb question, but I ask because an Italian beef, which is more of a Chicago sandwich, is commonly ordered without cheese. Usually sweet or hot peppers. Shredded mozz at most. Cheddar sauce is sacrilegious imo. 
    Yeah cheese is pretty much a must. Cheese Wiz is pretty popular but so are sliced American and provolone. I go with American myself.